Harry Stone

Famous 1874

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He's been given a 2 year deal and more importantly accepted it to see if he gets the chance to be at least number 2 keeper next season (20/21)

There are a number of clubs interested but he has decided to take his chance with us and develop this season, challenge next and then see if he has he the ability to be our number one keeper.

If he feels that is not forthcoming he can still leave at a young age and will hope the interest is still there

Thats the way I see it. While he has to work hard over the next two years, Hearts have to show to him why he made the right choice staying at Hearts. Will be fascinating to see if Hearts believe he could be at least a number two goalkeeper in those two years and if he does that.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

• StevenNaismith

Top Posters In This Topic

jamboinglasgow
57 minutes ago, Super T said:

Was it not Stu Mel? Can't remember which but I understand him and his family have there heads screwed on. From staying on at school to complete his exams through to some advice I gather they sought.

I think this lad will adapt to being a professional pretty well and all the best to him.

It is Heriots he went to, Euan Henderson went to Stew Mel. 

Inch Hearts
50 minutes ago, geomac said:

He wasn't ,  you're spouting vile p!sh, do you expect as a bully to spout your p!sh without being pulled up? That's what it seems like to me, empty box!!

A bully sends empty threats and calls others names, that’s what you are doing as a erm bully. 

Famous 1874
40 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've said before that he is the best goalkeeping prospect I've seen since Craig Gordon came through.

Tall, slim, great with cross balls and a good shot stopper. He has all the attributes, but its very early days.

Jack Hamilton had the same potential at 15/16/17 but it didn't work out for him.  Let's hope that Harry can "make it" and benefit both himself and the club in the longer term.

Exciting prospect it seems. Plenty of time for the young lad to develop.

Jack Hamilton just came in and made too many mistakes unfortunately. Confidence completely went. Seems he is continuing to decline.

36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've said before that he is the best goalkeeping prospect I've seen since Craig Gordon came through.

Tall, slim, great with cross balls and a good shot stopper. He has all the attributes, but its very early days.

Jack Hamilton had the same potential at 15/16/17 but it didn't work out for him.  Let's hope that Harry can "make it" and benefit both himself and the club in the longer term.

Thats the depressing thing about youth development. Kids can look like Messi at 15/16/17 and by 18 the magic has gone. I remember Hamilton being quoted as the next big thing and its sad to see him not live up to that potential. 

I kinda get a different feeling with the kids coming through now, I don't know if its the coaching, but they seem a lot more comfortable with the ball and closer to actual footballers rather than athletes that happen to play football. I can't think back to a time where I've been this excited about a generation of players coming through. 

Both FF and OTT give me a lot of confidence about this young man.  Just 17 years old.  He may fall by the wayside but, but equally, he may not.

We have such a great goalkeeping history.  Let's all hope he proves to be the next cab off the rank.

WheatfieldWarrior
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Anyone know if Kelby Mason has been given a contract extension? My last recollection was that he out of contact at the end of last season.I believe that Kevin Silva has another year's contract.

Although Harry has now signed full time, do we need five full time keepers to cover the first team, reserves and colts sides?  While Harry could still play for the U18s, Hearts also have Harris Spratt available as an U17.  

Kelby is listed as contract expired on 31.05.2019 on transfer markt.

colinmaroon
16 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Coming from you? :lol: 

The manager who brought Gordon into the side was the same manager who had Tepi as number one.  Let’s not make out Levein is some great god football goalie developer now. 

And don't live in denial!

John Findlay
17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Very good news, in the past we've lost guys to other more lucrative offers. Levein in the photo with him, at 17 that's interesting and maybe shows our hopes for him. 2 years, do well for the reserves then ready for a new deal and maybe the number 1 spot. That's maybe the plan

It was Levein that made Craig Gordon.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I think young Mr Stone has a very good head on his shoulders with very sensible and supportive parents.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

A bully sends empty threats and calls others names, that’s what you are doing as a erm bully. 

Does the inch in your username refer to your penis size?

FarmerTweedy

He was still utter pony. 

Tepi Moilanen was far from utter pony. He was a decent keeper, no better or worse than that. He was made to look poorer to the hard of thinking by the fact he came after the superb Antti Niemi, and before the utterly outstanding Craig Gordon. Almost any keeper we've ever had would look poorer when compared with them.  Of course, when JJ signed Niemi, he had the advantage of lots of money from SMG to spend, so was able to pay a sizeable (for the time) transfer fee and big wage to get Niemi, whereas when CL was signing Moilanen, he was far more restricted financially.

FarmerTweedy

And if he’s deserving of a better contract in two years time after developing - other clubs can offer him that too. It’s good news that one of the young players have signed up but it’s hardly a fantastic five year contract that puts it on bar with the best business of the close season.  

You do realise that we aren't barred from offering him another contract before the two year one he's just signed comes to an end?

11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hopefully  a Greyfriars boy then !

16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So Levein can spot a goalie or what are you trying to argue now exactly. How was Moilenan rank? His clean sheet record and general win record for us is good. Perfect acceptable for an interim goalie sandwiched between two of our greatest keepers, and we finished 3rd both seasons he played the most games for us with a very decent goals against both times, only conceding fewer than the OF. A strange goalie for you to pick on.

I'm glad someone said it. I don't really remember Tepi being that bad. He certainly didn't make my eyes bleed and as you said, we finished third both seasons. 

13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cheers, I couldn't remember which one it was as don't know the family personally.

Haringshairband

Some interesting insight into one of our youth players, mixed in with some boring arguments. Having to sift through all the shite was worth it though.

Edited by Haringshairband

Unknown user
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tepi Moilanen was far from utter pony. He was a decent keeper, no better or worse than that. He was made to look poorer to the hard of thinking by the fact he came after the superb Antti Niemi, and before the utterly outstanding Craig Gordon. Almost any keeper we've ever had would look poorer when compared with them.  Of course, when JJ signed Niemi, he had the advantage of lots of money from SMG to spend, so was able to pay a sizeable (for the time) transfer fee and big wage to get Niemi, whereas when CL was signing Moilanen, he was far more restricted financially.

No need for the hard of thinking jibe, we can have different opinions without being dumb - I think Tepi was pretty pish myself!

Nice guy, did his best, but not of the required standard IMO. I remember him on a par with guys like Roddy Mackenzie, Myles Hogarth, Craig Nelson - none of them disastrous but not good enough.

doctor jambo
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It was Levein that made Craig Gordon.

Geppetto popped into my mind there, be good if he could whittle us a new forward, but the midfield is already wooden

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hamilton really impressed me breaking through. He would have been better now behind Berra but he'd ran out of chances with the support. I do believe he had a bit of an ego though that he didn't need and I didn't particularly like his attiude

That's what helped Gordon, and seems to help young players. Keep working hard and your feet on the ground :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No need for the hard of thinking jibe, we can have different opinions without being dumb - I think Tepi was pretty pish myself!

Nice guy, did his best, but not of the required standard IMO. I remember him on a par with guys like Roddy Mackenzie, Myles Hogarth, Craig Nelson - none of them disastrous but not good enough.

Ooh, now Craig Nelson was disastrous!

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

That was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but I don't think that came across at all!  Tepi was definitely better than Craig Nelson! 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek but I don't think that came across at all!  Tepi was definitely better than Craig Nelson! 

Fair enough, my apologies.

You're not the first to say that about Nelson, maybe I'm remembering him being better than he was, but I'm still sure tepi was pish!

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, my apologies.

You're not the first to say that about Nelson, maybe I'm remembering him being better than he was, but I'm still sure tepi was pish!

Nelson was I'm afraid at the lower end of the Hearts good goalkeepers scale

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hamilton really impressed me breaking through. He would have been better now behind Berra but he'd ran out of chances with the support. I do believe he had a bit of an ego though that he didn't need and I didn't particularly like his attiude

That's what helped Gordon, and seems to help young players. Keep working hard and your feet on the ground :thumbsup:

I do think 14/15 season was blessing and curse for him, the goalkeeping issues which made he was recalled from loan allowed him to star in the few games he was required. However when Alexander was fit again not too long later, Hamilton was left with a season of not playing competitive football. Had he stayed at Stenhousemuir he could have played a full season in goals. He would have gone into 2016/17 season having made over 45 appearances, instead he had only 24 and had to play a full season when everything went wrong, his defence was hopeless and fans quickly felt he was too risky in goals. I dont his confidence has ever recovered.

Tepi, Nelson etc are old hat and well in the past.

Let's be happy Harry Stone has signed and leave the past to the past.

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

Fingers crossed he makes the grade, surely must already be a better option than Doyle. 

On 01/07/2019 at 18:08, Footballfirst said:

Anyone know if Kelby Mason has been given a contract extension? My last recollection was that he out of contact at the end of last season.I believe that Kevin Silva has another year's contract.

Although Harry has now signed full time, do we need five full time keepers to cover the first team, reserves and colts sides?  While Harry could still play for the U18s, Hearts also have Harris Spratt available as an U17.  

Mason has just had an operation in London, according to Callumn Morrison’s Instagram.