Godhino to Germany

sum31uk

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned as it’s on twitter. German media reporting that Marcus Godhino has signed for German 3rd divison side FSV Zwickau. 

https://www.liga-drei.de/fsv-zwickau-godinho-kommt-aus-schottland/

Best of luck to the guy! 

Edit: I see this has already been mentioned in the transfer thread. 

Edited by sum31uk
Saw mentioned elsewhere

Shanks said no

The FSV Zwickau has strengthened on the defensive wing and presented to Marcus Godinho. The 22-year-old comes from the Scottish first division Heart of Midlothian and signs a contract with the "swans" until 2021.

"We are delighted that we could sign a right-back with Marcus, who can be used in the back four and also in the triple chain system. He has already performed well in the Scottish 1st League and also in the Canadian A-national team and we are convinced that he will be able to prove that in the 3rd league as well, " said sporting director Toni Wachsmuth.

Recently at the Gold Cup in action
Godinho, who owns not only the Canadian but also the Portuguese citizenship, moved in the summer of 2016 from his home in the offspring of Hearts. After a one-year loan to the fourth-rate League Two to the Berwick Rangers, he came in the past season for Midlothian in twelve league games used. He scored one goal and prepared two more.

For the Canadian national team, he ran a total of four times, three times at the end of June ended Gold Cup. The continental championship was Godinho and his country in the quarterfinals final stop.

FSV coach Joe Enochs now has another alternative on the right. In the past season Morris Schröter was set there from the 13th matchday.

Hungry hippo

I think it was definitely time to make the  call and release either Brandon or Godinho. Don't think there's much between them so happy either way. 

Good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's surely better than the third tier of German football? 

Best of luck. 

My thoughts too, wonder if this team has a bit of dosh or something?

Mind you, not hard to imagine him in English 3rd tier at Blackpool or something

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Reasonable move for all parties.

Best of luck Marcus.

letsalldothebeattie

Good luck to him. Was always going to be difficult for the lad with Smith our first choice RB & also having Brandon back fit as well. 

Hope the move works out for him

9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Best of luck. 

I'll just copy my post from the other thread... 

The standard of the 3. Liga isn't that bad. SPFL Championship or lower Premiership I'd say. 

And before anyone says "And how much 3. Liga have you watched?", a fair bit is the answer. 

indianajones
Just now, Normthebarman said:

I'll just copy my post from the other thread... 

The standard of the 3. Liga isn't that bad. SPFL Championship or lower Premiership I'd say. 

And before anyone says "And how much 3. Liga have you watched?", a fair bit is the answer. 

I know absolutely nothing about 3.liga to be honest. Just my initial uninformed opinion to the news! 

Knowing German football standard on the whole you are probaby correct in your comparisons. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

After a one-year loan to the fourth-rate League Two to the Berwick Rangers, he came in the past season for Midlothian in twelve league games used. He scored one goal and prepared two more.

Bit hard on the Borderers.  Taking another kick when they are down from a third rate German side.

ToadKiller Dog

A good season or so at that level, he could be picked up by a higher level German side easy. 

He wanted more game time which he wasn't going to get with us so fair enough.. 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Best of luck. 

Not necessarily. Standard of the game in Germany will still be pretty high and the 3. Liga is even in Fifa video games and still reasonably well thought of even if its not a club who are a household name. Some sizeable clubs in that division 1860 Munich, Hansa Rostock, Duisburg, Kaiserslautern etc

Would you have thought the same had he went to Livingston, Luton, Falkirk?

i wish jj was my dad

Good luck to him.  I think he is way behind Smiffy and we have better options for cover IMO so best all round..

The Internet

Can see him kicking on and rising through the leagues over there tbh. Good move for him and the club he's gone to.

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Can see him kicking on and rising through the leagues over there tbh. Good move for him and the club he's gone to.

Does he not have long term injury problems that limit the number of games he plays?

The Internet
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Does he not have long term injury problems that limit the number of games he plays?

Not sure. Wasnt aware of it if he does. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not sure. Wasnt aware of it if he does. 

I seem to remember him having problems with his knees.

Shanks said no
37 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Not necessarily. Standard of the game in Germany will still be pretty high and the 3. Liga is even in Fifa video games and still reasonably well thought of even if its not a club who are a household name. Some sizeable clubs in that division 1860 Munich, Hansa Rostock, Duisburg, Kaiserslautern etc

Would you have thought the same had he went to Livingston, Luton, Falkirk?

Did someone mention Hansa Rostock?

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The FSV Zwickau has strengthened on the defensive wing and presented to Marcus Godinho. The 22-year-old comes from the Scottish first division Heart of Midlothian and signs a contract with the "swans" until 2021.

"We are delighted that we could sign a right-back with Marcus, who can be used in the back four and also in the triple chain system. He has already performed well in the Scottish 1st League and also in the Canadian A-national team and we are convinced that he will be able to prove that in the 3rd league as well, " said sporting director Toni Wachsmuth.

Recently at the Gold Cup in action
Godinho, who owns not only the Canadian but also the Portuguese citizenship, moved in the summer of 2016 from his home in the offspring of Hearts. After a one-year loan to the fourth-rate League Two to the Berwick Rangers, he came in the past season for Midlothian in twelve league games used. He scored one goal and prepared two more.

For the Canadian national team, he ran a total of four times, three times at the end of June ended Gold Cup. The continental championship was Godinho and his country in the quarterfinals final stop.

FSV coach Joe Enochs now has another alternative on the right. In the past season Morris Schröter was set there from the 13th matchday.

I think I’ll need to watch them to see this triple chain system in place. Seems like a wwe cage match! 

Dallas Green

Good luck to him. Thought he was a decent player but will need game time, something he probably won't get here with Smith and Brandon ahead of him.

Famous 1874
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Good luck to him.

Brandon next please.

Agreed.

Get someone better in to compete with Smith

Love the German lower tiers,  utter goldmine for friday night gambling!

Hope all works out for the lad!

Portable Badger
21 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Apparently we have got a sell on clause too

Levein confirmed there's a sell-on percentage but obviously he doesn't mention what that % is.

On 08/07/2019 at 18:19, indianajones said:

Best of luck. 

I'd say so. Good luck lad.