Mauricio Pinilla

Scottish clubs in Europe 19/20

The Frenchman Returns
15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nah I'm sticking with Celtic getting on really well with Lazio

Lazio play AC Milan in the Italian Cup on Wednesday.

I’m off to get my euromillions ticket 

tian447
18 hours ago, Boab said:

No, not in group stage or last 32 if they got through. Could if they both got to last 16.

I sort of hope it happens. 

Of course, I want them shagged rotten in every single game, but if they both went through and got drawn against each other, it would be car crash stuff.  Imagine an evening kick-off, with all the UEFA sponsorship and press coverage, and the World watching their sectarian bollocks.

They'd get thrown out of Europe for years, and both their international reputations would be skooshed up the wall faster than you can say "Hullo, Hullo"!

The Continental Op
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

A sold out Ibrox at a generous £35 a ticket is £1.7M.

Then all the rest of the hospitality/food cash that goes with that taking it up to probably about £2M + for each home game?

TV money - couple of £100K

Match sponsors ???  000K?

income is not profit.

Mikey1874

Footballfirst
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

A sold out Ibrox at a generous £35 a ticket is £1.7M.

Then all the rest of the hospitality/food cash that goes with that taking it up to probably about £2M + for each home game?

TV money - couple of £100K

Match sponsors ???  000K?

Clubs' revenue is always given net of VAT.

Rangers only charged adults £25 for the last qualifier against Legia.

Even with an increase averaging out for adults/concessions to £30, the revenue figure would be £25 a ticket.  147k tickets for the three group games would earn them £3.625m, plus catering.

Advertising and sponsorship is based on UEFA's deals, rather than the clubs.

The distribution to Rangers for this season will be:

First EL qualifying round: €240,000

Second EL qualifying round: €260,000

Third EL qualifying round: €280,000

Reaching the EL group stage €2,920,000.

A victory in the EL group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000.

The TV market pool payment will depend on the share allocated to Scotland, but is unlikely to be much more than €250,000 for the group stages.

Celtic will earn a little more from the CL qualifying games, but from the EL group stages onwards it will be the same as Rangers.  There will be further payments should either club reach the knock out stage.

First CL qualifying round: €280,000

Second CL qualifying round: €380,000

Third CL qualifying round: €480,000

Edited by Footballfirst

Mikey1874

Barack
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic play us on the 2nd of November. Us, then Lazio.

Lovecraft
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Clubs' revenue is always given net of VAT.

Rangers only charged adults £25 for the last qualifier against Legia.

Even with an increase averaging out for adults/concessions to £30, the revenue figure would be £25 a ticket.  147k tickets for the three group games would earn them £3.625m, plus catering.

Advertising and sponsorship is based on UEFA's deals, rather than the clubs.

The distribution to Rangers for this season will be:

First EL qualifying round: €240,000

Second EL qualifying round: €260,000

Third EL qualifying round: €280,000

The TV market pool payment will depend on the share allocated to Scotland, but is unlikely to be much more than €250,000 for the group stages.

Celtic will earn a little more from the CL qualifying games, but from the EL group stages onwards it will be the same as Rangers.  There will be further payments should either club reach the knock out stage.

First CL qualifying round: €280,000

Second CL qualifying round: €380,000

Third CL qualifying round: €480,000

Fair enough.  

I was doing fag packet maths though.  😉

So probably about 5/6 ish.

Still not to be sniffed at, and it's most definitely what is keeping the lights on an Ibrox.

I will add that they charged £41 for group games last year.   £31 for concessions.   Can't see them reducing it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/europa-league-single-match-tickets/

Edited by Lovecraft

ToqueJambo

Really jealous of the OF looking at those EL groups. We have to target the EL group stages and when we next get into Europe plan signings and budget accordingly. I'd be fine with some FoH money being used for higher level signings one season to try to get to the group stages. The excitement and income generated would be worth it.

VALDOS'
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Really jealous of the OF looking at those EL groups. We have to target the EL group stages and when we next get into Europe plan signings and budget accordingly. I'd be fine with some FoH money being used for higher level signings one season to try to get to the group stages. The excitement and income generated would be worth it.

Said this back in the summer, I would trade all those Diddy cup group games for even one round of Europe, far more exciting. 

Edited by VALDOS'

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have to get on Celtic and Rangers' level to make the Europa League Group Stage and that's not happening any time soon unfortunately.

ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to get on Celtic and Rangers' level to make the Europa League Group Stage and that's not happening any time soon unfortunately.

We don't need to be anywhere near their level. Getting the squad sorted and fit in time for the qualifying rounds and hoping for a decent draw is all it should take for us. The teams they faced in qualifying are beatable. We've beaten much better teams in Europe in the past.

Arthur Morgan
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't need to be anywhere near their level. Getting the squad sorted and fit in time for the qualifying rounds and hoping for a decent draw is all it should take for us. The teams they faced in qualifying are beatable. We've beaten much better teams in Europe in the past.

Well look at Aberdeen, 6 attempts and they have never made it past qualifying round 3. We aren't much better than them really, if at all (although imo we do have a better squad now). 

Edited by Arthur Morgan