• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Boab

Again, guys, teams from the same country can’t be drawn in the Group Stage or the last 32 stage after the groups. 

Only at the last 16 stage can they be drawn together.

Pay attention at the back !!!

Was really hoping at least one of the bigots would go out last night but, looking at the latest rankings, we are very close to getting an extra team in Europe and 2 in the CL qualifiers. Maybe a silver lining if we can get our act together in the next 18 months

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Was really hoping at least one of the bigots would go out last night but, looking at the latest rankings, we are very close to getting an extra team in Europe and 2 in the CL qualifiers. Maybe a silver lining if we can get our act together in the next 18 months

I'll always support Scottish teams in Europe for the simple reason that their progress is good for Hearts.

The Scottish country coefficient is on the rise, which means more chances for more European places for the league.

Also, if the uglies are battling it out in Europe,  then that has got to affect their performances in the league, which can only be good for the rest.

Forever Hearts

I don't mind the Old Firm progressing to the group stages of the Europa League, it's the Champions League money I don't want them getting their hands on. That just makes our league a bigger farce than it already is. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Better take advantage of it for next year then, hadn't we...

Yep, better make sure we finish 3rd. 😬

1 hour ago, sim said:

I'll always support Scottish teams in Europe for the simple reason that their progress is good for Hearts.

The Scottish country coefficient is on the rise, which means more chances for more European places for the league.

Also, if the uglies are battling it out in Europe,  then that has got to affect their performances in the league, which can only be good for the rest.

No, because that extra money means they can hoover up all the SPL players for **** all to play in the league games while they build another squad for Europe.

Plus we are a country mile away from qualifying for Europe.

Edited by Lovecraft

Yip, the countries ahead of us to the point of getting another CL place have 5 teams in the CL and EL. 3 CL places and 2 EL places. If the CL teams take a pumping, which is pretty possible, and the EL teams fail, there is a good chance Scotland could be near that extra place even as early as this season.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No, because that extra money means they can hoover up all the SPL players for **** all to play in the league games while they build another squad for Europe.

Plus we are a country mile away from qualifying for Europe.

See above, mate. 

We could be in a much better place 2, or even 3 seasons from now.

Think big !

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

See above, mate. 

We could be in a much better place 2, or even 3 seasons from now.

Think big !

I agree, but the OF progressing in Europe doesn't really help anyone but the OF.

If we were good enough we should be beating the sides in the earlier Euro competitions anyway.  Like Celtic and Rangers do. 

Having the co-efficient skipping a round or 2 doesn't really matter.   Look at Aberdeen.  They struggle as soon as the go into Europe?  Why?  Because they are not good enough.

As for Killie............

Our teams skipping a round just means whomever qualified for Europa gets pumped out a round later and they get a longer holiday/pre-season.

A strong team should be beating other "minor" European clubs.

Again, like the OF do.

It would probably end up costing the other Scottish teams money as they would miss out on an earlier qualifying game that they could win.

1 gate receipt down, even if it wasn't full.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324014

Aberdeen failed to get past the Europa League third qualifying round for the sixth consecutive season after an abject defeat at the hands of Rijeka

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I agree, but the OF progressing in Europe doesn't really help anyone but the OF.

If we were good enough we should be beating the sides in the earlier Euro competitions anyway.  Like Celtic and Rangers do. 

Having the co-efficient skipping a round or 2 doesn't really matter.   Look at Aberdeen.  They struggle as soon as the go into Europe?  Why?  Because they are not good enough.

As for Killie............

Our teams skipping a round just means whomever qualified for Europa gets pumped out a round later and they get a longer holiday/pre-season.

A strong team should be beating other "minor" European clubs.

Again, like the OF do.

It’s tough for Scottish teams, I can’t disagree with that, but I would rather play in those competitions rather than ***** about in the LC groups in July.

It’s pretty depressing.

Will Scottish teams outside the OF ever get back to doing well in Europe ? It doesn’t look like it right now but the more places gives us a chance to at least try and improve a pretty desperate record the last few years.

As regards the financial benefit to the OF, we are always going to be behind, regardless of any Euro success they may have.

They have close to 100k ST holders between them, with combined waiting lists twice what we have as actual ST holders.

Huge gaps, and that’s before even getting to Euro competition.

It’s tough....and getting tougher.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

It’s tough for Scottish teams, I can’t disagree with that, but I would rather play in those competitions rather than ***** about in the LC groups in July.

It’s pretty depressing.

Will Scottish teams outside the OF ever get back to doing well in Europe ? It doesn’t look like it right now but the more places gives us a chance to at least try and improve a pretty desperate record the last few years.

As regards the financial benefit to the OF, we are always going to be behind, regardless of any Euro success they may have.

They have close to 100k ST holders between them, with combined waiting lists twice what we have as actual ST holders.

Huge gaps, and that’s before even getting to Euro competition.

It’s tough....and getting tougher.

Completely agree, but we should be there on our own merit.

The OF failing in Europe helps the Scottish game until the other teams step up in those games.

Rangers qualifying last night gets them at least £10M.   They can now buy more Jake Hasties.  Maybe an Aaron Hickey?

Sexton Hardcastle
14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Completely agree, but we should be there on our own merit.

The OF failing in Europe helps the Scottish game until the other teams step up in those games.

Rangers qualifying last night gets them at least £10M.   They can now buy more Jake Hasties.  Maybe an Aaron Hickey?

10 million?

Is it not more like 2.5 for being in the group stage and a half million per win. Don’t see ticket sales brining in another 7 million!

Rangers won’t get out of the groups as will be due potentially 2 or 3 huge clubs.

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

10 million?

Is it not more like 2.5 for being in the group stage and a half million per win. Don’t see ticket sales brining in another 7 million!

Rangers won’t get out of the groups as will be due potentially 2 or 3 huge clubs.

A sold out Ibrox at a generous £35 a ticket is £1.7M.

Then all the rest of the hospitality/food cash that goes with that taking it up to probably about £2M + for each home game?

TV money - couple of £100K

Match sponsors ???  000K?

3 minutes ago, farin said:

It’s probably less than ½ of that tbh. 

It's not included with their season ticket is it?

Just checked and their home Europa tickets are £41.

Minus concessions etc let's say £30 average.  Which I think is too low.

That's £1.5M per game before any other matchday income.

Excluding any high priced hospitality packages they will sell.

Edited by Lovecraft

Tenaciousdandy
21 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Just checked and their home Europa tickets are £41.

Minus concessions etc let's say £30 average.  Which I think is too low.

That's £1.5M per game before any other matchday income.

Excluding any high priced hospitality packages they will sell.

Here's hoping they have to play at least one game behind closed doors then 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Here's hoping they have to play at least one game behind closed doors then 

They won't. They are to receive the same punishment as last night in one of the group games, 3,000 empty seats. 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They won't. They are to receive the same punishment as last night in one of the group games, 3,000 empty seats. 

Tbf, there's still the Mdjittyland (sp.) match to take into account.

Edited by ...a bit disco

August Landmesser

Malmo in a group with Copenhagen, as close to a derby as you can get in EL groups

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yeah that's for the sanction for the Legia away game, they are still to get punished for the Midtjylland game, and will more than likely get pulled up for last night also, plus do you really think they will behave themselves in the group stages games?

Tough groups for both the Glasgow clubs

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That went well I would say. Pity no trips to the back of beyond, but plenty to keep them occupied on Thursday nights

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Imagine Cluj knock Celtic out UEFA too.

:jjyay:

Just winding a Celtic supporting customer up about that just now lol

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Rangers get Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord

Out in the group's again imo. Can't see past Feyenoord or Porto

Shanks said no
15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nah I'm sticking with Celtic getting on really well with Lazio

Lazio play AC Milan in the Italian Cup on Wednesday.

I’m off to get my euromillions ticket 

18 hours ago, Boab said:

No, not in group stage or last 32 if they got through. Could if they both got to last 16.

I sort of hope it happens. 

Of course, I want them shagged rotten in every single game, but if they both went through and got drawn against each other, it would be car crash stuff.  Imagine an evening kick-off, with all the UEFA sponsorship and press coverage, and the World watching their sectarian bollocks.

They'd get thrown out of Europe for years, and both their international reputations would be skooshed up the wall faster than you can say "Hullo, Hullo"!

The Continental Op
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Then all the rest of the hospitality/food cash that goes with that taking it up to probably about £2M + for each home game?

income is not profit.

Footballfirst
6 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Clubs' revenue is always given net of VAT.

Rangers only charged adults £25 for the last qualifier against Legia.

Even with an increase averaging out for adults/concessions to £30, the revenue figure would be £25 a ticket.  147k tickets for the three group games would earn them £3.625m, plus catering.

Advertising and sponsorship is based on UEFA's deals, rather than the clubs.

The distribution to Rangers for this season will be:

First EL qualifying round: €240,000

Second EL qualifying round: €260,000

Third EL qualifying round: €280,000

Reaching the EL group stage €2,920,000.

A victory in the EL group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000.

The TV market pool payment will depend on the share allocated to Scotland, but is unlikely to be much more than €250,000 for the group stages.

Celtic will earn a little more from the CL qualifying games, but from the EL group stages onwards it will be the same as Rangers.  There will be further payments should either club reach the knock out stage.

First CL qualifying round: €280,000

Second CL qualifying round: €380,000

Third CL qualifying round: €480,000

Edited by Footballfirst

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Clubs' revenue is always given net of VAT.

Rangers only charged adults £25 for the last qualifier against Legia.

Even with an increase averaging out for adults/concessions to £30, the revenue figure would be £25 a ticket.  147k tickets for the three group games would earn them £3.625m, plus catering.

Advertising and sponsorship is based on UEFA's deals, rather than the clubs.

The distribution to Rangers for this season will be:

First EL qualifying round: €240,000

Second EL qualifying round: €260,000

Third EL qualifying round: €280,000

The TV market pool payment will depend on the share allocated to Scotland, but is unlikely to be much more than €250,000 for the group stages.

Celtic will earn a little more from the CL qualifying games, but from the EL group stages onwards it will be the same as Rangers.  There will be further payments should either club reach the knock out stage.

First CL qualifying round: €280,000

Second CL qualifying round: €380,000

Third CL qualifying round: €480,000

Fair enough.  

I was doing fag packet maths though.  😉

So probably about 5/6 ish.

Still not to be sniffed at, and it's most definitely what is keeping the lights on an Ibrox.

I will add that they charged £41 for group games last year.   £31 for concessions.   Can't see them reducing it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/europa-league-single-match-tickets/

Edited by Lovecraft

Guest ToqueJambo

Really jealous of the OF looking at those EL groups. We have to target the EL group stages and when we next get into Europe plan signings and budget accordingly. I'd be fine with some FoH money being used for higher level signings one season to try to get to the group stages. The excitement and income generated would be worth it.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Really jealous of the OF looking at those EL groups. We have to target the EL group stages and when we next get into Europe plan signings and budget accordingly. I'd be fine with some FoH money being used for higher level signings one season to try to get to the group stages. The excitement and income generated would be worth it.

Said this back in the summer, I would trade all those Diddy cup group games for even one round of Europe, far more exciting. 

Edited by VALDOS'

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have to get on Celtic and Rangers' level to make the Europa League Group Stage and that's not happening any time soon unfortunately.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to get on Celtic and Rangers' level to make the Europa League Group Stage and that's not happening any time soon unfortunately.

We don't need to be anywhere near their level. Getting the squad sorted and fit in time for the qualifying rounds and hoping for a decent draw is all it should take for us. The teams they faced in qualifying are beatable. We've beaten much better teams in Europe in the past.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't need to be anywhere near their level. Getting the squad sorted and fit in time for the qualifying rounds and hoping for a decent draw is all it should take for us. The teams they faced in qualifying are beatable. We've beaten much better teams in Europe in the past.

Well look at Aberdeen, 6 attempts and they have never made it past qualifying round 3. We aren't much better than them really, if at all (although imo we do have a better squad now). 

Edited by Arthur Morgan