• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that Ron Paddington doesn’t have his 90 day and six month plans in place already makes it sound like they’ve sold to the first bidder...

Say What Again

Meanwhile, on the pitch, Malmo won 7-0 in Europe tonight.

They’ve can’t have done that since? Jeez, I can’t remember...

20ABB787-1A15-4ADC-8C60-448084905C9D.jpeg

Edited by Say What Again

Clark Griswold
10 minutes ago, Zico said:

The fact that Ron Paddington doesn’t have his 90 day and six month plans in place already makes it sound like they’ve sold to the first bidder...

Yep, was thinking that too. Surely these 'plans' would have been presented to the board before any sale took place. Stinks of take the money and run doesn't it.

Popcorn GIFs aplenty in the future me thinks :) 

Say What Again
5 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

These eedjits have sold the club to Lyle Langley, haven't they? 

Julia Roberts ex? 

49 minutes ago, sac said:

Dear Mr Gustas,

I am concerned and ashamed to learn that after a personal investment of 48p in HSL shares, a guy called Rocket Ron from the people’s Republic of America has bought our entire £20m prime Legoland real Estate for the cut price sum of £6m, thus rendering our substantial investment worthless.

This is a matter of the utmost urgency, & needs looking into.

I shall remain inside my sister as I eagerly await your reply.

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Only on the inside, unfortunately. 

:lol:

indianajones

I have no idea whats going on but everything feels a bit Hibsy? Hibsy being we laughed at their 'hobonomics' - is this just our version?

Are we getting excited because their version of FoH has failed (we knew this already) and Hibs fans have lost money? 

Are we getting excited because their fans will never own their club now?

Are we getting excited because this new owner could (little evidence to suggest at the moment im guessing) asset strip them and/or skim on any future profits?

All of the above +?

I honestly have no idea so would appreciate a quick summary as to why there is excitement for us in the current wee team situation. 

8 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Yep, was thinking that too. Surely these 'plans' would have been presented to the board before any sale took place. Stinks of take the money and run doesn't it.

Popcorn GIFs aplenty in the future me thinks :) 

Unless Ron thinks you deliver the 90 day plan on the 90th day! 

Mr Brightside
25 minutes ago, Zico said:

To be fair he was pretty quick to get his floating charge in place.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

HSL will be losing DD as we speak.

The irony is a lot of them predicted the same for us not so long ago.

Hibs and their fans:

Hahaha Hearts, see what their daein? Yam fuds. They’ll fail with this.

We are doing the same now.

Aye? Great idea, we are really original.

The Yams’ version is doing really well.

Aye, well that’s because x, y and z. Ours will eventually be better.

Ours is failing miserably. 

Get the Proclaimers on the phone!

Ours scheme is now dead in the water.

Well, never liked the idea in the first place.

So they (the few) will continue to put their hard earned into HSL for what ? They can’t buy shares so presumably they will need to decide wether they pass it on to Ronald McDonald to further bolster his pension fund 😂😂 this is just brilliant. Karma isn’t far away folks. 

Just now, gjcc said:

Looking forward to their “pioneering” 3rd kit having Ronald Gordon thousands of times instead of the HSL subscribers. 

:rofl:

“Bet they yams huvnae thought ay that likesay ken.”

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

So they (the few) will continue to put their hard earned into HSL for what ? They can’t buy shares so presumably they will need to decide wether they pass it on to Ronald McDonald to further bolster his pension fund 😂😂 this is just brilliant. Karma isn’t far away folks. 

Someone on rotnet has already suggested they continue to donate to build up a pot to stave of any potential admin event. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Looking forward to their “pioneering” 3rd kit having Ronald Gordon thousands of times instead of the HSL subscribers. 

Just his name in giant letters... however...

Those other share-owning companies though, that’s the interesting part. Who owns them? 🤔

I think Petrie and Farmer... 😏

Be keen to see what Ron does next. If Dempster and the old guard get forced out for his own people... ohhh baby, popcorn time.

This deal stinks and Ron seems a bit shady. Lovely juddley

7 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Something new I’ve missed here ? 

In brief:

Hibs fans have realised that due to the takeover by RG their charity shop version of FoH cannot purchase any more shares that they had been promised under Farmer. Also meaning they are unable to even reach the threshold (25.1%) for getting a board member. Stitched up good and proper. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

In brief:

Hibs fans have realised that due to the takeover by RG their charity shop version of FoH cannot purchase any more shares that they had been promised under Farmer. Also meaning they are unable to even reach the threshold (25.1%) for getting a board member. Stitched up good and proper. 

And therefore the distinct and hugely likely possibility he has an agenda. Wonder what that could be 😂😂😂  lovely jubbly.

27 minutes ago, Phage said:

Be keen to see what Ron does next. If Dempster and the old guard get forced out for his own people... ohhh baby, popcorn time.

This deal stinks and Ron seems a bit shady. Lovely juddley

That would be beautiful. Fingers crossed. Their very own Mike Ashley 😂😂

NaturalOrder74
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

And therefore the distinct and hugely likely possibility he has an agenda. Wonder what that could be 😂😂😂  lovely jubbly.

Tick tock ? 

2 minutes ago, sac said:

Are they ragin yet aye?

Not to exaggerate but they are absolutely seething on .net

Confusion and arguments. Threats of DD cancelling.

Bizarrely most of them who do have DD''s set up are saying they never wanted fan ownership anyway, despite directly contributing to hat very goal. 

Surely if they wanted to put money into the club but not want fan ownership they would just buy up extra tickets for games each month or somethign similar? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Are they ragin yet aye?

Some are, others are unwittingly soiling their cages, others are trying to convince themselves it’s all rosy 😂😂

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Not to exaggerate but they are absolutely seething on .net

Confusion and arguments. Threats of DD cancelling.

Bizarrely most of them who do have DD''s set up are saying they never wanted fan ownership anyway, despite directly contributing to hat very goal. 

Surely if they wanted to put money into the club but not want fan ownership they would just buy up extra tickets for games each month or somethign similar? :lol: 

Indeed. It’s a hilarious read. They are like cornered rats. Don’t know what the fek they are to do or talking about.

the best ones are the ones that blame themselves as they had 4 years to buy the required quota of shares 😂😂😂 but they didn’t want to. The references to the FOH are few (understandably given their situation) but are beautiful when mentioned. Big team - Wee team.

Hopefully he sells the piggery in due course and I’d die a happy man. Karma wouldn’t come close

Oh this is delicious.

1. HSL has been lining Farmers and Petrie's pockets, as part of there exit plan to the tune of 800k allegedly

2. Not enough Hibs fans engaged and cried Ponzi scheme etc. Leaving the shares worthless as they cant block any votes, have any clout under 25%. 

3. Big Ron isn't going to sell them anymore to gain any sort of blocking power, seat on the board etc. For example bulldozing the ground and building condominiums is out with Hibs fans control.

4. If they were at FOH levels of funding... they would have had enough cash/shares to achieve a block votes percentage or 51%.

5. Fans are angry and disillusioned at there investment/shares getting diluted and Ron seizing full control and not offering more shares. 1 week in and pissed off the hardcore fans that will put there hands in their pockets.

6. Farmer was desperate to get out for years. Petrie had no choice with his SFA promotion he HAD to get out now. Hardly a situation where you would ask to many questions or decline any offers.

7. HSL will need to change its articles/mandate as it's no longer a vehicle to buy shares (none for sale anymore). Fans divide... 'supplementing a millionaire' and 'investing in infrastructure' hibs fans are cancelling as we speak. Others will blindly keep paying and hope for the best (fan ownership warchest). Why would Ron would spend/invest 3+ million to give it all back to the fans... lol. He's here to make a buck.

8. Ron couldn't meet any earlier, spent the week in London at Wimbledon and sightseeing. No 90 day or 6 month plan in place. Wouldn't give me much confidence in the new guy.

Happy to be corrected on any point. Just having a wee brief read at HSL statement etc and that's my take on a few issues. I'd be so concern if I was a Hibs fan

Ron Gordon - 67%

HSL.              - 21%

Bass Rock Investments
Edinburgh Investments
Hilton Park Nominees
Leith Walk Nominees
Redwood Nominees
Water of Leith Nominees
Almond Investments
Duddingston Nominees
East Lothian Nominees
Forth Bridge Investments
North Berwick Investments
Wellington Nominees
Arthur Seat Nominees
First Choice Nominees
Scotland Street Nominees
London Nominees
Turnstile Investments
Value Investments               - 12%

Let’s be honest here. Petrie owns 12% doesn’t he? 🤔

Farmer was obviously desperate to sell for whatever reason. 

What makes me laugh is the much lauded Dempster seems to of completely ignored the HSL .  Now if I was a contributor I would be absolutely furious that she has had no dialogue whatsoever with HSL despite the fact they say they were in talks with Ronald McDonald for a long time. It’s like they never existed or were even cared about. It’s beautiful. 

Like above poster said, he feked off to bloody Wimbledon lol. Why on earth would he do that if he cared so much immediately after buying them ? I’d be raging .

This has arms and legs folks. Arms and legs. 😂😂

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ron Gordon - 67%

HSL.              - 21%

Bass Rock Investments
Edinburgh Investments
Hilton Park Nominees
Leith Walk Nominees
Redwood Nominees
Water of Leith Nominees
Almond Investments
Duddingston Nominees
East Lothian Nominees
Forth Bridge Investments
North Berwick Investments
Wellington Nominees
Arthur Seat Nominees
First Choice Nominees
Scotland Street Nominees
London Nominees
Turnstile Investments
Value Investments               - 12%

Let’s be honest here. Petrie owns 12% doesn’t he? 🤔

In hindsight we should of bought the shares when available. Can you imagine 😂

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

In hindsight we should of bought the shares when available. Can you imagine 😂

😄

Another possibility regarding the mysterious 12%...

What I’d they are owned by Gordon’s family? 

If Ron controls the 67% in his name, and 12% in his dog’s name, then he effectively owns 79%, but doesn’t pass over the threshold for making an offer for the remaining shares.also stops HSL from purchasing more shares and getting a representative on the board. 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Farmer was obviously desperate to sell for whatever reason. 

What makes me laugh is the much lauded Dempster seems to of completely ignored the HSL .  Now if I was a contributor I would be absolutely furious that she has had no dialogue whatsoever with HSL despite the fact they say they were in talks with Ronald McDonald for a long time. It’s like they never existed or were even cared about. It’s beautiful. 

Like above poster said, he feked off to bloody Wimbledon lol. Why on earth would he do that if he cared so much immediately after buying them ? I’d be raging .

This has arms and legs folks. Arms and legs. 😂😂

All very awkward for Dempster as she's on the HSL board but has been very quiet about all this. Not long after the Lennon debacle, too. Too busy updating her CV maybe? That would be a bad result for Hibs as she's done pretty well compared to Petrie.

It's all very sneaky though. Farmer, Petrie and Dempster (unless she was kept in the dark, in which case she'll probably be off) knew this would stop HSL in its tracks. They could have involved HSL in negotiations but they knew they'd have no buyer as HSL would want to secure the shares they needed so they, and Dempster you'd assume, kept them in the dark until the deal was done and it was too late. I'd be very pissed off if I was an HSL contributor or a member of the Proclaimers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Is Kenny McKaskill still the HSL chairman? Maybe he could offer the Hibs fans some insight? 😄

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All very awkward for Dempster as she's on the HSL board but has been very quiet about all this. Not long after the Lennon debacle, too. Too busy updating her CV maybe? That would be a bad result for Hibs as she's done pretty well compared to Petrie.

It's all very sneaky though. Farmer, Petrie and Dempster (unless she was kept in the dark, in which case she'll probably be off) knew this would stop HSL in its tracks. They could have involved HSL in negotiations but they knew they'd have no buyer as HSL would want to secure the shares they needed so they, and Dempster you'd assume, kept them in the dark until the deal was done and it was too late. I'd be very pissed off if I was an HSL contributor or a member of the Proclaimers.

It says they started speaking to Gordon in December.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Lovecraft said:

It says they started speaking to Gordon in December.

That makes it worse. They obviously knew involving HSL would kill any deal stone dead as the new owner wants complete control (understandable but likely to lead to more squeaky bum time for Hibs fans). 

Be interesting to see how all this unfolds. Be nice to be on the outside looking in as a club has an ownership crisis for a change. If they use whatever investment this all results in to start signing genuine quality like Steven Naismith, Cristophe Berra or John Souttar maybe Hibs fans will ignore all the HSL stuff but the signs are it's going to be hundreds of thousands of pounds being spent on English League Two players instead.

jamboinglasgow

I think you have to take these things with a pinch of salt because we are viewing Hibs through maroon lenses. But, certainly if I was a Hibs fan, after the euphoria of last weeks announcement, there is a lot of questions that need to be asked. First of all what is his plan for Hibs. I haven't really seen anything except some empty statement about wanting to challenge Celtic (I have only ever seen an owner with a really ambitious statement like that follow it through and that was Leicester.) Heckingbottom has already confirmed he is not getting a bigger budget. HSL are getting no more shares, is that purely to protect his investment by stopping someone getting on the board who he hasn't picked?

If I was really cynical, though I dont think it would be this as it would be too hard to push through, that he has bought a large plot of land near the centre of Edinburgh for £6m (plus a large plot of land in East Lothian.) You could easily sell the land for housing for much more than you bought it. If your a businessman looking to make a very profitable investment, this could be a real money spinner (and sell the football club for pennys after you have removed the land from the club, so you dont have that side hanging round your neck.)

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That makes it worse. They obviously knew involving HSL would kill any deal stone dead as the new owner wants complete control (understandable but likely to lead to more squeaky bum time for Hibs fans). 

Be interesting to see how all this unfolds. Be nice to be on the outside looking in as a club has an ownership crisis for a change. If they use whatever investment this all results in to start signing genuine quality like Steven Naismith, Cristophe Berra or John Souttar maybe Hibs fans will ignore all the HSL stuff but the signs are it's going to be hundreds of thousands of pounds being spent on English League Two players instead.

Gordon, 63, approached Hibs chairman Rod Petrie in December and Sir Tom decided the “time was right” to “get off the bus”. He admitted he was sad to be handing over, but said it was the right decision.

https://magazine.dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2019/07/03/hibs-new-owner-puts-ambitions-to-the-test/

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think you have to take these things with a pinch of salt because we are viewing Hibs through maroon lenses. But, certainly if I was a Hibs fan, after the euphoria of last weeks announcement, there is a lot of questions that need to be asked. First of all what is his plan for Hibs. I haven't really seen anything except some empty statement about wanting to challenge Celtic (I have only ever seen an owner with a really ambitious statement like that follow it through and that was Leicester.) Heckingbottom has already confirmed he is not getting a bigger budget. HSL are getting no more shares, is that purely to protect his investment by stopping someone getting on the board who he hasn't picked?

If I was really cynical, though I dont think it would be this as it would be too hard to push through, that he has bought a large plot of land near the centre of Edinburgh for £6m (plus a large plot of land in East Lothian.) You could easily sell the land for housing for much more than you bought it. If your a businessman looking to make a very profitable investment, this could be a real money spinner (and sell the football club for pennys after you have removed the land from the club, so you dont have that side hanging round your neck.)

And bugger off back to USA after 😂.

its a weird set up that’s for sure

He is happy where the club is just now.

He is looking to be 3rd or 4th or something like that.      Yeah, he said that.

The budget is very solid for player acquisition.

They won't be spending any cash basically.

Also, we want to have the best academy in Scotland..................  I don't know what that entails but.............

:cornette_dog:

Edited by Lovecraft