Connor Smith new deal

Hungry hippo

Hungry hippo

Connor has tweeted that he's signed a new 3 year contract.

Edited by Hungry hippo

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Excellent news. How long have Irving, Cochrane, MacDonald and Hickey got?

Irving has until 2020, Cochrane and MacDonald are until 2021 and not sure about Hickey (though if it is the standard 3 year contract when they turn pro then he is 2021.)

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Irving has until 2020, Cochrane and MacDonald are until 2021 and not sure about Hickey (though if it is the standard 3 year contract when they turn pro then he is 2021.)

Rate Irving so hope he gets a new deal. I’d expect Cochrane and MacDonald to extend too. Cheers mate 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Rate Irving so hope he gets a new deal. I’d expect Cochrane and MacDonald to extend too. Cheers mate 

Would hope Irving gets a new deal, I can imagine that it should be fairly straight forward (provided he sees that he will progress with us.) I would want to extend Cochrane and MacDonald's contract, I do get a feeling that Cochrane is going to have a big season this year. 

I do wonder if Smith's extension is one of a few players signing longer contracts at the same time. 

54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hickeys initial deal was two years I think. 

Cant say I've seen him play personally but I've heard nothing but good things.

Its be mentioned on a few threads that after Naismith signs that will be us done for the summer. Part of me thinks we are still a bit light, the other part is quite content that it gives the young one a chance.

We are due a few good ones to come through, hopefully Smith is one of them. If Cochrane lives up to what we thought a year back and young Hickey looks a prospect. If they are good enough they are old enough. We might not be that short after all.

jamboinglasgow

I wonder, with it looking like the contract is signed today before going to Ireland that he might be about to go on a season long loan.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Cant say I've seen him play personally but I've heard nothing but good things.

Its be mentioned on a few threads that after Naismith signs that will be us done for the summer. Part of me thinks we are still a bit light, the other part is quite content that it gives the young one a chance.

We are due a few good ones to come through, hopefully Smith is one of them. If Cochrane lives up to what we thought a year back and young Hickey looks a prospect. If they are good enough they are old enough. We might not be that short after all.

He played in the last derby game against Hibs

11 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

He played in the last derby game against Hibs

One game mate. I'm sure others have seen him many times to have a better opinion than me.

I only seen bits of the game, was a bit of a dead rubber.

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

One game mate. I'm sure others have seen him many times to have a better opinion than me.

I only seen bits of the game, was a bit of a dead rubber.

Never a dead rubber against that lot.

Hopefully Walker drills it into the young lads that staying with us and developing to their full limits before leaving is the best for them. Leaving us isn't always the wisest career choice. 

Looked good in the couple appearances he had last season. Glad to see it rewarded but still plenty to work on I'm sure 

Talented player, great to see this news at the same time as Lee wants/ is going away. Future first team midfielder right there. 

Fantastic, hopefully he keeps kicking on and we manage his contract situation well. Could net us a big fee if his early promise is anything to go by!