Adam King signs for Dundee Utd ( updated )

itsnomarooned

5 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Surprised to see him go to utd.

Neilson messed his brother's Hearts and Dundee Utd career..

Was it Neilson that allowed him to move on when he was manager?

Seems like ages ago now but he was excellent for us during the championship season. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
52 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Dont forget THE Rangers & the hobos

Never played aswell against them infact struggled with step up 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never played aswell against them infact struggled with step up 

Did a “step round” the Hibs goalie in the relegation party game at Tynie. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Yeah that was one of his finest moments! Worse players than him have scored against that mob

Think it's harsh to say King didn't make the step up.

He was told pretty early on that he wasn't going to feature in the 1st premiership season, unfairly imo.

Soapy Soutar
6 hours ago, Glottis said:

Think it's harsh to say King didn't make the step up.

He was told pretty early on that he wasn't going to feature in the 1st premiership season, unfairly imo.

I liked billy king and think he is 1 we let go to early

I'd have thought that John McGlynn would be looking for guys like Billy to get Raith Rovers out of League 1 although they might not be able to pay him much but it still is a full time club.

MR INCREDIBLE
8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

My laddies got his top from that day.. 

Great moment. 

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Defo’ he should never have joined the huns.  Falkirk would be a good place to start I think. 

I think - and as much as it annoyed me - it’s difficult to blame Billy for being out of favour here and then suggest he should have knocked back Rangers for a team like Falkirk. Cmon man...

Billy always looked good coming from the bench, he was a good impact as defenders tired but he just didn’t ever seem to cut it starting games. 

The best of the bunch were Walker and Paterson with Nicholson - imo anyway - having by far the best natural ability. If Sam had a bit more pace he really could’ve been a player I reckon. Great skills. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

My laddies got his top from that day.. 

Great moment. 

I got his boots from that game, the numpty even signed them with the wrong squad number 😂

Typical footballer brains ! 

15 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Billy was shit hot in the championship year at times! He looked a world beater. 

His stats - especially assists - were very good. Much better than any winger we’ve had since. Pity it went wrong somehow.

Bazzas right boot
On 10/07/2019 at 13:05, Saughton Jambo said:

The name he was christened with is George. He’s been called wee joe since school though 

Yip and George is his dad's name, his brother William was my grandad. 

Here we go again. Because Billy is a popular local lad from a Hearts supporting family, so let’s ignore the fact he hasn’t managed to make it at a host of clubs, and blame Hearts and whatever manager was here at the time. It’s farcical. Was it also Hearts/Neilson’s fault that he didn’t make it at Rangers and Dundee United? What about Inverness? Did Neilson phone them up and give him a bad reference or something? Jesus Christ. 😄

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Promising with Hearts, a few years at a Premiership Academy...do I hear the word “Project”?

🤔

Not from anyone at Hearts thankfully, but there’s plenty fans who would love to get the old band back together it seems. What are McHattie and McGhee up to these days? They played well against Dumbarton and Alloa. Maybe bring Lockie back as manager too. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not from anyone at Hearts thankfully, but there’s plenty fans who would love to get the old band back together it seems. What are McHattie and McGhee up to these days? They played well against Dumbarton and Alloa. Maybe bring Lockie back as manager too. 

Yeah, I know. Although I recall Adam was thought to be a proper talent back then, hence why he got a move to an EPL club. 

Whats Jamie Ness up to now?

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah, I know. Although I recall Adam was thought to be a proper talent back then, hence why he got a move to an EPL club. 

Whats Jamie Ness up to now?

Adam might still have a chance, and if he does well at United he could still kick on. The idea that Hearts somehow mismanaged his brother and are responsible for him failing to live up to his winderkid status takes some incredible mental gymnastics however. 😄

Don’t think Ness is a local Hearts supporter, so I doubt there will be a clamour for him. Brad McKay though... 🤔

Broxburn Jambo
On 10/07/2019 at 16:12, Saughton Jambo said:

He is a smashing wee guy Kimo. Knew him from his days back when he worked at Booker cash and carry down MacDonald Road. 

Portobello

20 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

FWIW Jamie Ness has signed for Dundee. 

Another great signing Levein has let slip through his fingers. :mad: