John McGinn - £50 million

Walter Bishop

A_A wehatethehibs

I’ve got to be honest I would be quite buzzing to see a McTominay, McGinn, Longstaff midfield at Man United. The big name phenomenal foreigners rarely work out at United, Veron, Forlan, Falcao, Sanchez it’s a graveyard. They need that core of humble British players who worked their way up from the bottom and understand that Man United does not accept finishing second. Empty the twats like Pogba, Lingard etc arrogant bell ends who are fundamentally not good enough to win Premier leagues.

John McGinn in Paul Pogba out is the right message to their squad. Hard work is valued higher than talent at Man United, and always has been the way with the exception of 1 player George Best and there will only ever be 1 of him. 

As for the transfer fee, staying in the premier league vs relegation is worth what, £100m a season for Villa? They’d be selling their poty so the fee doesn’t seem quite so ridiculous in that context. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• The Internet

• JackLadd

• jamboinglasgow

??? Pogba out McGinn in ???

The games gone. £10 million per forehead. If I was Man United fan I’d be furious with this lack of ambition. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The games gone. £10 million per forehead. If I was Man United fan I’d be furious with this lack of ambition. 

Mcginn and Longstaff both in. And throw in the West Ham boy Rice as well, you can probably buy all 3 of them for the money you’d get for Pogba £100-150m 

Sir Alex already emptied Pogba once, all proper United fans who go to the games near unanimously want him out.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Was there a no a rumour that we got offered him but Neilson didn't fancy him??

No chance John McGinn was ever going to be coming to Hearts. The most Celtic minded family!

Hearts1975
19 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

How ****ing stupid are clubs like Utd though.They must have known something about him before Villa signed him so could have got him for 3 or 4 million then farmed him out to a championship club for the season to see how he developed.

What u said is probably true 

they would have known about him but like a lot of the top teams down there show no interest until such times as he appears with another team down south and does well 

like Robertson for example (not that I’m comparing mcginn to Robertson). No way would Liverpool have bid for him immediately but he proved himself down there before getting his big move 

I have no time for the transfer fees down south that the clubs will pay. Inflated and ridiculous to the extreme.

That said, It’s good for the Scottish game financially if we can sell directly and at the same inflated prices the English Teams will pay to other leagues rather than trying to plunder players from up here for a pittance 

the reality is that whatever we sell a Scottish player to an English team for, and if he does well, then he will go for 5-10 times the original sum. Thus sell on clauses are so important when contracts are dished out 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ve got to be honest I would be quite buzzing to see a McTominay, McGinn, Longstaff midfield at Man United. The big name phenomenal foreigners rarely work out at United, Veron, Forlan, Falcao, Sanchez it’s a graveyard. They need that core of humble British players who worked their way up from the bottom and understand that Man United does not accept finishing second. Empty the twats like Pogba, Lingard etc arrogant bell ends who are fundamentally not good enough to win Premier leagues.

John McGinn in Paul Pogba out is the right message to their squad. Hard work is valued higher than talent at Man United, and always has been the way with the exception of 1 player George Best and there will only ever be 1 of him. 

As for the transfer fee, staying in the premier league vs relegation is worth what, £100m a season for Villa? They’d be selling their poty so the fee doesn’t seem quite so ridiculous in that context. 

Eric Cantona Van Nistelrooy were grafters true enough.

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ve got to be honest I would be quite buzzing to see a McTominay, McGinn, Longstaff midfield at Man United.

Said every single Man City and Liverpool fan.

Deary me, as if they aren’t far enough behind as it is. You’re wanting to relegate them! ?

A_A wehatethehibs
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Eric Cantona Van Nistelrooy were grafters true enough.

Yes but they came into teams that already had the core of grafters who knew the demands - Pallister, Ince, Bruce, McLair etc in Cantona’s case. Keane, Scholes, Neville, Giggs in Van Nisterlrooys case. 

Not saying Man U never had a good foreign player, just mean that as of right now, they need to place emphasis on getting that core group of players who know pulling on the Man United shirt you as a football player have won the lottery. That’s what every one of the Ferguson teams started with. That’s what Klopps Liverpool today have with guys like a Robertson, Milner and Henderson. They keep guys like Firminho, Mane and Salah from getting too far up their own arse - which is what Pogba is. He genuinely believes himself to be up there with the Man United club legends. 

Arrogant players get shipped out, humble grafters in. Then you build from there. Say what you want about McGinn the wee Banjo playing Hibs *****, I’d be confident saying that he is probably in the top 10 midfielders in English football for number of average miles run in a game, that is why a team like Man United will be looking at bidding, his numbers will be near the top. 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Said every single Man City and Liverpool fan.

Deary me, as if they aren’t far enough behind as it is. You’re wanting to relegate them! ?

We will see what happens to Man City. Aguero is another year older and he’s away at Copa America, Kompany is gone. Silva is leaving. Wouldn’t surprise me if they drop back a bit down to 80ish points. They’ve had 100 points 2 years in a row, it would be unbelievable to keep that up. 

Liverpool for me are the favourites next season. But I’ve said in my other post, Klopp has not just got the front 3, he’s got that core of Milner, Henderson, Robertson, and they keep the top class guys in check. None of them are particularly great players in terms of the goalscoring (although Robertson is flying with the crosses into the box) but the main thing is they know what that Liverpool badge is all about. 

United have to focus on the core engine, their core problem is that their team does not work hard enough. For every Ronaldo there’s been a Gary Neville at United. And it’s the same at Liverpool. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

BangkokHearts
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sir Alex already emptied Pogba once, all proper United fans who go to the games near unanimously want him out.

I don't speak enough Hokkien Chinese to gauge their opinions.

Edited by BangkokHearts

Man U were effed as soon as the Glazers came along, not so much Fergie retiring. The Irish idiot selling out cos he thought he'd an offer he couldn't refuse. Fail! If I was a top player I'm not sure I'd want to go there. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

What u said is probably true 

they would have known about him but like a lot of the top teams down there show no interest until such times as he appears with another team down south and does well 

like Robertson for example (not that I’m comparing mcginn to Robertson). No way would Liverpool have bid for him immediately but he proved himself down there before getting his big move 

I have no time for the transfer fees down south that the clubs will pay. Inflated and ridiculous to the extreme.

That said, It’s good for the Scottish game financially if we can sell directly and at the same inflated prices the English Teams will pay to other leagues rather than trying to plunder players from up here for a pittance 

the reality is that whatever we sell a Scottish player to an English team for, and if he does well, then he will go for 5-10 times the original sum. Thus sell on clauses are so important when contracts are dished out 

You see it with players brought in from Europe as well someone like Spurs will bring somebody in for a relatively cheap price for an EPL side then a year later the big 4 want him when it was pretty obvious he was a quality young player already.

vegas-voss

So they have only bid £35m going by press reports for Bruno Fernandes who is far better player but are going to pay £50m for McGinn aye right.

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Disagree, why doesn't McLean at Norwich get any of the same headlines? Because he keeps the ball and doesn't spend half the game running after possessions he's lost. He also doesn't take wild shots every 2 mins 99% which end up in the stand.  He's a good player but one of those players who looks good because he's running about like a headless chicken. Next time you see him play watch closely, he will make high number of stray passes and clumsy tackles in dangerous areas.  Now of course he would get in the Hearts team but we're talking about 50 mil being quoted for him hence my harsh assessment. 

I don’t think McLean got anywhere near being Norwich player of the year and the Championship team of the year.  Of course he’s not worth £50m but absolutely guaranteed this time last year he wasn’t worth £5m. There’s a player there, worth a massive value, who is Scottish, turned down Celtic who will be raging, it’s all good. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

All this proves is that English clubs have more money than sense.

It also proves that folk will believe just about anything they read on the internet.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Disagree, why doesn't McLean at Norwich get any of the same headlines? Because he keeps the ball and doesn't spend half the game running after possessions he's lost. He also doesn't take wild shots every 2 mins 99% which end up in the stand.  He's a good player but one of those players who looks good because he's running about like a headless chicken. Next time you see him play watch closely, he will make high number of stray passes and clumsy tackles in dangerous areas.  Now of course he would get in the Hearts team but we're talking about 50 mil being quoted for him hence my harsh assessment. 

Not harsh at all, no defensive discipline and if he’s the standard Man Utd are looking at then Ole is for the off.

Man United offering £50m for McGinn is about as likely as Celtic offering £5m for McKenna. 

Would certainly take the heat off the foreign players who always get blamed for diving and simulation.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Saint Jambo
8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You think that Paul Pogba, a winner of a world cup and several Serie A titles is 'fundamentally not good enough to win Premier leagues' so would replace him with McGinn? Wow.

Whilst Man U "need a core of humble British players who worked their way up from the bottom and understand that Man United does not accept finishing second' and Jesse Lingard doesn't fit this? Despite Lingard being a British player who has worked his way through the youth ranks and gone out on loan to various clubs before establishing himself in the Man U first team. What a weird argument.

£50m is still an out of the ordinary transfer in the EPL. There is a quiz here of top English transfers.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-how-many-100-most-expensive-premier-league-transfers-can-you-name

For context, based on that list at £50m John McGinn would be joint 15th highest transfer fee ever paid in England.

I've not seen much of him at Aston Villa, but still waiting for him to have a good game for Scotland.

Clark Griswold

Wonder if sticking his rear out to show his ‘strength’ and falling over will work in the PL.

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

You think that Paul Pogba, a winner of a world cup and several Serie A titles is 'fundamentally not good enough to win Premier leagues' so would replace him with McGinn? Wow.

Whilst Man U "need a core of humble British players who worked their way up from the bottom and understand that Man United does not accept finishing second' and Jesse Lingard doesn't fit this? Despite Lingard being a British player who has worked his way through the youth ranks and gone out on loan to various clubs before establishing himself in the Man U first team. What a weird argument.

£50m is still an out of the ordinary transfer in the EPL. There is a quiz here of top English transfers.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-how-many-100-most-expensive-premier-league-transfers-can-you-name

For context, based on that list at £50m John McGinn would be joint 15th highest transfer fee ever paid in England.

I've not seen much of him at Aston Villa, but still waiting for him to have a good game for Scotland.

Based on your last paragraph, you’ve not got too much credibility to be talking about John McGinn. He was Villas player of the year, the price is not particularly relevant to his quality as compared to player A or player B . As I’ve said, to Villa, premier league safety is worth at least £100m per season so if they are selling their player of the year, it’s got to be for silly money. 

Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying - sell Pogba for £100m and bring in McGinn, Longstaff and Rice. Players who will have the right respect for the jersey. 

As for Lingard, in my opinion he has as bad an attitude as Paul Pogba. He posts childish pish on his Instagram, it is embarrassing how childish he is. He is 26 and should be a senior pro but he really doesn’t have the serious desire to win every game, it all seems to be a bit of a joke to him at times. 

With Pogba, cash in simple as that. 

Anyone giving this nonsense the slightest bit of credence needs to step back from the heroin. I can see those clowns from the other side of town buying into this but Ffs, let's not go down their drug addled, inferiority complex induced, deluded fantasies.

Can't believe there's Hearts fans actually advocating this pish. :rofl:

11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would be buzzing as well.

City were  32 points in front last season.No way that midfield would move them closer in the league.

Add on Jones,Smalling and Mata have recently signed 3 year deals as well and you are beginning to see just how badly the club is being run.

11 minutes ago, CAR said:

The Sun are reporting that Hibs are on the verge of receiving a £6M investment from an Investor which if there is any truth in the McGinn rumour worries me

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4433827/hibs-investment-multi-million-tycoon-easter-road/

Aye, but are they investing in an inclusive community learning Hub and ladies team?

19 minutes ago, CAR said:

The Sun are reporting that Hibs are on the verge of receiving a £6M investment from an Investor which if there is any truth in the McGinn rumour worries me

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4433827/hibs-investment-multi-million-tycoon-easter-road/

Rumour a few weeks ago it’s the guy behind Yodel. 

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye, but are they investing in an inclusive community learning Hub and ladies team?

You can mock what we do off the pitch in regards to the community but that’s one of  the main reasons why the Benefactors invested the monies they did ?

25 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not liking that one bit! Do you think there is any truth in it?

3 minutes ago, CAR said:

Yes I do. The Sheep have had outside investment as well and don’t forget we have had this as well. 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Yes I do. The Sheep have had outside investment as well and don’t forget we have had this as well. 

This is a big development as I had envisioned us moving a fair bit ahead of them financially! Once we have repaid budge and the new stand starts to generate the income it was meant for it should have created a significant gap but this could change things imo

Hearts1975
11 hours ago, JyTees said:

Anyone giving this nonsense the slightest bit of credence needs to step back from the heroin. I can see those clowns from the other side of town buying into this but Ffs, let's not go down their drug addled, inferiority complex induced, deluded fantasies.

Can't believe there's Hearts fans actually advocating this pish. :rofl:

Here’s hoping ur right mate 

any cash windfall hitting the city tramps is a bad thing.

Mind you, the more I do think about it I just don’t see Man U signing mcginn for any amount of money 

hopefully he stays with villa and the tramps get SFA as payback ? 

vegas-voss
31 minutes ago, CAR said:

What you worried about it's Yodel if they are as good at delivering trophies as they are at delivering parcels they will be waiting a while on the next trophy.

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/07/2019 at 08:06, Leveins Battalion said:

Was there a no a rumour that we got offered him but Neilson didn't fancy him??

I think he was touted about to every club but nobody wanted him. 

He was on the verge of going to the second tier US league (Carolina Railhawks or something similar) before Hibs looked at him. 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Quite fitting, given that Hibs never deliver either...

22 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I actually agree with the previous poster. Nothing worse than a player that chooses when he turns it on. Pogba cannot be trusted and should be emptied at the first opportunity. If they could punt him. Lukaku & Sanchez that could probably part fund a revamp. Lads like Rice at West Ham should be more where they're looking at. I don't think they can just buy their way to the top, even what City did took time, they'd be far better accepting they've wasted the last several years and now bring in signings for the next 5, 6 years. 

I think a lot of Man utd fans will be quick to reference back to Alex Fergusons various teams over the years and youth development & hardwork seemed to be the foundations of what made his teams so great. Binning the aforementioned clowns would be a good way to change course and get back to where they want to be.

The Internet
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

So he'll promise to deliver success quickly but only sign folk incapable of doing it. Not worried. 

It should have been ten
20 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

I don't speak enough Hokkien Chinese to gauge their opinions.

:lol:

It should have been ten
37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So he'll promise to deliver success quickly but only sign folk incapable of doing it. Not worried. 

Exactly lol

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think he was touted about to every club but nobody wanted him. 

He was on the verge of going to the second tier US league (Carolina Railhawks or something similar) before Hibs looked at him. 

Ah Railhawks, shitehawks much of a muchness in the end 

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

£50m is a lot of money to pay for a helicopter boarding escort.

All I see in my mind when someone mentions him is the tremendous gif someone on here made of him running on and off helicopters ??

Hearts_fan
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

All I see in my mind when someone mentions him is the tremendous gif someone on here made of him running on and off helicopters ??

Likewise! I can rarely watch John McGinn now without imagining a helicopter landing nearby. A hilarious observation from whoever made it originally. 

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Seems to be growing arms and legs this story. Worrying when added to the other 6m coming in.

We've had significant millions invested by unnamed benefactors over the past few years, our shirt sponsor is also paid for by an unnamed benefactor. It's nothing new in Scottish football. 

These investments tend to be more for infrastructure anyway, because paying for transfer fees and wages would burn through it very quickly with no long term benefit.

3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We've had significant millions invested by unnamed benefactors over the past few years, our shirt sponsor is also paid for by an unnamed benefactor. It's nothing new in Scottish football. 

These investments tend to be more for infrastructure anyway, because paying for transfer fees and wages would burn through it very quickly with no long term benefit.

I doubt they will spunk it all on players but very likely they will make a couple of decent signings. And if McGinn does go to man u... worrying.

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I doubt they will spunk it all on players but very likely they will make a couple of decent signings. And if McGinn does go to man u... worrying.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried.