Adam King signs for Dundee Utd ( updated )

itsnomarooned

itsnomarooned

Available on a free from Swansea (contract up?) and training with Dundee United. Possibly playing on Friday. According to a tweet. 

i wish jj was my dad

We should only be looking at better than we already have. If he isn't an upgrade we can pass. No doubt Levein will be blamed either way. 

Finlay James

Folk at Hearts will have been well aware of Kings availability so obviously don't see him as someone we should be looking at.

Guess we'll find out on Friday when he plays against us.

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

We should only be looking at better than we already have. If he isn't an upgrade we can pass. No doubt Levein will be blamed either way. 

If we finish 3rd or 4th he wont.

The whole King brothers story is a bit mad. Billy clearly showed more ability to be rewarded with first team football before Adam, but then Adam goes to then Premier League Swansea for money, and now Billy has been binned from Dundee United while Adam goes there on trial.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

The whole King brothers story is a bit mad. Billy clearly showed more ability to be rewarded with first team football before Adam, but then Adam goes to then Premier League Swansea for money, and now Billy has been binned from Dundee United while Adam goes there on trial.

2 wee brothers i believe who are footballers too 

Their dads name is Joe King 

And I'm no Joking 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

And I'm no Joking 

The youngest was meant to be the best of all four but none seem to have made it. Shame really. Iirc, Adam was showing big potential but Locke wouldn't play him so got hacked off and got the move to Swansea. 

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Another thread, another mention of Levein being blamed for **** all reason. 

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Where's Billy King playing these days?

Was loaned to Gillingham from Dundee Utd in January but now been released. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I always thought it was more that Adam was the better prospect but Billy was older and got a chance first

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Was loaned to Gillingham from Dundee Utd in January but now been released. 

Curious where he'll end up – my guess is a Morton or a Partick.

Another couple added to the list of promising young stars to come out of Scotland that just dont seem to realise their potential. 

And I'm no Joking 

The name he was christened with is George. He’s been called wee joe since school though 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The name he was christened with is George. He’s been called wee joe since school though 

Lovely guy did some work in his house a few years back made me french toast with beans

It was incredible 👌

51 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The youngest was meant to be the best of all four but none seem to have made it. Shame really. Iirc, Adam was showing big potential but Locke wouldn't play him so got hacked off and got the move to Swansea. 

Think we picked up 50k for Adam Pre Admin which helped us out with debts. 

Mr Brightside

Think it was closer to £200k and it was after admin. Allowed us to bring in Paul Mcallum.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Another thread, another mention of Levein being blamed for **** all reason. 

Do you remember what you said on the Haring thread?

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Do you remember what you said on the Haring thread?

Yes, as that’s relevant to the injury.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Lovely guy did some work in his house a few years back made me french toast with beans

It was incredible 👌

He is a smashing wee guy Kimo. Knew him from his days back when he worked at Booker cash and carry down MacDonald Road. 

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He is a smashing wee guy Kimo. Knew him from his days back when he worked at Booker cash and carry down MacDonald Road. 

I mind he had full bottles of beer hanging from string from a tree in his back garden at Craigentinny 

Genius 👍

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Think it was closer to £200k and it was after admin. Allowed us to bring in Paul Mcallum.

Did We not de-register Combe as a player to open up a space for Skacel but the league insisted we only brought in a youth so we then got Mccallum?

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes, as that’s relevant to the injury.

And no.matter what happens with Adam K it will be his fault. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Aye we got dosh for him via that academy ruling but lost out on potentially a good player for us. 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I always thought it was more that Adam was the better prospect but Billy was older and got a chance first

Indeed. Mad stuff. 

Find the whole situation frustrating, Billy was my pick of the bunch, always found him to be a much more exciting player to watch of the wingers that came through around that time - Walker, Nicholson & Smith. Annoys me that we binned him. We've been crying out for a player who can get on the ball and make things happen. Can't help but feel it was a harsh call to get rid.

Adam King also frustrates me. He shouldn't have been sold - I think its done his long term career massive damage. He was heavily quoted as a youth as a lad that was going to make it. I vaguely recall a lot folk on here talking about Adam being the one to watch. I know we didn't have much of a choice but its a sore one to see where he is, to where he should be (IMO). 

He went to Wales and loaned out in England and unfortunately failed the grade - a move back to a smaller team such as Dundee Utd may indeed reignite his career - a return to Tynecastle at this stage would make no sense

32 minutes ago, OTT said:

Find the whole situation frustrating, Billy was my pick of the bunch, always found him to be a much more exciting player to watch of the wingers that came through around that time - Walker, Nicholson & Smith. Annoys me that we binned him. We've been crying out for a player who can get on the ball and make things happen. Can't help but feel it was a harsh call to get rid.

Adam King also frustrates me. He shouldn't have been sold - I think its done his long term career massive damage. He was heavily quoted as a youth as a lad that was going to make it. I vaguely recall a lot folk on here talking about Adam being the one to watch. I know we didn't have much of a choice but its a sore one to see where he is, to where he should be (IMO). 

Adam shouldn’t have been sold but we didn’t have much choice?!? 

I liked Billy but, like his brother, he has done nothing since leaving us which suggests it was a mistake letting him go. Shit happens. 

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Adam shouldn’t have been sold but we didn’t have much choice?!? 

I liked Billy but, like his brother, he has done nothing since leaving us which suggests it was a mistake letting him go. Shit happens. 

I know what your saying, I just don't feel like he wasn't good enough to play for us (Like Scott Robinson, or Gordon Smith). He offered a lot, but for whatever reason it didn't work out. Just disappointed.

I did point out in my post that we didn't really have much choice RE Adam, a real shame tbh, would have loved to have seen how he turned out alongside the rest of them (Paterson, Walker etc.). He was a CM that could play RB iirc? 

21 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Surely during admin? All this happened in January 2014, didn't we exit admin closer to summer 2014?

Mr Brightside
27 minutes ago, Locky said:

Surely during admin? All this happened in January 2014, didn't we exit admin closer to summer 2014?

Yes, he was sold when we were in admin. My response was to a post that said he was sold pre admin. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Yes, he was sold when we were in admin. My response was to a post that said he was sold pre admin. 

I get it now. Apologies.

One of our management and coaching team referred to Billy as potentially the best of the young players at our club, but he had to believe in himself. He was given chances but just never kicked on. He clearly has talent, and I share the frustration that it never happened for him. Hopefully he kicks on again and gets back to a good level.

Adam, I honestly couldn’t tell you. Never seen him play.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

According to the Scotsman Adam King  is signing for Dundee Utd today.

Good luck to him. I wish him all the best and genuinely hope he kicks on. Hope he sees his new team beaten tomorrow, before storming the Championship and enjoying a good career.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good luck to him. I wish him all the best and genuinely hope he kicks on. Hope he sees his new team beaten tomorrow, before storming the Championship and enjoying a good career.

Hopefully.

Inch Hearts
20 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And no.matter what happens with Adam K it will be his fault. 

Well it didn’t seem to happen on this thread.  

Inch Hearts
43 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

One of our management and coaching team referred to Billy as potentially the best of the young players at our club, but he had to believe in himself. He was given chances but just never kicked on. He clearly has talent, and I share the frustration that it never happened for him. Hopefully he kicks on again and gets back to a good level.

Adam, I honestly couldn’t tell you. Never seen him play.

Billy was shit hot in the championship year at times! He looked a world beater. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Aye against the likes of alloa , cowdenbeath, dumbarton and queen of the south etc

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Aye against the likes of alloa , cowdenbeath, dumbarton and queen of the south etc

Dont forget THE Rangers & the hobos

25 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I agree. He just never kicked on though.

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes but he had to start somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes but he had to start somewhere. 

He was given a chance at Hearts, then Rangers, then Inverness, and I think a couple of other clubs in between. Sometimes it’s not the club, it’s the player. He is still young enough to turn it around though, and I really hope he does. It’s not his lack of skill on the ball clearly.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He was given a chance at Hearts, then Rangers, then Inverness, and I think a couple of other clubs in between. Sometimes it’s not the club, it’s the player. He is still young enough to turn it around though, and I really hope he does. It’s not his lack of skill on the ball clearly.

Defo’ he should never have joined the huns.  Falkirk would be a good place to start I think. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Defo’ he should never have joined the huns.  Falkirk would be a good place to start I think. 

Seems a good fit.