• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Dempster had a foot in both camps. The ER board and the HSL board. You can't serve two masters. I believe HSL were blindsided and shafted bigtime.

Certainly a conflict of interest there. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Maybe I was overpricing then, John.

I remember in 1980 when our usual haunt put the price of a pint up from 39p to 44p, there was outrage!

79p for my first pint. 

May '84, Dizzy Lizzies in Pilrig. 

I wasn't quite 16.

Edited by martoon

SpruceBringsteen

Week ago: "Didn't want Ojo anyway"

Today: "Didn't want fan ownership anyway"

May: "Didn't want to play in the Premiership anyway"

:rofl:

30 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Week ago: "Didn't want Ojo anyway"

Today: "Didn't want fan ownership anyway"

May: "Didn't want to play in the Premiership anyway"

Retrospectively the happiest and most satisfied fans in the world.

Gilberts Fridge

What I don't get is the we only wanted a meaningful share or we don't want fan ownership but am happy to contribute to a bigger playing budget line.

By providing funds for better players, the club will possibly achieve more and win trophies. That is all well and good but a more successful club means an increase in its share value for the owner on the back of someone else paying the cash. I can't understand why they can't see it.

I also do not understand why Leanne Dempster has not been called out for a conflict of interest by being on the club and HSL boards. As a director of HSL, she has a director's duty and must act in the way she considers, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members (shareholders) as a whole. I get that the takeover would have been subject to a confidentiality agreement however she should have either withdrawn from the negotiations or resigned from HSL. 

5 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

I also do not understand why Leanne Dempster has not been called out for a conflict of interest by being on the club and HSL boards.

Big Ron’s man on the inside. Keeping an eye on the plebs and making sure there is no rebel talk. :mad: 

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

What I don't get is the we only wanted a meaningful share or we don't want fan ownership but am happy to contribute to a bigger playing budget line.

By providing funds for better players, the club will possibly achieve more and win trophies. That is all well and good but a more successful club means an increase in its share value for the owner on the back of someone else paying the cash. I can't understand why they can't see it.

I also do not understand why Leanne Dempster has not been called out for a conflict of interest by being on the club and HSL boards. As a director of HSL, she has a director's duty and must act in the way she considers, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members (shareholders) as a whole. I get that the takeover would have been subject to a confidentiality agreement however she should have either withdrawn from the negotiations or resigned from HSL. 

I agree on the second part - don't understand that

An the first part, sadly football fans are desperate for success and have been exploited by owners, directors etc. since the organised game began. There are people on Hbs Net saying they are happy for contributions to 'go to the player pool'  (we have had similar suggestions on here TBF) . However that is very hard to achieve in practice.

The club just says, ="yes ALL the money (lets say a miserable 800K over 4 years not £1.4 million a year)  you give us is going into players wages, keep it coming (or 'pony up' in Ronspeak)".   Actually it just drops its own contribution to player budget and uses the fans money to replace it while it does something else with the savings - like making improvements to the services and land drainage and infrastructure at East Mains 

T

SpruceBringsteen
30 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Retrospectively the happiest and most satisfied fans in the world.

I don't honestly think the boy Gordon is in it to skin them, but **** me ragged - all this from the fanbase that used to go on and on and on about how they'd never sit back and accept a Romanov "situation". There's folk that pay money to be as submissive as they've been the last couple of weeks.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I don't honestly think the boy Gordon is in it to skin them, but **** me ragged - all this from the fanbase that used to go on and on and on about how they'd never sit back and accept a Romanov "situation". There's folk that pay money to be as submissive as they've been the last couple of weeks.

I absolutely don’t think asset stripping is on the cards. No.

His unsecured spending on the club is over though. From here on in, its ‘Ill front you the money chaps, you can pay me back with interest using the HSL scheme that was meant to be used to buy a controlling stake in the club’.

:jjyay:

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

His unsecured spending on the club is over though. From here on in, its ‘Ill front you the money chaps, you can pay me back with interest using the HSL scheme that was meant to be used to buy a controlling stake in the club’.

.....and if you don’t I’ll sell everything to get it back!

If only a few of them are Ponying up now for the HSL Ponzi scheme there’s not a chance anymore of them are going to sign up now if no real evidence of where the dosh is going...in fact the opposite and the numbers will drop.

I’ve said it since day one, this boy will prop up the academy to produce sellable assets...and recoup his dosh, and the hibs fans better hope that works because the minute he loans them money they’re in trouble. They make enough as it stands to sustain their place in the top flight but they’re kidding themselves on if they think it’s  getting better than that.

Ron hasn’t the first clue about the institutional old firm bias in this country, wait till he sees it in full flow he might just cash in early and return home!

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hopefully he'll use some of the cash to comission a new series of Un poquito tuyo for his TV channel. Could even give the Hibs support a wee mention in the credits - what's Spanish for "gullible rubes"?

:clyay:

15 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If this was us, the first thing I'd want to know is what happens to the money if we get a financial windfall, say £5m in a transfer fee.

I presume the new owner can just trouser it but I may be wrong.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this was us, the first thing I'd want to know is what happens to the money if we get a financial windfall, say £5m in a transfer fee.

I presume the new owner can just trouser it but I may be wrong.

Don't think he could do that though there are many other ways he could take money out - salaries and dividends for example

7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Don't think he could do that though there are many other ways he could take money out - salaries and dividends for example

Don’t see why he couldn’t take a cut of transfer fees. Stephen Thompson did, and so did Jackie McNamara. Especially if Ron fronts the money to renovate East Mains. 😏

scott herbertson
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Don’t see why he couldn’t take a cut of transfer fees. Stephen Thompson did, and so did Jackie McNamara. Especially if Ron fronts the money to renovate East Mains. 😏

He is the major shareholder . 

Indeed if he puts in additional money in the form of a loan he could recoup that but i don't think he could just take money out without some sort of loan facility - the other shareholders would lose out otherwise

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

He is the major shareholder . 

Indeed if he puts in additional money in the form of a loan he could recoup that but i don't think he could just take money out without some sort of loan facility - the other shareholders would lose out otherwise

I suspect that he may separate East Mains from Hibs FC at some point down the line.

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Does he have any kids?

Maybe gonna shoe-horn them into a job?

He might have a son, in Real Estate in the US. And it looked like he had a daughter in the press pics when he took over. 

Maybe the daughter is looking for a game...

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He might have a son, in Real Estate in the US. And it looked like he had a daughter in the press pics when he took over. 

Maybe the daughter is looking for a game...

Probably last longer than Allan.

🙂

There is one thing I know, even from personal experience  if you don't invest in your infrastructure on a consistent basis  it eventually crumbles around you.

We have made a massive investment.  So it appears  have Aberdeen.  Some other clubs have shiny new stadia.

What about Hibs?  What about Rangers?  I don't know the state their premises are in but I certainly haven't heard of any significant developments in the last few years.  If my suspicions are accurate, they are constructing nothing but a migraine over the next decade.

27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Or on the game.........

Joke, mods before I get a ban.

Reported.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think he covered Motherwell with this part of his statement:

There’s fan ownership and there’s fan ownership. Different models exist, something Adie is keen to stress. “The jury is out on majority fan ownership,” he said. “There are a number of clubs where majority fan ownership exists but they are small clubs, so it is difficult to say if it has been successful.”

“Our friends across the city are probably going to be the guinea pig,” he added. “They will be the first ones where you can say they have majority fan ownership and it is a reasonable sized club. Let’s see how that unfolds.

I mean I'm not keen to sound like an Old Firm supporter here, but clearly Hearts are a much bigger football club than Motherwell.

Yeah. Thought the same.

Though I don't consider Motherwell a small club. Bonnyrigg and Edinburgh City are small clubs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

There is one thing I know, even from personal experience  if you don't invest in your infrastructure on a consistent basis  it eventually crumbles around you.

We have made a massive investment.  So it appears  have Aberdeen.  Some other clubs have shiny new stadia.

What about Hibs?  What about Rangers?  I don't know the state their premises are in but I certainly haven't heard of any significant developments in the last few years.  If my suspicions are accurate, they are constructing nothing but a migraine over the next decade.

Hibs stadium is OK by Scottish standards and did they not buy thier training patch?

Thier stadium is generally as old as our other 3 stands. 

Don't think they're in any danger tbh. 

Rangers, unsure either but Ibrox is far older and there was reports it needed big upgrades.  That would make sense. 

Dens Park must need some work, it's a ****ing shite hole. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-takeover-raises-concerns-over-fans-stake-in-club-1-4967552

'There’s fan ownership and there’s fan ownership. Different models exist, something Adie is keen to stress. “The jury is out on majority fan ownership,” he said. “There are a number of clubs where majority fan ownership exists but they are small clubs, so it is difficult to say if it has been successful.”

“Our friends across the city are probably going to be the guinea pig,” he added. “They will be the first ones where you can say they have majority fan ownership and it is a reasonable sized club. Let’s see how that unfolds.'

So Jim Adie wanted and worked hard for years for majority fan ownership for Hibs. When Hibs couldn't get all their fans to put their Giros together majority fan ownership suddenly becomes a bad experiment to him.

Hearts actually achieving fan ownership now makes us Guinea Pigs in his eyes. His snide 'let's see how that unfolds' comment clearly shows he thinks it will now fail at Hearts or at least he hopes it does.

Jim Adie comes across as a bitter man who has failed and taken money from the Hibs support that has effectively done nothing to meet it's end goal.

His bitter quotes are very Hibs. 

Mr Adie is on the far right photo taken with all the other people happy to take Hibs fans cash for fan ownership that can now never happen.

image.jpg

At least the media have finally realised there's a story here. No quotes from Dempster is a big omission. Didn't ask her or she didn't want to comment? Either way, she is in the best position to explain what's going on.

HIs comments on ownership are strange, seems to be backtracking completely after the initial trumpeting of HSL by Dempster and the rest. He's making it sound like it's all wee clubs that do it, which is bollocks.

As well as about 1/3 of the La Liga teams in Spain being fan owned, doesn't German football have a 50% +1 rule that means one person or company (eg a Ron Gordon) cannot own the club? Is that the closest to our model?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Maiden Gorgie
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At least the media have finally realised there's a story here. No quotes from Dempster is a big omission. Didn't ask her or she didn't want to comment? Either way, she is in the best position to explain what's going on.

Christ, look at the nick of that. Didn't know Jools Holland was involved.

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Christ, look at the nick of that. Didn't know Jools Holland was involved.

Looks like a fat Brian Potter

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why is their FULLY OWNED STATE OF THE ART training academy needing renovated? It's not a cheapskate shambolic farm conversion, is it? :D

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

HIs comments on ownership are strange, seems to be backtracking completely after the initial trumpeting of HSL by Dempster and the rest. He's making it sound like it's all wee clubs that do it, which is bollocks.

As well as about 1/3 of the La Liga teams in Spain being fan owned, doesn't German football have a 50% +1 rule that means one person or company (eg a Ron Gordon) cannot own the club? Is that the closest to our model?

She's 100% at it, wish some journo could be motivated to find the owner of those shell companies who bought enough shares to kybosh any actual chance of the impoverished hibs support taking a controlling stake - this has been a stitch-up from the off. What makes it even more laughable is the fact that she tried to use semantics when launching their shitty con-job of an "ownership" scheme as if it was better than ours and, of course since this is hibs, somehow trailblazing. 

This lot of deluded, gullible ramjets have been long overdue some misfortune and I hope their gormless looking new owner is the one to give it to them. 

Edited by Gizmo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Why is their FULLY OWNED STATE OF THE ART training academy needing renovated? It's not a cheapskate shambolic farm conversion, is it? :D

The last time Hibs focused on "infrastructure" especially training facilities, its opening coincided with Collins leaving in the huff just when the team seemed to be on the up. There then followed at least a decade of steady decline culminating in relegation, including hiring a couple of managers who tried to build teams out of expensive English lower league players. It's deja vu all over again hopefully.

Struggled against Alloa today and outplayed at times they are starting to turn on heckingbottom, then it'll be the yanks turn 

Pleasing 😁

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Struggled against Alloa today and outplayed at times they are starting to turn on heckingbottom, then it'll be the yanks turn 

Pleasing 😁

Shame that.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hibs fans shite on the seagulls and nab their scran rather than the other way about.

Paraffins. 

Seagulls call Hibs fans ‘vermin’’.

They're right.

...a bit disco

But, but, but...queues to get intay ra East today likesay no?

D_7KiMTXsAAHYuk?format=jpg&name=small

PaulHartley10
3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

What was the attendance of the Dundee United game for comparison ? 

Friday night in the pissing rain and on the tele!

23 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Friday night in the pissing rain and on the tele!

Wee cup Big team Big Crowd Wee Team wee crowd

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

First competitive home game with 7 new signings

5470 😬

5 minutes late kick off to let the fans out 

TyphoonJambo

Just to let you know, with that level of interest i cant see you being viable so, for that reason im not investing, im out

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

First competitive home game with 7 new signings

5470 😬

That is pretty low for a massive club like Hibs, however let’s see what we pull in on Wednesday 

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

5 minutes late kick off to let the fans out 

😂😂😂😂😂

The other 12000 hobos must be down at Berwick holiday centre with their season ticket holder disabled  clients.

Edited by sac
Spelling

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That is pretty low for a massive club like Hibs, however let’s see what we pull in on Wednesday 

I got me ticket the other day and it was main stand only. Dunno if that’s the only stand they’re opening or what. What’s it hold?

So there aim was 51% but they ended up with 15% of the shares perfect symmetry!😀😀

Edited by Jambos56