Austin McP

Tommy Walker

spoke to austin at his brother`s wedding recently. he said he was excited for the new season. i may have told him willie collum was a ******* cheating **** though! :vrface:

“All the things Craig does through his role as director of football are for the long-term good of the club. 

Who's the manager then?

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

“All the things Craig does through his role as director of football are for the long-term good of the club. 

Who's the manager then?

That's a good question. Perhaps the projects, gambles and risks that form a big part of our recruitment drive also extend into the managerial sphere.it would be interesting to know how Jon Daly went from temporary manager, CL's personal choice and interviewee for the vacant post back in 2017, to a role that is behind MacPhee in the pecking order. 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's a good question. Perhaps the projects, gambles and risks that form a big part of our recruitment drive also extend into the managerial sphere.it would be interesting to know how Jon Daly went from temporary manager, CL's personal choice and interviewee for the vacant post back in 2017, to a role that is behind MacPhee in the pecking order. 

I'll be accused of being a tin hat conspiracy theorist but it's looking more and more that MacPhee is the manager and Levein just oversees things. 

He never wanted to be a manager again. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just now, Aich E Eh said:

I'll be accused of being a tin hat conspiracy theorist but it's looking more and more that MacPhee is the manager and Levein just over looks things. 

Dear ****** Lord. 

13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Dear ****** Lord. 

Open your mind. 

If you watch Levein he constantly looks to Macphee for answers during games. 

Macphee has admitted in his interview that he's signed players and takes responsibility for us losing or winning.

He's just said that Levein is director of football. 

He's also turned down a load of big money moves, to be an assistant?

It's not like I've just plucked this theory out of thin air. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Aich E Eh said:

Open your mind. 

If you watch Levein he constantly looks to Macphee for answers during games. 

Macphee has admitted in his interview that he's signed players and takes responsibility for us losing or winning.

He's just said that Levein is director of football. 

He's also turned down a load of big money moves, to be an assistant?

It's not like I've just plucked this theory out of thing air. 

Yes, yes you have. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Aich E Eh said:

Aye ok. 

Another low counter on the anti-Levein ticket.

Brand new mate, aye? 1st time here, aye?

**** me. You put 3 on ignore, 4 take their place. 

Gonna be paying your fiver membership? Donate? :rofl:

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

I'll be accused of being a tin hat conspiracy theorist but it's looking more and more that MacPhee is the manager and Levein just oversees things. 

16 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

It does look like that to be fair. But what was the chain of events that led to him jumping ahead of Daly?. AB is good at communicating as far as off-field matters go but there isn't a lot of transparency on the football side to be honest. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, tedarmy said:

spoke to austin at his brother`s wedding recently. he said he was excited for the new season. i may have told him willie collum was a ******* cheating **** though! :vrface:

What's his brother's hair like?

rick witter
7 hours ago, Wilson said:

But you fail to mention the last paragraph in the article . If results aren’t there he won’t still be here. 

Queen Ann has spoken today saying we must improve this year so it will most likely be the last year of Levein and Mcphee thank god!!  

We are nowhere near good enough to achieve 4th unless there are more players coming in. 

Bridge of Djoum
37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

33 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

11 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Queen Ann has spoken today saying we must improve this year so it will most likely be the last year of Levein and Mcphee thank god!!  

We are nowhere near good enough to achieve 4th unless there are more players coming in. 

If you compare our squad against Hibs I would say we have the better players by a mile. 

I just don't think we have the right manager in place. 

rick witter
4 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

If you compare our squad against Hibs I would say we have the better players by a mile. 

I just don't think we have the right manager in place. 

But Hibs finished fifth!! 

I get your point but we have 16 points to make up on Aberdeen. Maybe they are slightly weaker but I don’t think we are going to be much better than we were last year due to the same midfield problem we have had for years. 

Well, the impression I get is that Levein and NcPhee are desperate for Hearts to succeed on the park.  They haven't got agents sniffing around at clubs like Perborough of whatever looking for jobs.

I like desperate.

Our entire management and coaching staff are sub standard. I'm not too sure how anyone can argue against this. We lose as many as we win, we have poor discipline, we score few goals, make too many poor signings, we get too many injuries, our home form is poor, we don't get the best out our players, we play dreadful football, miss too many penalties, don't dominate derbies anymore, don't qualify for Europe and they still after 3 years do not know our best XI.

They may as well give our oposition our team sheet, formation and strategy on the Monday norning as they always seem to predict anyway.

Edited by i8hibsh

Cut The Crap

Seems a decent sort and I’ve non doubt he works hard. I wish all that translated into good football and better results though.

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our entire management and coaching staff are sub standard. I'm not too sure how anyone can argue against this. We lose as many as we win, we have poor discipline, we score few goals, make too many poor signings, we get too many injuries, our home form is poor, we don't get the best out our players, we play dreadful football, miss too many penalties, don't dominate derbies anymore, don't qualify for Europe and they still after 3 years do not know our best XI.

They may as well give our oposition our team sheet, formation and strategy on the Monday norning as they always seem to predict anyway.

Another brilliant positive post. I don’t honestly know why you support Hearts at all as all you do is slag the club with negative comments. As soon as you see your posts you just know it will be having a go at something or somebody.

The_razors_edge

A friend of mine was on a stag do recently with AM. He confirmed the team will be built round Naismith (that won’t really come as a shock to anyone) and that we’re likely to be playing 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 this season. Slight concern for me is that we’re chucking all our eggs in one basket with Naismith like we did last season. Which is a problem is his knee packs in again. 

18 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:laugh: what a ridiculous post. School holidays I suppose. 

I don't think Austin was saying he's chuffed with two defeats to Celtic and folk are being intentionally obtuse if that's what they are making out. We nearly beat Celtic in the cup final, a game no one, including most on here, gave us a chance in. And aye, failure is failure still. But what he saying is if they can get that same approach to the game correct in all games, we will consistently win games.

I like him, think he's a loyal, hard working and intelligent guy who cares about the job. I reckon he'll go on to very good things but like with everything, the results probably need to start coming sooner rather than later now, otherwise this sort of interview, as impressive as he is, will look like all talk and no action. I reckon we'll see that improvement this year though. Genuinely feels like something great is close. 

Think you quoted the wrong post. 

DalryJambo
23 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I like Austin, I don’t want him to leave or to be sacked, I want him to adapt. That was my point. Highlighting two defeats as a measure of him being satisfied with our preparation doesn’t scream that they’ve acknowledged our short comings from last season.

You can lose a game and be happy with the performance though? You can’t be so blinkered in simply saying a win is good and a loss is bad?  You could play rubbish and win 1-0 against an amateur team or play like hero’s and get beat 2-0 by Barcelona. This being the case every win and lose should be judged on something more than just the result. 

Edited by DalryJambo

If we didn't lose 90% of our first team players to injury for a fair whack of the season, nearly everybody here would be saying completely different things about how good a season we had. 

Fully aware that in the end;  we didn't have a good season, but to me, most of you seem to forget that we lost literally the spine of our team. We were the best team and football playing team in league by a country mile until that point. 

I think we can have a similar start and we won't get injury hit like that again. (I hope)

All IMO however.

I'm glad we have Macphee and it's good to hear people turning down offers elsewhere to stay. 

So many people have good things to say about the club, there's clearly something pretty decent going on in the background.

Edited by Blacky87

JamboAndrew
27 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

A friend of mine was on a stag do recently with AM. He confirmed the team will be built round Naismith (that won’t really come as a shock to anyone) and that we’re likely to be playing 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 this season. Slight concern for me is that we’re chucking all our eggs in one basket with Naismith like we did last season. Which is a problem is his knee packs in again. 

For me this is why Walker is back. Last year, when Naismith's knee said no, we genuinely had no alternative. I don't think we realised just how much we would rely on him until he was gone. And with our budget, you can't have a like for like replacement waiting.

If JW was here last season he could have slotted in, and the JW I remember, would have done a good job. Not a like for like, but should do a good job in the same role, and a role where pace isn't the most important attribute.

The_razors_edge
35 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

For me this is why Walker is back. Last year, when Naismith's knee said no, we genuinely had no alternative. I don't think we realised just how much we would rely on him until he was gone. And with our budget, you can't have a like for like replacement waiting.

If JW was here last season he could have slotted in, and the JW I remember, would have done a good job. Not a like for like, but should do a good job in the same role, and a role where pace isn't the most important attribute.

That may be the case. However, when we lost Naismith last season we didn’t just lose a guy who contributed goals, we also lost a guy who contributed leadership, experience and competitiveness - his ability to orchestrate the team from the front was vital in the first 3 months of the season. Those attributes were undoubtedly just as big a loss as his goals. We won’t be getting that from Jamie Walker if he slots in for Naismith.

JamboAndrew
26 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

That may be the case. However, when we lost Naismith last season we didn’t just lose a guy who contributed goals, we also lost a guy who contributed leadership, experience and competitiveness - his ability to orchestrate the team from the front was vital in the first 3 months of the season. Those attributes were undoubtedly just as big a loss as his goals. We won’t be getting that from Jamie Walker if he slots in for Naismith.

Agree. And more leadership across the park is really essential. If IRC Berra was out at the same time as well. Our other natural leader.

As much as I love the man I saw a real drop from his usual standards when he came back.

But we do seem to lack a real leader bang in the middle of the park, and have for a while. 

On 06/07/2019 at 10:53, rudi must stay said:

He comes across brilliantly from that.

Great article

Agreed. Brilliant article and makes me proud to have him at the Club. He clearly has made it his choice. Was speaking to Don Cowie (great guy) at the final (still not watched it again 😭) and he said the players rate him very highly and he has the personality & knowledge to be a manager. I see the way our best and most experienced players (Naismith, Smith, Souttar, Berra) communicate with him at the games and there is clearly a mutual respect. Thought if Levein had won the Cup he might have gone upstairs and handed the reigns over. 

2 minutes ago, Stavropol said:

Agreed. Brilliant article and makes me proud to have him at the Club. He clearly has made it his choice. Was speaking to Don Cowie (great guy) at the final (still not watched it again 😭) and he said the players rate him very highly and he has the personality & knowledge to be a manager. I see the way our best and most experienced players (Naismith, Smith, Souttar, Berra) communicate with him at the games and there is clearly a mutual respect. Thought if Levein had won the Cup he might have gone upstairs and handed the reigns over. 

I've got two Hearts players who come into my work who say the same - excellent knowledge and great guy. Plus a guy who isn't scared to put his neck on the line with Lafferty or Washington before a ball is kicked!  Will be offered a manager's job soon enough I'm sure. The games he's stood in for CL we have won and his set-pieces are famous in the UK! Was in a pub in Spain this summer and a QPR fan mentioned them to me...