Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think what happened was that LD initially suspended NL with a view to dismissing him, then The Tache came back from holiday, had a word from NL's lawyer, then went straight into settlement mode, which generated that bizarre "He's not been sacked but he's no longer manager" statement. 

Correct. Leanne started the disciplinary process with Lemonhead. 

Petrie then overruled her and negotiated a ‘not sacked/not resigned’ deal with Lemonhead allegedly in knowledge of Rodgers leaving and sellick lining up the cheap replacement of Lemonhead.

Lemonhead started his new job at Parkhead while not having officially left the Hobos.

Hence Leanne angrily having to phone the editors of the Sun and Daily Record to tell them to remove articles about him now being sellick manager when he was still actually employed by the hobos.

Edited by Brave Hearts

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Hexit campaign is picking up speed it seems. 

Hopefully he lasts at least until the first derby. And completely Fexit. 

48 minutes ago, sadj said:

Must be a hobo on here who doesnt mind giving away their secrets and revealing if its in lockdown or they had an attack thats put it out of commission or something? Surely after infiltrating here for a while they’d learn the errors of their ways and that green is a colour not suited to normal people 💁🏻‍♂️

I use another forum which I believe uses the same software to run that .net runs on. 

It went down recently because the owners forgot to renew the license.

I suspect that’s whats happened over there 👍 

Edit. Just checked and they both do run on Vbulletin so this may be the case.

Edited by Vlad Magic

17 hours ago, tcjambo said:

They really are a strange breed. They go into lockdown even when there is no obvious reason.

I bloody knew they'd go into lockdown. Someone farts and dot net goes into lockdown. Sad people. Honestly :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I use another forum which I believe uses the same software to run that .net runs on. 

It went down recently because the owners forgot to renew the license.

I suspect that’s whats happened over there 👍 

Edit. Just checked and they both do run on Vbulletin so this may be the case.

Tick, Tock!

They're currently discussing why Ron has asked all Heads of Departments for 5 year plans. Some of them think this is outrageous, some of then think this is some kind of strategic masterstroke. 

Some of them think Dempster is under pressure, some of them don't. 

Worth mentioning that they all wish the Jambo that was attacked at Motherwell a speedy recovery & universally condemn the assailants. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I was only joking but I do quite like her.  Scottish football needs more like her and Anne (Burrows at Killie maybe seems OK too).  

She has had a hard job at Hibs and you feel she's done what she can working there.

:laugh: did anyone else read that as hand job?

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

He's gonna do that for us.

The last Hands Off Hibs campaign I was there for them as were hundreds of other Jambos .If Ron did decides to recoup his monies and sell of the club and ground and after all their letters shit and campaigning to kill us I'm in the let them die camp..How many of you guys would be there again to help them ?

37 minutes ago, iainmac said:

They're currently discussing why Ron has asked all Heads of Departments for 5 year plans. Some of them think this is outrageous, some of then think this is some kind of strategic masterstroke. 

Some of them think Dempster is under pressure, some of them don't. 

Worth mentioning that they all wish the Jambo that was attacked at Motherwell a speedy recovery & universally condemn the assailants. 

So server is fine? They’ve actually gone into lockdown mode after drawing Kilmarnock in the League Cup? It’s got the makings of a very good season this has!

5 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

The last Hands Off Hibs campaign I was there for them as were hundreds of other Jambos .If Ron did decides to recoup his monies and sell of the club and ground and after all their letters shit and campaigning to kill us I'm in the let them die camp..How many of you guys would be there again to help them ?

I doubt any hearts fan will be there this time. Just to piss them off we should donate to FOH what ever they raise to save there club. Show them who the big club is.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So server is fine? They’ve actually gone into lockdown mode after drawing Kilmarnock in the League Cup? It’s got the makings of a very good season this has!

Shock and dismay whenever they don't get a home tie in the cup.

16 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I know, and when you think of it, that's a shame.  I feel that way too.

We can go on about 5-1 killing them and all that, but my take on it is that the internet with social media and forums (like this) have created more of a division than ever - they create polarisation and aren't really a good thing (he says while typing on one instead of doing his work!)

Ron Burgundy
18 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I wanted them dead back then and even more so now.

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

See page 47 of this thread for the reason. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I know, and when you think of it, that's a shame.  I feel that way too.

We can go on about 5-1 killing them and all that, but my take on it is that the internet with social media and forums (like this) have created more of a division than ever - they create polarisation and aren't really a good thing (he says while typing on one instead of doing his work!)

I feel that if they had put as much effort and money into HSL as we did with our own Goliath then things down there would be oh so different.

Carl Fredrickson
24 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

GorgieRules22
32 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

You must have felt fairly silly when we went into admin and they all wanted us dead then ?

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You must have felt fairly silly when we went into admin and they all wanted us dead then ?

In a life of feeling fairly silly that was a meagre contribution,trust me !

7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I would hardly think so, it was a different time and the supporters had a rivalry and a level of hatred but most wanted them to stay just so we could continue to pump them dry.

The fact, as has been pointed out, that social media has driven much more of a wishing ill and hope of our club folding has changed peoples view if it were ever to happen in reverse.

I might have missed it but has big Ron taken security over the ground yet as well as East Mains as that will be an interesting move.

Edited by Jamboelite

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Lots of Jambo’s were there when Hands off Hibs happened ,( i wasn’t before you say a word) but you can’t have a pop at them for that but the vileness of their attitude when we were approaching then hit admin means many just wouldn’t give a **** now if they went to the wall. I doubt they will but Ron isn’t there to throw money away.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Hardly, it was a different time and the supporters had a rivalry and a level of hatred but most wanted them to stay just so we could continue to pump them dry.

The fact, as has been pointed out, that social media has driven much more of a wishing ill and hope of our club folding has changed peoples view if it were ever to happen in reverse.

I might have missed it but g=has big Ron taken security over the ground yet as well as East Mains as that will be an interesting move.

Think someone said he had but then i read on here it was just the ticket office area etc rather than the whole ground. So far 🤨

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Pretty unfair,  lots of people including me have hibs supporting mates and it was those friends we turned up at HOH their loss would have affected us all , different times as well,  as stated above the polarisation is much greater today . Would still miss the banter if they went under 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Think someone said he had but then i read on here it was just the ticket office area etc rather than the whole ground. So far 🤨

i had a look on company house and posted the other day, it looks like the stadium is included in a standard charge as the charge is against 12 albion place 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lots of Jambo’s were there when Hands off Hibs happened ,( i wasn’t before you say a word) but you can’t have a pop at them for that but the vileness of their attitude when we were approaching then hit admin means many just wouldn’t give a **** now if they went to the wall. I doubt they will but Ron isn’t there to throw money away.

None of the Hibs fans I know wanted Hearts extinct but they weren't in charitable mood after the cup final and the prospect of a cva forgiving 20 plus million of football debt. Put the shoe on the other foot and tell me you'd be okay with them on a cva after taking us to the cleaners for years with players on big money they couldn't afford. I don't see any link with Mercer in 1990, I still don't know what he was trying to do there. Kill them off and rebrand Hearts after some insane merger. Deluded beyond measure.

I should say that I have plenty Hibby mates none of whom actually wanted us out of business. 

Did meet a few, on Scotland trips and that, who were foaming at the mouth us cheeeturz to die though, so swongs and roundabouts!  Remember one - a friend of a friend - latching on to me in Dortmund and getting all hot and bothered about how we'd cheated and 5-1 would never have happened, and blah blah blah, and we deserve to go bust and... I told him no club chat on international duty and that if he watered my pint down any more with his tears he was getting my boot inserted in his jaw.

End of the day - like they'd have turned down VR's money?  Like they'd turn down their new owners if he was willing to part with any!?

24 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I hope they die then we team I

Tenaciousdandy

Personally i don't want hibs to go bust and disappear from football, happy for them to have years of financial uncertainty, and be cannon fodder for us for many a year tho .

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

8 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

i had a look on company house and posted the other day, it looks like the stadium is included in a standard charge as the charge is against 12 albion place 

Here's a link to the charge, it appears to me that it is the whole stadium area. 

Link

59 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I hope they die as a club!! 

I have a lot of family who support them and will take great pleasure in showing my smug face off when it happens.

be like 19th May 2012 all over again.

GorgieRules22
Just now, SUTOL said:

Here's a link to the charge, it appears to me that it is the whole stadium area. 

Link

Not working

GorgieRules22
Just now, 1874robbo said:

I have a lot of family who support them and will take great pleasure in showing my smug face off when it happens.

Well said that man.

4 minutes ago, scratchy said:

I hope they die then we team I

What I meant to say was.

I hope they do die so we can re-animate them and watch it all over again. 

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Perfect!

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Not working

If you type in hibs company house, all the documents are there to view in pdf form

132goals1958
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

None of the Hibs fans I know wanted Hearts extinct but they weren't in charitable mood after the cup final and the prospect of a cva forgiving 20 plus million of football debt. Put the shoe on the other foot and tell me you'd be okay with them on a cva after taking us to the cleaners for years with players on big money they couldn't afford. I don't see any link with Mercer in 1990, I still don't know what he was trying to do there. Kill them off and rebrand Hearts after some insane merger. Deluded beyond measure.

I take your point generally but our cup final team that humiliated them was made up of academy graduates along with free transfers from Falkirk, Dundee United, Inverness, St Johnston and the lower Spanish Division. Hibs on the other hand were full of Loanees including Griffiths who they could ill afford. They are a deluded lot if they still peddle the myth that we somehow gained an unfair advantage on that wonderful never to be forgotten ,glorious day in May.

13 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I take your point generally but our cup final team that humiliated them was made up of academy graduates along with free transfers from Falkirk, Dundee United, Inverness, St Johnston and the lower Spanish Division. Hibs on the other hand were full of Loanees including Griffiths who they could ill afford. They are a deluded lot if they still peddle the myth that we somehow gained an unfair advantage on that wonderful never to be forgotten ,glorious day in May.

I challenged many a hobo on this very topic. I asked them to name 1 player we couldn’t afford who played in the final even naming the starting 11 plus substitutes.

They couldn’t name 1 👍

I’m confused by the standard security. Surely  you only need one if you are loaning money and have some concern that you might kit get it back. Doesn’t reflect a wealthy benevolent owner? Is he loaning  them

money at a rate to make money if the fans don’t pony up?

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Must be a hobo on here who doesnt mind giving away their secrets and revealing if its in lockdown or they had an attack thats put it out of commission or something? Surely after infiltrating here for a while they’d learn the errors of their ways and that green is a colour not suited to normal people 💁🏻‍♂️

You my friend are spot on 👌🏼

Stewie Griffin

Just had a look on Hibees bounce, and there’s a thread on there that’s descended into them complaining about the lack of budget and the fact that Ron wants them to pay towards upgrading their indoor training facility which apparently they have to do by 2022 in order to maintain their premier elite status, which is something we along with the old firm, Aberdeen and a couple of others have. Only none of them want to put any of their giro money towards it.

Edited by Stewie Griffin

I want for them what the .nut wanted for us: deid, oot the game, in a box, buried, pushing up the daisies...

I'd settle for liquidation, AFC Hibs 2020, sharing with Spartans, Lowland League..., however. 

I'm not a monster. 

Edited by martoon

51 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They pretty much did that anyway with the bank wiping their debts.

132goals1958
26 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I challenged many a hobo on this very topic. I asked them to name 1 player we couldn’t afford who played in the final even naming the starting 11 plus substitutes.

They couldn’t name 1 👍

We were down on our uppers at that time but Andy Driver set the tone by emphasizing that them beating us in the most important derby ever would not be allowed to happen.

5 hours ago, Homme said:

She could come to the big team. Would be an asset to us and would work well with Ann. 

Yes, after the FOH has purchased Ann's shares, could well see Ann remain as Chairwoman, but bring in Dempster to be CEO.  It would take a lot of the day to day work from Ann, let her spend a bit more time with her family while still overseeing Hearts. 

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Link

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says an area of 386.5 square metres, pretty sure that doesn't cover a football pitch which is about 7,000 square metres.

45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t want them dead. 

I’d rather they had to suffer us for eternity. 

Administration then a continual downward spiral and into the Lowland League.  I hope it hurts.