***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If you're not moaning you're just accepting medecority, Ken like. 

A term I have only heard on KB. I would love to know what these folk are doing to not accept mediocrety because crying on KB isn't changing anything.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There it is. FFS.

Folk moaning on and on about how shit we are before we have kicked a ball yet tells a story

I made the post in the sense that we should all be thinking Positively and that we should beat Utd comfortably. It all starts with mentality and belief 

That’s a reasonable expectation.

I never even mentioned anything about Being shit before we have kicked a ball. 

Don’t know why but I think Robbie will be our manager again. Definitely not itk, based on heehaw, just a feeling 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why Burns ahead of Hickey? Going by media reports it seems Zanatta and McDonald might get some game time.

Hickey injured 

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I made the post in the sense that we should all be thinking Positively and that we should beat Utd comfortably. It all starts with mentality and belief 

That’s a reasonable expectation.

I never even mentioned anything about Being shit before we have kicked a ball. 

Ok, sorry I thought you were just having a moan.

3-0 to Dundee utd. Levein walks and guardiola comes out and says hearts is his dream job and leaves Man City. All to happen by sat pm. In the know. 👍🏻😃

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Mentality and belief. 

Sadly lacking by the flappers on here.

Absolutely, we need to give the team a chance first and getting the new players to gel will take a bit of time 

That said, we still need to aim higher and improve our overall performances from last season

Play like we played in the cup final at the end of last season and we will be fine 

Horatio Caine
17 minutes ago, Fergal said:

3-0 to Dundee utd. Levein walks and guardiola comes out and says hearts is his dream job and leaves Man City. All to happen by sat pm. In the know. 👍🏻😃

Well, that would make sense because Hearts were Guardiola's boyhood heroes.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on 

The fact that excuses are already being thrown about, and we haven’t even started the season yet, tells its own story 

this acceptance of mediocrity stinks - we are a big club and we should expect a level of success and performance to align with our overall 

Edited by iantjambo
Forget it. I read your comments after the quoted post 👍🏻

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t think United are a bad team, and unbelievably we are still in a position where we have injuries or unavailability of key players.

Neilson will be desperate to get a result.

I think I will wait to see the team before making any predictions.

We’ve certainly got options. I’d go with something like

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Halkett Burns

Edwards Clare Irving Mulraney

Uche Washington

2-0 to Hearts.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You say in your first sentence that the season hasn't even started yet and then go on about "acceptance of mediocrity" and "expect a level of success and performance" in your second one.

You're all over the place chief.

Some excuses being made previously on this thread about not expecting to win a game against a championship side, before we have even played them, or started the season proper tells it’s own story.

That’s quite a simple statement to comprehend and I referenced this to a previous post.

The second point I made is that we should expect better this season and it starts with the Utd game

the points I made are hardly all over the place chief 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Don’t know why but I think Robbie will be our manager again. Definitely not itk, based on heehaw, just a feeling 

Propeller.............Contact...........!!!

TemasekJambo
31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

We’ve certainly got options. I’d go with something like

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Halkett Burns

Edwards Clare Irving Mulraney

Uche Washington

2-0 to Hearts.

I think that is the team though Berra is likely to start ahead of Halkett. There should be enough there to beat United.

sidjamesbottle
53 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well, that would make sense because Hearts were Guardiola's boyhood heroes.

Yeh i'm sure Pep wears jerseys with patches at the elbows it all makes sense now !

It will be interesting to see how well this lad plays for United tomorrow assuming he plays of course.

Rachid Bouhenna

He is listed as a defender but I saw him in the play offs and he seemed to play as the defensive midfielder and looked decent.

Still has a year to go on his contract though.

6 hours ago, bistokid said:

The League Cup Group stages has already cost a failing Hearts Manager his job...

I’m sure he’s devastated. Totally ruined his career. 

letsalldothebeattie

Team of:

Zlamal

Souttar Halkett Berra

McDonald Cochrane Edwards Mulraney

Clare

Washington Uche

3-0 Hearts. Washington, Uche & McDonald

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Team of:

Zlamal

Souttar Halkett Berra

Clare

Washington Uche

👍🏻

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Team of:

Zlamal

Souttar Halkett Berra

Clare

Washington Uche

Good man.  My phone says were raging hot favourites.

PHP.

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

A term I have only heard on KB. I would love to know what these folk are doing to not accept mediocrety because crying on KB isn't changing anything.

The only thing to do would be not renewing/buying ST's and halting FOH contributions. However, most fans, even those of us who are unconvinced that Levein is the way forward, are reluctant to do that. "Crying", as you put it, is surely a better alternative to harming the club financially.

If naysayers are "crying" what are the relentlessly pro-Levein posters doing? Posting with style and panache and with right on their side, presumably?

There are two sides and one is just as entitled to an opinion on this forum as the other.

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Some excuses being made previously on this thread about not expecting to win a game against a championship side, before we have even played them, or started the season proper tells it’s own story.

That’s quite a simple statement to comprehend and I referenced this to a previous post.

The second point I made is that we should expect better this season and it starts with the Utd game

the points I made are hardly all over the place chief 

Yes, I saw that and edited my post.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think United are a bad team, and unbelievably we are still in a position where we have injuries or unavailability of key players.

Neilson will be desperate to get a result.

I think I will wait to see the team before making any predictions.

Why is this so unbelievable? Players get injured. Just look at Celtic. They have Tierney out injured, they bring in a big money replacement and he gets injured in their first match. 

There’s a good reason Naismith is unavailable, MacLean is suspended and a few key players like Uche, Washington and White aren’t up so speed yet because we’re still half way through pre-season.

18 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Why is this so unbelievable? Players get injured. Just look at Celtic. They have Tierney out injured, they bring in a big money replacement and he gets injured in their first match. 

There’s a good reason Naismith is unavailable, MacLean is suspended and a few key players like Uche, Washington and White aren’t up so speed yet because we’re still half way through pre-season.

Way off topic (not unusual for here 😆) but I remember you and a few others suggesting changes were likely to be made to the coaching structure this Summer......Have you heard anymore? Has the idea been scrapped?

Cheers.

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Way off topic (not unusual for here 😆) but I remember you and a few others suggesting changes were likely to be made to the coaching structure this Summer......Have you heard anymore? Has the idea been scrapped?

Cheers.

Not heard any more tbh. I’m very surprised it hasn’t happened yet but still plenty time before league season starts for some members of the coaching team to pick up a job elsewhere. May also have chosen to wait for the first raft of managerial casualties to happen though instead.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m sure he’s devastated. Totally ruined his career. 

Not sure the point you're making? 

Soapy Soutar

Last season is done and its hard to know how it wouldve panned out if we werent so unlucky with injuries,also we had a run of games where some poor decisions cost us points.Also though a big chunk of the season we were piss poor so its hard to guage what this season will bring.

I expect us to beat utd and with a fair bit of ease..as for the season i expect us to improve on last season and give it our all then take it from there.

Oh and to put hibs in their place

Think we could go for something like:

Zlamal

Smith   Souttar    Berra  Burns

Irving

Edwards   Clare   Mulraney

Uche   Washington

Irving playing in the deeper role for his passing ability, with Edwards tracking back to help him out.

Front 4 have a bit of free rein to do what they want.

Would be nice attacking line up

So what's the deal then?      If you're not full-on banzai WE ARRA HERTZ WINNIN MENTALITEH then you're a mediocritter?

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, I saw that and edited my post.

Apologies.

I had already posted a response way before I read your edit. 

3 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Last season is done and its hard to know how it wouldve panned out if we werent so unlucky with injuries,also we had a run of games where some poor decisions cost us points.Also though a big chunk of the season we were piss poor so its hard to guage what this season will bring.

I expect us to beat utd and with a fair bit of ease..as for the season i expect us to improve on last season and give it our all then take it from there.

Oh and to put hibs in their place

This 100%

Starting with a 3-0 Hearts win🤞

C'mon the famous

HHGH

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

So what's the deal then?      If you're not full-on banzai WE ARRA HERTZ WINNIN MENTALITEH then you're a mediocritter?

mediocRITTER? me thinks 

Guest ToqueJambo

Very much looking forward to this game. Great first fixture with lots of interest, especially the whole student vs mentor thing between the managers. D Utd are putting together a Premiership standard squad but we've nothing to fear from them at all. 

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Mentality and belief. 

Sadly lacking by the flappers on here.

Or a lack of realism but those drinking the Kool Aid.

gashauskis9

I wouldn’t even know where to start with predicting the team.  I don’t think pre-season has given Craig much peace of mind in terms of strongest 11.

I honestly don't think we've had a pre season in the true sense.  Just hope we don't suffer for that.

2 or 3 kickabouts.

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I wouldn’t even know where to start with predicting the team.  I don’t think pre-season has given Craig much peace of mind in terms of strongest 11.

When everyone is fit we have a core of about 7 or 8 players who will be guaranteed to start. The main decisions are how many centre backs and who plays left back. Complicated for tomorrow as a few key players aren’t fit and Naismith hasn’t signed yet.

Bazzas right boot

A good win will be good for many reasons , keep jkb quiet for a wee while. 

When we started strong last season, jkb was good for about 3 months. 

Folk were nice to each other, debates were courteous and sometimes informative, there was even a good bit of banter. 

We got beat and the melts returned and every thread since then has ended up a CL out one, I'm expecting Chesters shite in a field thread to turn soon. 

Win please, guarantees top spot and we can get the squad fit, get a few signings and hit August with optimism and confidence. 

Think it will be tough and would be far more nervous if it was an away game, with Robbie in charge he'll just defend and play shite fitba, cos that's what he done with us away from home, eh. 

Washingston to score. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

This will be a good warm up for the League, about the most I expect from these farcical cup games. I do think it will be close affair right enough. 

Reading evening news...

Walker not fit, haring not fit, white not fit, Naismith unavailable, uche and Keenan not fully fit...

And so the season the starts 👍good to be back

4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Reading evening news...

Walker not fit, haring not fit, white not fit, Naismith unavailable, uche and Keenan not fully fit...

Walker will play a part tomorrow.

rick witter
39 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Reading evening news...

How is Uche not fit? 

Has he had another injury we don’t know about.  

i thought he was fully fit during pre season 

58 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Reading evening news...

Tremendous.

20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How is Uche not fit? 

Has he had another injury we don’t know about.  

i thought he was fully fit during pre season 

Totally agree, Rick. :thumbsup:

How the feck can he not be fit?

Mr Elwood P

On a more positive note, for our last three League Cup games at Tynecastle the form is:

P3 W3 GF14 GA2

Dundee United are a decent side but I think we will have too much for them. I’ll go:

Hearts 2-1 Dundee United 

Soapy Soutar
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Reading evening news...

Good job we have a squad