• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adambraejambo
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just up on their web site. Copied and pasted below. Get a cuppa and ready for a few laughs. Ronald McDonald speaks out 😂😂😂😂😂 don’t know to even begin with this lot of ramblings . 

Our new majority shareholder, Ron Gordon, has spent the last week immersing himself in all things Hibernian. 

Spending time with each department across Easter Road and HTC, Ron’s been getting to grips with the ins and outs of life at Hibs.

For now, it’s about learning and listening as he refines his vision for the club and you’ll hear more about that in the weeks and months ahead of what promises to be an exciting season on and off the pitch.

In the meantime, Hibs TV caught up with Ron to get his early impressions and you can watch the interview in full here.

Ron, how’s your first week at Hibernian been?

It’s been great. Very busy! Starting in the morning until late in the day. I’ve had a very good opportunity to learn about the club and meet everyone on the team. I’ve absorbed everything so it’s been good.

Do you feel like you’ve had a good insight now into how the club works at different levels?

I think so. I spent the first three days at Easter Road. That was good and gave me a chance to get to know everyone in the different departments. It gave me an understanding of how they work and what they do, plus thinking about how we can maybe improve how we do certain things. I also had a chance to meet with the Hibernian Community Foundation, to hear about some of the wonderful work they do within the community. I think that’s terrific and very representative of what the club stands for and should stand for. It was great to meet with the boys at the training centre, have a look at how they train and have a chance to talk to Paul. It gave me a better understanding of the football operation.

It wasn’t your average welcome at the Hibernian Community Foundation! 

It wasn’t! They received me with a choir, which was fantastic. They performed a beautiful rendition of Sunshine on Leith. I know the lyrics because as I was looking to get into a possible transaction with Hibs I spent a whole weekend listening to The Proclaimers. Then I had the chance to meet Charlie Reid on Monday, which was fantastic as well. I love their music and certainly Sunshine on Leith is a wonderful anthem for Hibs.

How important has it been to immerse yourself this week?

It’s my responsibility to understand the workings of the club and meet everyone on the team. From that we’ll get some new ideas and some new initiatives that will help the club improve. I think part of my responsibility is to help design a strategy and allocate resources where they need to be. We have a terrific leader in Leeann Dempster and the rest of the team. At that point I need to get out of the way and let them get on with what they do best.

You had the chance to meet a few supporters this week but are we right in saying you intend to be over here regularly?

I had a meeting with HSL (Hibernian Supporters) on Monday and supporter groups on Wednesday. It was wonderful for me to see the love and the passion and just how invested people are in their club. I got a wonderful reception and I hope I convinced them of my commitment to the club and its future. I hope I’ll be having a lot of dialogue with supporters over the years.

You mentioned HSL (Hibernian Supporters). You’ve been in conversation with them for some time…

I met HSL the day we closed. It was probably one of the first groups I met with. There are things we can do together but it’s maybe about defining what’s the best way to work together. The supporters are an integral part of the future of the club. They need to be involved and engaged so I’m looking forward to doing more things with supporters. I’m going to try and be here as often as I can. I’ll try and maybe spend 10 days or so over at a time. I’ll come for a weekend, go to the game, work the full week and go to another game before heading home. I should be here often enough.

There have been a few hands to shake this week. Not just within the club.

I had a chance to meet some community leaders. Liz at the Chamber of Commerce was super informative in terms of the city, where it’s going and some of the initiatives around the corporate side of Edinburgh. That’s an important part for us to be engaged in. I had a chance to meet with the league and Neil Doncaster, who gave me a nice overview of the league and how it works. I’m looking forward to having a better understanding of that as well. I also met GameChanger through Linda and that was very positive. There’s a lot of positive community work that Hibernian is involved in and is a catalyst for, which I think it’s great. I think it gives our club a lot more meaning.

For all the important meetings you had, you did look as if you enjoyed just being out on the grass juggling a ball while the team trained.

I loved that. I love the game so it was good to see how the boys work and get ready for a season we all hope will be terrific. Reflecting on my conversations with Paul and the football staff, I think there’s a lot of optimism that we have a very strong squad.

And you’re looking forward to watching the team in action against Stirling Albion?

I’m really looking forward to being there to watch the team! I can’t wait.

Before we let you go, tell us about your meeting with a couple of well-known Hibernian supporters in Andy and Judy Murray!

It was great. I had a chance to connect with Andy last Friday at Wimbledon. His grandfather obviously played for Hibs so he’s a lifelong fan. I hope we can do more in the future with him. I also had the chance to spend 45 minutes with his mother, Judy, who was absolutely delightful. She gave me a really good insight into Scotland and tennis. It was great to spend some time with them.

We’re sure they filled you in on their work with Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous, with Andy obviously an Academy mentor.

We spoke about Ryan and Fraser. They’re very excited about them, as we are as a club. They’re two talented kids and I hope they continue to grow, progress and mature into phenomenal players.

Finally, Ron, do you have a message for the supporters?

I’m entirely committed to Hibs. I started falling in love with the club when I looked at it. Now I’ve had a chance to come in and spend some time, a bit more in-depth, I’m very excited. I’m very much in love with this club. It’s a fantastic club with some great possibilities and I feel very fortunate to be a part of that.

It reminds me of my youth and a Smash hits interview.  It as if he talking to kids . Not 1 probing question this just propaganda on his part. 

39 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

They met him with a choir singing sunshine on thief’s 

how fecking cheesy and so hubz class

It's a Community charity. Likely made up of disabled an disadvantaged people. Hardly worth mocking.

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

A few reports now saying Aberdeen have beat them to the signing of Ojo

Feckingbottoms has already got the excuses in.

"Didnae want him anyway"

:rofl:

How very Celtic of him.

In other news, in Stirling, the Binos have just equalised with quarter of an hour left. Melt down on .net tonight ? 

...a bit disco

Stirling level v Hibs, after they led through a first half penalty.

Good times.

9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Stirling level v Hibs, after they led through a first half penalty.

Good times.

Their first competitive game of the season and It's lockdown over there. :laugh4:

The Internet
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Full strength 11 playing today.

aka a list of english lower league journeymen. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gregorski said:

Scott Allen miss!!!!!!

I thought he was the "key" to thier success as well.