• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Peebo

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

old school tie

Scored a winning peach against hibs, but the guy is slower than Malaur Martin, and not suited to our 100 miles an hour hoofball.

been here before
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Sums this place up. Goal against Hibs and he's god.  A few weeks later and he's the worst signing we've ever made. Tossers. 

Not really. He's a pretty shite player who raked in a one in a hundred shot against Hibs.

Its not that difficult to understand.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hopefully, his song will no longer be sung.

You must be one of they arsehole fans who hates any song that gets the crowds going. People like you will turn tynecastle into a library 

For those that were there, they will remember Olly Lees goal at Easter Rd prompting some of the most epic celebrations seen in many a year.

Absolute carnage :laugh2:

For that alone, I thank him and wish him well should he move on. 

54 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If Olly Lee is our best midfield player we are in worse trouble than I thought. Statistically or otherwise. 

Couldn't agree more

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Sums this place up. Goal against Hibs and he's god.  A few weeks later and he's the worst signing we've ever made. Tossers. 

It's so funny if it weren't true. Hearts fans are full of tossers. 

There can't be many supports that hate themselves as much as us!

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agreed. Lazy is not a word i would use against either him, Bozanic or Haring tbf.

Not lazy, but I thought he was often a yard or 2 away from where a top player would have been and that was down to mobility rather than laziness.

Clare is lazy, Olly Lee is not.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

So Hearts fans now slate our best midfielder statistically last season

This place is full of piss flap merchants - know **** all about anything

Totally agree with the last bit. 

It should have been ten
25 minutes ago, Whatever said:

For those that were there, they will remember Olly Lees goal at Easter Rd prompting some of the most epic celebrations seen in many a year.

Absolute carnage :laugh2:

For that alone, I thank him and wish him well should he move on. 

:spoton:

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

It's so funny if it weren't true. Hearts fans are full of tossers. 

There can't be many supports that hate themselves as much as us!

Nail firmly on head ????

Jean Louis Valois

I find it strange that he’s had his squad number taken off him, bit of an Insult for him. Don’t think that would happen if he was staying with us, I think he will be away before the start of the season.

Sorry for Olly Lee, he’s not a bad player. Unfortunately he’s  now the accepted whipping boy for sections of our support.  He follows on from folk like a Kenny Black,  Alan Gordon, Davie Bowman and Miko. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Can’t see someone signing him when he’s injured 

Hearts sign injured players?

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

If Olly Lee is our best midfield player we are in worse trouble than I thought. Statistically or otherwise. 

Fortunately your views are entirely irrelevant.

Certainly assisted a fair number of our goals last season but he was always on the back foot, waiting for the ball to come to him when we were in possession. Never looked like he wanted to drive play forward.

Would have liked to keep him as a squad player but no great loss if he goes.

2 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Sorry mate I meant Michael/Emma are due their 2nd child soon. So they’ll have their hands full with a newborn. 

I think we’ll let him go back down south. His brother and parents are down there too as are all his wife’s family. Hard thing to do, pack up and move to the other side of the country. Lonely life for a wife and a young son while he’s at training all day. 

FFS  He's not going to have much of a career if he or his wife gets homesick a few hundred miles from home.

It's not as if he's good enough to be able to pick and choose.

Footballers have to be prepared to go where the work is.

He should get a 9 to 5 offence job might suit him and his Mrs better.

No loss to us anyway I hope although doubt we will get a fee from his new club.

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not lazy, but I thought he was often a yard or 2 away from where a top player would have been and that was down to mobility rather than laziness.

Clare is lazy, Olly Lee is not.

To be fair a top player would be more than a yard or 2 away from Tynecastle. At least a couple of hundred miles.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

FFS  He's not going to have much of a career if he or his wife gets homesick a few hundred miles from home.

It's not as if he's good enough to be able to pick and choose.

Footballers have to be prepared to go where the work is.

He should get a 9 to 5 offence job might suit him and his Mrs better.

No loss to us anyway I hope although doubt we will get a fee from his new club.

Agree re fee 

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Sorry for Olly Lee, he’s not a bad player. Unfortunately he’s  now the accepted whipping boy for sections of our support.  He follows on from folk like a Kenny Black,  Alan Gordon, Davie Bowman and Miko. 

Big difference these guys were actually footballers. 

Some utter nonsense being talked here. Lee is not a whipping boy, gets nowhere near the negative reaction that Wighton and at times Maclean get from the crowd at Tynecastle. He is a player who is not suited to the way we play as he is too slow and for that reason it seems unlikely he is a first choice. This was evident in the manager's selections in the final months of the season. For that reason it would be better all round if he goes somewhere else so our younger midfielders get more first team opportunities. It's pretty straightforward. 

CloustonHMFC

Olly Lee is a good player, just not in Scotland when you don’t get enough time on the ball for the most part. Most of the good play he’s had is when folk have stood off him and he’s been given time on the ball, that doesn’t happen too often here.

I’d be happy to let him go on a free, if we don’t have to pay him off, and use the wages for someone more suited to our game.

It’s not meant as a slant on him but that’s just the way it is, he’s too slow for Scotland. 

35 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I saw him on Princes Street the other day.

Was he dithering about, getting in people's way and slowing everyone down by any chance?

Regular John

Yeah he's absolutely chronic and we'll be well rid.

He is slow,  hopeless at reading the game and goes long spells being totally anonymous, for a central midfielder it's just not good enough.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Olly Lee is a good player, just not in Scotland when you don’t get enough time on the ball for the most part. Most of the good play he’s had is when folk have stood off him and he’s been given time on the ball, that doesn’t happen too often here.

I’d be happy to let him go on a free, if we don’t have to pay him off, and use the wages for someone more suited to our game.

It’s not meant as a slant on him but that’s just the way it is, he’s too slow for Scotland. 

Of course we will need to pay him. 

We going to pay off a player who played 31 league games the year before?

How about we accept him as a useful squad player, get him motivated to play for a place (who, genuinely, is ahead of him? - remember Djoum is clearly leaving) and have genuine competition for places?

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair a top player would be more than a yard or 2 away from Tynecastle. At least a couple of hundred miles.

Good point well presented.

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Of course we will need to pay him. 

We going to pay off a player who played 31 league games the year before?

How about we accept him as a useful squad player, get him motivated to play for a place (who, genuinely, is ahead of him? - remember Djoum is clearly leaving) and have genuine competition for places?

If someone comes in for him, say Luton, and he wants to go then I don’t see why we would need to pay him off if he is wanting to leave for diddly squat.

I would accept him as squad player, but would he be happy with that? I don’t think he warrants a place in the starting 11 and unless he can pick up the pace a bit then he never will.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

If someone comes in for him, say Luton, and he wants to go then I don’t see why we would need to pay him off if he is wanting to leave for diddly squat.

I would accept him as squad player, but would he be happy with that? I don’t think he warrants a place in the starting 11 and unless he can pick up the pace a bit then he never will.

Well we would expect another club to pay money for him. Every player has a price so it would depend on the offer 

At the moment, we do not have brilliant options in the middle. We would need to buy - especially if Djoum leaves. 

Brauhauser2012

Lee is by no means a bad player considering some of our signings in recent years but he is slow and his work rate is poor. He is just very average. If his heart is not in it, it will show in his football. 

13 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Think you're, mostly , correct . He is a great striker of the ball . Sees a pass etc , but he will never inject pace , drive the the team on .

Good squad player 

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Big difference these guys were actually footballers. 

They still got it tight from certain sections of our support. A bit like a comfort blanket for some.

38 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

How much do you think we could get for an un injured olly Lee? 

The legit answer is nothing. A player is only worth what they are to the club and he's played a bit part recently so I'd say nothing.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

The legit answer is nothing. A player is only worth what they are to the club and he's played a bit part recently so I'd say nothing.

We would allow him to move back to Luton for nothing?

Captain Bubblebeard
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If him leaving frees up a (presumably) reasonable wage to bring in a more suitable replacement then, yes I would.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If I were leaving...I'd say he'd go for free. If we're letting him go he's worth nothing 

Nookie Bear
Just now, cruzabic said:

If I were leaving...I'd say he'd go for free. If we're letting him go he's worth nothing 

A midfielder who played the majority of our games last season and has two years left on his contract is worth a few quid. 

rick witter
49 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Fortunately your views are entirely irrelevant.

Best midfielder in a 6th place team in Scotland!! 

Some player 

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Remember that time he was getting pelters at Tyine when we were losing and he was taking ages just to get to the corner flag to take the corner, that sums him up, just slooooows the team down when he plays. 

That still keeps me awake at night. 

Losing at home, to Dundee and he saunters across like we were 8-0 up. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A midfielder who played the majority of our games last season and has two years left on his contract is worth a few quid. 

This. Exchange for Cummings. ??

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Absolutely in the grand scheme of things, I just think if a club was willing to let a player go that's usually the case that they'd go for nothing. Players are only worth as much as folk are willing to spend and can't see anyone spending anything on him.

heartsfc_fan

Far too casual and can't tackle or head the ball to save himself.

Does whip a good ball in and has a good shot on him however. Definitely a squad player.

I'd hope we don't let him go for free. Certainly worth £200k to somebody.

Lee quite clearly has ability but for me he's very lazy on the pitch and his brain seems to be slow as well, always takes too long on the ball.

2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Can’t see someone signing him when he’s injured 

Callum Paterson at Cardiff? 

3 hours ago, kila said:

Be happy to keep him as as squad player. But not a starter in my lineup, so if he's after game time he'll be away when over his injury in the next few weeks.

See that is why we never challenge for anything. Having players around as squad players is pish. Everyone in the team should be good enough for the starting 11.