The Gay Footballer

Hampden Demolition

Look at me

Look at me

look at me 

Nobody really cares mate

Absolute Drama queen stuff why would a club in this day and age no play you because you are Gay FFS 

Idiot 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Norm

• ri Alban

• Morph

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole affair is sad.

Sad that there's no openly gay footballers at the top level. Sad that there's people who would be bothered by this. Sad that people feel there's a need to share their sexuality with the 'public' and sad that the whole concept remains so taboo.

fabienleclerq

All strikes me as a bit "only gay in the village". 

Just play football and keep your private life private. 

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Look at me

Look at me

look at me 

Nobody really cares mate

Absolute Drama queen stuff why would a club in this day and age no play you because you are Gay FFS 

Idiot 

Jesus ****** wept.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

I wasn't into Hearts in Fashanu's time, so I don't remember.

I do remember him as a Norwich player, but he wasn't "out" as far as I remember. Was he out at Hearts?

October 1990

IMG_3293.JPG.2a306b0efbc92d542f2f1839f7590dd7.JPG

Aug 1993

IMG_3294.JPG

Edited by Maroon Sailor

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Tynieman said:

The only thing I'd say is that I don't think society necessarily accepts it fully. Gay people are still discriminated against and still persucuted in many countries. Plus, given the history that gay people have have been through, I think that the pride parade is still quite relevant.

Yeah try telling that to the two gay women who were severely beaten up on the London bus recently due to their sexuality. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We used to have an openly gay guy who was a poster on here. Don’t know if he’s still here or not. When he told people, nobody batted an eyelid. I think things had been getting better with racism and homophobia for quite a while, until the alt-right became a thing. ☹️

Im sure there is more than one " openly " gay guy on Kickback !!!   :)  In fact when Ive been to the footie Ive seen quite a few gay guys I know.  And shock / horror even know one who used to play for Hearts a few years back but is " in the closet" due to the very reasons the alleged gay footballer has and will encounter coming out.  

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im sure there is more than one " openly " gay guy on Kickback !!!   :)  In fact when Ive been to the footie Ive seen quite a few gay guys I know.  And shock / horror even know one who used to play for Hearts a few years back but is " in the closet" due to the very reasons the alleged gay footballer has and will encounter coming out.  

Cannae mind the guy’s username. It wasn’t ever a big thing, but the first time I remember anyone saying they were on here. I think that’s a good thing probably. Was it you?

bean counter
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have always suspected Ronaldo to be gay. He has a son but no mother and is meant to be in a relationship with his agents daughter. All very suspicious to me.

I do as well

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Cannae mind the guy’s username. It wasn’t ever a big thing, but the first time I remember anyone saying they were on here. I think that’s a good thing probably. Was it you?

Might have been ?  But like i said probably not the only gay in the village ! :) 

4 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

A player currently playing in the English Championship looks set to become the first openly gay football in British Football since Fashanu. Hopefully he gets plenty of support from his teammates, family and friends. I personally don’t think society is ready for it yet but fully respect the decision of whoever this is. 

FD6C26EC-9DA5-4173-ABBC-C9F001610BF8.jpeg

Couldn't give a shit if the guy was homosexual or not, no one should have to disclose their preferences to anyone regardless of what platform they were standing on. 

Granted back in the day, being homosexual was certainly a instant target for the fans on the terracing but we have moved on, time for everyone to put down their multi coloured striped flags and accept the fact MOST* folk accept homosexually here, there and everywhere. 

*Yes we still have the dinosaurs, by Jove I was one of them back in the juvenile days. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Might have been ?  But like i said probably not the only gay in the village ! :) 

:lol:

It’s hard to tell if the page is genuine. 

Its not attention seeking in a “look at me” way but in a way that draws attention to the bigger picture of football players not feeling able to be fully themselves.  It’s not about the fans it’s about hiding it from their team mates, manager etc. 

Well done to you if you don’t care that someone is gay but don’t try and belittle someone making a big deal over nothing when in football it clearly is a place where men and women don’t feel they can admit their sexuality and that needs to change.   I seen someone on talksport I think it was saying this might be a good way of ‘coming out’ as after it’s all played out it will be a case of just wondering who it is rather than a big backlash to it. 

The state fans of Patrick got themselves into over some rainbow flashes on their strip shows why this is needed.  I doubt when other players start coming forward they will choose the same route, it’s just because this guy is going to be the first. 

Edited by Morph

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Morph said:

It’s hard to tell if the page is genuine. 

If it is its not attention seeking in a “look at me” way but in a way that draws attention to the bigger picture of football players not feeling able to be fully themselves.  It’s not about the fans it’s about hiding it from their team mates, manager etc. 

Well done to you if you don’t care that someone is gay but don’t try and belittle someone making a big deal over nothing when in football it clearly is a place where men and women don’t feel they can admit their sexuality and that needs to change.   I seen someone on talksport I think it was saying this might be a good way of ‘coming out’ as after it’s all played out it will be a case of just wondering who it is rather than a big backlash to it. 

The state fans of Patrick got themselves into over some rainbow flashes on their strip shows why this is needed.  I doubt when other players start coming forward they will choose the same route, it’s just because this guy is going to be the first. 

Great post :) 

JudyJudyJudy

The comments regarding Ronaldo being gay due to " suspicions" reek of underlying homophobia i feel. He has had 3 kids by surrogacy by unknown females which is rather odd I know. However i feel that people have their " suspicions" as he maybe appears " gay". He is rather camp despite being athletic, hes very good looking ,  he grooms himself very well, has fantastic dress sense and openly displays his emotions so people assume that these characteristics of a typical gay person ! It isnt !  This is from wiki 

Ronaldo then became father to twins, daughter Eva and son Mateo, born on 8 June 2017 in the United States via surrogacy.[556] He is in a relationship with Spanish model Georgina Rodríguez, who gave birth to their daughter Alana Martina, on 12 November 2017.[557]

Edited by JamesM48

Now you’ve got me thinking....1 in ten are gay in the football industry. I work in construction and I wonder how many are in the closet??? 1 in 8????  20 guys in the company I work for and 2.5 of them are bufties. Could be big Tony the brickie, cause he’s got a moustache, Ryan the plumber cause he’s a bit of a mincer or Jim the joiner cause he holds his hammer funny. Work will never be the same with these stats now! 

been here before
35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:facepalm:

Brutal.

45 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah try telling that to the two gay women who were severely beaten up on the London bus recently due to their sexuality. 

I was stating the fact that homosexuality hasn't been fully accepted in society? Not sure if you've misunderstood my post?

Punks No Deid
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

I think it's ridiculous we still consider this an issue.

I'm a straight man, wife, child, 2 dogs. Very ordinary really. If someone is gay then why does that mean anything to me? If my son turned out to be gay it wouldn't mean a damn thing. All still people, gay, straight, trans, non binary, kettle, tree who gives a ****, their lives have **** all to do with me or you.

It shouldn't even make the news. People should just be who they are and everyone else should just mind their own damn business and see them as they see any other person on the street.

Just opened this thread and I think u’ve nailed it mate...I’ll read more comments after yours but I think I’ll struggle to say it better than you have 👍🏻

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

I was stating the fact that homosexuality hasn't been fully accepted in society? Not sure if you've misunderstood my post?

It was directed at the comment you commented on . Sorry nothing about your posting. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It was directed at the comment you commented on . Sorry nothing about your posting. 

No worries mate 

Was Justin not bisexual? Pretty sure he was riding Bet Lynch from Coronation Street at some point, seriously. Could be wrong. 

Is society ready for the first openly gay kickback poster? Asking for a friend. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Smack said:

Was Justin not bisexual? Pretty sure he was riding Bet Lynch from Coronation Street at some point, seriously. Could be wrong. 

Is society ready for the first openly gay kickback poster? Asking for a friend. 

I think that was a " lavender" romance... Both " beards" to each other as there has always been rumours that Julie Goodyear was gay.  In fact she apparently had a gf from Livingston for a while....how glamorous :) 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Bit 1980’s tabloid-ish there.

Oh get a grip. I have been nothing but supportive all thread - don’t turn in to some sort of wimpy millennial that gets offended when one word isn’t thought about for 5 or 10 minutes to make sure it causes no offence to anyone

None of the language is ideal.

The phrase “Coming out” itself is all very Les Cage Aux Folles and subject to criticism if you really want to be a pedant 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’ll never be the norm till we act like it’s the norm, no press conference, no marches / just get on and live your life like normal. 

Or 3 page threads on Kickback.

Anyway, as I've said for years, it's a good career move. Between endorsements, ghostwritten newspaper columns and "celeb" opportunities, they will be financially set up for life. It's an open door for the first reasonably well known player to walk through, not a random American reserve who retired, for example.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nobody gives a shit what anyone is apparently, yet  I get picked up on one word despite obviously being supportive of the player now question yet ‘one of our own’ threw a bunch of bananas at Mark Walters.

OK then.

I am quite happy that I am on the right side of the debate here.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Or 3 page threads on Kickback.

Anyway, as I've said for years, it's a good career move. Between endorsements, ghostwritten newspaper columns and "celeb" opportunities, they will be financially set up for life. It's an open door for the first reasonably well known player to walk through, not a random American reserve who retired, for example.

In one post you couldn’t have been more offensive.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If it’s not an issue why has a well known footballer never come out as gay?

It is because football fans (and I am guessing some players and apparently even at least one manager) aren’t very forward thinking and therefore it is a very big deal.

Collective whataboutery in full flow here.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If it’s not an issue why has a well known footballer never come out as gay?

It is because football fans (and I am guessing some players and apparently even at least one manager) aren’t very forward thinking and therefore it is a very big deal.

Collective whataboutery in full flow here.

In all honesty, you battering out posts and lashing out, is causing more confrontation than anyone else. The two posts questioning your choice of word were extremely tame, and you could have just laughed it off. Don’t think anyone has accused you of being homophobic or anything like that.

5 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

No chance he's the only gay footballer at a high level. Hopefully, once he comes out, others will feel strong enough to follow suit. 

They'll get pelters from the stand at first but once eedjits start getting turfed out and charged, it should fairly quickly fizzle out. 

To be fair, eejits have been getting turfed out, arrested, charged etc etc for decades for racism, bigotry etc and it ain’t stopped yet - sadly society has a fair number of eejits and even more sadly football attracts more than its fair share of them. 

Even more sadly I can’t see this changing completely in my life time - I just hope for better for my kids and grandkids.

Maroon Sailor

I remember a TV interview by Jim why are you so good White at the back of the main stand with Justin and Robbo discussing their potential partnership up front and he mentioned some thing along the lines of Robbo getting on the end of Justin's balls

3 minutes ago, mark2000 said:

To be fair, eejits have been getting turfed out, arrested, charged etc etc for decades for racism, bigotry etc and it ain’t stopped yet - sadly society has a fair number of eejits and even more sadly football attracts more than its fair share of them. 

Even more sadly I can’t see this changing completely in my life time - I just hope for better for my kids and grandkids.

That’s what I was getting at earlier. I honestly think things had started getting better with all sorts of prejudices and bigotry. Recently though society has lurched backwards again, and I think it’s because some pretty high profile and even powerful public figures have legitimised these mindsets. Alt-right and the dawn of the “snowflake” rhetoric. Shame really, 

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In one post you couldn’t have been more offensive.

Offensive? Catch a grip Tosh. It's the modern world.

4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Eating it with a fork. 

To be fair with the soup I make it is required.

And for the record, to come out as gay in a strict muslim country is brave. Coming out in the UK is not. Really gets overused that term. There is not one country on the planet that is more tolerant than the UK. I just don't get why people give a shit or indeed why someone feels the need to disclose their sexual orientation.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yeah, celebrating diversity is bad for us all. 

In this instance it is. We want to be treated equally? Do you or do you want to be celebrated and everyone tell you how brave you are. Why say it’s the former but act like it’s the latter. 

I have absolutely nothing against the gay community at all, in fact I may currently be in the biggest gay holiday resort on earth with my family - Provincetown USA - it’s a cracking place.

But I do find it pretty sad that there is a whole town where gay people want or need to gather Based purely on their sexuality. Surely the objective is that is all towns.

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And for the record, to come out as gay in a strict muslim country is brave. Coming out in the UK is not. Really gets overused that term. There is not one country on the planet that is more tolerant than the UK. I just don't get why people give a shit or indeed why someone feels the need to disclose their sexual orientation.

Hmmm... not necessarily. A friend of mine is from a strict Bangladeshi Scottish family, who’s parents are conservative practising Muslims. He came out as gay about twenty years ago at University, and it caused him some pretty nasty issues.

I do think it had got a lot better for years though, but unfortunately society is going backwards again. I’m 40 and I grew up in a village on the outskirts of Edinburgh in the 80s and 90s. At that time almost everyone who lived there was white, and nobody was openly gay. At school people were abused as being gay and for someone to openly declare themselves as gay, would have led to them being bullied physically and mentally. I remember on guy having bricks thrown at his door and people kicking it and banging on his windows calling him a paedophile, all because a rumour went around that he was gay and in a relationship with a younger guy. No idea if he was gay or not, and the boy he was meant to be in a relationship was over sixteen. If I was gay, then there is no way I would have had the guts to come out in that environment. It was the same with the names people used to call black and Pakistani or Indian people. Really backwards mentality towards anyone who didn’t fit the perceived model of what was ‘normal’ for that society/community.

Years later, I’d notice that kids the age I was back then were far more of a mix of demographics. Gay boys arsing around on the bus with straight boys, and no bullying. Kids of different races mixing perfectly happily. I assume different religious backgrounds too.

I think in the last ten years though, there has been a concentrated effort to try and bring back offensive behaviour towards different groups in society, and it’s a real shame because it feels like so much progress is being undone. I remember listening to some arsehole who used to run Trump’s election campaign. He was driving home the message that we shouldn’t worry about offending people. Just do it, it doesn’t do any harm etc. The problem is, it does do harm, and it legitimises prejudices and bigotry in the minds of the ignorant.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

I long for the day when it doesn’t have to be announced a sportsman/woman is Gay/Lesbian. Such a sad indictment of society that these people feel they need to justify their sexuality. 

4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have always suspected Ronaldo to be gay. He has a son but no mother and is meant to be in a relationship with his agents daughter. All very suspicious to me.

Ronaldo has no mother? And you suspect him to be gay? Inspector, get a warrant and arrest this man!

Edited by stan
Typo

Uncle Mulk

Sadly, referee and MP Douglas Ross voted against equal rights for same sex marriages in Northern Ireland. 

More of a case for politics and football remaining exclusive. However, it unfotunately shows that there are (maybe only a few?) people within the game that still feel sexuality should impact equality. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Mulk said:

Sadly, referee and MP Douglas Ross voted against equal rights for same sex marriages in Northern Ireland. 

More of a case for politics and football remaining exclusive. However, it unfotunately shows that there are (maybe only a few?) people within the game that still feel sexuality should impact equality. 

Look at our own game; Malky MacKay for example. 🙃

Finlay James

I mean this in the nicest possible way but really, who cares.

If gay people want to be treated as equal and with fairness, don't make a song and dance of it, just live life how they want to.

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Barack said:

Society will cope. Those ****ing morons who'll struggle with it & decide to use it as a device to dole out abuse to the player, & any subsequent player(s), should be treated & dealt with in the same manner we deal with racism.

But hopefully not dealt with the way we deal (or don’t deal) with sectarianism in Scotland.

Fozzyonthefence

Society will cope. Those ****ing morons who'll struggle with it & decide to use it as a device to dole out abuse to the player, & any subsequent player(s), should be treated & dealt with in the same manner we deal with racism.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Arthur Morgan
12 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way but really, who cares.

If gay people want to be treated as equal and with fairness, don't make a song and dance of it, just live life how they want to.

This.

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We’ve got four pages of people saying who cares. That shows that folk care enough to post. Also the United Kingdom is nowhere near the most liberal or tolerant country on the planet.

Edited by Mr Elwood P