***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

When was the last time we scored 3 goals at home in a game??? 

Cant spell ‘rick witter’ without ‘twit’.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That bench shows you how bad our squad really is!! 

Oh give it a rest will you!

Zlamal 

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey 

Halkett

Clare  Cochrane  Mulraney 

Washington  Uche

NaturalOrder74

A lot of pressure on us getting a decent result from this game, Really going to kick off if we lose this game 

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think we will lose......but not to worry as seemingly it’s just a glorified pre-season game according to one of our luminaries on here. 😉

Three weeks before our first league match in 2014/15 (where we romped the Championship) we lost 3-0 to Dundee.

Two weeks before our first league match in 2011/12 (where we ended up winning the Cup) we lost 2-1 to Cowdenbeath.

Two weeks before our first league match in 2005/06 (where we won the cup and finished 2nd) we drew 0-0 with Berwick Rangers.

Onw week before our first league match in 1997/98 (where we won the cup and finished 3rd)  we lost 2-1 to Grimsby.

Forgive me if I don’t pish my breeks at the thought of losing to Dundee Utd three weeks before the league even kicks off 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

A lot of pressure on us getting a decent result from this game, Really going to kick off if we lose this game 

No pressure at all in my mind and, going by his quotes, in the mind of Levein either.

Ted Hastings
2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

C’mon now. The last game in the league was two reserve teams battling it out so your point is completely based on the cup final.

Glorious failure which has saved Levein because if we’d been pumped 4-0 you can bet the mood wouldn’t be as jovial as it is now from certain quarters.

Think you may have missed my initial post on this. My only point was that when Levein changed to the 4-3-3 formation our performances improved, as seen by our performance in the final, which glorious failure or not was an improvement. Then the folk that replied to it used it as an opportunity to dredge up Levein et al’s various shortcomings last season. 

Last season is finished and the first competitive action of this season is about to start, I’m going into it with a positive outlook and choosing not to wallow in any negativity from last season, otherwise what is the point? We’ve still to get a look at our new signings and will hopefully get a couple more in before the season starts yet folk are wanting to write us off before a ball is kicked in earnest. 

Dagger Is Back

Lots to ponder

United have a decent squad with good experience and could cause us problems up front. We're at home although not at full strength. It's early in the season for both teams.

Personally I want to see us win every game. For years I've wanted us to adopt an OF mentality on/off the park in that anything other than a win is unacceptable.

I don't really get some comments on here 'accepting' the possibility of a defeat. Not a winners attitude in my book regardless of how much folks want to dress it up with stats/excuses

I think it will be a tight game but expect goals and us to nick it

A defeat or a draw in real terms would be a setback but not a catastrophe.  It's the way we play that really matters.  If it's a jittery, uninspiring performance, that will be bitterly disappointing.

Won't happen though.  3-0 Hearts, possibly 4.

A must win game already we have a tough first round of fixtures in the league and Levein is losing the patience of the fans could get toxic early in the season 

14 hours ago, rick witter said:

The truth being repeated. 

I agree it’s the same old shite and wish it would change but it never will with Levein in charge. 

Every thread you are repeating the same shit, regardless of the topic.

Finlay James
30 minutes ago, pointon said:

A must win game already we have a tough first round of fixtures in the league and Levein is losing the patience of the fans could get toxic early in the season 

That would be the case for all clubs and managers, it's not exclusive to Hearts.  

I think things will be more interesting across the city though as Hibs look like they're in for a much bumpier ride than we are.  Could get more toxic than normal at Easter road.

4forDevries

Bit surprised a few people have not got Halkett in to play in Haring's role. I'd go for     Zlamal

Smith Soutter Berra Hickey

Zonatta Bozanic Halkett Mulaney

Washington Keena

Alex Kintner
48 minutes ago, pointon said:

It’s not must-win. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s not must-win. 

League cup at home against a championship team,its a must win.

20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s not must-win. 

The League Cup Group stages has already cost a failing Hearts Manager his job...

Alex Kintner
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

League cup at home against a championship team,its a must win.

No, that makes it a should-win. 

Just now, bistokid said:

The League Cup Group stages has already cost a failing Hearts Manager his job...

Big difference between where we were two years and where we are today.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Results-wise, not that much. 

Ernie Eskilsson

It’s time to stop making excuses for poor results. We need to establish a winning mentality and get into the habit of winning games, every game, so that losing becomes the exception and only happens against the better teams.

GorgieFifeLife

A lot of people seem to be saying it is early to judge and a defeat wouldn't be bad.  We don't win nearly enough silverware to take a League Cup game lightly.  The club have known for some time that this is when our first competitive fixture will be so it would not be justified to make excuses if we don't win this game.  The pressure starts here and we need to see signs of progress.

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There actually is a big difference, two years ago we had just finished 3rd with 65 points.  We've now finished 6th two years in a row with 46 and 49 points.

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

There actually is a big difference, two years ago we had just finished 3rd with 65 points.  We've now finished 6th two years in a row with 46 and 49 points.

Oooft! 😩

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Cant argue with that, some will though.

26 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Aye and after finishing 3rd the 'fans' were screaming for the managers head.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is everyone registered properly? Good starting point. 

Zlamal 

Smith Souttar Berra Burns

Bozanic Clare Edwards 

Washington Ikpeazu Mulraney 

About best we can throw out 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Zlamal 

Bozanic Clare Edwards 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have Soutar, Smith  or Halkett in front of a back 4  - with Ewards missing out from your team. Also think he may prefer Hickey to Burns 

Edited by scott herbertson

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Zlamal 

Bozanic Clare Edwards 

I like Edwards, should have had more games last season.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s not must-win. 

Come on Frank. It’s definitely a must win game. 

Captain Sausage

Not really one for the tears, snotters and histrionics like some others on the thread but a loss tomorrow puts Levein massively on the back foot. 

Results havent been great, but a majority of fans seem to be onside pending a successful start to our season. The season starts tomorrow and a loss would, while not terminal, certainly remove any leniency for a less than perfect start to the season. 

Clerry Jambo
49 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

It’s time to stop making excuses for poor results. We need to establish a winning mentality and get into the habit of winning games, every game, so that losing becomes the exception and only happens against the better teams.

Correct but you can see the losing mentality has reached jkb also

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

In terms of general feeling around the club and fans’ patience, it’s nowhere near.

44 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

35 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cant argue with that, some will though.

I’ll argue with it in that we hadn’t just finished 3rd. We had finished 5th under Cathro and the vast majority of fans wanted him gone during the summer.

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are we out if we draw or lose? Will the manager lose his job if we draw or lose? 

I expect us to win and think we will win but I’m totally aware we are still only halfway through our preparations for the start of the league.

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A draw and a win on penalties, is likely have the exact same ramifications for the group, as winning in 90 minutes. Losing wouldn't be good, although it would be an opportunity to further illustrate how intellectually bankrupt team plane hire actually are! 

Mr Elwood P
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Zlamal 

Bozanic Clare Edwards 

Why Burns ahead of Hickey? Going by media reports it seems Zanatta and McDonald might get some game time.

15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Are we out if we draw or lose? Will the manager lose his job if we draw or lose? 

I expect us to win and think we will win but I’m totally aware we are still only halfway through our preparations for the start of the league.

No we wouldn’t be but you know that. We need a strong start after the disappointing end to the season. 

We can’t have another season of ready made excuses. 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

No, that makes it a should-win. 

From January this year our League form reads: W3 D3 L11. We finished 6th.

Cathro from January form reads: W4 D3 L10. We finished 5th.

From KB 50% wanted Levein gone. Anecdotally I'd say its probably higher.  Not looking to open the debate up but think you are underplaying the ramifications if we were to lose or even draw with a poor performance.

fabienleclerq
21 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Yep.   I get the sense Berra will be back-up this season as long as Souttar isn't sold

Behave Ffs. 

hmfc_liam06

Folk going on about form.

Here's our current form:

Played 0

Won 0

Lost 0

Drawn 0

It's a new season ffs.

Bazzas right boot

We've lost Djoum. 

Lee, Haring and Walker are all injured? 

Naismith isn't our player 

Tbh, I'm not too confident about this.

Our midfield is in a bad way. 

I think our team will look different come August, but atm it could actually be weaker than last season. 

Utd will fancy this. 

At home tho, so I'll predict a narrow home win. 

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

No we wouldn’t be but you know that. We need a strong start after the disappointing end to the season. 

We need a strong start to the league season. As long as we qualify from the league cup group I don’t really care how it happens tbh

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, bistokid said:

From January this year our League form reads: W3 D3 L11. We finished 6th.

Cathro from January form reads: W4 D3 L10. We finished 5th.

From KB 50% wanted Levein gone. Anecdotally I'd say its probably higher.  Not looking to open the debate up but think you are underplaying the ramifications if we were to lose or even draw with a poor performance.

Pretty much 100% wanted Cathro gone and we hadn’t just played in a cup final

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We've lost Djoum. 

Lee, Haring and Walker are all injured? 

Naismith isn't our player 

Tbh, I'm not too confident about this.

Our midfield is in a bad way. 

I think our team will look different come August, but atm it could actually be weaker than last season. 

Utd will fancy this. 

At home tho, so I'll predict a narrow home win. 

Bozanic and Clare are good enough against Dundee Utd. The most important thing is that we have much better options further forward in Washingston, Uche, Mulraney, Keena and Zanatta

33 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Spot on 

The fact that excuses are already being thrown about, and we haven’t even started the season yet, tells its own story 

this acceptance of mediocrity stinks - we are a big club and we should expect a level of success and performance to align with our overall status 

6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on 

The fact that excuses are already being thrown about, and we haven’t even started the season yet, tells its own story 

this acceptance of mediocrity stinks - we are a big club and we should expect a level of success and performance to align with our overall status 

There it is. FFS.

Folk moaning on and on about how shit we are before we have kicked a ball yet tells a story

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Bozanic and Clare are good enough against Dundee Utd. The most important thing is that we have much better options further forward in Washingston, Uche, Mulraney, Keena and Zanatta

Yeah, We are better up front and we should have enough, but imo it won't be comfortable and Utd will fancy it. 

Just a win please Hearts. If we lose the game I can see a panic buy following it. The fact it's the last year of Levein's contract may well dictate that kind of reaction.

Looking for serene progress to the knockout stages to get us into August past the English transfer deadline before we consider bringing in a central midfielder. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There it is. FFS.

Folk moaning on and on about how shit we are before we have kicked a ball yet tells a story

If you're not moaning you're just accepting medecority, Ken like.