Haring Injury

Section Q

jambopilms

You can't expect players who weren't better than Haring or Djoum last season to step up and be better than them this year.

The young ones may improve but they are just as likely to end in the lower divisions. That's a lottery and occasionally one or two come good.

Take Djoum, Haring and Naismith out of last year's midfield we would really struggle. I don't see what's different because we have had a couple of months break.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

Inch Hearts
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Jeez :facepalm:

NewHearts mentality right there, folks. 

Only glorified pre-season matches if it doesn’t go right.  If they go right they are very important matches just like friendlies themselves. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Only glorified pre-season matches if it doesn’t go right.  If they go right they are very important matches just like friendlies themselves. 

Yep. 

Season has not kicked off and the usual suspects are scrambling for their excuses. 

I suppose there is always next season. 

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Why are we consistently in some dilemma about being short of players in certain positions. Djoum should have been told to bolt months ago and a replacement found. The left back situation is laughable. Our season starts Friday and with the exception of right back and centre halves we have no natural starters anywhere. Dare I say it Hibs have a settled team with less budget than us.

We’ve got natural starters everywhere apart from maybe centre mid. Even there we have Edwards, Bozanic, Cochrane, Clare and Irving. What an embarrassing post!

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t think they got games for Celtic as emergency’s at the start of a season. In fact they would have been brought in when games where less meaningful to build confidence.  It could go to the opposite way playing the youngsters at the beginning of a season because there’s no other options. 

They were put in and stayed in , we seem reluctant to throw our kids in and stick with them ! Look at young hickey final 2 games of last season as another example 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You can't expect players who weren't better than Haring or Djoum last season to step up and be better than them this year.

The young ones may improve but they are just as likely to end in the lower divisions. That's a lottery and occasionally one or two come good.

Take Djoum, Haring and Naismith out of last year's midfield we would really struggle. I don't see what's different because we have had a couple of months break.

What's different is the midfield players will have better forward options to hit this season because when we lost Naismith and ikpeazu last season there was nothing there for the midfield 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They were put in and stayed in , we seem reluctant to throw our kids in and stick with them ! Look at young hickey final 2 games of last season as another example 

I agree to a point but don’t think firing them in start of the season to cover positions it was evident needed replacement/cover for is the best way to go about this.  I suspect Levein thinks similar otherwise he wouldn’t hit the media saying he might need to bring in new faces. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

I agree to a point but don’t think firing them in start of the season to cover positions it was evident needed replacement/cover for is the best way to go about this.  I suspect Levein thinks similar otherwise he wouldn’t hit the media saying he might need to bring in new faces. 

A do think we need another Haring type player but I'm content with the rest to go and play games! We'll certainly have more energy there for sure in my opinion 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A do think we need another Haring type player but I'm content with the rest to go and play games! We'll certainly have more energy there for sure in my opinion 

👍

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hardly. We made the semi final. We took it far less seriously in the past, putting out weaker teams when we had bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope so, just so when the guy makes a mistake our minority of racists can call him lazy and a wage thief, it’s a tradition (check the Djoum/Isma/Oshiniwa/Obua/Kingston threads).

Well, in fairness they were all pretty lazy and only played when they could be arsed. A lazy player is a lazy payer whether he's black or not. Just because someone gets called out for being lazy his skin tone means the square root of effall. People should question their own mind if that's what they're searching for in a post that is unlikely race related. I've thought many players over the years were pretty lazy, they weren't black so it makes a mockery of your post.

Anyway...back on the actual topic, we are two injuries down already and with Djoum and Lee going, we need replacements. Hearts have buggered it up (unsurprisingly) by not getting Bryson in so we now need to look for others, and not "projects"

14 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Is it just me who is seriously worried about our centre midfield for the coming season?!

A holding mid struggling to shake off a long term injury, two largely unproven youngsters & a bunch of guys who are mid table players...

We definitely need another quality central midfielder, especially when you consider our luck with injuries. 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Well, in fairness they were all pretty lazy and only played when they could be arsed

Nonsense. 

Robbo-Jambo

Even if Haring wasn't injured we should be bringing someone in with Djoum and Lee going. 

You have to wonder which injury consultant Hearts use for diagnosing our players injuries.

Peter Haring played with an injury until he needed treatment. When he came back into the 

team late in the season was’t he expected to get 100% fit for the start of preseason.

If this is the same problem it would suggest the original injury was never cured. Missing 

big Peter at the start of the new season would be the last thing we would want as he is 

one of the first names on the team sheet.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Most people who were there last night left buzzing about Zanatta and MacDonald. Didn’t you?

Absolutely buzzing I am.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Even if Haring wasn't injured we should be bringing someone in with Djoum and Lee going. 

Blind leading the blind.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Well, in fairness they were all pretty lazy and only played when they could be arsed. A lazy player is a lazy payer whether he's black or not. Just because someone gets called out for being lazy his skin tone means the square root of effall. People should question their own mind if that's what they're searching for in a post that is unlikely race related. I've thought many players over the years were pretty lazy, they weren't black so it makes a mockery of your post.

Anyway...back on the actual topic, we are two injuries down already and with Djoum and Lee going, we need replacements. Hearts have buggered it up (unsurprisingly) by not getting Bryson in so we now need to look for others, and not "projects"

We could discuss lazy players all day and whether they were slagged for it.

The other problem we have is that Lee is still injured and if there is anyone interested that can pay him as much as we do will want him fit. We will need him off the wage bill if we want to get a decent level of player to be bedded in before the league starts.

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Define “lazy”.

This is something that’s alway amused me. 

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's madness we never brought someone in for cover or to compete with Haring before now

Bearing in mind Haring was signed as a defender who played there as it was a problem position.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Bearing in mind Haring was signed as a defender who played there as it was a problem position.

Are you saying we should not have played him there because he was signed as a defender?  You do realise he played as a MF earlier in his career and I'd be mightily surprised if HMFC didn't know this

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you saying we should not have played him there because he was signed as a defender?  You do realise he played as a MF earlier in his career and I'd be mightily surprised if HMFC didn't know this

No he ain’t saying that. Stop deflecting.

vegas-voss
18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Aye I know.I wonder as has been suggested on here we could see Halkett play there as well then as cover for Haring

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye I know.I wonder as has been suggested on here we could see Halkett play there as well then as cover for Haring

I think that's a strong possibility after Haring's updated situation.

What position a player has been signed can be totally irrelevant.  Washington has been signed and can play up front, as a No 10 or on the wing.  What was he signed as?

Walker was a winger once upon a time but will almost certainly play more centrally when fit.

CL and his coaches will see players in training and bounce matches and will identify who can play where and when.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Are we still going with the 'bad luck' excuse for our conveyor belt of injuries?

That's the one I'm going for.

What's your explanation?

Inch Hearts
55 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No, I’m saying we signed him as a defender that grabbed the midfield place because of his quality when tried out there because of the lack of options. 

You know what assuming does Al. 

Inch Hearts
45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably yeah, perhaps Souttar there now there’s cover in defence. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Blind leading the blind.

Would be nice but doubt we can afford him as he's one of Ajax's key men

Gorgieshed
2 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

Actually Clare Edwards and bozanic isn’t too bad 

Not great either I might add 

Really???

Edwards aside (unknown) I would expect us to be firmly in the bottom 6 is that was our options.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are we still going with the 'bad luck' excuse for our conveyor belt of injuries?

- Haring is not fit yet following surgery. 

- Walker had a tight hamstring on Saturday. 

- Lee was injured at the end of last season and hopes to leave anyway. 

- Naismith was recovering from surgery but can’t play assuming he is now fit. 

It’s not really a conveyer belt at the moment. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

- Haring is not fit yet following surgery. 

- Walker had a tight hamstring on Saturday. 

- Lee was injured at the end of last season and hopes to leave anyway. 

- Naismith was recovering from surgery but can’t play assuming he is now fit. 

It’s not really a conveyer belt at the moment. 

Soon will be Dave.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Im confused, I thought friendlies mean nothing? How can you possibly be left buzzing at players performances yet not disappointed when it’s a poor one? 

Results in friendlies mean nothing. Performances are important though. Saturday’s performance was shit and last night’s was very good 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

So it’s time for back up players and youngsters to step up to cover for positions that should have been priority? 

It’s the 9th of July 😂 Nearly four weeks till our first league game and eight weeks till the transfer window closes. Get a grip ffs 😆

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

See above, it’s 9th July 😂

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely buzzing I am.

Hard not to be after watching some of that attacking play last night 👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Apart from goalkeeper, left mid, centre mid and striker you’re totally right. 🙄

No team has all their players match fit and match sharp right now. The league cup ties are glorified pre-season games and three years ago at this point we’d have four friendly matches ahead. 

Damn it!!!!  I bought a ticket for Friday not realising it was only a glorified pre-season game! 😔

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No, I’m saying we signed him as a defender that grabbed the midfield place because of his quality when tried out there because of the lack of options. 

You know what assuming does Al. 

I don't accept your "tried out" phrase.  He was a MF before and I would be very surprised if Hearts didn't know that unless they are strangers to the internet.  I would also guess that if they had any doubts they might have contacted Tomas Flogel.

You obviously don't understand what "assuming" means.  I asked you a question and did not assume anything.

17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Probably yeah, perhaps Souttar there now there’s cover in defence. 

Yep let's move someone else out of position in a position he excels in to cover our managers inability to build a squad capable of covering the blindingly obvious . 

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Damn it!!!!  I bought a ticket for Friday not realising it was only a glorified pre-season game! 😔

Ah well, at least you know now. 👍🏻

It’s no wonder the first two years of these group stages have been full of upset after upset. It’ll be the same this year no doubt. Teams just aren’t up to speed.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Ah well, at least you know now. 👍🏻

It’s no wonder the first two years of these group stages have been full of upset after upset. It’ll be the same this year no doubt. Teams just aren’t up to speed.

Had a quick wee look and the following teams failed to get out of their group in recent seasons:

16/17

Kilmarnock, Ross County, Dundee

17/18

Hearts, Inverness, St Mirren (Killie scraped through as 4th best runner up)

18/19

Hamilton, Inverness, Dundee Utd

No surprise really given how early these matches take place

innerjambo

Can we not just give the game to Dundee United now, and say we weren't ready, because we really need 4 months to prepare properly?

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Can we not just give the game to Dundee United now, and say we weren't ready, because we really need 4 months to prepare properly?

Why would we do that? They’re at the same stage as us in terms of preseason preparation and lost to a Dumbarton side full of trialists at the weekend. It’s the time of season where anything can happen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We’ll get through the group stage imo regardless of the result on Friday. I think we’ll win and I expect us to win but I won’t shit the bed if we draw or lose. 👍🏻

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Results in friendlies mean nothing. Performances are important though. Saturday’s performance was shit and last night’s was very good 👍🏻

It’s the 9th of July 😂 Nearly four weeks till our first league game and eight weeks till the transfer window closes. Get a grip ffs 😆

See above, it’s 9th July 😂

Hard not to be after watching some of that attacking play last night 👍🏻

I know the date.  My reply was to the suggestion you’ve quoted me for.  I’ve every confidence a couple more will be brought in. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

We seem to start every season with players who "aren't up to speed" because of injuries or they missed pre season after being late arrivals. Are we the only club to start the season with low expectations...?

Every club starts every season with players who aren't up to speed. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I don't accept your "tried out" phrase.  He was a MF before and I would be very surprised if Hearts didn't know that unless they are strangers to the internet.  I would also guess that if they had any doubts they might have contacted Tomas Flogel.

You obviously don't understand what "assuming" means.  I asked you a question and did not assume anything.

Don’t accept it then.  He was signed as a defender.  Why would you be surprised considering the amount of randoms that have been signed based on whyscout? Now we have scouting network connections all of a sudden? Why would they have had doubts he would be a decent defender, the position be signed up for but found his best position in midfield when covering.  Who cares regardless, point is we’ve been short and weak in that area and it’s still not been addressed, even lighter now with Djoum gone.