Anyone for Tennis?

ri Alban

Randy Marsh
16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fed’s feckin ancient mind, I’m surprised he can still go toe to toe with Nadal and Djokovic. Could have retired years ago but he’s still trophy hunting. 

Thing is Djokovic and Nadal are both veterans themselves now.  Federer could easily be getting to the latter stages of grand slams well into his 40's.

Have to say I cant stand the Wimbledon crowd.   Absolute cretins. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• rudi must stay

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Thing is Djokovic and Nadal are both veterans themselves now.  Federer could easily be getting to the latter stages of grand slams well into his 40's.

They’re 5 years younger. Fed would wipe the floor with them if he was 5 years younger, on grass anyway.

Defo could play on into his 40’s, as could Djokovic and Nadal. There’s absolutely no competition for them.

Djokovic’s fitness and speed might be too much for him in this last set.

16 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Spot on. It’s sickening the love in for Federer. Didn’t realise he was playing a home game

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Spot on. It’s sickening the love in for Federer. Didn’t realise he was playing a home game

Boo hoo!

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It does annoy me too but in this instance the alternative is worse.

Randy Marsh
14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

They’re 5 years younger. Fed would wipe the floor with them if he was 5 years younger, on grass anyway.

Defo could play on into his 40’s, as could Djokovic and Nadal. There’s absolutely no competition for them.

Djokovic’s fitness and speed might be too much for him in this last set.

You are correct about competition.  You had Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic around the same stage threatening but never happened for them.  Now you have the next stage of talented players like Zverev, Kyrigos and Tsitsipas but they seem to be going backwards at the moment.

No male tennis player born in the  90's has won a grand slam.  Amazing stat.

Amazing players. The game just swings between each player looking more likely and responding. 

Nothing in it but Federer has been superb over the course.  Djokovic efficient. 

Rodger Mellie
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It does annoy me too but in this instance the alternative is worse.

Why do you and others dislike Djokovic?

5 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

He's a cheat.

8 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

I don't like his tactical breaks and shenanigans. I appreciate Roger has gone off twice in this match but he's 37 so I'm willing to overlook it.

I also don't really like watching him. He's an incredible athlete but I don't think he plays brand of tennis that's particularly enjoyable to watch.

Edited by Taffin

Rodger Mellie
Just now, ri Alban said:

He's a cheat.

In what way did he cheat? I don’t watch much tennis so don’t keep up to date with goings on.

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You are correct about competition.  You had Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic around the same stage threatening but never happened for them.  Now you have the next stage of talented players like Zverev, Kyrigos and Tsitsipas but they seem to be going backwards at the moment.

No male tennis player born in the  90's has won a grand slam.  Amazing stat.

None of them are taking it serious enough. Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are just different animals. It’s no fluke they are that good, pure dedication. 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Care to elaborate?

His fake injuries when he's behind. Oh and think, Lance Armstrong.

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Loving the Borg wannabe in the crowd 🤣

Some people need locked up for their own good 

5 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

In what way did he cheat? I don’t watch much tennis so don’t keep up to date with goings on.

It's probably best you start watching more and reading up on him yourself and arrive at your own conclusions in that case as everyone will of course have their own biases.

Personally I think cheat is a bit strong but for me he blurs the lines on what is and isn't acceptable.

Edited by Taffin

There is no real reason to not like Federer yet I just can't warm to him whilst admitting he is one of the best there has ever been

I think it's perhaps all those 'hoorays' who appear at Wimbledon and even support him over fellow Brits...just can't understand that.

It's not his fault of course but it just irks me enough to hope he is beaten just to stick 2 fingers up at those middle and upper class yobs

The Internet

I don't dislike Djokovic at all, in fact I don't think I dislike any tennis player, but do prefer Federer over the rest of them. The crowd are annoying though. 

What a brilliant match. 

Around five hours of great tennis, for the same money as the women’s 55 minutes. 

Absolutely ludicrous.  

Just now, jonesy said:

Good. Federer great, but good to stick it up the supporters who don't respect Djokovic.

Not a huge Federer fan (but he is the best ever), but was with him today.  I find the Wimbledon crowd annoy me, sometimes. 

Edited by Paolo

The Internet
Just now, Paolo said:

What a brilliant match. 

Around five hours of great tennis, for the same money as the women’s 55 minutes. 

Absolutely ludicrous.  

Was thinking that but didn't want to mention it :lol: especially after the Nadal stuff earlier in the tournament. 

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was thinking that but didn't want to mention it :lol: especially after the Nadal stuff earlier in the tournament. 

I'm all for equal pay for the women but they should be playing 5 sets.

55 minutes vs 5 hours just puts it into perspective. It's a joke.

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don’t worry.  I am happy to stick my head on the block.