Haring Injury

Section Q

TyphoonJambo

Haring is being nursed back, correctly, from an abdominal injury/surgery. Walker had a slight tightness. Both are being slowly slowly brought back to fitness and not risked for meaningless friendlies. Granted they will be behind the rest with match fitness but what else could the club do? 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

We have clare, Cochrane, bozanic and Irving that can all play there 

suspect it will be two from those four 

Considering the tough start we have, those opinions don’t fill me with confidence. 

3 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

We have clare, Cochrane, bozanic and Irving that can all play there 

suspect it will be two from those four 

None of whom can do the job Haring does. That’s a lightweight midfield to say the least. Midfield has desperately needed attention for a while, Haring fit or not. Hope CL simply has a good poker face here and a quality player will be announced sooner rather than later..

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope so, just so when the guy makes a mistake our minority of racists can call him lazy and a wage thief, it’s a tradition (check the Djoum/Isma/Oshiniwa/Obua/Kingston threads).

We need more racists imo.

7 hours ago, jamborich said:

We knew last season he had a problem but we continued to play him, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Haring but it was wrong to keep playing him we are now paying the price.

Why are we consistently in some dilemma about being short of players in certain positions. Djoum should have been told to bolt months ago and a replacement found. The left back situation is laughable. Our season starts Friday and with the exception of right back and centre halves we have no natural starters anywhere. Dare I say it Hibs have a settled team with less budget than us.

vegas-voss
9 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Is it just me who is seriously worried about our centre midfield for the coming season?!

A holding mid struggling to shake off a long term injury, two largely unproven youngsters & a bunch of guys who are mid table players...

No you are not alone but it seems to have been that way for about 6 seasons now.

jambomjm74

I wonder what’s in levein’s head.. this has been coming for months. 

A centre mid partnership of Haring (who manages 1 in 2 games) and Clare who has never shown any love for the physical side.. his next best midfielder wants away (lee) the others are ok for the odd game but not for a serious top 6 challenge. When djoum said maybe to a new contract we should have been lining up a Decent replacement, rather than making cctv our most expensive summer signing. 

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, jamborich said:

I find this astonishing we are about to start a new season and feck all has been done to sort his injury problem 

I find it astonishing that there are fans who think nothing has been done to treat his injury. 

My biggest concern in midfield is lack of real experience, the club make a huge deal about the influence Berra and Hughes have on the you defenders and Naismith with our attackers, we really need an experience quality midfielder to help bring on the likes of Cochrane and Irvine, even dare I say it Haring too who is still only 26 and doesn’t have top level experience as a midfielder.

Really need someone that can teach our midfield that bit of gamecraft that is lacking

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Depressing.  Walker and now Haring.  Who's next.

Walker's not anything serious just  feeling a couple of twinges and never played as a precaution as he's not played any football in ages 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I'm pretty sure the majority of racists in our support struggle to see Clare and Mulraney from a distance due to age, and they probably think they just spent too long in Magaluf.

To be fair to them Clare gets a bit of the lazy wage thief chat.

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

is there any indication when he is likely to recover?

Levein hasn’t said anything but i’d he’ll be available for our first league game (just a guess)

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Walker's not anything serious just  feeling a couple of twinges and never played as a precaution as he's not played any football in ages 

At least a couple of years.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

What's the script with Dikamona then? 

I'm guessing fear

He runs about, like Uche.

Famous 1874

Looking extremely light in midfield without Haring.

Cochrane and Irving are 2 promising young players but can’t rely on them to play consistently.

Bozanic is not good enough and whilst Lee contributed a lot of goals and assists last season, still feel he isn’t good enough and wants to leave anyways.

Mulumbu and Adao would add some much needed steel, physicality and a dirtiness that I feel our squad lacks.

innerjambo

We are really looking good for the coming season. I reckon we could take 4 or 5 off Utd on Friday. 

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Levein hasn’t said anything but i’d he’ll be available for our first league game (just a guess)

Then I'd guess he'll play some part in the League Cup group games

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We are really looking good for the coming season. I reckon we could take 4 or 5 off Utd on Friday. 

If we create chances like we did last night then definitely a possibility 👍🏻

Famous 1874
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Then I'd guess he'll play some part in the League Cup group games

Possibly the last one if he is even fit enough 

May even end up missing the start of the league campaign, have no clue really.

Levein does sound worried though after saying we’ll need to bring in cover for him.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Haring is being nursed back, correctly, from an abdominal injury/surgery. Walker had a slight tightness. Both are being slowly slowly brought back to fitness and not risked for meaningless friendlies. Granted they will be behind the rest with match fitness but what else could the club do? 

Maybe get an expert to get to the bottom of what is wrong with Haring, if they thought rest would cure it they clearly don’t know. Sign a replacement as he’s struggling and it looks like Lee will join Djoum our the door.

Amazing that Walker has had knee problems all his career and Wigan’s medical team managed to cure the problem a few months ago.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Why are we consistently in some dilemma about being short of players in certain positions. Djoum should have been told to bolt months ago and a replacement found. The left back situation is laughable. Our season starts Friday and with the exception of right back and centre halves we have no natural starters anywhere. Dare I say it Hibs have a settled team with less budget than us.

Apart from goalkeeper, left mid, centre mid and striker you’re totally right. 🙄

No team has all their players match fit and match sharp right now. The league cup ties are glorified pre-season games and three years ago at this point we’d have four friendly matches ahead. 

We seem to start every season with players who "aren't up to speed" because of injuries or they missed pre season after being late arrivals. Are we the only club to start the season with low expectations...?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Cochrane and Irving are 2 promising young players but can’t rely on them to play consistently.

Bozanic is not good enough and whilst Lee contributed a lot of goals and assists last season, still feel he isn’t good enough and wants to leave anyways.

Mulumbu and Adao would add some much needed steel, physicality and a dirtiness that I feel our squad lacks.

Add Clare and Edwards to that lightweight list as it seems 433 is the formation he wants to play.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Adao in a full season with HEARTS would be suspended at least three times. He's no Scott Broony. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Add Clare and Edwards to that lightweight list as it seems 433 is the formation he wants to play.

Played 4-4-2 most of pre-season, including last night

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anyone will tell you that midfield is where games are won or lost. 

I'm sure our manager is aware of this and will address the situation.

🙏

And here was me thinking it was goals scored against goals conceded. ::troll::

Leveins Battalion

One thing is for sure,Hearts really know how to get the fans excited for the new season 😒

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

True. Think Clare has the talent whereas feel Edwards isn’t good enough. Great engine and pressing but that’s about it.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

One thing is for sure,Hearts really know how to get the fans excited for the new season 😒

Most people who were there last night left buzzing about Zanatta and MacDonald. Didn’t you?

davemclaren

Panic, apparently. 

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I find it astonishing that there are fans who think nothing has been done to treat his injury. 

What's been done apart from rest 

davemclaren
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Most people who were there last night left buzzing about Zanatta and MacDonald. Didn’t you?

I usually hate friendlies but I certainly enjoyed the game last night. 

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I usually hate friendlies but I certainly enjoyed the game last night. 

Very enjoyable and great to see some of the one touch link up in the final third 👍🏻

Sorry but what a mess.

We knew Djoum and Lee were away and Haring was struggling.

We should have adressed this long before now.

Its going to be tough test this Friday night.

Edited by Lambo85

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Sorry but what a mess.

We knew Djoum and Lee were away and Haring was struggling.

We should have adressed this long before now.

Its going to be tough test this Friday night.

Sean Clare going to play centre mid, time for the Likes of Cochrane and Irving to step forward , Edwards showed in cup final given chance he's capable and bozanic there aswell 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He runs about, like Uche.

True. I mean, I wouldn't wanna upset the big fella either mind you 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Im confused, I thought friendlies mean nothing? How can you possibly be left buzzing at players performances yet not disappointed when it’s a poor one? 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Actually Clare Edwards and bozanic isn’t too bad 

Not great either I might add 

18Jambo_dave74

Haring being out adds to our central midfield issues as obviously Djoum and Lee have now gone/unavailable. Senior players available are Bozanic, Edwards and I'm assuming Clare. 

Left back looks weak as I don't think White or Hickey have really featured over pre-season much. I'm assuming Burns will fill in there in the meantime.

In terms of midfield creativity, Naismith has yet to sign and Walker hasn't had any game time.

Up front, again I think Washington and Uche have maybe played about 45 mins each so far in pre-season.

Hopefully we can get through Friday night's game and grab a win as we should be able to win the other three group games pretty comfortably and would give us time to bring other members of the squad up to full fitness. It's a pity that what looks to be like the pivotal game in the group is the very first game to be played. 

12 hours ago, jamborich said:

I find this astonishing we are about to start a new season and feck all has been done to sort his injury problem 

and how do you know that...are you part of the physio team or just jumping on the negativity band-wagon like far too many on here???????

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sean Clare going to play centre mid, time for the Likes of Cochrane and Irving to step forward , Edwards showed in cup final given chance he's capable and bozanic there aswell 

So it’s time for back up players and youngsters to step up to cover for positions that should have been priority? 

Inch Hearts
Just now, wallace_mercer said:

Actually Clare Edwards and bozanic isn’t too bad 

Not great either I might add 

Against St Mirren and Hamilton maybe. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Simmo said:

and how do you know that...are you part of the physio team or just jumping on the negativity band-wagon like far too many on here???????

What has been done then? Get us on the positive bandwagon.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So it’s time for back up players and youngsters to step up to cover for positions that should have been priority? 

What's the point of having academy if we not going to play the kids ? Look at Celtic for example! Didn't hesitate to throw in Tierney, McGregor, Forrest from young age and they stayed in given chance

Inch Hearts
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's the point of having academy if we not going to play the kids ? Look at Celtic for example! Didn't hesitate to throw in Tierney, McGregor, Forrest from young age and they stayed in given chance

I don’t think they got games for Celtic as emergency’s at the start of a season. In fact they would have been brought in when games where less meaningful to build confidence.  It could go to the opposite way playing the youngsters at the beginning of a season because there’s no other options. 

Nookie Bear
30 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Apart from goalkeeper, left mid, centre mid and striker you’re totally right. 🙄

No team has all their players match fit and match sharp right now. The league cup ties are glorified pre-season games and three years ago at this point we’d have four friendly matches ahead. 

Jeez :facepalm:

NewHearts mentality right there, folks.