mscjambo

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

So let's get this straight.

As 100% fully paid up owners of East Mains, Hibs still have to:

- Hire the Jack Kane centre for indoor training when the weather is inclement
- Hire the PureGym for pre-season training
- Hire the Oriam for reserve matches

The "academy" side of it hasn't brought through a sellable asset in years, if ever.

It's basically a barn with a small indoor 5 a side pitch and a couple of bits of astro-turf.  

So yeah, go on about "owning" such an asset. It's like boasting you own a fully paid up lada rather than leasing a BMW. 

This is a great post and I hope some of the hobbits on here read it, though they are usually conspicuous by their absence on those kind of threads. Thanks, Gizmo.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fort Vallance
23 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I don't know the figures involved, in either our deal with Oriam or Hibs costs at EM, but in response to the bit about part-time/limited access...We have our own area within Oriam, our own offices and changing rooms etc. Those bits aren't used by anyone else. Even on the sponsors morning visit we didn't get access into there. The pitches both of the indoor pitches and the outdoor pitches are available to rent for the general public, but have priority for these for training and matches. 

I might be wrong but didn't we contribute a fair whack of the original building costs when we got cash from SMG in the dim and distant past ?

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I might be wrong but didn't we contribute a fair whack of the original building costs when we got cash from SMG in the dim and distant past ?

I was wondering if there was still some kind of "goodwill" from that.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

£2.35 million, almost half the costs. Since then what we've been paying in rent has more than paid off the rest.

It would be interesting to compare the startup costs and annual rent we pay to what it cost Hibs to build their shed, and how much it costs them to run it every year, as well as comparing what each club gets for the money facilities wise.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The "academy" side of it hasn't brought through a sellable asset in years, if ever.

It's basically a barn with a small indoor 5 a side pitch and a couple of bits of astro-turf.  

So yeah, go on about "owning" such an asset. It's like boasting you own a fully paid up lada rather than leasing a BMW. 

Not only that but they went into a free-fall starting THE DAY AFTER it opened that lasted over 10 years. Money well spent lads!

Opened on the 19th December and Collins resigned on the 20th. One of my favourite HIbsing-its.

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not only that but they went into a free-fall starting THE DAY AFTER it opened that lasted over 10 years. Money well spent lads!

Opened on the 19th December and Collins resigned on the 20th. One of my favourite HIbsing-its.

🤣

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Sounds like it’s only fit for getting flattened and houses built on it... if only someone would buy it and take out security on it... oh wait...

gorgie rd eh11

"In perpetuity" was something they bandied about when they opened their place.

Aye the sole cost of running and maintaining a place in a s**t location, "in perpetuity".

:teehee:

3 hours ago, Prof said:

What sort of training ground is best. A new state of the art facility run in conjunction with a leading University on the outskirts of Edinburgh or a pitch built by laying a few inches of top soil on the ruins of a clapped out diary next to an outdoor pig farm run by a Deidco supporter near Ormiston.

It's kind of like a guy who owns a 1 bedroom flat trying to score points over a guy who rents a luxury penthouse, because the penthouse guy doesn't own his property.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

:yas: 

Speaking to a really interesting chap last night who seemed to know quite a bit about the goings on inside ER. He reckoned that as part of Ron’s “ come back with your plans for the next year”  that Dempster had been told to prepare a report for him on reducing the overheads. Maybe some serious belt tightening on the  horizon for them.

12 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I don't know the figures involved, in either our deal with Oriam or Hibs costs at EM, but in response to the bit about part-time/limited access...We have our own area within Oriam, our own offices and changing rooms etc. Those bits aren't used by anyone else. Even on the sponsors morning visit we didn't get access into there. The pitches both of the indoor pitches and the outdoor pitches are available to rent for the general public, but have priority for these for training and matches. 

But the HMFC training centre (which we contributed to) was there before ORIAM, so aren't the two places different, i.e. are you sure HMFC has offices etc. in ORIAM?

Just now, ericb said:

But the HMFC training centre (which we contributed to) was there before ORIAM, so aren't the two places different, i.e. are you sure HMFC has offices etc. in ORIAM?

The whole place is now Oriam, the Hearts area is still where it was/mostly was before.

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sums them up perfectly 

5C23BAE1-DC02-4E3D-BF4A-C2B584B0097B.jpeg

A moment in time that just shrieks "WATER CANNON". 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

and an additional soap cannon

They wouldn't know what hit 'em. 

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, martoon said:

They wouldn't know what hit 'em. 

^^^^^^

An underappreciated post

:isee:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
None of your business :)

39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

look a the state of East mains 

Screenshot_20190822-114248_Earth.jpg

I guess they put their boots on at their cars and that’s them on for the day. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, martoon said:

A moment in time that just shrieks "WATER CANNON". 

Or

th.jpeg

or even

th-1.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Then you look at this 

7222019114841.jpg

But I am a little confused, while Hibs own their own pigsty, what happened to the Hearts' Academy building (west of Oriam), is it still officially the Hearts Academy or has it been absorbed by Oriam and Hearts now only pay for using the Oriam facilities.  Did Pieman not invest the STV loan money into the Academy if so did Hearts make any money from Oriam moving in or did it all go Heriot-Watt?    

I notice that Hibs U20 were using Oriam as their home pitch last season while Hearts U20 used Ochilview.  This season I see that the U20/Reserves are using Prestonfield, strange that. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or

th.jpeg

or even

th-1.jpeg

Can't decide, so both please. 

That would get them back in their seats pronto. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or

th.jpeg

or even

th-1.jpeg

Hampden would have been flattened as well. 

Two for one. 

In fact, chuck in the rangers fans and it's a 3 for 1.

Doing a Public service, in fact. 

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Loving the attempt to make it look nicer:

Some bushes. 

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Loving the attempt to make it look nicer:

Some bushes. 

Dont forget their big carved rock thing 😂

IMG_1200.jpg

Ron did say he wanted to improve the training facilities. Even he has seen the issue with the chicken barn not being up to standard. 

11 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

IMG_1200.jpg

Scratch 1875-202? and it's a gravestone...

:HeartsManspotrun:

...and me having a wee dance 'roond it. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

But I am a little confused, while Hibs own their own pigsty, what happened to the Hearts' Academy building (west of Oriam), is it still officially the Hearts Academy or has it been absorbed by Oriam and Hearts now only pay for using the Oriam facilities.  Did Pieman not invest the STV loan money into the Academy if so did Hearts make any money from Oriam moving in or did it all go Heriot-Watt?    

I notice that Hibs U20 were using Oriam as their home pitch last season while Hearts U20 used Ochilview.  This season I see that the U20/Reserves are using Prestonfield, strange that. 

The original building is still Hearts academy. Hearts have the rooms, changing rooms and indoor pitch there.

Unknown user

We landed on our feet with our arrangement! What we have now was never the plan, we were going to be joint owners of a much smaller facility. 

But our journey led us through financial difficulties, administration, then we got really really lucky with it being chosen for Oriam.

Now we have a long term lease on genuinely top facilities on a low rent deal that we'd never get anywhere else. 

The facilities are maintained by a company worth many many millions, with hundreds of staff behind them - we don't even need to worry about costs, just the rent, a known quantity. 

:verysmug:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

IMG_1200.jpg

Must have got that cheap off Ed Milliband. 

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Yeah  but Hearts are missing out on not having silage silo?

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yeah  but Hearts are missing out on not having silage silo?

It does look like they have one. :lol:

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The original building is still Hearts academy. Hearts have the rooms, changing rooms and indoor pitch there.

Cheers, it's been a few years since my lad played there.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Option 1. Lovely thing.

I'll  see you and I'll raise you:

maxresdefault.jpg

"Spooky 32, use 105 shells. Bring the rain."

Edited by trotter

The Treasurer

Reminds me of a guy we saw on holiday once that had a huge tattoo on his back for Wolverhampton WANDERS

Edited by The Treasurer