Smoked-Glass

Old firm ones for August. 

Expect some more to be added soon. 

Derby hopefully stays on Saturday 

Back to the usual

Motherwell v Celtic Sat 10 Aug

St Mirren v Rangers Sun 25 Aug 

Rangers v Celtic Sun 1 Sept

The others are Championship some BT and the BBC ones announced earlier. 

Hearts of Vladland
18 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Old firm ones for August. 

Expect some more to be added soon. 

Derby hopefully stays on Saturday 

Being selfish but I want it on the Sunday as I arrive back from Florida at 7am on the Sunday.

Smoked-Glass
1 minute ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Being selfish but I want it on the Sunday as I arrive back from Florida at 7am on the Sunday.

Selifish lol

It's 50 50 mate 

Nothing will change. Both old firm clubs on tv away from home alternative weeks.  Then everyone else gets the odd live game throwing in.

Smoked-Glass
6 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

Nothing will change. Both old firm clubs on tv away from home alternative weeks.  Then everyone else gets the odd live game throwing in.

Good.  Mostly 3pm Saturday for us then. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
22 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

I go on holiday on the Saturday so I'm hoping for the Sunday too so I've got time to find a sports bar. ?

21 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

Pish set up. Misses top games too eg say Celtic v Aberdeen. 

The only positive remains the delayed full game transmission on Alba at 6pm of non Old Firm games. Sometimes can watch not knowing score. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Smoked-Glass
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pish set up. Misses top games too eg say Celtic v Aberdeen. 

The only positive remains the delayed full game transmission on Alba at 6pm of non Old Firm games. Sometimes can watch not knowing score. 

Celtic v Aberdeen is sometimes shown. 

There are 2 broadcasters so they can't just pick whichever erse cheek is away that weekend. 

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Celtic v Aberdeen is sometimes shown. 

There are 2 broadcasters so they can't just pick whichever erse cheek is away that weekend. 

Celtic home games outside first/last games and Old Firm are not shown very often. 

Also for example every Hearts v Aberdeen game in 15/16 was live. Next season with Rangers back non were. 

In England all the big games are shown. You would never get Man City v Liverepool or Arsenal v Man Utd 3pm Saturday. 

Smoked-Glass

Let's see.    We have 1 more year of BT and SKY combined.     

If we get 2 games per week it canny always be the old firm away that's on the box. 

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Our first game of the season away to Aberdeen is on a delayed broadcast on alba

cant remember exactly where I saw it (on twitter though) but it was confirmed just awaiting to see if it’s Saturday or Sunday depending obviously on the sheep in europe 

29 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Our first game of the season away to Aberdeen is on a delayed broadcast on alba

cant remember exactly where I saw it (on twitter though) but it was confirmed just awaiting to see if it’s Saturday or Sunday depending obviously on the sheep in europe 

Good stuff, cheers. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee United game next Friday. 

Nice. Cheers.

4 hours ago, it_hearts said:

I don’t understand why people care if the OF are always on the tele. 

More Hearts games at 3 o’clock the better

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Market forces dictate which games are shown. 

Its a most unfortunate fact, but nevertheless a fact, the pair of them generate most viewers most advertisers and there most revenue returns for investment.  It would be bad business not to 

132goals1958
4 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Let's see.    We have 1 more year of BT and SKY combined.     

If we get 2 games per week it canny always be the old firm away that's on the box. 

I got Premier sports last year to take in the odd game.If BT and Sky are sharing the fixtures there is probably no merit in keeping it on,

Smoked-Glass
53 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I got Premier sports last year to take in the odd game.If BT and Sky are sharing the fixtures there is probably no merit in keeping it on,

It only has the Scottish Cup as far as I know.  Final on bbc anyway 

8 hours ago, it_hearts said:

They should just call it

OLD FIRM AWAY TV

?

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Market forces dictate which games are shown. 

Its a most unfortunate fact, but nevertheless a fact, the pair of them generate most viewers most advertisers and there most revenue returns for investment.  It would be bad business not to 

Feckin sad isn’t it!!!

Im still pissed off they showed a 1-0 away win by Celtic at ICT instead off the 4-4 Derby game!! ?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Other than the 4 derbies, the 4 games at home vs the arse cheeks, and Celtic’s trophy day, can’t think of many other league games we were on tv last season other than the Motherwell game when Doyle sold the jerseys, Killie away in Feb, and the Livingston horror show (Aberdeen away end of season as well I think?) . Don’t expect us to have any more than 12ish this season either 

132goals1958
13 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

It only has the Scottish Cup as far as I know.  Final on bbc anyway 

Thanks for that. Hopefully I will be at the final anyhow. Think I will cancel  as £6.00 a month is relatively a poor return in terms of the games available particularly as in all likelihood I will be at the Hearts Scottish cup games.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really don't get why the OF get to dictate how few games are allowed to be shown at Parkhead/Ibrox. 

It’s the same for all clubs. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Didn't realise. Would have thought doing that would drive down the value of the deal? 

Good to know though, thanks :) 

Smoked-Glass
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really don't get why the OF get to dictate how few games are allowed to be shown at Parkhead/Ibrox. 

The Of don't dictate it, its the TV companies that pick the games

47 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The Of don't dictate it, its the TV companies that pick the games

My understanding was that they (OF) didn't like games at Parkhead and Ibrox. The TV companies would probably jump on any games they can get at those stadiums because invariably its 40k+

Dave clarified it, so not to worry :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Feckin sad isn’t it!!!

Im still pissed off they showed a 1-0 away win by Celtic at ICT instead off the 4-4 Derby game!! ?

Certainly is. If by some miracle we generate as much interest then it would change. 

But of course everything is set up to ensure it will never happen 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Not strictly true. Old Firm did dictate none of their games would be on Alba and the home game limit is also in place to protect them and them alone. They set that agenda a few years back now 

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not strictly true. Old Firm did dictate none of their games would be on Alba and the home game limit is also in place to protect them and them alone. They set that agenda a few years back now 

No idea about the alba thing and I don’t disagree re their rationale re the home game limit. 

Portable Badger

Have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the Title of this thread - I was getting all excited about a possible return of Blankety Blank !!

10 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Next year sky do all the coverage.  Can't say I'd be sorry to see the back of BT. 

You must be one of the few. BT's coverage of our league is streets ahead of Sky's. Kris Commons ffs.

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

You must be one of the few. BT's coverage of our league is streets ahead of Sky's. Kris Commons ffs.

meaning I like to have them all on the one channel.

i like sky for the other things you get such as Premiership,  Championship,  International qualifers,  Boxing, pool and recently Cricket.

Montgomery Brewster
11 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the Title of this thread - I was getting all excited about a possible return of Blankety Blank !!

Reveal the leg end !

10 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

meaning I like to have them all on the one channel.

i like sky for the other things you get such as Premiership,  Championship,  International qualifers,  Boxing, pool and recently Cricket.

Finding there's less and less I watch on Sky. Their schedule is pretty light these days - the number of repeats and 'playoff 2012 highlights' they have is ridiculous. 

Smoked-Glass
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Finding there's less and less I watch on Sky. Their schedule is pretty light these days - the number of repeats and 'playoff 2012 highlights' they have is ridiculous. 

Yes but the live coverage at weekend is good. 

I'm not a fan of champions league so suits me well.   

22 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Next year sky do all the coverage.  Can't say I'd be sorry to see the back of BT. 

You are most likely in a crowd of 1 to come out with that...BT have been absolutely fantastic for the Scottish game and other than not continuing their support, they cant be faulted at all...

Genuinely thought this season it was Sky and Premier showing Scottish footie - so do BT still have it this season? 

Smoked-Glass
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Genuinely thought this season it was Sky and Premier showing Scottish footie - so do BT still have it this season? 

I thought it was next.   Didn't know Premier were getting in on the league. 

So 1 more year of BT / sky 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

Summary of next year's deal is extra £10m for Scottish football but showing fewer games.     Only max of 48 games which is 12 less than current.  But all on the one broadcaster - SKY.