Sir Rudolf Skacel

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Apologies as I am a bit merry.

Never have I seen a left footed midfielder like him. Just watched the full 2012 cup final and was in awe of him. He didnt try a bit to chase the ball down but oh my lord, when he had the ball, he was the business.

I ****ing love him. 

What a player. He orchestrated our team. I would genuinely leave my wife for him!

Robbo is my first love but I would cheat on him with Rudi. 

Madjambo21

??? 

Was a class player and just click with Hearts.

Love him to bits too. 

Enjoy the hangover tomorrow ??

I described him in that game as a lurking menace.  I agree that he wasn't much involved but when he was it was devastating.  Simply far too good for Hibs.

On reflection, I wish he had seen a lot more of the ball in that last 30 minutes in particular, when they were down to 10.

It could have been 10 easily.  Why oh why did we go easy on them.

That’s where I’m at. We should have put them to the sword instead of accepting our 4 goal margin.

Had Locky been in charge he would’ve had us going all out for their jugular for 90 mins. 7 or 8 would’ve been nice and it could’ve been possible. 

HHGH

Love Rudi. 

I'll go against the grain about the jugular/should have been 10 stuff, however. I felt at the time that Paulo's game management was the way to go. His job and only aim was to win us that final. A game that, quite simply, we had to win. At 4-1 that job was as good as done.

Hibs were abysmal but Griffiths was/is capable of picking the ball up and, out of nowhere, hitting the back of the net. 4-2, albeit against 10 men, would have set me on edge again and 4-2 could have become 4-3 in the blink of an eye. I'd have been hiding in the bog if that had happened. 

Paulo was a 4/5 year old boy at the time of 0-7 (me too, as it goes) and he was in Portugal. He had no responsibility to take numerical revenge. He didn't have too. 4-1, and subsequently 5-1, in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time, surely trumps the 1973 game. Holding on to the 2-1 HT lead would have done that, imo, on such a momentous occasion. 

Scottish Cup final 2011/12:

Heart of Midlothian 5 Hibernian 1.

Sometimes, even now, I have to reassure myself that it really did happen and it's not just the same old daydream I'd had since I was a bairn. 

Love Rudi even more now.

Edited by martoon

The Gorgie

Had he played for either of the glasgow idiots he would be talked about in the same way as Larsson, Laudrup, gazza and so on. Truly is one of the best players to grace Scottish football in my life time.

14 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Had he played for either of the glasgow idiots he would be talked about in the same way as Larsson, Laudrup, gazza and so on. Truly is one of the best players to grace Scottish football in my life time.

Yup. They cream themselves over Moravcik but Rudi was every bit the player as he was. 

Montgomery Brewster
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I described him in that game as a lurking menace.  I agree that he wasn't much involved but when he was it was devastating.  Simply far too good for Hibs.

On reflection, I wish he had seen a lot more of the ball in that last 30 minutes in particular, when they were down to 10.

This will always annoy me. Having lived through the 1973 derby and had it rammed down our throats throughout the 70’s - this was an opportunity passed up by us. 

FTH

part_time_jambo

Any more goals and we would have been denied all those great photos of people doing the 5-1.

Brighton Jambo

This is the one and only time I can claim to be in the know!  

I know a couple of the players from that final, one pretty well, he told me that they were friendly with a few of the Hibs boys off the field and the feeling was that if they went on to score 7/8/9 goals it could have ruined/ended people’s careers and they didn’t want that.  They knew 5-1 was more than enough of a humiliation.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Interesting BJ.

It certainly didn't do Matt Doherty any harm. From being ripped a new chocolate box by Driver to becoming a very good Premiership player takes some doing. 

He should be grateful but personally I wanted double figures, which could have been done because the vermin were shot to shit.

:fth:

Good point regarding Driver. Many don't realise he was awarded the MOM and are under the impression that it was given to Black that glorious day. 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I actually wasn't aware of that. 

TBF, the whole squad could have been awarded it (apart from Jamma for conceding a goal to McPake ?). 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good point regarding Driver. Many don't realise he was awarded the MOM and are under the impression that it was given to Black that glorious day. 

I honestly didn’t know that either!?! Was that by Sky or the official match sponsors/delegates? (Sorry for the question on a Sunday morning!) HHGH!

Robbo-Jambo
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

never forget his as pissed as a fart after the match.

Aye him and Ian Black getting interviewed coming off the bus at Tynecastle. ??

Rick James

I don't think I recall many occasions where he worked hard off the ball, especially in his 2nd spell. :lol:

He didn't have to though. ****ing players like Rudi. Players who effortlessly glide through games, and from absolute nothing, can just turn the style on.

Samuel Camazzola
28 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

I honestly didn’t know that either!?! Was that by Sky or the official match sponsors/delegates? (Sorry for the question on a Sunday morning!) HHGH!

Matchday sponsor (William Hill?). One of the broadcasters gave it to Rudi though. 

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Matchday sponsor (William Hill?). One of the broadcasters gave it to Rudi though. 

Cheers mate ?