Olly Lee looking to leave ( updated )

MaskedMarauder

MaskedMarauder

Not sure if it’s been discussed on here but pretty much looking like he’s away. His #8 jersey given away to Sean Clare, wife and son staying down south and his house at Kirkliston just been put up on the market. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• JamboAl

• Peebo

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hopefully, his song will no longer be sung.

It will its the only song in our songbook

joondalupjambo

What contract is Lee on, 3 years?

Did we get him when he was out on contract?

If he is off will we get something for him?

Maybe he thinks Kirkliston is a bit out the way and is just moving into the hustle and bustle of the city where the action is?

Questions, questions, questions this club just keeps on giving, love it.

Randy Marsh

No great loss.  Can take a set piece but that's about it.  Thanks for the winner against Hibs.

Edited by Randy Marsh

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

No great loss.  Can take a set piece but that's about it.  Thanks for the winner against Hibs.

That wasn’t a set piece.  ?

MaskedMarauder
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

What contract is Lee on, 3 years?

Did we get him when he was out on contract?

If he is off will we get something for him?

Maybe he thinks Kirkliston is a bit out the way and is just moving into the hustle and bustle of the city where the action is?

Questions, questions, questions this club just keeps on giving, love it.

Aye 3yr contract when we signed him from Luton. He was living next door to Michael Smith and his wife by all accounts was lonely as anything up here. Couldn’t make any friends except from Michael’s wife but they are expecting their 2nd child any week now. Surely if he was just moving house his wife and boy would be up here with him? Even living in a hotel like they did for the first month he moved up here. 

Gigolo-Aunt
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t rate him then? ?

Nope.  Getting a wage off the bill is a good thing as well when there is plenty of time left in the window.

Is he not out injured for a while yet?

No team are going to be interested if this is the case 

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Aye 3yr contract when we signed him from Luton. He was living next door to Michael Smith and his wife by all accounts was lonely as anything up here. Couldn’t make any friends except from Michael’s wife but they are expecting their 2nd child any week now. Surely if he was just moving house his wife and boy would be up here with him? Even living in a hotel like they did for the first month he moved up here. 

Homesickness is the worst and if his wife is not settling then that will have a knock on effect to him.

Could be she wants the kid born in England though and staying there so he just needs a flat.

Who knows.

The Internet

None of his goals were set pieces I don't think? :lol:

I'm not a big fan of his though, definitely has some talent but always felt he should be contributing more. Won't be too fussed if he's away. 

MaskedMarauder
Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Homesickness is the worst and if his wife is not settling then that will have a knock on effect to him.

Could be she wants the kid born in England though and staying there so he just needs a flat.

Who knows.

Sorry mate I meant Michael/Emma are due their 2nd child soon. So they’ll have their hands full with a newborn. 

I think we’ll let him go back down south. His brother and parents are down there too as are all his wife’s family. Hard thing to do, pack up and move to the other side of the country. Lonely life for a wife and a young son while he’s at training all day. 

Be happy to keep him as as squad player. But not a starter in my lineup, so if he's after game time he'll be away when over his injury in the next few weeks.

been here before
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Is he not out injured for a while yet?

No team are going to be interested if this is the case 

We would be.

However, cheerio....

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

None of his goals were set pieces I don't think? :lol:

I'm not a big fan of his though, definitely has some talent but always felt he should be contributing more. Won't be too fussed if he's away. 

Think most of his 12 assists were though?

Someone on here said he's injured. So take from that what you will. 

Most likely out the door in my opinion. 

Or at least i hope. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

1 minute ago, Aich E Eh said:

Someone on here said he's injured. So take from that what you will. 

Most likely out the door in my opinion. 

? That’s hardly a secret...he got a bad knee injury at Parkhead on the last day of the season; missed the cup final.

Just now, combo74 said:

? That’s hardly a secret...he got a bad knee injury at Parkhead on the last day of the season; missed the cup final.

Aye, that's true.

An update from the club would be good. 

7 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Aye, that's true.

An update from the club would be good. 

Well when it was known he'd miss the final the reports said he'd likely be out for 2months and face a race to get back for the start of the season.

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Sorry mate I meant Michael/Emma are due their 2nd child soon. So they’ll have their hands full with a newborn. 

I think we’ll let him go back down south. His brother and parents are down there too as are all his wife’s family. Hard thing to do, pack up and move to the other side of the country. Lonely life for a wife and a young son while he’s at training all day. 

You appear to be very in the know?

Has he told you this first hand or is it just Kirkliston gossip?

MaskedMarauder

He has been injured, doing his rehab now with us but plenty time between now and end of August to move him on which I think we will

maroonlegions

Remember that time he was getting pelters at Tyine when we were losing and he was taking ages just to get to the corner flag to take the corner, that sums him up, just slooooows the team down when he plays. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Thought Police
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Can’t see someone signing him when he’s injured 

Only we do that

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Remember that time he was getting pelters at Tyine when we were losing and he was taking ages just to get to the corner flag to take the corner, that sums him up, just slooooows the team down when he plays. 

I was raging at that, however he did score that game albeit a huge deflection. The whole team were shocking that night.

Edited by neilnunb

A_A wehatethehibs

This is pure speculation, don’t see Lee going anwhere with Djoum already away. Unless somebody is buying him, £1m player imo, multiply his real value £200k x5 as he is English so English sides will pay that premium due to how few English footballers there are playing in their top 2 divisions these days.

We would not be letting him just walk out of his contract, we’d be leaving ourselves a bit light at Center mid if we lose both him and Djoum. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is pure speculation, don’t see Lee going anwhere with Djoum already away. Unless somebody is buying him, £1m player imo, multiply his real value £200k x5 as he is English so English sides will pay that premium due to how few English footballers there are playing in their top 2 divisions these days.

We would not be letting him just walk out of his contract, we’d be leaving ourselves a bit light at Center mid if we lose both him and Djoum

We'd be leaving ourselves a bit light by playing him. 

I had posted similar the other day when Clare picked number 8 and lee posted a message on instagram talking up Luton etc

Nookie Bear

He showed enough last season to convince me he deserves another season to show his worth. He an deliver a ball, pass and showed his shooting his ability - obviously he is no Paul Scholes but that’s the market we are in. 

Simply, we cannot afford to just give up on players and cut our losses so often. It costs too much. 

I want him to stay and come good. Personally and only in my opinion, I think if he could work on his pace and physicality he could be good for us. But I'm fully aware that essentially means he needs to graft like hell. 

rick witter
22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So Hearts fans now slate our best midfielder statistically last season

This place is full of piss flap merchants - know **** all about anything

If Olly Lee is our best midfield player we are in worse trouble than I thought. Statistically or otherwise. 

MaskedMarauder
9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Posted this on the POY event in May.

Very unhappy and never hid the fact 

Never noticed tour post at the time but do remember he sat with Jamie Brandon that night and the 2 of them looked like they’d rather have been anywhere except there. Terrible attitudes from the 2 of them that night. 

Not the first time his attitude has been questioned either from what I hear. 

It should have been ten
34 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Sums this place up. Goal against Hibs and he's god.  A few weeks later and he's the worst signing we've ever made. Tossers. 

Spot on! 

25 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He's got to be worth at least £500k to an English team?

Is that the Sevco player valuation calculator you're using there Jammy? 

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Well I’ll not lose any sleep if he leaves

he lives off his dad’s name and the cringeworthy song some fans sing 

Let's be honest. Our song book has took a turn for the worse recently! 

If we're not singing about a player we're singing about going to Europe...

Edited by Blacky87

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Sean Clare was wearing 18 today not 8.

Clare is 8 now. 

Pre season friendly kit numbers usually are just randomly handed out 

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Let's be honest. Our song book has took a turn for the worse recently! 

If we're not singing about a player we're singing about going to Europe...

Very true

better than the flute song when Lafferty was here though 

HillmanHearts

Some pretty harsh stuff on this thread about Olly.

He's a decent football player and he made a fair contribution especially first half of last season. 

I don't think he's lazy, I just think he finds it difficult to play a high tempo, pressing game. Just maybe not naturally super fit and also maybe wants a bit too much time on the ball.

It's not quite worked out and maybe he's also found it hard to settle domestically.

Don't think this was a bad signing - sometimes it just doesn't quite work out.

Seems a nice bloke too - so if he goes then there's no acrimony from me.

And I'll remember that fecken peach V the Vermin with great fondness.

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Clare is 8 now. 

Pre season friendly kit numbers usually are just randomly handed out 

Ah right, cheers.

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Some pretty harsh stuff on this thread about Olly.

He's a decent football player and he made a fair contribution especially first half of last season. 

I don't think he's lazy, I just think he finds it difficult to play a high tempo, pressing game. Just maybe not naturally super fit and also maybe wants a bit too much time on the ball.

It's not quite worked out and maybe he's also found it hard to settle domestically.

Don't think this was a bad signing - sometimes it just doesn't quite work out.

Seems a nice bloke too - so if he goes then there's no acrimony from me.

And I'll remember that fecken peach V the Vermin with great fondness.

Agreed. Lazy is not a word i would use against either him, Bozanic or Haring tbf.