30 years ago today

Marvin

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I've said it before but had we beaten Airdrie I think we would have won the cup. We hadn't lost to Celtic that season and had already beaten them at Hampden. 

Now imagine that. Hamster Chops going down as a legend at the club.  :wow:

Hamster chops.:lol:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Tommy McLean is the worst manager in my time supporting Hearts. Malofeev, Csaba, Korobochka, all better than that Hamster faced *****. 

I agree with that. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye mind that semi well, sure robbo had the ball over the line in the 1st game.

You're getting mixed up with the St Mirren semi when Robbo had the ball over the line and the goal wasn't given for some bizarre reason, it was miles over too! 

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You're getting mixed up with the St Mirren semi when Robbo had the ball over the line and the goal wasn't given for some bizarre reason, it was miles over too! 

I’m sure it was defo the Airdrie semi mate (first one not replay) . I’ve got the press clippings as I used to do scrapbooks tho it’s in the attic 

Pretty sure Jordan was the manager tho may be wrong

Edited by 1971fozzy

22 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

My recollection is that McLean was rumoured to be annoyed that Johnston was on £1,000 a week, or game. A big wage back then, he had been signed by Sandy Clark, I think.

McLean came with a big reputation, brought in by the Pieman, but didn't seem to take long to piss off the players. Not a good season for us.

8 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Tommy McLean is the worst manager in my time supporting Hearts. Malofeev, Csaba, Korobochka, all better than that Hamster faced *****. 

One thing I give Robinson credit for. Changing it quickly and going all out to being Jefferies in. 

The Old Tolbooth
13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sure it was defo the Airdrie semi mate (first one not replay) . I’ve got the press clippings as I used to do scrapbooks tho it’s in the attic 

Pretty sure Jordan was the manager tho may be wrong

I think you could be right mate as it was 87 when St Mirren beat us in the semi, and that was before the Airdrie fiascos, I seem to remember being right in line with the goal line when we played St Mirren, and Robbo definitely had the ball over the line in that game too, I seen it clearly at the time, but there was another instance against Airdrie where one wasn't given and I'm pretty sure you're correct with Jordan as manager. 

Hectormasson
On 10/07/2019 at 09:47, Heartsofgold said:

No, that was him.  Gerbil/hamster faced fukwit.  He nearly ran us into the ground, had no man management skils and was in charge when we lost in the semi to Airdrie.

Him and tam (jaws) ,forsyth

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think you could be right mate as it was 87 when St Mirren beat us in the semi, and that was before the Airdrie fiascos, I seem to remember being right in line with the goal line when we played St Mirren, and Robbo definitely had the ball over the line in that game too, I seen it clearly at the time, but there was another instance against Airdrie where one wasn't given and I'm pretty sure you're correct with Jordan as manager. 

We played them twice in semi finals. First went to a replay, hampden was still terracing (it was the first game with the disallowed goal) . Second time they won, hampden had seats at this game.