Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Was it not St Midden, and 6-2, although I think we also lost to Clydebank in that opening spell.

6-2 to st mirren yip!!! Think what that could have done to the goal difference if it had maybe only been 3-2!! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

A week after the Clydebank game, that we lost 1-0 away we drew 1-1 with Dundee at home and then went on the run, all thanks to London Hearts website and not my aged memory so no smarty pants moments here I am afraid:thumbsup:  I

Fair enough :laugh:

My memory was from the book i had years ago, going through every result of the season. I liked that book.

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

We sat at the Clydebank game contemplating relegation that season.

Amazing how quickly circumstances can change.

Especially under a manager with drive and will to win!!!

50 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Especially under a manager with drive and will to win!!!

It's also very odd that our manager was a massive part of that team where the blend of youth and experience was bang on. The older players brought in were bang on. The desire and will to win were bang on. That team was everything this one isn't. Made of glass, can't score goals, carrying passengers, played to win every game.

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

One extra point was all we needed so it was over before it began

But it was a fun ride till the end.

Or one dropped point by Celtic 😃

53 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It's also very odd that our manager was a massive part of that team where the blend of youth and experience was bang on. The older players brought in were bang on. The desire and will to win were bang on. That team was everything this one isn't. Made of glass, can't score goals, carrying passengers, played to win every game.

Different era and different culture, back in those days you had to clean up the shite(sometimes literally) in the stands, clean boots and go through a real apprenticeship, once you got your chance you had to take it or you were on a YTS on about 4 quid a week... made you want it. Boys now a days get pampered and very few have that same desire to succeed. The older players didn’t have the comfort of massive salaries to bank so the longer they stayed in the game the better. Very few from any of our squads through the 80s/90s have stayed in the game most are taxi drivers, posties and tradesmen now.

Now a quick call to your agent and your off to a new club and not one shite is given about the club your leaving. We currently have a team who just aren’t responding to our manager and perhaps he is past his sell by date and we need a new modern thinking coach who knows how to get the best out these players.

The Hibs manager is different, he’s completely underestimated this league and thought a few carthorses from England’s Sunday amateur leagues could cut it up here! 

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Different era and different culture, back in those days you had to clean up the shite(sometimes literally) in the stands, clean boots and go through a real apprenticeship, once you got your chance you had to take it or you were on a YTS on about 4 quid a week... made you want it. Boys now a days get pampered and very few have that same desire to succeed. The older players didn’t have the comfort of massive salaries to bank so the longer they stayed in the game the better. Very few from any of our squads through the 80s/90s have stayed in the game most are taxi drivers, posties and tradesmen now.

Now a quick call to your agent and your off to a new club and not one shite is given about the club your leaving. We currently have a team who just aren’t responding to our manager and perhaps he is past his sell by date and we need a new modern thinking coach who knows how to get the best out these players.

The Hibs manager is different, he’s completely underestimated this league and thought a few carthorses from England’s Sunday amateur leagues could cut it up here! 

Pretty much nails it. Real lack of desire generally because you're financially alright anyway. Different approach required.

53 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Well look not too bad a side, on 4500 crowds they do well, well.

That'll be the Well that we did well to knock out the cup Well?

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

One extra point was all we needed so it was over before it began

But it was a fun ride till the end.

3 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Or one dropped point by Celtic 😃

Although everyone knows how the season ended, the first game ended in a draw with Celtic - they scored an injury time equaliser! 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, graygo said:

That'll be the Well that we did well to knock out the cup Well?

Didn't we do well. (copyright Bruce Forsythe)

4 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Hibs.net on lockdown 

It's on lockdown 300 days of the year 

What a shan shabby wee site they have over on sisterfister 

been here before
34 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Looks like the newspapers and mail are piling up behind the door whilst the collection of milk bottles on the cyber doorstep goes uncollected.

Perhaps a kindly passerby should phone the social services.

Or maybe not.

Stephen Muddie
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Was it not St Midden, and 6-2, although I think we also lost to Clydebank in that opening spell.

Aye sorry. thanks for putting that right, Rob (and others)

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Not for me.   What .Net are trying to introduce is a total clamp down on GUESTS, especially after a sh*t game.  So basically every weekend.  

Nothing to see here, move along.

Took a wee look at Hibeesbounce and even they have a "what's wrong at dotnut" thread. 

Seems also that the former is chocabloc with punters banned from the latter.

What did they do, I wonder? Dotnut is a filth peddling nest of scuttlers where anything goes as far as Hearts are concerned. 

Must have been pretty bad to get kicked out of that shameless site. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Took a wee look at Hibeesbounce and even they have a "what's wrong at dotnut" thread. 

Seems also that the former is chocabloc with punters banned from the latter.

What did they do, I wonder? Dotnut is a filth peddling nest of scuttlers where anything goes as far as Hearts are concerned. 

Must have been pretty bad to get kicked out of that shameless site. 

They didn’t say Yam fud in enough posts so were kicked off for being yam fuds

They have a poll running. 88% want Heckingbottom out.

They have a thread complaining about how shite their signings are.

A thread about “won’t be back” until “the bum as I now call him” is gone. 

And their thread on who should be the next manager includes Moyes and Strachan. 

Quite an enjoyable read until I remembered we are even worse.

It's back.  .net is back.  Made my day.  Off to bed now with 1984.  Can't believe I haven't read that before.  Will supplement it with .net in the morning unless it's back in lockdoon.

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Just change the names and it's exactly like this place just now

15 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I genuinely don't think we are worse. And even if we are, we will get better and they won't. 

36 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

I genuinely don't think we are worse. And even if we are, we will get better and they won't. 

A race to the bottom

14 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

The players are behind Hecky.

Steven Naismith today said our players are behind Levein, wouldn’t read too much into it. 

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's back.  .net is back.  Made my day.  Off to bed now with 1984.  Can't believe I haven't read that before.  Will supplement it with .net in the morning unless it's back in lockdoon.

Ah, Nineteen Eighty Four... The blueprint for modern civilisation. Telescreens, sexcrimes, and doublethink. Enjoy.

Remember though to carry out the mantras in your real life: War is Peace (bomb the middle east to freedom). Freedom is slavery (get yourself in lifetime debt for the freedom to put up a shelf) Ignorance is strength. (put your fingers over your ears and go "la la la la", perhaps call people conspiracy theorists/crazy etc). 

We are better than Hibs btw, FFS... :facepalm:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

80 years ago today.

Hearts win (Motherwell), Hibs lose (Albion Rovers). 

Though these were last fixtures before league was suspended due to the outbreak of war to be replaced for the year by regional leagues.  

Edited by Mikey1874