Ann Budge given Edinburgh Award

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, davyloveshertz said:

Get the impression you’re in with them mate ...you’re certainly no in with us boyz...sit doon in your corporate mate ..when was the last time you ate pie ??

In with them??? Not one of of you boyz??? Ate a pie??? ????

Maple Leaf
16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You can't keep a good West Pilton lassie down.

Well done Ann Budge. Very well deserved.

I'm pretty sure she came from Royston Mains, like all proper Jambos.  Maybe she moved to Pilton later.

Anyway, well done Ann.  :bravo:

Pans Jambo

Brilliant. Yet another thing we can all be proud of. Our chairwoman is just bloody fantastic!

Congrats Mrs B. 

Leveins Battalion

I listened to Ann Budges interviews on Radio Forth yesterday following her recent Edinburgh award.It did not fill me with any confidence that we are about to see any change in fortunes on the park this season.

Whilst reiterating that continued financial support is required from fans to keep apace with those around us,Hearts fans more than any other have backed our club,sooner rather than later the product on the pitch must improve.

I hope for all our sakes that the issues from previous seasons are being addressed across the board at the club.

I cant remember if the club issued an end of season review but if they did it would at least give us some light that they are aware that current performances are not good.enough.

Heres hoping to a more successful this time around.FTH

Armageddon

What's the point of this thread?

”I hope for all our sakes that the issues from previous seasons are being addressed across the board at the club.”

Yeah like the one where we spent 100x more than we had you mean?  Or the one where the stand was falling to pieces and would have been closed by now without throwing money down a hole to maintain it. Or the one where we gave our players to the Old Firm for 50p.  Or the one where we never had enough experienced players so we exposed and ruined our young players by having no option but to play them.  Or the post Burley era where we changed managers like the wind....

(I guess you don't actually mean any of the above though eh?)

20 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I listened to Ann Budges interviews on Radio Forth yesterday following her recent Edinburgh award.It did not fill me with any confidence that we are about to see any change in fortunes on the park this season.

Whilst reiterating that continued financial support is required from fans to keep apace with those around us,Hearts fans more than any other have backed our club,sooner rather than later the product on the pitch must improve.

I hope for all our sakes that the issues from previous seasons are being addressed across the board at the club.

I cant remember if the club issued an end of season review but if they did it would at least give us some light that they are aware that current performances are not good.enough.

Dreary me! The seasons not even started yet.

Edited by Deevers

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

”I hope for all our sakes that the issues from previous seasons are being addressed across the board at the club.”

Yeah like the one where we spent 100x more than we had you mean?  Or the one where the stand was falling to pieces and would have been closed by now without throwing money down a hole to maintain it. Or the one where we gave our players to the Old Firm for 50p.  Or the one where we never had enough experienced players so we exposed and ruined our young players by having no option but to play them.  Or the post Burley era where we changed managers like the wind....

Without a shadow of doubt the post of the year, well done you ?? 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Callum Paterson was part of the young players thrust into action,he seems to be doing alright for himself.

I assume you accept 6th place finishes as acceptable for a club the size of Hearts,I.do not.

I also do not appreciate the fortunes spent on unscouted players like Oshaniwa,Perry Kitchen etc etc,this is what I hope is addressed,if our budget so tight I'd expect in depth scouting of recruits.

Just now, Deevers said:

Dreary me! The seasons it even started yet.

Very difficult to type coherently when you are shaking with rage ?

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Very difficult to type coherently when you are shaking with rage ?

Yep. Lol.

I think we are spreading ourselves too thin and it’s impacting the performance of the first team.

Developing the main stand was the correct thing to do, but it’s been badly managed. It’s still not finished and the overspend could have been avoided with better planning and implementation.  

Our squad looks weak and has a lack of depth.   Our spending priorities should be focused on finishing the stadium and investing in the first team.

Everything else can wait until we have finished the stadium.

Edited by McCrae

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Callum Paterson was part of the young players thrust into action,he seems to be doing alright for himself.

I assume you accept 6th place finishes as acceptable for a club the size of Hearts,I.do not.

I also do not appreciate the fortunes spent on unscouted players like Oshaniwa,Perry Kitchen etc etc,this is what I hope is addressed,if our budget so tight I'd expect in depth scouting of recruits.

If our budget is tight, how do we fund in depth scouting of recruits???

I dont want to see money wasted on Martins etc.

I'm not convinced we are in a better place than we were pitch wise. I guess we'll find out after the 1st round of games?

...a bit disco

Impressive op really.

I mean, it can't be easy to come across as coherent when every keystroke is a headbutt.

Nobody was happy with the way the season ended in the league but it's behind us now we can only look forward.

I find John Souttar s comments on Robbie Neilson more interesting in terms of the way the club has gone since he departed. Fans are fickle myself included and are we ever truly happy. If we look at Neilson brought us up first attempt, back into Europe although that didn't pan out and sitting in third. You could argue since he left we've struggled to replicate that form on the the park and formula off it. 

I don't believe Anne Budge wants hearts struggling nor does Levein. But it's inarguable that she is a great business woman and perhaps she is happy with the management at the top still and sees a clear strategy. It's also inarguable that Levein needs a strong start an we need to be pushing into the top four at a minimum.

As always start of the season let's get the glass half full. We are hearts fans after all just when you think that things are good there is always a swift groin kick coming our way ...but positivity...

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Don't you know you're not allowed to slate the club,  Budge, or Levein on here, everything is rosy in the garden and the football we are playing is top class stuff ?

The Wrinkly Ninja

I back my club financially so that there is a club to back.

I get angry, I get pissed off, I sometimes even say I’m done with this even though I’m not and never will be.

Never, though, will I use the fact that I pay money to support the club as a reason to demand that things change, or will I threaten the club with removing my support because things aren’t going the way I think they should.

Never will I expect Hearts to win me the League flag. Never will I expect cup final parades. What I expect for my FOH subs are that I have a Hearts for my miserable sod of a self to watch every Saturday.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Don't you know you're not allowed to slate the club,  Budge, or Levein on here, everything is rosy in the garden and the football we are playing is top class stuff ?

I'm not slating Ann Budge,I.just wish she was as hard on our footballing performances as she is on our numpty supporters.

johnthomas
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Idiotic OP completely blown out the water by first reply . Should have been end of thread . 

You can't see that ?

26 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Can't remember anyone saying that.

Still you've always got your big team to give you a glory buzz.

scott herbertson
31 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I back my club financially so that there is a club to back.

I get angry, I get pissed off, I sometimes even say I’m done with this even though I’m not and never will be.

Never, though, will I use the fact that I pay money to support the club as a reason to demand that things change, or will I threaten the club with removing my support because things aren’t going the way I think they should.

Never will I expect Hearts to win me the League flag. Never will I expect cup final parades. What I expect for my FOH subs are that I have a Hearts for my miserable sod of a self to watch every Saturday.

well said - it's simple really. We're supporters so we support even when things are bad. We can moan about it, but we will be there to support when the team runs out.

45 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Impressive op really.

I mean, it can't be easy to come across as coherent when every keystroke is a headbutt.

:rofl:

16 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Just another thread started so it can end up the same way as every other thread on here these days 

Does seem to be the aim. Must be about ten threads it could be merged with from the last couple of months.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

She’s probably getting a wee bit confused now. Under Neilson the league form was as good as it has ever been, both in the Championship and the Premiership. The fans constantly complained about the poor derby record and lack of progression in the cup runs. Levein comes in, restores balance to the Edinburgh Derby and takes us to a League Cup Semi Final & Scottish Cup Final. Now the same fans are moaning about the poor league campaign. She’ll be perplexed!

On 05/07/2019 at 13:11, Tazio said:

She’s not. Royston Mains is the truth. 

My Mum grew up there, and my granny and grandad lived there until they died. Must ask my Mum if she knew who she was.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, farin said:

Not a lot of folk know that her auld man was a hibs fan & her brother still is. Glad she picked us to support or it could all have turned out differently for hearts when in administration. ?

Was that not because her daughter is a Hearts supporter?

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

?

davemclaren
1 hour ago, farin said:

Her ex is a hearts fan, the 3 of them had St’s together at one time. 

?