Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

Hampden Demolition

Definitely a central midfielder.

Definitely a pacy winger.

Ideally another striker and let Wighton go.

Ideally another left back. Not comfortable going into the season with White being our only fit senior left back due to his own injury problems.

11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

To win the league.

18 Kwaliteee playuuursss, likesay 

Champyuns leeeeg.

In all seriousness to improve on last season, 3.

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Definitely a central midfielder.

Definitely a pacy winger.

Ideally another striker and let Wighton go.

Ideally another left back. Not comfortable going into the season with White being our only fit senior left back due to his own injury problems.

Agree on centre mid. We’ve got Mulraney as the speedy winger and I’d like to see Hickey cover left back until Garuccio is back. Hickey looks a great prospect,  we can only keep these lads if they play. If not they can get much more money being on the bench or the reserves down south.

Levein saying he is happy with the business he has done in the media but surely he realises he needs another three four or five to be ready

Gorgieshed

We aren't Barcelona so we have to be realistic. We are unlikey to get much more in.

If I was being optimistic I would like, a keeper, attacking centre mid and a winger. Maybe a poacher to. 

I would say a GK, CM and winger. If I was being greedy, I'd say another striker too. 

Would suggest, 

Gordon

Dorrans or Mulumbu... or Gauld 

Milinkovic

Lafferty

King prawn

Mulumbu would be my preference - I think we would significantly improve upon last season with him in the side 

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would say a GK, CM and winger. If I was being greedy, I'd say another striker too. 

Would suggest, 

Gordon

Dorrans or Mulumbu... or Gauld 

Milinkovic

Lafferty

Do you think Dorrans, Mulumbu and Gauld are similar players?

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Backup RB

RW

2xCM

We’ve got three right backs, Halkett and Souttar could also cover there?

We need a quality centre midfield player. We have needed one for  years . Although They are costly 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you think Dorrans, Mulumbu and Gauld are similar players?

No, I just think all 3 would be good acquisitions. Mulumbu would probably be the best choice. Gauld could net us a tidy fee if we could get his confidence back. Dorrans, like Naisy has played at a high level for a long time. Recognise if we could get any of them budget wise it would be one at a push. Any of them would please me. 

11, They're all shite.

And the manager needs punted.

Scrap the academy as well, waste of money.

The womans team needs to go as well. They have no place on a football pitch. 

For me depending if Djoum goes then three or four.  A GK, one or two central midfielders and another striker.

TynecastleBC5
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

11, They're all shite.

And the manager needs punted.

Scrap the academy as well, waste of money.

The womans team needs to go as well. They have no place on a football pitch. 

And how do they have no place on a football pitch?

Edited by TynecastleBC5

One good central midfielder is the minimum requirement. Mulumbu was an absolute stand out when we played Killie towards the end of last season and would greatly improve our team.  

14 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

And how do they have no place on a football pitch?

Have you ever seen someone making a sandwich on a football pitch?

Centre Midfielder or two. I think along with Djoum and Lee we will see Bozanic or Edwards move on also. If we could move all 4 on and bring 2 of real quality that would be a very good window.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Levein says hes happy with what we have..think Edwards and Cochrane will replace djoum and Lee.

He has said that but I hope to **** he is kidding especially if Lee and Djoum leave. 

We would seriously short in the midfield area. 

Would like to see a wide man and another striker come in as well. 

A different type of striker as well, maybe more in the poacher type of goalscorer mould. 

Easier said than done but who knows what is going behind the scenes. 

Cruyff Turn

I don’t think we need to replace both Lee and Djoum.

Edwards worked his way into the squad, Smith, Irving and Cochrane are coming through from the youth team, we still have Bozanic and big Pete, so imo we only need 1 midfielder who should be of absolutely top notch quality, the best we can get. That would mean we had 7 players in that position and the most we will play at any one time is 3 central mids, we don’t need 8. It’s important that the Academy lads get a chance. 

1 winger - If we could bring back Skinny that would be quality but we could maybe do even better.

If Souttar goes, he will need replaced and we should again, re-invest some of the cash in that position and sign a great replacement if it comes to that. 

Then i’d say we’ve got a very good squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The door is not going to be blocked for the younger ones. 

Some disappointing days for those expecting much more. 

As other people have said Djoum and Souttar probably hold the key 

HillmanHearts

If Naisy signs and if Whyte gets back to full fitness then I'd say we only need another one new player : A quality central midfielder. 

We have some special youngsters on the verge breaking through.

( Although if I was being a bit greedy I'd take CG back in a heart beat) 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The door is not going to be blocked for the younger ones. 

Some disappointing days for those expecting much more. 

As other people have said Djoum and Souttar probably hold the key 

Agree - think we will see Cochrane, McDonald and Smith in particular feature fairly frequently

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

For me depending if Djoum goes then three or four.  A GK, one or two central midfielders and another striker.

Stone is 17 and already wanted by teams like Watford and Celtic. Better not to get another GK as it will just block off his opportunities. If he starts to get game time he we can maybe get 100 games out of him before he heads to England.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Might get the best out of him, running from deep to support 

He has looked at his best when he’s had a run at teams. Can glide past opposition players sometimes. Here’s hoping it’s the making of him. ?

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stone is 17 and already wanted by teams like Watford and Celtic. Better not to get another GK as it will just block off his opportunities. If he starts to get game time he we can maybe get 100 games out of him before he heads to England.

His time is coming - no doubt about that.  I don't rate Doyle, and Bobby makes too many basic errors of judgement for me.  If Craig Gordon was available we should go for him. Stone would benefit greatly from him as a  mentor. From what I have heard Stone has great ability and may well go onto be a huge star for us.

It depends on what we want to achieve this year? If we want to achieve 4th this squad should give us a chance  but if we want to push on and give top two a run for as long as we can we are nowhere near that. 

Brighton Jambo

Some comments on here baffle me, its like people of the football manager generation think that’s how the game really works.

People saying we need another striker, we have just signed Washington, will sign Naismith, have McLean, Uche, Keena and Wighton.  How much money do people think we have it’s insane to think we need a seventh striker.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, Barack said:

Might get the best out of him, running from deep to support 

Colin Cameron 

::troll::

I agree about a top quality centre mid but I think the problem is we already have far too many options in there which is why Levein is saying only if lee and djoum both leave. Assuming djoum and Lee both leave In centre mid we still have

Haring, Bozanic, Edwards, cochrane, Smith, Irving, Clare (by what he said last night) and Naismith could play there also. That’s potentially 7/8 players without lee and djoum! 

Some good options and potential in there but if we are being serious about finishing third we need another ‘first name on the teamsheet’ player. I think that could also depend on 1 or 2 young guys going out on loan or bozanic leaving as well? 

You could argue about wingers/strikers as well. First choice I think we are fine but lose a couple theough injuries etc then are your wightons/Morrison’s etc capable stand ins? Based on last season you would say no but we can’t have 30 signed players with wages to go. We do need some Dikamona types who are happy to fight for their place and accept a place on the bench and also hungry youngsters trying to break into the team and establish themselves in the team. Got to have the right balance.

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Centre mid is a must, winger and keeper wouldn't go a miss 

Cl has said he is not looking for another keeper.

hmfc_liam06

Required for what?

To compete with Aberdeen - a CM

To compete with Rangers - a GK, a LB, a CM, a WR, a ST

To compete with Celtic - an entire line up bar Naismith

Big Moysey

Being realistic the youngsters are not going to be playing regularly. CL's comments in the Djoum/Lee leaving piece hints at the end -the young guys are real prospects over the next 2-3 years, that tends to suggest they will get brought through gradually. Don't think that's a bad thing. A quality CM is needed, someone who can take the ball from the defence and create play, ideally a player with experience who could help develop the young talent. This type of player may stop the constant slow passing, going nowhere, along the back we see currently. We need to be patient with the youngsters to reap the rewards in the medium to long term. Kickback....patience.......mmmmmm?

The Old Tolbooth

I'd be more than happy with a Mulumbu or Dorrans type signing, it's what we're crying out for, get one of them in and I think we're ready to go, as long as Walker starts to repay the fans back for his tantrums before he left, him on one side and Jake on the other could torture a few defences if they get their acts together quickly, Clare in the centre with Haring pulling the strings, Washington and Naisy running at defences, and big Uche bullying them senseless, will we even need a goalkeeper next season?? :D 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'd be more than happy with a Mulumbu or Dorrans type signing, it's what we're crying out for, get one of them in and I think we're ready to go, as long as Walker starts to repay the fans back for his tantrums before he left, him on one side and Jake on the other could torture a few defences if they get their acts together quickly, Clare in the centre with Haring pulling the strings, Washington and Naisy running at defences, and big Uche bullying them senseless, will we even need a goalkeeper next season?? :D 

Haring to win the ball back and pass to Adam(s).

We only need a maximum of 2. Passer and poacher.

I am now of the opinion, we are not that worried about Djoum returning, happy to shed Lee, once this is cleared up, we will use the wedge on a technician in the middle of the pitch. Someone to put the ball in the net regularly. Washington might be that man, but he also might be used for width. Naismith could also play as the main striker but less likely.

Getting a wee bit excited again, never a good thing :)

Cruyff Turn

Mulumbu can pass forward, I know he’s a ball winner type but he’s a good footballer. Pretty sure it was him that setup Killies late winner at Tynecastle when their Right back smashed it past Bobby.