Brentford’s new stadium (NHC)

trago13

Simon Ingles used to describe Tynecastle Park as the most hemmed in ground in the uk. The rebuilding of our beautiful main stand has granted us some freedom on that side of the ground. So it’s a claim we can no longer have. I believe Brentford will be the new owners of such a claim ( not sure what they win). Check out this new build, train lines on 3 sides. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrentfordfcdrone/albums/72157709218234337

Portable Badger

Went to the old stadium a few times when I lived in Ealing.   That was compact and qwerky as well.

Looks pretty good BUT I HOPE SOMEONE HASNT FORGOTTEN TO ORDER THE SEATS !!

Shanks said no

What size of pitch did they manage to achieve?

Edit -  according to Wiki 

Field size    105 x 68 m

Also being used for rugby by London Irish

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

What are those tiny corners all about? And what are the big towers that they're building behind two of the stands?

I really like this as a new build as it is a little different. If you saw the footprint prior to the build, you would have questioned the sanity of the architect and how the hell he planned to fit a fully functioning football ground into such a compact piece of land. I think they have done a fantastic job. 

I was based in Brentford for a period.  Stayed at the Novotel, walking distance from Griffin Park.  The  New stadium will be a nightmare for access and for segregating fans outside.  Kew Bridge Station would be a flash point.

Dislike the look.

26 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

What are those tiny corners all about? And what are the big towers that they're building behind two of the stands?

The towers are liftshafts from a new building. They go up before the rest of the structure so looks like there’s going to be a very high building there. 

32 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

The towers are central lift shafts for multi-storey buildings.  They will build out the floors.

I took a walk past this a few weeks back and you honestly can’t begin to understand how tight the space it, I don’t have great knowledge of the area but I feel it’s going to be a horrible ground to get to 

brunoatemyhamster

Done a very good job with the space they had tbh. 

Built with making it a bowl if they need to up the capacity for the EPL in mind? 

I like that. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Bridge of Djoum

Hopefully they don't overdo it on window cleaning and mono-block. That stuffs a **** in cleaning bills. 

Built beside M4 pass it most weeks. How they managed that is unreal.West stand over railway.Will be nightmare when march on at roundabout with A406 hangers lane.Take note pitch size 105 x 68m

Tynecastle looks and sounds so good because of the high roofs raised well above the top row.

Not really impressed with Brentford's one, corners are a bit shite too aside from one. For a new build I'd have done it differently!

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Julie1957 said:

Built beside M4 pass it most weeks. How they managed that is unreal.West stand over railway.Will be nightmare when march on at roundabout with A406 hangers lane.Take note pitch size 105 x 68m

That stand along the railway line doesn't seem a safe place for a quick exit in case of an emergency. 

DJI_0056

Edited by Maroon Sailor

It's an imaginative solution to a very tight site. The roof folds are origami like. Floodlight support above the glazed roof looks quite unique.

Dunno what the area's like though. you'd hope that it's a bit nicer beyond the elevated roadway otherwise it's pretty bleak.

49 minutes ago, stan said:

It's an imaginative solution to a very tight site. The roof folds are origami like. Floodlight support above the glazed roof looks quite unique.

Dunno what the area's like though. you'd hope that it's a bit nicer beyond the elevated roadway otherwise it's pretty bleak.

The area is pretty bleak tbh, nicest part is probably around the old ground.

Also hope that if they have sold griffin park for development then the bars on each of the 4 corners are looked after/retained 

Maroon Sailor
58 minutes ago, stan said:

It is Origami like come to think of it. Reminds me when I made a bird out of paper at Primary school. You pulled at it's tail to make the wings flap

All roads lead to Gorgie

Quirky ground. Looks like they have forgotten to order seats though ☺️ 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Julie1957 said:

Yeah, it's a new build, all new build stadiums on new sites have to have a pitch that size.

We don't, we get exemptions because we're grandfathered in - Tynecastle existed waaaaay before these rules did.

We couldn't realistically increase pitch size in this development because of the structural steel holding the roofs up, so what are the club meant to do?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, stan said:

Is it glazed or just not roofed yet?

9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I like how they’ve kept it modern but still quite traditional rather than a soulless bowl thing.

What gives this more soul than a bowl shape? 

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Reminds me of the city ground. 

Empty? :whistling:

12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That stand along the railway line doesn't seem a safe place for a quick exit in case of an emergency. 

DJI_0056

That is a very, very tight sight. Can't imagine they can expand beyond that.

Hectormasson
On 30/06/2019 at 12:43, Lovecraft said:

Very nice.  17,250 expected capacity.

Were not really hemmed in now,, but were only 19.900, could and should be more ,,,

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Pretty ugly, hope they are building 4 bars for each corner.

16 bars is a lot!

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

16 bars is a lot!

:lol: but still not enough if you live in and support Brentford