Sign in to follow this  
Captain Sausage

Edinburgh Fringe 2019

Gashauskis9
On 08/07/2019 at 00:55, Bigsmak said:

Police Cops - They were brilliant last year - 

The Showhawk Duo  - Could be worth seeing, always entertain on their videos.   

Showhawk Duo are a must see.  Seen them every year for the last four years, cracking band live and great nostalgic  atmosphere at the gigs.

RobNox
On 14/08/2019 at 09:09, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Stephen Buchanan is very good, on at the Cellar @ Pleasance. Think it was only £10/15 as well.

The Voldemort and Thrones parody musicals are great as well.

Trainspotting live is an experience.

War of Two Halves is a must; see separate thread(s) on it.

I saw him too and enjoyed the show.  Also went to see Stuart McPherson at the Monkey Barrel, and really enjoyed his show.  It's £5 to pre-order, or turn up for free and pay what you want, assuming you are able to get in.  I pre-ordered and it was well worth a fiver.

Just been to see Jerry Sadowitz yesterday evening, and I was in tears of laughter as ever at the stuff he comes out with.  A few people walked out, as is par for the course with Jerry.

Ray Gin

Stewart Lee was excellent on Wednesday night. :) 

Dino Velvet
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I saw him too and enjoyed the show.  Also went to see Stuart McPherson at the Monkey Barrel, and really enjoyed his show.  It's £5 to pre-order, or turn up for free and pay what you want, assuming you are able to get in.  I pre-ordered and it was well worth a fiver.

Just been to see Jerry Sadowitz yesterday evening, and I was in tears of laughter as ever at the stuff he comes out with.  A few people walked out, as is par for the course with Jerry.

I sat next to a guy once who was threatening to punch Jerry. 

Who goes to these types of stand ups with that type of mindset. 

I went to see ‘an Evening without Kate bush’. 

Free show at the voodoo rooms. 

the general

Ed Gamble was good last night 

RobNox

I went to see James McNicholas show, 'the boxer' at the Pleasance Courtyard yesterday. 

His grandfather was Terry Downes, who was briefly world middleweight champion in the early 1960s and also fought for the world heavyweight title.  The show is a series of chapters (or rounds) which fluctuate back and forth between telling the story of his grandfather and contrasting that with his own life so far.

It was really enjoyable, the stories are told with a lot of humour, and there are some unexpected twists and touching moments towards the end.  I'd highly recommend it, no need to be a boxing fan to enjoy it.

the general

Josh widdecombe was decent yesterday