Hearts spend £100K on CCTV during close season

7628mm

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You are being infantile.

AB has stated publicly that the costs of the new stand are higher than we had budgeted and at the AGM the investment in women’s football was not made for commercial reasons.

We should remain grateful for everything AB has done for the club, but she has made mistakes and does get things wrong from time to time.

You just don’t seem to get it.

The money wasted on CCTV and women’s football could be spent of the 1st team. £250,000 would make a big difference to the squad. It could go along way to helping attract a pretty decent player.

Money is ''wasted'' on women's football and CCTV... And I don't get it?

Cavemen evolved, mate. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• McCrae

• davemclaren

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Money is ''wasted'' on women's football and CCTV... And I don't get it?

Hearts are not a charity. We are not a rich club. We are still rebuilding our team and spending money on women’s football now when it hasn’t got a chance of making us any money over the next 5 years is the wrong thing to do. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, McCrae said:

Hearts are not a charity. We are not a rich club. We are still rebuilding our team and spending money on women’s football now when it hasn’t got a chance of making us any money over the next 5 years is the wrong thing to do. 

Good business people look beyond 5 years. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Good business people look beyond 5 years. 

Very few will invest beyond 5 years if they can’t see a clear payback.

Our first team budget is under severe pressure this year and the lack of cash available is stopping us from signing more players.

This year our budget is getting no contribution from FOH. Everything is going towards paying AB back.  The overspend on the new stand has to be paid for and it’s coming from income that should be used to improve the first team.

24 minutes ago, farin said:

Yep, the new cctv was seriously needed as an upgrade tbh. Drones carrying 4K go pro’s would have been far cheaper but more invasive ? 

the drones would not have been cheaper as we would have to replace them after each game due to damage from the aerial bombardment of berras punts

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our first team budget is under severe pressure this year and the lack of cash available is stopping us from signing more players.

This year our budget is getting no contribution from FOH. Everything is going towards paying AB back.  The overspend on the new stand has to be paid for and it’s coming from income that should be used to improve the first team.

And not everything NEEDS to be turned into profit. 

Our ''mystery'' benefactor for instance. 

You are being so one-eyed and simplistic on this. It's just not worth the typing.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, milky_26 said:

the drones would not have been cheaper as we would have to replace them after each game due to damage from the aerial bombardment of berras punts

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I’d say our budget should be greater this year than last if you take into account the following:

Scottish Cup run - circa £1m

no new pitch - circa £1m

League Cup semi - circa £400k

The Stand is being paid for in stages and we chose to upgrade at lot of areas so not really all overspend as the moaners like to suggest. 

4 minutes ago, farin said:

Rfid chips inside the balls linked to the drones gps would’ve cancelled this out.?

the punts would break the rfid chips

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

I wouldn't know about the CCTV but it does look like we have overspent on the main stand to be fair.

Some say overspent, others, and quite rightly, point out we have upgraded on existing plans. 

I suppose opinions are decided upon whether you support the club and leadership or not. While I may not agree with everything Mrs Budge does, I trust her decisions more than any single KBer's opinion. There is a lunatic fringe here promoting the view she is somehow harming the club. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, greggy123 said:

What a waste of money, a few smoke bombs chucked by a couple kids she needs to get a grip. 

:phface:

46 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And not everything NEEDS to be turned into profit. 

Our ''mystery'' benefactor for instance. 

You are being so one-eyed and simplistic on this. It's just not worth the typing.

Glad you agree it’s not a commercially smart thing to do.

41 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I’d say our budget should be greater this year than last if you take into account the following:

Scottish Cup run - circa £1m

no new pitch - circa £1m

League Cup semi - circa £400k

The Stand is being paid for in stages and we chose to upgrade at lot of areas so not really all overspend as the moaners like to suggest. 

You could be right. In previous years player and management bonuses have eaten up the gains from cup runs. Maybe it’s different this time.

The lack of new players joining when we all know the squad is weak suggests we don’t have a lot of spare cash.

Bridge of Djoum
20 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Glad you agree it’s not a commercially smart thing to do.

That's not what I said and you know that. 

Won't reply to you again. It's pointless.

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That's not what I said and you know that. 

Won't reply to you again. It's pointless.

Probably a good idea.  You are not very good at debating and getting your point across.  Lack of facts and blind faith never wins.

Scnorthedinburgh
31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You could be right. In previous years player and management bonuses have eaten up the gains from cup runs. Maybe it’s different this time.

The lack of new players joining when we all know the squad is weak suggests we don’t have a lot of spare cash.

Would you be happy if we stopped the heart and sole of Edinburgh, made in gorgie, and all the nice things?

I love the fact we are now a club you can be proud of, helping the local area and wider area. The team is looking ok, we may win something.

If you think hearts at the moment are doing something wrong your wide of the mark.