Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

4 hours ago, gjcc said:

Hopefully he lasts at least until the first derby. And completely Fexit. 

Very good. :thumb:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Prof said:

I would be willing to treble my FOH contributions so we could by the Hubz from Ron the Con and then flatten their ground and flog it off for flats.

I'm in 

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says an area of 386.5 square metres, pretty sure that doesn't cover a football pitch which is about 7,000 square metres.

That's item one, there are four items/areas covered. Did you not see the plan of the area at the end?

image.thumb.png.b340107166140ab11bb7cd14327abac0.png

Just now, SUTOL said:

That's item one, there are four items/areas covered. Did you not see the plan of the area at the end?

image.thumb.png.b340107166140ab11bb7cd14327abac0.png

No but delighted to see it now :thumbsup: 

The noose tightens.

There is currently an issue concerning the number of Guests viewing.  Methinks they will stop all guests.   As a member I have no problems.

So he wants plans, that’s classic business speak for of you go and do something else while me and my team decide what’s really happening.

Takes out security on every thing HFC, tells the fans to pony up, Leanne Dempster silence, player budget spent and shut down their fan ownership dream..... aye everything is rosey in that garden! can’t believe it’s taken this long for them to actually question what Ron the Cons’ motives are!

But it’s fine he’s not a dodgy Eastern European gezzer so the media turn a blind eye!!

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

There is currently an issue concerning the number of Guests viewing.  Methinks they will stop all guests.   As a member I have no problems.

Was this their we have 20000 guests thing yesterday? Anything exciting going on? 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So he wants plans, that’s classic business speak for of you go and do something else while me and my team decide what’s really happening.

Takes out security on every thing HFC, tells the fans to pony up, Leanne Dempster silence, player budget spent and shut down their fan ownership dream..... aye everything is rosey in that garden! can’t believe it’s taken this long for them to actually question what Ron the Cons’ motives are!

But it’s fine he’s not a dodgy Eastern European gezzer so the media turn a blind eye!!

Summed up like that....😮

40 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

:yas: 

26 minutes ago, Prof said:

What exactly did Lennon say to Ms Dumpster that led to him leaving.

“I want a new contract and it must include dental”

Big Slim Stylee
59 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Can I get your log-in info? The suspense is killing me. 😀

Coburg Hearts

Some musings from the Hibbie Bounce. I hope the swear function is in good working order.

I read somewhere else that the Gunts have 10 more in their 1st team squad than us. I thought they were meant to be rooked after the building of the Gorgie Guggenheim?

Whereas we were told when we were ploughing all the dough into the ground and training centre that once they were built, we'd be head and shoulders above the rest of the pack, and all the money would go on the park.

Well everything is built, we are recording record season ticket numbers, our debt is completely cleared, we've released more players than we have brought in, and the new owner has pumped in a million or whatever it was.

So how the **** are we going into the season with such a light squad? As it stands, an injury for Allan, Kamberi or Rocky and we're ****ed, as in my honest opinion they're the only three players of genuine quality in the squad. I think we have some "good" players - think Horgan, Mallan - and some formerly great players who are getting old, slow and increasingly injury-prone.

But I honestly think that the above-named three are the only players we have that Aberdeen or Gunts would actively covet, as a kind of barometer.

I mean there's frugal, and there's frankly reckless. I think our squad is ridiculously light, both in stature and quality.

Great point on the bollocks we were told on money now getting spent on the team. As I've asked elsewhere perhaps the pay offs to NL & GP have impacted the budget?

That lot are again splashing the cash... Despite their dinosaur manager I expect they'll comfortably finish ahead of us as I said in the post in General Football Chat. I'm just being honest. Their squad is better. We've gone backwards. Top six for me would be an achievement with the squad we have.

The Gunts lost a couple games and there board backed them with new players, we look awful and getting nothing, only hibs eh.

Apologies if, given the apparent multitude of other threads about what is/is not/should be/shouldn't be/is rumoured to be etc. going on Easter Road, the issues I raise in this post are already being covered in another thread. However, this is my take on matters at present:

1) RG's take-over happened very late in the day. I get the impression that, like a businessman acquiring any other business in such a quick manner, he hasn't entirely done his due diligence so he wants to take his time to understand the economics of his investment (i.e. what is profitable, what is not, what can be done to ameliorate the non-profitable aspects, what can be done to ensure that the profitable parts remain so and develop), before, given the almost unique status of football in commerce, he addresses the emotions involved. If I am right, this will be very frustrating for us supporters. Clearly, it is emotion that is responsible for our interest in and attachment to the club. There are many of us who have sufficient numeracy skills and knowledge of how business and, indeed, big business is conducted that we are aware that the business has to be viable. But our priority is to see a, hopefully, winning team on the park, hopefully playing good football. I perceive that RG is not concerned with this yet.

2) So how does this affect PH and the playing staff? As RG has effectively publicly conveyed, he will not be putting his hand in his pocket anytime soon. The playing staff are as they are. However, if big money (as is rumoured in respect of FK) is offered for one of our players, it will be accepted, with the usual contractual clauses etc.. But, realistically, the squad is unlikely to be augmented this side of January.

With regard to PH, RG, as others have emphasised, as a successful businessman, will not indulge in knee-jerk reactions to bad results. Had we lost on Saturday, PH would still be in a job. He has the season. Last season's settlement agreement with NL cost the club dear. RG will be fully aware of this and will seek to avoid a repetition.

Conclusion? We're stuck wi Hecky this season. Only if we are very close to relegation could I envisage LD managing to persuade RG of the need for a change.

But, unless we have a successful season, Hecky (whose contract expires next summer, I believe?) will be gone next summer. This is not good news for us as fans. Because the smarter individuals amongst our playing staff will have surmised this, and those of them who don't like their manager (and, like in any business, there are always people who hate their boss) may not try as hard as they might if they were of the view that he will still be there in a year's time.

3) So, for us the fans, we have a very frustrating nine months in front of us. All I can say to those of you who live close enough to Leith, whose work doesn't clash with games and who can afford to go is to keep supporting the team.

I predict tough times ahead. We need to stick together. The team needs our support right now.

When did the FF get closed?

Can't say I noticed, and I sit there every home game.

Coburg Hearts

Some more regarding their trip to Ibrox last week.

It was going so well too.I met up with Newhoose at a hotel in Moir Terrace, a few of us got on the bus at 1 then we repaired to the Edina Hibs club in the Jewel and another bunch of Hibbies got on and we headed off up the road. A bunch of young boys sits up the back of the bus and the singing begins.It started off with the usual songs that we all know and love, then someone starts off (can't remember which player it was) was a ****ing refugee-not Skacel now it's moved on. Steve gave them an earful reminded them that we were a team set up by refugees. Then one of the boys come up with another one, this time about Fernando Rickson being a spastic, then one about being a @@@@@@. Then it's the one about Mrs Mercer having a dildo in her drawer. Then the one about Mrs mercer watching her husband dying of a stroke, then one about Brandon Barker dying from a bullet from the IRA, then one about Ibrox was empty they've fallen downstairs. Then to top all that there was one about there being 6 million jews died in the holocaust I wish they were proddies. At which point I told them to shut the **** up.By the time we got to Ibrox ten minutes late both Newhoose and I were fuming. It left a nasty taste in the mouth and so much so we decided not to get the bus back or there would be another fight just as there was after a Montrose game. It's getting to the point whether I want to go through to Ibrox again or whether in fact I really want to follow this club. There are other sports to watch like Ice Hockey or Basketball.

That covers almost the entire song book from the boozer I was in pre game.

IRA and Lee Rigby songs the most distasteful. More than 10% of our support were in there too. That’s a lot of sheep.

I'm actually considering not sitting in the FF upper anymore.

Some of the chants are vile at the minute. The young team seem to be in some sort of race to the bottom in terms of how offensive they can be.

Im not even that much of a prude when it comes to songs either, a bit of gallows humour is welcome, but this stuff is just cruel, witless trash.

Yup, Easter Road at home last season was just as bad in the pubs etc, songs of ibroX disaster, British soldiers, ira, David Murray song and so on, not new and has gotten worse over a while

The songs from Hibs young team are getting worse - I was aware of it last season when I was in Norway for the Molde game and they were just as bad at Carlisle - the "new" Wallace Mercer song, Stoksey's dad and the RA one and the Fernando Ricksen one re the dance floor - they are regularly heard now on away trips? All horrible and offensive - I thought Hibs fans were better than that but it means we don't have any right to criticise Huns or Celtic or Gunts fans when our lot sing this bile? What can be done about it - season tickets removed? I don't know the answer but I don't want Hibs turning into the wee Celtic which seems to be happening with some of our younger fans.

Mercer created his own legacy, I've little beef with ditties about him, reap what you did anaw that.

Don't know the % But a hellava Hibbys are proddys (masel included)

As for Rickson, anyone who looks at photos of the boy and thinks that's amusing, needs to visit their doctor pronto, they're clearly no right. Another thing about Fernando, in my opinion the current Hibs team could well do with his type of player.

Fair play to you for calling the young fuds out but I'm pretty sure bad taste and ignorance follows most teams about.

I got the bus through last year to Ibrox with what I think is a similar crowd that you describe. Absolute embarrassment. They were all similarly dressed in their one stone island jacket and CP company hats singing these songs. At the end there was a little scuffle in the car park and they were wanting to get off the bus to get involved. 

If your reading this lads, put down your dads hand me down Aquascutum scarf, invest in a Hibs one and support the Hibs, not the republican army that you know very little, if anything about!

RG's take-over happened very late in the day. I get the impression that, like a businessman acquiring any other business in such a quick manner

🥴🥴🥴🥴

He didn’t need to do any due diligence, some cracker offered him 30 million quids worth of Edinburgh real estate for 6 million... he probably couldn’t believe his luck! This romantic notion that STF sold it with a heavy heart and only to someone who could take the club forward is absolute bollox! He made sure the bloke had the 6 mil and bit his hand off..

Popped into dot net. Cant see what all the fuss is about. Maybe missing something. The site is as shite as the last time i had a look.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Popped into dot net. Cant see what all the fuss is about. Maybe missing something. The site is as shite as the last time i had a look.

They have been spring cleaning their dirty washing (Mercer / Rickson / IRA stuff), which some of the above posters have kindly copied & pasted directly from H1b5.net for our info.

That stuff beats any of the crap our dafties have sung.

Good to see .net back in it's fully glory to keep us all enlightened.

Look forward to page 51 of the thread.

SisterFister.net still looks like something i could knock up on my computer in 10 mins and i can barely turn one on. Looks like that most basic forum programme there has ever been made,  its no wonder it goes into lockdown if Hearts fart. Look at their East Mains facility FFS. Lets build a grave headstone and pop the badge on it and we'll get new signings to have their picture taken beside it to mark the death of their careers by Joining Hibernian FC. We are better than them in everything we do 

Social media followers

Fans forum

Training facilities 

Stadium

Number of Fans

Cup wins

Derby wins

Benefactors

Income

FOH contributions

Better looking fans

And now we'll be taking the scotland games and semi finals off them from now on

I mean we even have a Hearts top buried in the foundations off their stadium

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

I mean we even have a Hearts top buried in the foundations off their stadium

I remember that. Funny as feck. 

FTH HHGH 

13 hours ago, sadj said:

RG's take-over happened very late in the day. I get the impression that, like a businessman acquiring any other business in such a quick manner

🥴🥴🥴🥴

30 million worth of real estate for 6 million. Ron did his due diligence alright. All these floating charges over the real estate. He'll now be sitting back and working out how to empty them out of the San Giro, sell it, and swan off back across the pond. Be hilarious if they came to us looking to play their games at Tynecastle. 

Edited by Deevers

Remember it suggested on here that Hibs didn't have any problems with bigots. Makes you wonder if some of their cheer leaders have ever attended an Edinburgh derby. 

Inbred scum.

Ron Burgundy
25 minutes ago, Deevers said:

30 million worth of real estate for 6 million. Ron did his due diligence alright. All these floating charges over the real estate. He'll now be sitting back and working out how to empty them out of the San Giro, sell it, and swan off back across the pond. Be hilarious if they came to us looking to play their games at Tynecastle. 

The worry with that is our current owner would most likely accommodate that idea.

10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The worry with that is our current owner would most likely accommodate that idea.

No doubt Ann would see it as a business opportunity for us. Most of their money getting pumped into our bank account.  The idea has some merit. I think the ignominy would be too much for most of them. Some would probably self combust  in rage.

3fingersreid
42 minutes ago, Deevers said:

And the correct reply to any request to play at Tynecastle would be 

go **** yer self 

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt Ann would see it as a business opportunity for us. Most of their money getting pumped into our bank account.  The idea has some merit. I think the ignominy would be too much for most of them. Some would probably self combust  in rage.

Far rather they were homeless and died or travelled through to Livvy or Raith or some other shit hole.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Difficult as you would want to say **** off. But potentially the additional match day revenue plus rental would possibly allow us to move further away from 4-12 and closer to Rangers mkIII and Celtic in theory. 

Id still be in the go **** yourselves camp.....

I know of 3 subcontractors who have done work for hibs at Easter Rd over many years, who have recently been told by email, their services are no longer required.

All appears far from being well at the club.

Tick Tock.

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

Difficult as you would want to say **** off. But potentially the additional match day revenue plus rental would possibly allow us to move further away from 4-12 and closer to Rangers mkIII and Celtic in theory. 

Id still be in the go **** yourselves camp.....

Yeh, so would I actually. Had it not been for the outrageous behaviour when we had our troubles I think most would have been reasonably accommodating for them. As you say they could go **** themselves though. 

Edited by Deevers

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

And the correct reply to any request to play at Tynecastle would be 

go **** yer self 

If that happened Edinburgh City would be able to accomodate them so no problem:thumbsup:

I've not seen anything to say that Ron is doing a good job or a bad job. 

He said he wants to understand how the club is run and I assume any investment will come after. 

I guess we will see what happens over time. To early for tick tock's IMO. 

2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

He said he wants to understand how the club is run and I assume any investment will come after. 

I agree. 

17 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Wishful thinking by many... not that I do not share their hopes. In many ways like waiting for The Rangers to die... they are still hanging on and do not look like folding soon, but we can all hope.

I think they're in denial about Lennon not getting a hefty payoff. Appleton turned the job down because they wouldn't pay him severance if sacked. They only do that if they've just been burned, plus their budget looks like it's taken a hit from somewhere.  

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Far rather they were homeless and died or travelled through to Livvy or Raith or some other shit hole.

Ronny, you know Raith's not a place mate 😀

48 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Yep,  not really done anything of note yet - except perhaps arranging for the floating charges on the ground and the farm and suggesting that the support pony up the dosh to upgrade the farm.   Still a case of wait and see as far as Ron is concerned. Far too early for “tick to tocks”  but there is nothing like a bit Armageddon like speculation as far as they are concerned.  I know that a few Hobos I know are beginning to feel just a bit uncomfortable about Ron and his objectives.

Edited by Deevers

Gilberts Fridge

As much as it is fun to speculate, as others have said, there is no real evidence of what his intentions really are.

I don't know enough about it but is it usual for a new owner to take these charges on the assets and is there in fact anything sinister about it.

I don't think any of the HSL questions and Leanne Dempster's conflict of interest have been answered, it would appear that they knew nothing about it but that raises more questions about Sir Tom than the new bloke. He appears to have sold hibs out from under HSL.

HSL seams to have been poorly marketed and run from its inception. 

1 hour ago, smiler said:

Ronny, you know Raith's not a place mate 😀

Aye, it is. Sam Leitch said so... from Wikipedia "Although the error has been attributed to commentators David Coleman or Frank Bough, it was Leitch who, when the Scottish football team Raith Rovers won a match, said "They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight"."

53 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

As much as it is fun to speculate, as others have said, there is no real evidence of what his intentions really are.

I don't know enough about it but is it usual for a new owner to take these charges on the assets and is there in fact anything sinister about it.

I don't think any of the HSL questions and Leanne Dempster's conflict of interest have been answered, it would appear that they knew nothing about it but that raises more questions about Sir Tom than the new bloke. He appears to have sold hibs out from under HSL.

HSL seams to have been poorly marketed and run from its inception. 

They thought they were about to become the ‘Scottish Man City’ they’d be splashing the cash all summer... whether Ron the Con is up to anything sinister is yet to be seen but the lording over us with this Man City pish is biting them on the arse now.. and yet again we’re laughing at them!

Edited by Rudy T

15 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aye, it is. Sam Leitch said so... from Wikipedia "Although the error has been attributed to commentators David Coleman or Frank Bough, it was Leitch who, when the Scottish football team Raith Rovers won a match, said "They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight"."

Think the game in question had been against Bayern Munich?

14 minutes ago, Boof said:

Interesting, for me it was always Kenneth Wolstenholme that said it. 

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Interesting, for me it was always Kenneth Wolstenholme that said it. 

Seems about right.

Personally, I’ve never even heard of Sam Leitch.

3 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

I know of 3 subcontractors who have done work for hibs at Easter Rd over many years, who have recently been told by email, their services are no longer required.

All appears far from being well at the club.

Tick Tock.

Could just be that having to conform to Compliance that all work has to be tendered.   Or could be that they are having to cut their cloth to suit a shrunken budget.

Might it be that Ron has come in and realised just how much farmer was propping them up so is going through mechanations to allow the club to be self sustainable with out this?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Think the game in question had been against Bayern Munich?

No - this was early 70s, end of season-ish I think.