Good Luck Sir Paul

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Taking over at Aberdeens #1 football side Cove Rangers, replacing his father in law I believe.

Good luck to him, Dundee certainly suffered once he left

letsalldothebeattie

Great job for him. Done excellently with Alloa in that division feel he will do a similar job with Cove.

All the best Sir Paul

A_A wehatethehibs

Hopefully the first step on a road to managerial redemption. I still hold out the faint hope that either Elvis or Sir Paul can return to be Hearts manager one day. That was my hope the day they left the club. 

Best wishes to him.

Probably his last chance in management given the awful mess he left at Falkirk and the below average job at Dundee.

45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hopefully the first step on a road to managerial redemption. I still hold out the faint hope that either Elvis or Sir Paul can return to be Hearts manager one day. That was my hope the day they left the club. 

Elvis? **** off.

49 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Haha elvis, gtf. :rofl: 

Hopefully goes well for him to rebuild his stock. Shame for the previous manager who had a heart condition and moved upstairs to director of football. Sounds familiar ?

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Best wishes to him.

Probably his last chance in management given the awful mess he left at Falkirk and the below average job at Dundee.

Below average job at Dundee?? 

33 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Below average job at Dundee?? 

Bottom six league positions with a top six budget. Some heavy defeats in derbies and uncompetitive in the cups. Their fans were delighted when he left.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Bottom six league positions with a top six budget. Some heavy defeats in derbies and uncompetitive in the cups. Their fans were delighted when he left.

Hasn't really improved though. I thought losing Hemmings and Stewart was just too big a blow.

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hasn't really improved though. I thought losing Hemmings and Stewart was just too big a blow.

This, they didn’t have the overall quality of squad to take that hit. That was basically 80% of their goals supply gone. But the manager always takes the blame because due to their sale he’s had about £50k more in his budget than St Johnstone who finished 6th as though that type of money would make hee haw difference. He’s a good manager and a good guy, hope he’ll mount a comeback. Phenomenal if he could do for cove what he did for both Alloa and Dundee in winning promotions and putting the clubs in the highest league positions than they’d been in for years. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

rudi must stay

Good luck to him 

But with Ferguson manager of Kelty Hearts and now Hartley I think it maybe shows clubs aren't taking a punt on Scottish Managers, which is bad for our game. Both can do an awful lot better

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Elvis? **** off.

I would actually quite like to see him return as manager

he was a great captain for us

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This, they didn’t have the overall quality of squad to take that hit. That was basically 80% of their goals supply gone. But the manager always takes the blame because due to their sale he’s had about £50k more in his budget than St Johnstone who finished 6th as though that type of money would make hee haw difference. He’s a good manager and a good guy, hope he’ll mount a comeback. Phenomenal if he could do for cove what he did for both Alloa and Dundee in winning promotions and putting the clubs in the highest league positions than they’d been in for years. 

Dundee last season had an average weekly salary bill some 15k a week higher than St Johnstone. This was also larger than Kilmarnock and again placed them in the top 6 in relative terms for budget. The Hemmings and Stewart team also finished bottom six in 2015/16 under Hartley and exited both cups early. Again this side had a significantly higher budgetary advantage over St Johnstone, Ross County and ICT who all finished above them.

He left a terrible mess at Falkirk, who had to completely rebuild their squad mid season because Hartley signed so many duds. 

There's a reason that he's having to restart his managerial career in league 2 on what sounds like a favour from an in law.

Great player for Hearts and because of that we should all wish him well. But he's a million, million miles away from even being granted an interview for the Hearts job whenever the vacancy next arises.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/547202/average-annual-first-team-player-salaray-football-clubs-scottish-premiership/

queensferryjambo

Seems quite a big drop down for him. I thought he might have gotten a job at least at a Championship side.

Spoke to him afew weeks ago, great down to earth guy. Said he Would love to come back to hearts in the future at some point! Good luck to him at cove, hope he can start to rebuild his managerial career. 

Weebroon98
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Seems quite a big drop down for him. I thought he might have gotten a job at least at a Championship side.

After the job he did at Falkirk nobody will go near him

Loved him to bits as a player but he's left Falkirk in an absolute state, massively responsible for them getting relegated with no academy & a load of wasted cash on horrific signings, the Falkirk fans that I know absolutely hate the guy. Wish him well but wouldn't want him anywhere near us in a million years.

Not really arsed about his managerial career but god, we could do with a player like him in our team right now. 

A central midfielder that bursts forward and scores goals.  Even a Colin Cameron. 

I'm quite disappointed that we're not looking for someone like that. 

5 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I would actually quite like to see him return as manager

he was a great captain for us

He is a shit manager, though. 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Good luck to him 

But with Ferguson manager of Kelty Hearts and now Hartley I think it maybe shows clubs aren't taking a punt on Scottish Managers, which is bad for our game. Both can do an awful lot better

What has Barry Ferguson achieved in his managerial career that suggests he can do an awful lot better?

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Could be in Championship soon enough. 

Armageddon
9 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Haha elvis, gtf. :rofl: 

My only complaint about this post is it should be in full caps!!

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

My only complaint about this post is it should be in full caps!!

and have several of these...

:cornette::jj_facepalm::berra::notsure::nojustno::olly:

9 hours ago, Aich E Eh said:

Not really arsed about his managerial career but god, we could do with a player like him in our team right now. 

A central midfielder that bursts forward and scores goals.  Even a Colin Cameron. 

I'm quite disappointed that we're not looking for someone like that. 

The box to box midfielder is currently out of fashion in the modern game. Not too many examples at the top level that I can think of anyway or even at Scottish Premiership level.

Midfielders tend to either now be either possession retaining, tactical breaking up play defensive types or alternatively advanced playmaker.