***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Be prepared for a deluge of protestations for daring to criticise he who is beyond criticism.:lol:

Correct m8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Sparkymarky1874

Hearts win.nothing else will do.breeds confidence for the rest of the season.let's be positive 😏

Sparkymarky1874

Either that or we get beat.and just forget the rest of the season.the choice is yours.over to you players and staff😆

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Sparkymarky1874 said:

Hearts win.nothing else will do.breeds confidence for the rest of the season.let's be positive 😏

I agree a nice few goals do us all a world of good

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, gov said:

My bad if someone normally sets these threads up or its a bit early...just a bit bored at work

With Craig confirming some players are out of Friday through injury and suspension how would everyone line up? tough test for the first game clearly the hardest game of the group but if we win then would be very confident of getting out the group and be a positive start to the season

Pretty safe if they get a penalty, they are hopeless at them, 2-0 Hearts.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Zlamal

Berra

Souttar             Halkett

Smith                     Edwards             Mulraney

Clare

Zanatta                          McDonald

Washington

Subs:  Doyle, Dikamona, Uche, Cochrane, Bozanic, Hickey, Keena

Would be happy to see Hickey on for Berra, and revert to a back 4 with Souttar and Halkett in the middle.

Actually quite excited by that side, I think we need to see some of the younger players step up this season.

Edited by Queensland Jambo

______________Zlamal

______Souttar__Berra__Halkett

____Smith__Clare__Bozanic__Hickey 

____Zanatta__Ikpeazu__Mulraney 

This for me, would like to see Washington and White get some minutes from the bench along with one of the young lads

WheatfieldWarrior
40 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Zlamal

Berra

Souttar             Halkett

Smith                     Edwards             Mulraney

Clare

Zanatta                          McDonald

Washington

Subs:  Doyle, Dikamona, Uche, Cochrane, Bozanic, Hickey, Keena

Would be happy to see Hickey on for Berra, and revert to a back 4 with Souttar and Halkett in the middle.

Actually quite excited by that side, I think we need to see some of the younger players step up this season.

Not a chance Berra would be left out.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
37 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Not a chance Berra would be left out.

Understand why you say that and you may very well be right, but I think Berra is our third best centre back now.

4 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Understand why you say that and you may very well be right, but I think Berra is our third best centre back now.

Hopefully the pre season and a rest has helped him.  He's been awful for a few months, we will probably find out after several games if his injuries have finished him.  Hope he comes back to his early form for us though! 

Everyone seems to be quoting Hickey, yet he has saw no game time at all pre-season?

Edited by ericb

Always seems like the early games in a season look “leggy” as players try to get match fitness. 

Think a narrow victory but a tight game where we don’t wholly dominate.  Don’t think Utd will hurt us but from what I saw of them last season, they look decent in possession which will allow them to frustrate us. 

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

Everyone seems to be quoting Hickey, yet he has saw no game time at all pre-season?

Played 45 against Arbroath.

rick witter
3 hours ago, kila said:

Just like your posts... so predictable and same old shite being repeated

The truth being repeated. 

I agree it’s the same old shite and wish it would change but it never will with Levein in charge. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

What a load of attention seeking shite.

By the way it's 'wouldn't have'. 

Your grammar is as bad as the content of your post. 

Simple put me on ignore,your blood pressure is bound to be through the roof.

59 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Simple put me on ignore,your blood pressure is bound to be through the roof.

Spenny!!!!!!!!! 

Show some respect. 

Personally I can’t wait for the start of the new season. Optimism returns! 

Should be a cracker Friday night and I expect Hearts to win a tight affair. 

_______________Zlamal

______Souttar___Berra_____Halkett

Smith________________________Hickey

____Edwards__Bozanic__Mulraney

_______________Clare

____________Washington

3 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Zlamal

Smith                 Souttar   Berra         Burns

Halkett

Bozanic              Cochrane              Mulraney

Clare

Uche   

Subs:  Doyle, Dikamona, Irving, Smith Zanatta, Hickey, Keena, Edwards

I edited yours to what I think it could be.

Edited by wavydavy

I’d go

Zlamal

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey

McDonald Bozanic Clare Mulraney 

Uche Washington

Edited by 19/05/2012

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

Hopefully the pre season and a rest has helped him.  He's been awful for a few months, we will probably find out after several games if his injuries have finished him.  Hope he comes back to his early form for us though! 

I think Berra is the best defender at the club - I haven't seen any performances from others that that would change that view.

I haven't even seen Halket play for us yet(Just saw the Arbroath and the Inverness games), though he looks a good player.

It's as much as anything, the way Berra  bosses defensive and attacking set plays - someone replacing him would need to excel in these areas as well. 

I don't agree on the point about Berra being in poor for months - the only criticism I've seen is of the high outball that he seems to prefer, or that he must be slow because he's 34 and had an injury. If we had a list of goals that were Berra's fault, I'd imagine it's a very short list.

WheatfieldWarrior
32 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I’d go

Zlamal

Uche Washington

I think We'll see MacLean and Edwards in the side with Burns at LB

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Blackshades
8 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think We'll see MacLean and Edwards in the side with Burns at LB

You won't see MacLean he's suspended

2 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Have to agree.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

You won't see MacLean he's suspended

Yes, forgot about that.

7 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

I’d stick with the 4-3-3 that Craig implemented (with a bit of success) late last season.

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Edwards  Bozanic

Clare

Zanatta Washington Mulraney

Did I miss that bit of success? Was that the success when we didn't win a game after the split? 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

😂😂😂😂

Stay off the hard stuff. 

I was very tempted to be on the hard stuff at 2am when NZ reached the CWC final.  Showing previously unseen maturity, went back to bed😂.

Sticking to my 3-0 prediction and England to win my dream final after thrashing Australia to pulp tonight.

2 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think Berra is the best defender at the club - I haven't seen any performances from others that that would change that view.

I haven't even seen Halket play for us yet(Just saw the Arbroath and the Inverness games), though he looks a good player.

It's as much as anything, the way Berra  bosses defensive and attacking set plays - someone replacing him would need to excel in these areas as well. 

I don't agree on the point about Berra being in poor for months - the only criticism I've seen is of the high outball that he seems to prefer, or that he must be slow because he's 34 and had an injury. If we had a list of goals that were Berra's fault, I'd imagine it's a very short list.

Berra was solid at Easter Road while Souttar was all over the shop. Berra got partly blamed for Celtic’s winner in the Final but if you watch it back, Soapy let Edouard run right past in front of him in the lead to the goal. He didn’t switch on. He should’ve came off his man and tracked the run. 

Berra’s use of the ball is chronic at times but the guy is immense around our box.

Maybe the legs are slowly going but there’s not a better reader or ball winner at the back at Hearts than him. (Not seen Halkett yet in maroon).  If the legs go then he’ll certainly be deposed.  

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, Hall said:

Did I miss that bit of success? Was that the success when we didn't win a game after the split? 

Mother of God, you know what I meant. Our last two performances against Celtic (the best domestic team by a country mile) were much improved and if not for two very costly individual errors we would have won the cup.

Anyway, new season, new you? Fresh start and all that. Or you can carry all the negatives from last season immediately into this one. 

Back on topic, I’m going for 2-0 

3 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I’d go

Zlamal

Uche Washington

Smith lb, Logan rb

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, iainmac said:

I'd personally not play a guy out of position against a Championship side when we have a guy that's already appeared & acquitted himself well in our biggest game last season for that position. 

Hickey is injured. Burns has played almost every game in a Hearts jersey at left back

41 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Mother of God, you know what I meant. Our last two performances against Celtic (the best domestic team by a country mile) were much improved and if not for two very costly individual errors we would have won the cup.

Anyway, new season, new you? Fresh start and all that. Or you can carry all the negatives from last season immediately into this one. 

Back on topic, I’m going for 2-0 

C’mon now. The last game in the league was two reserve teams battling it out so your point is completely based on the cup final.

Glorious failure which has saved Levein because if we’d been pumped 4-0 you can bet the mood wouldn’t be as jovial as it is now from certain quarters.

The Apprentice
3 hours ago, rick witter said:

😂😂😂😂

Stay off the hard stuff. 

God forbid someone is positive about the team they support. Perhaps you should try it sometime or better still just give it a swerve altogether because it’s obviously causing you a lot of anger.

North Berwick Jambo

Bobby

Smith  

Souttar 

Halkett

Burns 

McDonald

Edwards

Clare

Mulraney

Uche

Washington 

6 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Bobby

Smith  

Souttar 

Halkett

Burns 

McDonald

Edwards

Clare

Mulraney

Uche

Washington 

The only change I’d make to this would be White for burns for 45 mins. White is our foreseeable future LB imo. Burns in for the second 45 or as long as white is fit and able to compete. I’d be happy with this starting line up though. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Assuming we're not risking Walker and White, and a back 3 just as a way to get all our (probably) best fit players in:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Edwards Clare Bozanic Mulraney

Uche Washington

Subs: MacDonald, Cochrane, Doyle, Wighton, Dikamona, Burns, Keena

Looking at it like this our midfield options without Lee, Djoum, Walker, Haring and Naismith is very much a reserve central midfield. If that latter 3 are out for a while there's no doubt we need to strengthen, unless Clare, Edwards and Cochrane kick on. Lots of unknowns (like any season) especially as we look like we'll be bringing in some youngsters. Midfield is a worry after that Haring news. Less so if Naismith and Walker are fit soon.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

God forbid someone is positive about the team they support. Perhaps you should try it sometime or better still just give it a swerve altogether because it’s obviously causing you a lot of anger.

Please don’t encourage him to change. His seethe gives most of us great pleasure 😊

rick witter
31 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

When was the last time we scored 3 goals at home in a game??? 

rick witter
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Assuming we're not risking Walker and White, and a back 3 just as a way to get all our (probably) best fit players in:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Edwards Clare Bozanic Mulraney

Uche Washington

Subs: MacDonald, Cochrane, Doyle, Wighton, Dikamona, Burns, Keena

Looking at it like this our midfield options without Lee, Djoum, Walker, Haring and Naismith is very much a reserve central midfield. If that latter 3 are out for a while there's no doubt we need to strengthen, unless Clare, Edwards and Cochrane kick on. Lots of unknowns (like any season) especially as we look like we'll be bringing in some youngsters. Midfield is a worry after that Haring news. Less so if Naismith and Walker are fit soon.

That bench shows you how bad our squad really is!! 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, rick witter said:

Depends if you support having a youth policy or not. I'm not sure supporting Hearts is for you if you don't.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Didn't watch our league cup games last season then? Makes sense to compare with the same competition right?

I think we will lose......but not to worry as seemingly it’s just a glorified pre-season game according to one of our luminaries on here. 😉

Byyy The Light
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think we will lose......but not to worry as seemingly it’s just a glorified pre-season game according to one of our luminaries on here. 😉

Serious question. Why do you think that?

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Shut up .

Honestly try not to because you have made some good points.

But you are reekin

The Apprentice
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I’m not going to add to the bites you’ve already got. Honestly if I was as miserable as you then I simply wouldn’t bother with it.