• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

loveofthegame

Is it just me who is seriously worried about our centre midfield for the coming season?!

A holding mid struggling to shake off a long term injury, two largely unproven youngsters & a bunch of guys who are mid table players...

4 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Is it just me who is seriously worried about our centre midfield for the coming season?!

A holding mid struggling to shake off a long term injury, two largely unproven youngsters & a bunch of guys who are mid table players...

Indeed. Makes it even more strange that we may let Lee go. Really missing some quality in there. Missed a trick with Bryson sadly.

Madjambo21
8 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Think we will struggle to create a lot of chances unless it's our forwards (Uche, Naismith) making it for themselves.

To be honest, if we are taking this season seriously, we quite clearly need another central midfielder.   Even if Haring fine.

28 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Totally agree, weakest part of the team. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its beginning to look like a shambles. 

Coming from a moderate,  lose on Friday night it puts us in a dark place before we start. 

Midfield has not been addressed 

Jambof3tornado

Its not like this has crept up on us. We knew Djoum was all but gone and they have known for even longer that Haring still isnt right but we still tell Lee he can go if he finds a club.

Risking Haring in the final was the right call given what was at stake. Time to be realistic about our engine room, its weak as hell. Is mulumbu the answer? We certainly need to act ASAP.

Middle of the park is a big problem. It wasn't a strong area last season as we lacked a player who could link midfield and attack. Djoum has left, Lee will likely go and Haring isn't fit so we are now in a weaker position.

We need 2 centre midfielders not just 1.

Rocky jamboa

I would be very surprised if we dont being in at least 1 decent CM before the end of the month. CL is surely working behind the scenes to bring one or two in so I'm not overly concerned for now. 

I find this astonishing we are about to start a new season and feck all has been done to sort his injury problem 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I find this astonishing we are about to start a new season and feck all has been done to sort his injury problem 

What would you suggest?

Sad state of affairs but feel like I am already writing next season off as another mid table slog. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What would you suggest?

We knew last season he had a problem but we continued to play him, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Haring but it was wrong to keep playing him we are now paying the price.

Famous 1874

Shambles that we have not signed a central midfielder and the only one that is currently good enough is injured.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Nah, we need one if not two good players in there. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, jamborich said:

We knew last season he had a problem but we continued to play him, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Haring but it was wrong to keep playing him we are now paying the price.

We rested him for the cup final. He played well in our most important game for several sesons imo.  

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We rested him for the cup final. He played well in our most important gsme for several sesons imo.  

Just shows how lacking in midfield  we are rather than sort his problem we rest him hoping he can do the business in the cup final. Poor call imo we need him now

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Just shows how lacking in midfield  we are rather than sort his problem we rest him hoping he can do the business in the cup final. Poor call imo we need him now

We needed him then as well. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We rested him for the cup final. He played well in our most important game for several sesons imo.  

I think he meant from October until the winter break.

Pasquale for King

We just thought it would miraculously heal in the 5 weeks he was off, it didn’t heal in that time before the final.

Here we go with injuries again and the season hasn’t even started.

We were looking a bit weak in there already with Clare/Cochrane/Edwards and Bozanic as our options alongside Haring, if he wants to play 433.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We just thought it would miraculously heal in the 5 weeks he was off, it didn’t heal in that time before the final.

Here we go with injuries again and the season hasn’t even started.

We were looking a bit weak in there already with Clare/Cochrane/Edwards and Bozanic as our options alongside Haring, if he wants to play 433.

Amazing you didn't mention that before today's news.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Amazing you didn't mention that before today's news.

Why would I (I was querying Levein in case you missed that) I just thought he was taking time to get fit and was behind the others. 

We could get into the old boring debate about our medical staff but why derail another thread.

I was thinking about Halkett playing in there and then noticed you and others had mentioned it too. We might see him in there on Friday.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Pretty sure we will be scouting AFCON for players.

I hope so, just so when the guy makes a mistake our minority of racists can call him lazy and a wage thief, it’s a tradition (check the Djoum/Isma/Oshiniwa/Obua/Kingston threads).

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope so, just so when the guy makes a mistake our minority of racists can call him lazy and a wage thief, it’s a tradition (check the Djoum/Isma/Oshiniwa/Obua/Kingston threads).

I'm pretty sure the majority of racists in our support struggle to see Clare and Mulraney from a distance due to age, and they probably think they just spent too long in Magaluf.

Question marks surrounding the way Haring has been brought back too early after his hernia operation. 

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I'm pretty sure the majority of racists in our support struggle to see Clare and Mulraney from a distance due to age, and they probably think they just spent too long in Magaluf.

What's the script with Dikamona then? 

I'm guessing fear

Cruyff Turn

Said it in another thread, I think we can get by with whoever alongside Haring but we have absolutely no cover for Haring and without him we have no protection infront of the defence, we’d be completely powderpuff without him. 

It has gone from a “we’ll wait and see what happens” to the most critical position on the park that needs to be addressed. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Two awful posts.

??

Tynecastle Valhalla

We have clare, Cochrane, bozanic and Irving that can all play there 

suspect it will be two from those four 

i wish jj was my dad

Not sure why pants are getting wet. Of course Haring will be missed but he has said he is looking at  cover.  Just because this is the first time he has mentioned it doesn't mean that he has only just started looking. In the meantime we still have the likes of Irving who can play in that role. 

6 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

You're not alone I'm seriously worried about it too 

Our midfield requires an injection of real quality, even if Haring was fit and functioning, but I don't think it will happen. Mediocrity and/or injury prone is our recruitment policy. 

True, quality costs. But if we can afford to squander cash on rubbish (we clearly can as Levein's done it consistently) then we can afford one high quality midfielder. 

We haven't kicked a competitive ball yet but this coming season just screams more of the same. 

Depressing. 

fabienleclerq

Our CM was poor last year, for some reason we haven't bothered strengthening. Now we have lost Djoum and probably Lee (both of Which we must've known about) and Haring is injured. 

We will sign a last minute no mark and say something about waiting till the last minute as players have missed out on clubs at a higher level and lowered their expectations. 

Finlay James

Well, this is a depressing thread even by JKB standards ?

We're playing Dundee Utd on Friday, not Barcelona.  We have other options aside from Haring.  Michael Smith in there would be my shout.

Going forward, Levein has known for a while that we were losing players in there and that Harings injury has not healed at the pace he had hoped.  You can bet that we will have someone lined up as a replacement.

johnking123

We always seem to sort one area and leave another short for the start of the season. Not well planned out.

Funny how threads on kickback differ from day to day ?

Yesterday was reading ridiculous shouts of finishing 3rd on an "expectations for season" thread to this were season over before started.?

People on here acting like the word coming out of the club is how it actually is.

Obviously some people never learn.

Football is business and in business you keep your cards close to your chest. Otherwise you might look desperate players cost more money.

Levein has said for years that if a player comes up who could improve the team and the money is right then we will try to sign them. Just because the club said we are only signing 4 players doesn't make it true.

Chances are we have had a shortlist of midfielders drawn up for a while now.

Captain Canada

I know Smith could do a job in Haring's role but we need him more at right back as we don't have a good backup to him at the moment. Brandon just seems to want to foul all the time and doesn't offer anything in an attacking sense. 

We have a lot of central midfielders but no balance in there again. Besides Haring, most of the options are pretty similar types of player. I've been going on about this for a while but we're crying out for an Adao type of player. 

loveofthegame

What’s really frustrating is Levein was (rightly) slaughtered at times last season for lack of width/creativity in the team. He’s finally sought to fix that but at the same time has managed to neglect an area where we were previously strong and left us short, again, this time in a different but just as key area of the pitch.

Hope he has Mulumbu up his sleeve...

I'm  a wee bit annoyed that we missed out on Bryson to be honest. I think they knew Djoum was for the off and Haring is having difficulty with injuries. Still have faith though don't think management have been sitting on their hands might be a wee surprise yet to come. Not ITK by the way.

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

I know Smith could do a job in Haring's role but we need him more at right back as we don't have a good backup to him at the moment. Brandon just seems to want to foul all the time and doesn't offer anything in an attacking sense. 

We have a lot of central midfielders but no balance in there again. Besides Haring, most of the options are pretty similar types of player. I've been going on about this for a while but we're crying out for an Adao type of player. 

I might pack it in if we go back to Smith at CM.

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Nope. Its got mid table mediocrity written all over it....again.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Middle of the park is a big problem. It wasn't a strong area last season as we lacked a player who could link midfield and attack. Djoum has left, Lee will likely go and Haring isn't fit so we are now in a weaker position.

We need 2 centre midfielders not just 1.

Looks like it.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Depressing.  Walker and now Haring.  Who's next.

We are carrying a lot of recurring injury risk in that squad and dont have cover for a lot of it yet. If we dont sort it there is potential for similar season to last, but probably with tougher cup draws.

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah, we need one if not two good players in there. 

Which we currently don’t have. 

Dalstonjambo
7 hours ago, jamborich said:

What unfit

Yes. Even when unfit Haring was great in the cup final. As was highlighted by Celtic waltzing through his area of the field 90 seconds after he went off and scored the winner. Playing him in the cup final was the right decision.