Upgrade complete - any issues?

davemclaren

I replied in the George Carlin thread, and while my post appeared in the thread, my message still also remained in the text box at the bottom with the "submit reply" button stuck on "saving". See screenshot:

Untitled-1.jpg

Hmm. Maybe just a one-off as it didn't do it there.

As you can see in the screenshot though, the grey colour around the reply box doesn't match up with the normal background grey.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I replied in the George Carlin thread, and while my post appeared in the thread, my message still also remained in the text box at the bottom with the "submit reply" button stuck on "saving". See screenshot:

Untitled-1.jpg

Same thing happening to me.

Once you go away from the thread, then return, all is good.

45 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Prior to the upgrade I got that regularly, hopefully fixed now.

hughesie27

I often find old posts that I've quite appearing in the reply box when I go to further reply to threads. Been happening for ages. Never tested it to see when or when it doesnt happen though.

davemclaren
59 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I often find old posts that I've quite appearing in the reply box when I go to further reply to threads. Been happening for ages. Never tested it to see when or when it doesnt happen though.

Happens when you’ve quoted someone but haven’t posted the reply. It seems to ‘helpfully’ save it for the next time. 

Stuart Lyon
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Happens when you’ve quoted someone but haven’t posted the reply. It seems to ‘helpfully’ save it for the next time. 

Dave not related to this upgrade but I am unable to post a photo whether it is a jpg, tiff, png or PDF. I get an error message with a white exclamation mark in a triangle with -200 alongside it. Can you offer any help?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Dave not related to this upgrade but I am unable to post a photo whether it is a jpg, tiff, png or PDF. I get an error message with a white exclamation mark in a triangle with -200 alongside it. Can you offer any help?

It’s too big. You need to resize it to less than 1mb. 

Stuart Lyon
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thanks I'll try again

Stuart Lyon
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

it worked - thanks been driving me nuts

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

One issue.

I can't see my refunded £5 in my bank account....

:kirk:

Don’t worry.

Your fiver went into my account earlier today.

Ta.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

One issue.

I can't see my refunded £5 in my bank account....

:kirk:

:sadrobbo:

53 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You can apply the tariff after the Brexit shambles.

Is Brexit still a ‘thing’?

Must be about it’s 36th or 37th anniversary by now...

:wink:

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sadly, I am watching Worzel Gummidge and the other streak of pish debating live on TV. 

What a pair of useless articles. 

Got a spare room in the South of France, mon ami ?  We might emigrate.

if he does it will now be getting filled quicker than pat stantons breeks to stop you moving in

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

if he does it will now be getting filled quicker than pat stantons breeks to stop you moving in

:spoton:

How do you post GIFs. My phone says chrome, Firefox, Microsoft, duckgo etc... Don't support? Please help!

When at the bottom of a thread I’m sure there used to be a button that said “The Terrace” so you just click that and it went straight to the Terrace listing of topics. Now it just says “go to topic listing”. 

So you click that then it takes you to the top of the thread then you click on the terrace button at the top. 

Adds a half second onto my day FFS!

:seething:

Edited by Pans Jambo

On 09/07/2019 at 13:39, Ray Gin said:

Untitled-1.jpg

This is still happening to me regularly on both desktop and mobile.

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

When at the bottom of a thread I’m sure there used to be a button that said “The Terrace” so you just click that and it went straight to the Terrace listing of topics. Now it just says “go to topic listing”. 

So you click that then it takes you to the top of the thread then you click on the terrace button at the top. 

Adds a half second onto my day FFS!

:seething:

Similarly to the right of that there is the next unread topic button. It used to tell you what the thread was, doesn't anymore and it's a pita when it's a thread you're banned from.

On 09/07/2019 at 13:39, Ray Gin said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Last couple of days I've had same issue.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Last couple of days I've had same issue.

Same with me. 

Site is still very jumpy,with your ads constantly resizing.

Ad-free premuim version of jkb would be good.

Say What Again

I’m getting this every time I open a thread. Possibly not a kickback issue, but it’s not happening on any other sites I browse to. 

Its only started happening this morning. 

E3FD0586-12E6-4540-8C1A-6E667D826F2F.png

Just now, Say What Again said:

I’m getting this every time I open a thread. Possibly not a kickback issue, but it’s not happening on any other sites I browse to. 

Its only started happening this morning. 

E3FD0586-12E6-4540-8C1A-6E667D826F2F.png

Been happening to me all morning also!!

just downloaded the Adblock app on to my phone to stop it!!

pain in the arse.

Say What Again
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Been happening to me all morning also!!

just downloaded the Adblock app on to my phone to stop it!!

pain in the arse.

Aye, it is that 😡

Glad its not just me though 😂

Getting beyond a joke now, why is it that this site consistently has the ‘Congratulations’ ad virus issue...?

Anybody else having the full page Amazon adverts surrounding the site as well as the You've won spam?? :(  Feels like I'm on the Evening News website!

Auldreekie1874
14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Anybody else having the full page Amazon adverts surrounding the site as well as the You've won spam?? :(  Feels like I'm on the Evening News website!

Yes, the you've won only appears on my iphone, seems to dissappear after a few days then comes back again a few weeks later, ....rinse and repeat!

This amazon ad is annoying! full page on my pc, and jkb squashed in the middle. Not a good look :mad:

On 13/07/2019 at 10:14, Deviskan said:

Getting beyond a joke now, why is it that this site consistently has the ‘Congratulations’ ad virus issue...?

Its because the shoddy ad provider used is allowed to inject Javascript into the page and take over the screen.

Need to find another site to source adverts that do not use script injection.

Edit: The following article seems quite useful, and talks about using "SafeFrame" or Safe IFrames in your pages hosting the ads.

https://www.adpushup.com/blog/forced-redirect-ads/

Edited by frankblack

Harry Potter
On 13/07/2019 at 01:07, Tott said:

Site is still very jumpy,with your ads constantly resizing.

Ad-free premuim version of jkb would be good.

Going on the shed and half the page is advertising amazon prime cut price day, :sad:

• davemclaren locked this topic