Scottish clubs in Europe 19/20

The Internet

NaturalOrder74

That’s Aberdeen looking ruthless we’re in bother if there’s not been a serious boot After the east fife game 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Boab

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's proof of what can happen if you give a player time. 

I think it’s more to do with playing to his strengths.

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

That’s Aberdeen looking ruthless we’re in bother if there’s not been a serious boot After the east fife game 

They scored a few decent goals but that teams keeper and their defence were all over the place. I hope Halkett, Berra and Souttar would prevent most of these types of goals from happening. I'm not panicking over tonight's game.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it’s more to do with playing to his strengths.

Up until the Hibs league cup quarter final last year Cosgrove was god awful. He got hooked at half time in that game and I seriously thought I'd never see him play for Aberdeen again. He obviously got the message and sorted his game out as he's been on some run since September 2018.

IveSeenTheLight
40 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:
Cracking win from the Dons. Hopefully a kind draw in the next round. 

‘We have already been drawn against Rijeka next week.

we should find out (along with SevCo) which of the following we would be up against in QR4 (if we were to go through)

teams from:-

PSV Eindhoven @2         Ned  37.000              
Sparta Praha *3          Cze  35.500              
Viktoria Plzen @2        Cze  33.000              
Sporting Braga *3        Por  31.000              
AA Gent **               Bel  29.500              
Legia Warsaw *           Pol  24.500              
Eintracht Frankfurt **   Ger  24.000              
FCSB *                   Rom  23.000              
Feyenoord *3             Ned  22.000              
Espanyol **              Esp  20.713              
Malmö FF *               Swe  20.000              
Partizan Belgrade **     Srb  18.000              
Wolverhampton Wanderers**Eng  17.092

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘We have already been drawn against Rijeka next week.

we should find out (along with SevCo) which of the following we would be up against in QR4 (if we were to go through)

teams from:-

That's a dull one.

Really hard to get to the group stages for unseeded teams, although seem teams you would have half a chance against.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Up until the Hibs league cup quarter final last year Cosgrove was god awful. He got hooked at half time in that game and I seriously thought I'd never see him play for Aberdeen again. He obviously got the message and sorted his game out as he's been on some run since September 2018.

Definitely, he was awful against us at Tynecastle and should’ve been off. He had only scored a few goals before they signed him so credit where it’s due to him and his coaches.

A lot of gushing over Aberdeen on this thread. :lol:

So far, with the draw everyone's had, everyone bar Killie has achieved expectations. This is where it gets tough though. Rijeka will want revenge on Aberdeen, Midtjylland will be a very stern test for Rangers, and Cluj could also be very tricky for Celtic.

Also, should Rangers and/or Aberdeen progress to the playoff round, both will be unseeded so there's a high chance they'll have an even tougher draw, with some real heavyweights going in at that point.

Rangers fans are probably kidding themselves on if they think they can make the groups again. I think the draws they got last year were very fortunate.

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

A lot of gushing over Aberdeen on this thread. :lol:

So far, with the draw everyone's had, everyone bar Killie has achieved expectations. This is where it gets tough though. Rijeka will want revenge on Aberdeen, Midtjylland will be a very stern test for Rangers, and Cluj could also be very tricky for Celtic.

Also, should Rangers and/or Aberdeen progress to the playoff round, both will be unseeded so there's a high chance they'll have an even tougher draw, with some real heavyweights going in at that point.

Rangers fans are probably kidding themselves on if they think they can make the groups again. I think the draws they got last year were very fortunate.

Absolutely, we’ve achieved what we should have in Europe this season.

No embarrassment from us.

By seedlings, we should be knocked out this coming round, but I think we will give ourselves a chance against Rijeka.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Absolutely, we’ve achieved what we should have in Europe this season.

No embarrassment from us.

By seedlings, we should be knocked out this coming round, but I think we will give ourselves a chance against Rijeka.

Admittedly, I have no idea how the co-efficient really works in regards to the specifics, but Serbia who are marginally ahead of us, only have 2 teams remaining in Europe so I'm quite positive about that.

One team got humped in the first round by a team from Estonia, Cukaricki lost in the 2nd round, only Partizan remain in the Europa and Red Star in the CL. From what I can see based on this years seedings, the only difference from being in Serbia's position is the team who finish 2nd (Partizan) went into the 2nd round rather than the first. It's something at least.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Admittedly, I have no idea how the co-efficient really works in regards to the specifics, but Serbia who are marginally ahead of us, only have 2 teams remaining in Europe so I'm quite positive about that.

One team got humped in the first round by a team from Estonia, Cukaricki lost in the 2nd round, only Partizan remain in the Europa and Red Star in the CL. From what I can see based on this years seedings, the only difference from being in Serbia's position is the team who finish 2nd (Partizan) went into the 2nd round rather than the first. It's something at least.

Who’s Playing Serbians?

we are to play a Croatian team, SevCo have a Danish team whilst Celtic go to Romania.

id love to get Partizan in  the next round though (if we made it). We’ll find out on Monday who the next opponents could be.

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Who’s Playing Serbians?

we are to play a Croatian team, SevCo have a Danish team whilst Celtic go to Romania.

id love to get Partizan in  the next round though (if we made it). We’ll find out on Monday who the next opponents could be.

Partizan are playing some Turkish outfit in the Europa, Malatayaspor I think. Red Star play Copenhagen in the CL. Poland are only a few places ahead of us too and already, only 1 of 4 clubs in Europe remain for them.As it stands, Scotland are the best nation in Europe so far based on results, but of course after the qualifying, the co-efficient points earned are much higher, so that'll drastically change. So far so good for the qualifying rounds though.

The winner of Partizan will be seeded so there's a chance you lads could get them.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

The winner of Partizan will be seeded so there's a chance you lads could get them.

Yesh, said earlier these are the teams we could draw.

we’ll find out on Monday, but maybe get a flavour today of the three sub groups.

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yesh, said earlier these are the teams we could draw.

we’ll find out on Monday, but maybe get a flavour today of the three sub groups.

Would be good for us if a Scottish team draws Legia and knocks them out.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Locky said:

Would be good for us if a Scottish team draws Legia and knocks them out.

Hmmmmmmm, only if it’s us.

If it’s SevCo, then let’s hope Legia would win.

Of course, it could be a moot point if FC Midtjylland knock them out this coming round.

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hmmmmmmm, only if it’s us.

If it’s SevCo, then let’s hope Legia would win.

Of course, it could be a moot point if FC Midtjylland knock them out this coming round.

I think there's a good chance to be honest.

Listening to Sportsound. As soon as Cluj scored Pat Bonnar was claiming offside and pointing out that the officials are from across the border in Serbia. Had to furiously backtrack when he realised replays suggested it was legit. 

He really is a Sellick man, true and true. Cannot stand the man. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Listening to Sportsound. As soon as Cluj scored Pat Bonnar was claiming offside and pointing out that the officials are from across the border in Serbia. Had to furiously backtrack when he realised replays suggested it was legit. 

He really is a Sellick man, true and true. Cannot stand the man. 

An arsehole !

Games like these are a great example of how much help Celtic (and Sevco) get from Scottish refs.

Christie, Morgan, Forrest and Eduard have all hit the deck expecting an easy free kick only to be told to get to their feet. They are still getting their usual luck with a sclaffed goal mind you

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

An arsehole !

He's away again. Just described how Dan Petrescu walked all the way to the tunnel with the ref and was whispering in his ear. Bonnar is now expecting some dodgy 2nd half calls against Sellick. 

I hope he's right but the paranoia is off the charts. 

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Games like these are a great example of how much help Celtic (and Sevco) get from Scottish refs.

Christie, Morgan, Forrest and Eduard have all hit the deck expecting an easy free kick only to be told to get to their feet. They are still getting their usual luck with a sclaffed goal mind you

They certainly are. Always a pleasure to see them having to deal with balanced refereeing. Gives them a glimmer, just a glimmer mind, how we feel. 

annushorribilis III
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Looks a lovely spot for a stadium for sheep game. Just kicked off.

I,m watching the Sevco match. God, this Danish team is poor. 

chester copperpot

Did this mob not beat Rangers a few years ago, or am I getting confused. Might have been another Scottish team though?

Away up in Gorgie

As expected Gerrard putting together a good Rangers side. The opportunity that existed when we won promotion ahead of them has been well and truly blown. 

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

As expected Gerrard putting together a good Rangers side. The opportunity that existed when we won promotion ahead of them has been well and truly blown. 

He isn't finished in the transfer market either.

I think it could be close between the horrors this year. Gerrard > Popcorn teeth 

18 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

What are you on about ?

What opportunity is this you mention ?

They have been getting monies from somewhere and spending it..at first poorly but more recently a lot more wisely

It's not rocket science ..its spending power and dreaming of imaginary missed opportunities will not change that

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What are you on about ?

What opportunity is this you mention ?

They have been getting monies from somewhere and spending it..at first poorly but more recently a lot more wisely

It's not rocket science ..its spending power and dreaming of imaginary missed opportunities will not change that

Also helps when you have a hungry manager that has a clue what he’s doing. 

3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Also helps when you have a hungry manager that has a clue what he’s doing. 

Just another post to put the boot into the current manager...…….of course our current manager was not in place at the time but you keep up the good work

Sad but some just keep on and on and on and on and …………………….

Just now, CJGJ said:

Just another post to put the boot into the current manager...…….of course our current manager was not in place at the time but you keep up the good work

Spot on. It's tedious these people with clear anti-Levein/Budge agendas. Don't know how lucky we are. 

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Spot on. It's tedious these people with clear anti-Levein/Budge agendas. Don't know how lucky we are. 

Or an anti Hearts agenda.

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I don’t care if it sounds like it’s putting the boot in. I read on hear how Gerrard would fail as a manager blah blah from the very same people that support the busted flush that is Levein. Until he’s gone we will have a huge split in the support. That’s the reality brought on by them appointing him in the first place, after their month long search, aye right :rofl: