Scottish clubs in Europe 19/20

The Internet

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Killie will be nowhere this season, seriously limited team who lucked into an exceptional manager.. 7th at best

Aye Stevie boy left a great super team there, media wont be slavering all over them now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Boab

Bazzas right boot

Anybody but Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen and the if in Europe always ends up a shocker 

We and these teams have had bad results but we also get a few decent results  thrown in. 

I remember St Johnstone beating rosenberg as well. 

The maltease team, although shite had International players and even on the day we hit the bar twice and missed a pk, they performed a smash in grab, it happens. It was also the second round. 

Killie, Motherwell, Falkirk, ict I'm sure QoS as well at one point are just an embarrassing beyond belief. 

Killie, 3/4 empty stadium, plastic pitch, emptied by a Welsh side. It's as tinpot as it gets. 

Dumbarton beat them last season...., Dumbarton. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Anybody but Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen and the if in Europe always ends up a shocker 

We and these teams have had bad results but we also get a few decent results  thrown in. 

I remember St Johnstone beating rosenberg as well. 

The maltease team, although shite had International players and even on the day we hit the bar twice and missed a pk, they performed a smash in grab, it happens. It was also the second round. 

Killie, Motherwell, Falkirk, ict I'm sure QoS as well at one point are just an embarrassing beyond belief. 

Killie, 3/4 empty stadium, plastic pitch, emptied by a Welsh side. It's as tinpot as it gets. 

Dumbarton beat them last season...., Dumbarton. 

Cant seem to find their crowd on BBC sport, any idea what it was Olly.

Phil Dunphy
8 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Peace, wee Baws. 

Cry me a river mate. 

You stopped crying at the bad men on the internet yet? :( 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Just seen the video above, empty stands. 🙄

Can't find it either. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

9,000 was quoted by a Killie fan. Looking at the video might be right. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah its worse.  Noticed Hadjik Split go emptied tonight by an even worse Maltese team.  Maybe the standard in that country isn't that bad.

Maybe we shouldn’t have moaned as much at Neilson then 🥶

oh ah grantona

The thing is killie out isn't really going to cost the Coeff much as Partizan would have beat them anyway so we are down 0.25 than what we should have been. 

For next season we are slightly better in terms of European Coeff standings we will be ranked 16th this season we were 20th (think it just means round 2 entry for top Europa team) 

For season 21/22 Europe entrants we would need a similar performance from the 3 left to move up to 15th which carries a 2nd CL qualifier 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Killie manager moaning about the Welsh fouling and basically being robust.

Killie will get slaughtered this season if he doesn’t set the team up to deal with hard play.

And folk thought this guy was a coup....

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6 of the Nomads team are at work today, having got back at 5am this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49040717

If I was a Killie fan I would be saying most of Rugby Park squad and the manager should be looking for a job this morning.

Good luck to them. The welsh team that is.

Edited by Turkishcap
Being clear!

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 hours ago, Martin_T said:

The most worrying thing is that our national team manager thinks several of these players are good enough to play for Scotland.

Annoyingly he is probably right. Brophy must be sending shock waves throughout our opponents! 🙂

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Killie will get slaughtered this season if he doesn’t set the team up to deal with hard play.

From what I saw the ref did okay. He gave fouls and dished out bookings. Mainly the Nomads defended well, squeezing the space. 

He might be more unhappy when they play Hamilton soon. 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

A coo couldnt have coached them any worse.

Potentially a tough gig awaiting Celtic in the next round in FC Cluj. Frequent Romanian champions these days despite being a tiny club. Handsomely funded by a wealthy owner. 

Could be interesting. 

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Potentially a tough gig awaiting Celtic in the next round in FC Cluj. Frequent Romanian champions these days despite being a tiny club. Handsomely funded by a wealthy owner. 

Could be interesting. 

That another Maroon team Paulo Sergio managed?

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

For a year after he left Hearts. Got to Europa League group stage. 

Dallas Green
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

For a year after he left Hearts. Got to Europa League group stage. 

Just looked that up. See he is managing in Saudi now.

On 18/07/2019 at 22:56, sadj said:

We’ve had some arsehole draws in Europe early doors before the Europa League etc

Red Star has to be the standout. We were drawn against them in the CWC preliminary round in 1996, when we were supposed to be the seeded team. Red Star had won the European Cup 5 years previously. We went out on away goals.

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Aye. I think Cluj won at Old Trafford in his time but he was otherwise unsuccessful. 

They've won 5 Romanian titles in the last decade or so. Good going up against Steaua (sp) and Rapid Bucharest. Their benefactor hates paying transfer fees but instead ploughs his dough into the wage bill. They've attracted some pretty high profile, out of contract, players over the years from home and abroad and the policy has served them well.

If they get past the Tel Aviv club they'll give Celtic a lot of problems. Assuming the hooped d's also get through. 

Jambo in Yorkshire

Rangers got lucky again in the draw, they were unseeded and got the 4th seeds from the 5 options.

Dodged Wolves, Gent and Legia Warsaw.

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye. I think Cluj won at Old Trafford in his time but he was otherwise unsuccessful. 

They've won 5 Romanian titles in the last decade or so. Good going up against Steaua (sp) and Rapid Bucharest. Their benefactor hates paying transfer fees but instead ploughs his dough into the wage bill. They've attracted some pretty high profile, out of contract, players over the years from home and abroad and the policy has served them well.

If they get past the Tel Aviv club they'll give Celtic a lot of problems. Assuming the hooped d's also get through. 

They did.....i was in hospitality that night and missed my train

back to Liverpool where I was working for the week...?great night though lol

Edited by GYL

heartmussel

Watching it at the moment Aberdeen very physical McInnes already been spoken to by ref and Ash Taylor been helped off what looks like a bad one.

The Internet

These teams always seem so much more organised than our sides. A team that finishes 3rd/4th in almost any European league must be delighted to draw the scottish teams in these rounds. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Wheres our resident sheepie 🤣

Just checked in. What’s up? 😂

Johnny Sandiego

Not a bad result for Aberdeen to be fair. Means next weeks tie will be competative too which can only benefit us on the Sunday. A grueling1-1 draw and extra time would be ideal 😁.

IveSeenTheLight
55 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Not a bad result for Aberdeen to be fair. Means next weeks tie will be competative too which can only benefit us on the Sunday. A grueling1-1 draw and extra time would be ideal 😁.

Hopefully we should win comfortably.

we’ve got to hope that Leigh is fit enough to play and that we can put the tie to bed early enough to be able to take him off and keep fresh for the Sunday.

with our defensive injuries, I wonder if we’ll sign another defensive player.

Schevchenko

Thought Aberdeen played fairly well, it was backs to the wall stuff for the Georgian team the entire match, penalty was a shocker.

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, Schevchenko said:

Thought Aberdeen played fairly well, it was backs to the wall stuff for the Georgian team the entire match, penalty was a shocker.

The penalty wasn’t obvious, but the correct call when played back.

For all the negatives re Killie going out the Dons in a good position, bet that don’t make Twitter. Does that mean other pub leagues exist, come on English peeps you are quick to get stuck in when a bad result.

kirkierobroy

Don't like them much but Aberdeen are the only genuinely Scottish team left in Europe.

Travelled up to Glasgow from ThatEngland on a train yesterday just along from a noisy group of four drunks who got on at Lockerbie and were singing along to a playlist of, ahem, folk songs celebrating the two Rangers clubs and their cultural affiliations. The railway polis watched them from a coach away but did nothing. There was another, quieter bloke, on his own, wearing a 'Hull Loyal' polo shirt. He at least, the drunks established, was going to the game. They weren't.

The point can never be stressed enough. To use the evil two as the focus of Weegie-bashing is to miss the point. They are a poison on society and football throughout  Scotland and even further beyond. I'll never welcome either of them winning in Europe because of the coefficient.

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

He’s always looked like a carthorse in the limited times I’ve seen him. But 20+ goals in his first full season and he’s now scored in his last 5 games for Aberdeen. 

I can't understand this Cosgrove.  He seems to see the net then kick the ball into it.  Sometimes he heads the ball in.

What's that all about?

Haringshairband

4-0 Aberdeen look decent but this team is pretty shite so it's difficult to judge how good they really are.

The Internet
1 hour ago, Barack said:

He's a huddy. But he's a scoring huddy.

He's proof of what can happen if you give a player time. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's proof of what can happen if you give a player time. 

Exactly, shocking how we dumped Sammon so early.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Exactly, shocking how we dumped Sammon so early.

He's just signed for Falkirk. In League One.

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Cosgrove hat-trick. Dons will be well happy tonight

Great result for them. Cosgrove is limited but he is an absolute unit, can finish and is very hard to play against. Critically he stays on his feet which is what Uche needs to learn.