Scottish clubs in Europe 19/20

The Internet

And there were more than a few on here bemoaning  the fact that they managed to get such a good replacement for Clark whilst we still had Levein!  Gone by Xmas is my prediction. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Boab

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Did you know that Aberdeen had signed Curtis Main from Motherwell?

:cornette:

Of course

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, leginten said:

It is a complete and utter embarrassment for a team finishing a very good third in our league. An absolute shocker. Didn’t Inverness beat the Welsh team reasonably comfortably in the final of the Challenge Cup last season?

This years Killie will be a shadow of last year's kille team.

Likley  bottom 6.

NaturalOrder74

Don’t think killie are gonna be anywhere near the top 6 without Clarke involved that’s embarrassing 

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

They are like a cross between rugby and martial arts, with some football thrown in. 

(this is why I am bemused by this result, that Killie team getting out-muscled)

Killie played Hamilton three times last Season. You would think that would have prepared them for tonight 🙂

His name is

Absolutely howling result for killie. 

Aberdeen didn't look look world beaters compared to that Finnish team tonight either. 

its all put on, but that fat baldy Kilmarnock fan who keeps posting the videos and moaning will have plenty of excuses to swear in his next one.

Only Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen should be allowed to represent Scotland in Europe.

Randy Marsh

That result gives me horror flashbacks of our humiliating exit to the Maltese  pub side.  Killie's exit tonight is probably worse.

Fozzyonthefence

To put in perspective, Connahs Quay needed penalties to knock out Edinburgh City in the Challenge Cup last season and finished 12 points behind TNS in the Welsh league, who themselves lost on penalties to Queens Park.  

The Welsh League is shite, this a complete embarrassment for Killie and Scottish football.  Again.  Yet the blazers, media, etc keep telling us our game is in good shape and we knock it too much!

A cruel, harsh read: https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/

I'd be absolutely raging if I was a Killie fan though. They wait almost 20 years to play in Europe, get lumbered with a "trip" to Wales and their team can't even pull that one off for them.

They could have gone to Finland, Iceland or the Faroe Islands for the first qualifier. They could have even gone to Ireland but no, they didn't even make it off the mainland.

If this was Hearts I'd be absolutely livid and then some.

Good for us though, they looked beyond dire from what I saw, so hopefully they won't be any problem to us next season.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That result gives me horror flashbacks of our humiliating exit to the Maltese  pub side.  Killie's exit tonight is probably worse.

Definitely worse, Killie lead 2-1 and won away, yet they still couldn't do it.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Of course it's worse. Birkirkara had taken west ham to penalties the season before. Connah's Quay had been taken to penalties by Edinburgh City. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Only Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen should be allowed to represent Scotland in Europe.

If that’s to avoid embarrassment you should trim that further to only Rantic and even then, only allow them to play in the Europa League as they aren’t good enough for the Champions League.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

If that’s to avoid embarrassment you should trim that further to only Rantic and even then, only allow them to play in the Europa League as they aren’t good enough for the Champions League.

We've generally done ok Birkikara apart to be fair. Some really tough draws through the years.

Just now, Barack said:

"Looks like we're going to Belgrade then, lads."

:rofl:

I feel genuinely sorry for them but I can't deny it's funny :lol: .

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Definitely worse, Killie lead 2-1 and won away, yet they still couldn't do it.

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Of course it's worse. Birkirkara had taken west ham to penalties the season before. Connah's Quay had been taken to penalties by Edinburgh City. 

Yeah its worse.  Noticed Hadjik Split go emptied tonight by an even worse Maltese team.  Maybe the standard in that country isn't that bad.

31 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The Welsh are nation of sports people with the will to win that we Scots sadly lack. Rugby and football players who reach a high level, cyclist's who win the Tour de France. Killie just summed up a nation. 

Just catching up.  What a shocking result. 

I was in the boozer the night Connahs played Edinburgh City in Wales back in February , and it was on the tele.  They looked very much the route one side, Edinburgh looked more of a footballing side. 

But like you say, the Welsh team had so much fight in them. Really physical but put so much effort in. They looked horrible to play against. Something us Scots used to be renowned for. 

But maybe that’s it? Maybe they don’t give a f^^k about what people say , while we do? We’re worried how people view the way we play so we go all possession obsessed?  Some will say the minute you try to change character you lose something. In decades past foreign sides hated the way we got in their faces and it allowed us to go on and play. 

Edited by Debut 4

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

A cruel, harsh read: https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/

I'd be absolutely raging if I was a Killie fan though. They wait almost 20 years to play in Europe, get lumbered with a "trip" to Wales and their team can't even pull that one off for them.

They could have gone to Finland, Iceland or the Faroe Islands for the first qualifier. They could have even gone to Ireland but no, they didn't even make it off the mainland.

If this was Hearts I'd be absolutely livid and then some.

Good for us though, they looked beyond dire from what I saw, so hopefully they won't be any problem to us next season.

Surely that guy didn’t book flights from Toronto?!

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Far worse. 

The 1st round, ours was 2nd for starters. 

kingantti1874

Killie will be nowhere this season, seriously limited team who lucked into an exceptional manager.. 7th at best

skinnybob72

The equivalent of Usain Bolt losing to Mr Creosote over 100m. Killie should be ashamed of that and consider packing in altogether. 

The most worrying thing is that our national team manager thinks several of these players are good enough to play for Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The most worrying thing is that our national team manager thinks several of these players are good enough to play for Scotland.

They were good enough for him last season. They won't get many more call ups if they don't hit the same levels as Clark had them at.

Deans Jambo

The Kilmarnock players should be ashamed of themselves. Couple of seasons ago they were sh*te and bottom of the league until Steve Clarke came along. They then up there game and are challenging at the top. Lose him and they turn sh*te again...... many of the same players. They no professional pride or can they only turn it on for the one boss?

That said the Italian boy seemed a strange managerial appointment to follow Clarke.

Edited by Deans Jambo

maroonlegions
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Killie will be nowhere this season, seriously limited team who lucked into an exceptional manager.. 7th at best

67202361_2419364574790199_8916530841560023040_n.jpg

41 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We've generally done ok Birkikara apart to be fair. Some really tough draws through the years.

We’ve had some arsehole draws in Europe early doors before the Europa League etc

SpruceBringsteen

Mind folk were absolutely creaming themselves about the boy Alessio. OAP that's never managed a club above Sunday league level and couldn't find Scotland on a map. Papped off a team that couldn't even win the Challenge Cup.

:laugh:

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another result to turn the face even more beetroot as a Scottish football fan.

I bet you thought the new Killie man was a master stroke. I'm sure hes still better than levein? 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Mind folk were absolutely creaming themselves about the boy Alessio. OAP that's never managed a club above Sunday league level and couldn't find Scotland on a map. Papped off a team that couldn't even win the Challenge Cup.

You'd have thought the one area he could improve them would be Europe, what with all that European experience and everything.

Ach well, at least it looks like we'll be moving up to 5th at least without doing anything! Hibs look terrible, so that's 4th in the bag. And Aberdeen are as bad at taking chances as us so 3rd is on the cards. Season's going great so far and it's not even started.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

The Kilmarnock players should be ashamed of themselves. Couple of seasons ago they were sh*te and bottom of the league until Steve Clarke came along. They then up there game and are challenging at the top. Lose him and they turn sh*te again...... many of the same players. They no professional pride or can they only turn it on for the one boss?

That said the Italian boy seemed a strange managerial appointment to follow Clarke.

Let's just hope Clarke can perform the same trick with Scotland. Then we really can start saying he's a genuinely great manager.

SpruceBringsteen
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You'd have thought the one area he could improve them would be Europe, what with all that European experience and everything.

Ach well, at least it looks like we'll be moving up to 5th at least without doing anything! Hibs look terrible, so that's 4th in the bag. And Aberdeen are as bad at taking chances as us. Season's going great so far and it's not even started.

Killie's board looking at a hybrid of Cathro/that Brazilian bam Livingston had for about 8 games and thinking "Yeah, this is the man"

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Kilmarnock folks will probably go back to supporting rangers now 😡

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Killie's board looking at a hybrid of Cathro/that Brazilian bam Livingston had for about 8 games and thinking "Yeah, this is the man"

Can just imagine them looking down the Inter and Chelsea reserve lists and rubbing their hands together with glee. Two months later...

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Exciting appointment that we should be making tho. Fancy name n that

Don't get the hype highest level he has managed is serie c 

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Whatever distracts you from being a tragic weirdo, looking for arguments within the most tenuous throwaway comments.

I'm sorry that future Italy manager Angelo Alessio has not had the glittering start to his Kilmarnock career that you expected. Dull yin.

Peace, wee Baws. 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

67202361_2419364574790199_8916530841560023040_n.jpg

TBF, If Hearts got pumped by a bunch of sheep fermers, I’d want the manager sacked.

What a joke.

Killie are an embarrassment. 

If they hold hold on to this boy, they’ll struggle to stay in the league. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Well done to the Connahs Quay Nomads boys. Team spirit always gives you a chance.

At least we have Rangers and Celtic to not fly the Scottish flag.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Indeed. Why couldn't Hearts show some ambition and get this boy etc

Just seen last night’s Killie result. Jesus Christ, how embarrassing can you get? I thought Birkirkara (or however it was spelled) was a low point, but Connah’s Quay aren’t even famous in North Wales. (I should know, I live here)

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ach well, at least it looks like we'll be moving up to 5th at least without doing anything! Hibs look terrible, so that's 4th in the bag. And Aberdeen are as bad at taking chances as us so 3rd is on the cards. Season's going great so far and it's not even started.

Except they weren't playing a European side. Playing street fighters. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

How is this ridiculous?

Kilmarnocks result was.