Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

3 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Can anyone think of any tunes to sing 'pony up' to besides perhaps all of them? 

To the Paulo Sergio tune.... 

Pony up, Pony up

Hibees pony up

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SpruceBringsteen

Settle down lads, I specifically remember many, many of Hibs.net's pathetic quinquagenarians saying they'd never let an owner rip the absolute piss out of them, unlike "they yams". I'm certain that this wasn't just chat to impress their fellow divorced mates on the internet and they won't just take it square up the farter like supine dogs.

I see some other human tragedy is bleating about not getting a share certificate from HSL now. I seem to recall this was a subject of great hilarity a few years back, and yet they're not laughing now. How very strange.

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

What about Craig Whyte?

Heh! Forgot about him. I suppose it's hard not to make money when all you spent was a quid and other people's money. 

adambraejambo

We really need to keep on investing in Foh. In a few years I think it will become to toxic for him to keep Hibs and he will be looking to sell. We then step up and offer him say 4M cash for his 68%. End result Hearts fans own Both Hearts and Hibs lol.....I jest off course but can you imagine. 

Is it fair to say that HSL's share holding is Frozen :ninja:

:gok:

15 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm certain that this wasn't just chat to impress their fellow divorced mates on the internet and they won't just take it square up the farter like supine dogs

:rofl:

They should see what that Angelo Massone character is up to. I think he was interested in buying a Scottish Football club...

:verysmug:

I’d be raging if I’d bought into the fan ownership type HSL and sat there reading this. If results on the pitch don’t happen we will see more and more empty green seats.

“RG appears to want to focus on development from grassroots / academy up and is committed to building an indoor training facility alongside existing EM facilities. He suggested this might cost 3 - 4 million

RG is looking to the fans to "pony up" and contribute financially to this project

The original HSL objective of achieving 51% club ownership is dead and buried, RG owns 67% of shares , HSL and others 33%. There are no additional shares available for sale. RG doesn't view majority fan ownership as a desirable thing for various reasons.”

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

I’d be raging if I’d bought into the fan ownership type HSL and sat there reading this. If results on the pitch don’t happen we will see more and more empty green seats.

“RG appears to want to focus on development from grassroots / academy up and is committed to building an indoor training facility alongside existing EM facilities. He suggested this might cost 3 - 4 million

RG is looking to the fans to "pony up" and contribute financially to this project

The original HSL objective of achieving 51% club ownership is dead and buried, RG owns 67% of shares , HSL and others 33%. There are no additional shares available for sale. RG doesn't view majority fan ownership as a desirable thing for various reasons.”

They are “raging”, but they have been giving it total big-licks for ages about cash cows and the like, and now they realise... well... it’s only gone and happened again, hasn’t it! :rofl:

🐴⬆️

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I understand this was at a meeting with Dempster and the new David Rowland. No one had the cojones to ask her how she could sit on the board of HSL and facilitate the deal. In essence the shares have been bought for no reason, are now utterly worthless and a portion, albeit children's, of their fans have wasted thousands of their hard earned on absolutely nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I understand this was at a meeting with Dempster and the new David Rowland. No one had the cojones to ask her how she could sit on the board of HSL and facilitate the deal. In essence the shares have been bought for no reason, are now utterly worthless and a portion, albeit children's, of their fans have wasted thousands of their hard earned on absolutely nothing. 

Yet, in a vain attempt to look like they aren’t bothered, they are taking to their local library computer keyboards to tell the world that they are a-okay with it all. :rofl:

🐴⬆️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yet, in a vain attempt to look like they aren’t bothered, they are taking to their local library computer keyboards to tell the world that they are a-okay with it all. :rofl:

🐴⬆️

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I can see visions of them in the future, crouched over their Amstrad PCW's composing letters of concern to their MPs and MSPs as things begin to unravel. 

HSL had a wee flutter but never got of the ground like FOH did. The Exhaust thief and the Weasel supported by Leanne grab the one and only Someone else’s Money Man to take the festering heap of their hands. Watch this space, Leanne will be offski before the green hordes wake up to the fact they’ve been shafted, again.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does anyone know what greenginger’s thoughts are on all of this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe he's the secret millionaire and it's the big reveal. 

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I can see visions of them in the future, crouched over their Amstrad PCW's composing letters of concern to their MPs and MSPs as things begin to unravel. 

Dear Mr Trump,

I write to you as an embarrassing Scotsman...

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Maybe he's the secret millionaire and it's the big reveal. 

:lol:

Ron obviously looked at HSL knew they’d never pony up so now he’s got the perfect excuse when he flogs Easter rd to Tesco’s! This gets better by the day....

11 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

East Mains is getting renamed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmaRKU9ILEHhBNPqf9rwe

I think it's going to become a breeding ground for Peruvian Llama's personally

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dear Mr Trump,

Dear Mr Warrior Poet, I sympathise with your point of view, however my predecessors in my current job should never have let this guy in from South America in the first place. If your associates are still investing I have a major construction project underway on our border. I'm sure my guys can stencil your names on the bricks... 

Brave Hearts
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think it's going to become a breeding ground for Peruvian Llama's personally

And all the h15bs fans and their HSL now becoming just little Llamas to the slaughter............

gorgie rd eh11
15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dear Mr Trump,

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He appears to have been quiet as a mouse 😂😂😂😂

Edited by 1971fozzy

41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s missed it all he’s still camped outside our new stand waiting for the next scoop from all his builder pals🤣

Does anyone know if we have these cash cows still ? Could end up painting them green and selling them to them. Oh the irony

40 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There’s quite a few gone quiet over on .net since the Ron showed up with his billions. Cropleysaknob used to be all over Hearts finances with his expert knowledge and doomsday scenarios but he’s nowhere to be seen now they’ve been done over.

indianajones
10 hours ago, Elshin said:

Last week hibs had a multi billionaire owner who was going to splash the cash and win the league.

This week there will be no real investment and the fans can no longer buy any more shares to get a member on the board.  Seems happy with 4th place as an ambition and looks to want to bring through youngsters to sell on.   

The club is now in the hands of a forign owner with no emotional ties to the club and who doesnt want to invest any money apart from what he bought the club for.  The previous owner made a scheme where the shares could be sold to fans so they could own 51% through time yet with no consultation this agreement is now ripped up and the club sold from under the fans feet.    

Hibs have went from being well run, secure with the fans buying the club to a unknown controlling the shares and refusing the fans take any more ownership.  It just leaves long term uncertainty.   

Get it right up them.

Cheers Elshin, good summary. 

You are right of course, get it right up every single one of them! 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

To the Paulo Sergio tune.... 

Pony up, Pony up

Hibees pony up

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Cracking

49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’s missed it all he’s still camped outside our new stand waiting for the next scoop from all his builder pals🤣

Understandable. Got himself a new micrometer for his birthday so he can measure the crack in the tenements. Shame not to use it. 

hereford_hearts

My Jambonomics tell me that if Ron wants them to "pony up" for the indoor pitch. Assuming it costs £3M. Then at current HSL subscriptions, it will be finished sometime in 2036!

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

There’s quite a few gone quiet over on .net since the Ron showed up with his billions. Cropleysaknob used to be all over Hearts finances with his expert knowledge and doomsday scenarios but he’s nowhere to be seen now they’ve been done over.

Very good point that.  I always thought Cropley was bordering on sane.  It was he who put paid to the fantasy that FoH would be going to court for not paying tax. If he does know his stuff his silence is ominous.

42 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

My Jambonomics tell me that if Ron wants them to "pony up" for the indoor pitch. Assuming it costs £3M. Then at current HSL subscriptions, it will be finished sometime in 2036!

A Tesco/Sainsbury’s/Aldi/Lidl/methadone clinic will have absolutely no use for a 3 million quid pitch. 

Interesting to hear Hecky saying that right now McNulty would cost too much for them, ahh well a lot wanted RP and STF out and they got it. We are stable and know what the future should bring, they may be stable but their future?

30 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Interesting to hear Hecky saying that right now McNulty would cost too much for them, ahh well a lot wanted RP and STF out and they got it. We are stable and know what the future should bring, they may be stable but their future?

Funnily enough, heard that he was unhappy about his budget.

heartgarfunkel
17 hours ago, Jodami said:

They love wasting money on nothing - beach balls etc for ‘our’ relegation party at Tynie when they got bitch-slapped by us and then got relegated themselves, plus their shitey Poundland decanter they bought for ‘Franck’ at his farewell party, only for Le Chimp to chuck it out his paid-for taxi as he high-tailed it to the airport, desperate to escape the special ones from Lochend. 

****ing muppets

Coburg Hearts

From some of the doubting thomases over at adoronron.net

Community club where normal people pay for the club's betterment...on top of ST, shirts, etc.

I know nothing about where this is going but the snippets coming out of meetings don't fill me with great enthusiasm. We maintained an expensive ST price when in the championship so we could come back up quickly and in a stable manner. Who gets credit? Managers, George Craig and Leeann Dempster and the teams at the club. We did get a thank you sign mind you but this is my problem... the true accolades go to the owners and the football department. Why should fans fund a new £3-4m indoor training facility when we are not the majority shareholder. That's crazy talk tbh. Feed more money into the club that Ron is majority shareholder of and who could ultimately benefit from - buy club, get fans to fund improvement, sell shares in club for more money. Great arrangement for Ron that one, especially since he got the club for relatively cheap.

Many things can be exaggerated but choice of words in small meetings need to be very careful when you haven't got your message out to the masses.

The way this is being mentioned/talked about, its almost like Ron is going to do a crowdfunding scheme. £200 ensures your name is mentioned on the wall of the new indoor training facility and will remain there as long as the building stays. £200,000 ensures one of the training pitches is named after you etc.

Hope this doesn't go the way I'm thinking it might..

and from another Thomas

In deference to 'Madhatter's' post who has already addressed this.

I pay £400 for a season ticket, I go to practically every home game I cant use my ST for, I buy stuff from the food kiosks, I buy stuff from the Hibs shop. I pay £10 a month to HSL ( may it rest in peace ) and petrol costs me £10 or so for every game I attend.

When I have a commitment like that which is decades long I'm sorry mate, but if a guy buys my football club and especially when his very first action is to make it clear that he is in charge by putting a stop to the previous owners initiative that was supposed to at least give the fans some influence in the club, then I expect him to not only provide the initial cash to buy out the previous owners, but also to have a commitment to fund the club out of his own pocket to a reasonable extent .. and not as is seeming more and more likely to be the case, to expect the fans he has just sidelined / put in their place to pay for everything.

If that's the extent of his commitment to funding the club on and off the park going forward then sorry but I'm becoming less and less impressed by the minute with Mr Gordon bitchy.gif

I said at the beginning that the jury was out for me until I saw evidence of what his ownership of the club was going to be like and so far I'm still waiting to be won over.
and another 
So let me get this straight.....

We are to help fund the £3M/£4M indoor training facility?

We have just lost out on a player who chose Aberdeen £££££

But we are told its exciting times to be a Hibee.... How?Nothing much will change I’d say. Any hopes I had of a sugar daddy helping us compete in the transfer/wage department are fast disappearing.
and finally, this Thomas gets it.
Nothing much will change I’d say. Any hopes I had of a sugar daddy helping us compete in the transfer/wage department are fast disappearing.

Coburg Hearts

It won't let me edit my previous post, but I've mistakenly included my last quote in the one previous to it . You get the gist, though. 🤨

Just up on their web site. Copied and pasted below. Get a cuppa and ready for a few laughs. Ronald McDonald speaks out 😂😂😂😂😂 don’t know to even begin with this lot of ramblings . 

Our new majority shareholder, Ron Gordon, has spent the last week immersing himself in all things Hibernian. 

Spending time with each department across Easter Road and HTC, Ron’s been getting to grips with the ins and outs of life at Hibs.

For now, it’s about learning and listening as he refines his vision for the club and you’ll hear more about that in the weeks and months ahead of what promises to be an exciting season on and off the pitch.

In the meantime, Hibs TV caught up with Ron to get his early impressions and you can watch the interview in full here.

Ron, how’s your first week at Hibernian been?

It’s been great. Very busy! Starting in the morning until late in the day. I’ve had a very good opportunity to learn about the club and meet everyone on the team. I’ve absorbed everything so it’s been good.

Do you feel like you’ve had a good insight now into how the club works at different levels?

I think so. I spent the first three days at Easter Road. That was good and gave me a chance to get to know everyone in the different departments. It gave me an understanding of how they work and what they do, plus thinking about how we can maybe improve how we do certain things. I also had a chance to meet with the Hibernian Community Foundation, to hear about some of the wonderful work they do within the community. I think that’s terrific and very representative of what the club stands for and should stand for. It was great to meet with the boys at the training centre, have a look at how they train and have a chance to talk to Paul. It gave me a better understanding of the football operation.

It wasn’t your average welcome at the Hibernian Community Foundation! 

It wasn’t! They received me with a choir, which was fantastic. They performed a beautiful rendition of Sunshine on Leith. I know the lyrics because as I was looking to get into a possible transaction with Hibs I spent a whole weekend listening to The Proclaimers. Then I had the chance to meet Charlie Reid on Monday, which was fantastic as well. I love their music and certainly Sunshine on Leith is a wonderful anthem for Hibs.

How important has it been to immerse yourself this week?

It’s my responsibility to understand the workings of the club and meet everyone on the team. From that we’ll get some new ideas and some new initiatives that will help the club improve. I think part of my responsibility is to help design a strategy and allocate resources where they need to be. We have a terrific leader in Leeann Dempster and the rest of the team. At that point I need to get out of the way and let them get on with what they do best.

You had the chance to meet a few supporters this week but are we right in saying you intend to be over here regularly?

I had a meeting with HSL (Hibernian Supporters) on Monday and supporter groups on Wednesday. It was wonderful for me to see the love and the passion and just how invested people are in their club. I got a wonderful reception and I hope I convinced them of my commitment to the club and its future. I hope I’ll be having a lot of dialogue with supporters over the years.

You mentioned HSL (Hibernian Supporters). You’ve been in conversation with them for some time…

I met HSL the day we closed. It was probably one of the first groups I met with. There are things we can do together but it’s maybe about defining what’s the best way to work together. The supporters are an integral part of the future of the club. They need to be involved and engaged so I’m looking forward to doing more things with supporters. I’m going to try and be here as often as I can. I’ll try and maybe spend 10 days or so over at a time. I’ll come for a weekend, go to the game, work the full week and go to another game before heading home. I should be here often enough.

There have been a few hands to shake this week. Not just within the club.

I had a chance to meet some community leaders. Liz at the Chamber of Commerce was super informative in terms of the city, where it’s going and some of the initiatives around the corporate side of Edinburgh. That’s an important part for us to be engaged in. I had a chance to meet with the league and Neil Doncaster, who gave me a nice overview of the league and how it works. I’m looking forward to having a better understanding of that as well. I also met GameChanger through Linda and that was very positive. There’s a lot of positive community work that Hibernian is involved in and is a catalyst for, which I think it’s great. I think it gives our club a lot more meaning.

For all the important meetings you had, you did look as if you enjoyed just being out on the grass juggling a ball while the team trained.

I loved that. I love the game so it was good to see how the boys work and get ready for a season we all hope will be terrific. Reflecting on my conversations with Paul and the football staff, I think there’s a lot of optimism that we have a very strong squad.

And you’re looking forward to watching the team in action against Stirling Albion?

I’m really looking forward to being there to watch the team! I can’t wait.

Before we let you go, tell us about your meeting with a couple of well-known Hibernian supporters in Andy and Judy Murray!

It was great. I had a chance to connect with Andy last Friday at Wimbledon. His grandfather obviously played for Hibs so he’s a lifelong fan. I hope we can do more in the future with him. I also had the chance to spend 45 minutes with his mother, Judy, who was absolutely delightful. She gave me a really good insight into Scotland and tennis. It was great to spend some time with them.

We’re sure they filled you in on their work with Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous, with Andy obviously an Academy mentor.

We spoke about Ryan and Fraser. They’re very excited about them, as we are as a club. They’re two talented kids and I hope they continue to grow, progress and mature into phenomenal players.

Finally, Ron, do you have a message for the supporters?

I’m entirely committed to Hibs. I started falling in love with the club when I looked at it. Now I’ve had a chance to come in and spend some time, a bit more in-depth, I’m very excited. I’m very much in love with this club. It’s a fantastic club with some great possibilities and I feel very fortunate to be a part of that.

Mr Brightside

Has anyone over here he road questioned the need to spend £3m at East Mains as they already had a ‘state of the art’ training centre.

Nothing gets questioned, spout the line about being well run and debt free, then announce the take over makes them debt free. Go on about having a ‘state of the art’ training centre but need to spend £3m to build a suitable full size indoor pitch.

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Has anyone over here he road questioned the need to spend £3m at East Mains as they already had a ‘state of the art’ training centre.

Nothing gets questioned, spout the line about being well run and debt free, then announce the take over makes them debt free. Go on about having a ‘state of the art’ training centre but need to spend £3m to build a suitable full size indoor pitch.

True if you.listened to Hibs fans befor this takeover they already said they had the best training centre in Scotland.Everything is make believe with them just takes one person to mention it and it becomes gospel.