• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

Chuck Berry

Charlie Adam. The type of player we need in the middle and good for the younger players. Only 33 and available of a free.

Portable Badger
4 hours ago, cameltoe said:

24 goals in 41 games 

Some winger if he's banging in that many goals.  Is he a winger or an out and out striker?

On 05/07/2019 at 13:31, Jambof3tornado said:

I still think we are 4 short to allow a strength in our squad to cover injuries.

Over to you Craig.

I’d run it past the JKB money men first. 

Mr Elwood P
On 05/07/2019 at 13:31, Jambof3tornado said:

I still think we are 4 short to allow a strength in our squad to cover injuries.

Over to you Craig.

What positions for the four? I think we could do with less players if we're going to have the academy producing some top prospects. White with Hickey as understudy. Michael Smith with Brandon or Godinho or the young academy right back as understudy. Repeat this throughout the team so the young lads step in when the experienced player is sidelined. Of course this only works if the players are of the requisite quality.  

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What positions for the four? I think we could do with less players if we're going to have the academy producing some top prospects. White with Hickey as understudy. Michael Smith with Brandon or Godinho or the young academy right back as understudy. Repeat this throughout the team so the young lads step in when the experienced player is sidelined. Of course this only works if the players are of the requisite quality.  

Using the youngsters is fine by me but you still need backup for when they need taken out the team.

2 midfielders a left back and keeper.

On 05/07/2019 at 07:51, brux said:

This made me laugh 

Still laughing mate? We need quality cover for competition and potential injuries otherwise repeat of last three quarters of last season. What is funny we need midfielders wingers and another forward. Don't understand what's funny buddy.

Big Moysey

One thing clear from watching yesterday is that we are seriously lacking in midfield quality, specifically experience, controlled aggression and playmaking. 

19/05/2012
10 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

One thing clear from watching yesterday is that we are seriously lacking in midfield quality, specifically experience, controlled aggression and playmaking. 

It’s been the same for about 5 years we have always played with 2 defensive midfielders and a centre mid on one of the wings. We have needed wingers and a midfielder that dictates the game but Levein will never play that style. He is more worried about his centre midfielders winning second balls than creating chances

If Levein thinks we're ok with our midfield he really needs a reality check. We are crying out for 2 players one a forward passing central midfielder and a right sided midfield/winger. We have Wighton & McLean surplus to requirements and Djoum & Lee leaving. This is a season we need to make a big challenge for trophies and not be toiling for a lack of midfielders.

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Using the youngsters is fine by me but you still need backup for when they need taken out the team.

2 midfielders a left back and keeper.

We absolutely don’t need to get a left back. We’ve got White, Hickey and Garuccio! We can also play a 3-5-2 with Mulraney as a wing back or play Bobby Burns there if all other options are unavailable. If we bring in another left back, we wont see Hickey for years. He will just leave to sit on the bench at an English club, getting much more money at the first opportunity. Midfield is definitely the priority. Bryson & Adam would have been ideal but we’ve either not gone for or missed out on both. The much maligned Djoum is going to end up like the much maligned Robbie Neilson, appreciated when he’s no longer here! Goalkeeper is a strange one. Zlamal is good but has the odd error in him. Doyle had 5 or 6 shut outs when in goals but had an absolute disaster at Motherwell and had a few very dodgy moments. We have young Stone breaking through. If we sign another keeper when will we get to see him? Craig Gordon was 18 or 19 when he broke through. Stone will be that age when Zlamal’s contract ends. Gordon in and Doyle out would be ideal but doesn’t seem to be on currently.

54 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If Levein thinks we're ok with our midfield he really needs a reality check. We are crying out for 2 players one a forward passing central midfielder and a right sided midfield/winger. We have Wighton & McLean surplus to requirements and Djoum & Lee leaving. This is a season we need to make a big challenge for trophies and not be toiling for a lack of midfielders.

Eh?

I assume that's your opinion because neither seems to have been made available for transfer.  Whether they should be is another matter.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Eh?

I assume that's your opinion because neither seems to have been made available for transfer.  Whether they should be is another matter.

Take it from me Wighton is surplus and Mclean needs to go. 

What did Levein say he wanted, quality not quantity.

Edited by mitch41

17 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Charlie Adam. The type of player we need in the middle and good for the younger players. Only 33 and available of a free.

played as a trialist for blackburn yesterday

Just now, mitch41 said:

I shall watch closely how things pan out.  Are you ITK or just a guess?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I shall watch closely how things pan out.  Are you ITK or just a guess?

It's what i would do. 

On 05/07/2019 at 13:15, JamboAl said:

Almost since the day I started supporting Hearts - and that wasn't yesterday - I have always felt we're just 2 players short of a very good team.  It is a natural thing with supporters and I'm sure every manager feels the same.

When you have too many of one position and not enough of another it causes problems.

It's really down to the manager and in our case Levein has been Hearts manager long 

enough to get a balanced side on the pitch. The last thing all Jambos will want to hear 

is more excuses. The squad is short in midfield and wide right.

Hearts tracking an 18 year old Nigerian winger who can score goals. He's with Everton and Hearts want him on loan for a year.

Edited by mitch41

Class of 75

Following yesterday's result I hope I am wrong but I reckon we need atleast 6 players to add something to the team. We were beaten yesterday by a semi pro team and only had one shot on target excluding the goal. Also looking at the team selection, Edwards was played at Right Back with Dikamona on the bench. It was a flat back 4 so he wasn't looking to play wing backs. I know yesterday was a friendly and not competitive but worrying signs again 

Edited by Class of 75

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Following yesterday's result I hope I am wrong but I reckon we need atleast 6 players to add something to the team. We were beaten yesterday by a semi pro team and only had one shot on target excluding the goal. Also looking at the team selection, Edwards was played at Right Back with Dikamona on the bench. It was a flat back 4 so he wasn't looking to play wing backs. I know yesterday was a friendly and not competitive but worrying signs again 

Six players?

Hickey

Walker

Berra

Naismith 

Haring 

Michael Smith 

scott herbertson
42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Six players?

Hickey

Walker

Berra

Naismith 

Haring 

Michael Smith 

plus Keena and Morrison - we need to ditch a couple of players!

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So, it is your opinion and nothing to do with fact.

:rofl:

''Take it from me''... Coming from you, a poster who struggles with fact. You'll forgive me if I think the exact opposite from your deranged thoughts.

''Take it from me'' 

Image result for thats a belter

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It's what i would do. 

You have stated this as fact, asked for trust in the matter and finally opinion.

You are quite literally all over the place. And that's just on one page.  On one page you have changed tack 3 times. 

I’m disappointed that we haven’t signed a decent goalkeeper. Bobby isn’t a good enough first choice keeper IMO.

Would be happy if we signed Mulumbu for midfield. Looked a very decent player for Killie.

53 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You have stated this as fact, asked for trust in the matter and finally opinion.

You are quite literally all over the place. And that's just on one page.  On one page you have changed tack 3 times. 

He'll be back shortly to say it's what someone told him needs to be done and nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It’s obvious what I was saying maybe your just a bit TOM-TIT.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No. It's obvious you've no idea what you're on about. 

How very sad for you. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

No. It's obvious you've no idea what you're on about. 

How very sad for you. 

Do you speaky da English ?

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Care to explain what your ''obvious'' point is?

You've claimed they are leaving, hinted that they are leaving and then you opined they are leaving. That's 3 different things. Where's the obvious?

''Speaky da English''?... It's hilarious the lengths you go to to embarrass yourself. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

In the short term we need a goalie, but maybe the big picture is to wait for Stone to mature. 

We have several players with potential. If they can all progress then we could be decent, however that probably won't happen and we'll end up with a season of mediocrity, interspersed with some highs and lows.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Care to explain what your ''obvious'' point is?

You've claimed they are leaving, hinted that they are leaving and then you opined they are leaving. That's 3 different things. Where's the obvious?

''Speaky da English''?... It's hilarious the lengths you go to to embarrass yourself. 

Read my posts again ya dafty. It was what is was saying not what anyone else was saying.

When I posted ‘It was what i’d do’ that is the clue. For me Wighton & McLean are surplus and 

with Lee & Djoum going aren’t they. I believe your deliberately trying to misunderstand my posts.

So there you go you have been found out my wee pal. I can see i’m gonna have to watch out for 

your replies to my fabulous posts and just remember I am a legend in my own mind. 

Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Read my posts again ya dafty. It was what is was saying not what anyone else was saying.

When I posted ‘It was what i’d do’ that is the clue. For me Wighton & McLean are surplus and 

with Lee & Djoum going aren’t they. I believe your deliberately trying to misunderstand my posts.

So there you go you have been found out my wee pal. I can see i’m gonna have to watch out for 

your replies to my fabulous posts and just remember I am a legend in my own mind. 

You ok mate? 

17 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You ok mate? 

Oky doky today. I hope the wee man gets a good turnout tonight.

21 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Need more than I first thought. 

Just read that Djoum is definitely away he has just signed for the Saudi club. Here's hoping Lee can find a club quickly and we may get someone of quality in.