Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

2 hours ago, trotter said:

Even now that thread is a joy to pour a cuppa and read through. Particular highlight for me was when everyone turned on Sergey/Sangar/Kato and his other aliases and started calling him out for the shitehawk he is. 

What page please

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Scottish rich bloke living in the USA apparently primed for a takeover.

Global hobby had to be one of us.

Surely?

14 minutes ago, jake said:

What page please

It starts (somewhat gently) towards the bottom of page 1538, his multiple usernames get pulled up on page 1540, various people start wising up to the fact that he's been spouting pish and replying to posts from his other usernames, and then it goes rapidly downhill from page 1547 onwards when the abuse starts.

:rofl: 

Edited by trotter

1 minute ago, trotter said:

It starts (somewhat gently) towards the bottom of page 1538, his multiple usernames get pulled up on page 1540, and then it's all downhill from there until the end of the thread with various people wising up to the fact that he's been spouting pish.

I cant wait to read it .

Thanks.

Soooo... hope this boy Gray is related to the boy that used to own them with the same surname. ?

7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

6 million investment 

That'll be farmers mortgage loan paid off then

Will make zero difference 

Pheckingbottom flooding the place with lower league players as we speak 

Season ticket sales at 12k 

Thats the same as us and we've had some pish poor results and performances last season 

36 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

6 million investment 

That'll be farmers mortgage loan paid off then

Will make zero difference 

Pheckingbottom flooding the place with lower league players as we speak 

Season ticket sales at 12k 

Thats the same as us and we've had some pish poor results and performances last season 

Think they are still in chuckie to him for about £3-4m. ?

kawasakijambo
On 28/06/2019 at 09:39, TommiGronlund said:

There stadium being bigger is irrelevant as they don't sell out as often as we do, I have a hibs fan at my work who got a hard on about hibs getting awarded a gold merit certification recently and we only got silver.... Who cares its bums on seats that counts 

Serious question, why did easter road get gold, when Tynecastle only got silver?

30 minutes ago, kawasakijambo said:

Serious question, why did easter road get gold, when Tynecastle only got silver?

Below is a copy of a bit of the Evening News website piece about awards.

I don't know why he stadium was marked down, maybe it was to do with the ongoing works, or maybe it's partly based on overall capacity or pitch size, or similar.

"Scottish football's governing body recently published a breakdown of how each Scottish Premiership side from the 2018/19 season scored. All clubs were scrutinised over Legal / Admin / Finance and Codes; Youth; First Team and Ground, with an overall award being granted.

Hibs received gold for all four categories, earning them an overall gold award.

However Hearts, who scored gold for Legal / Admin / Finance and Codes, Youth and First Team, were awarded silver for Tynecastle Park stadium, giving them an overall award of silver."

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Below is a copy of a bit of the Evening News website piece about awards.

I don't know why he stadium was marked down, maybe it was to do with the ongoing works, or maybe it's partly based on overall capacity or pitch size, or similar.

"Scottish football's governing body recently published a breakdown of how each Scottish Premiership side from the 2018/19 season scored. All clubs were scrutinised over Legal / Admin / Finance and Codes; Youth; First Team and Ground, with an overall award being granted.

Hibs received gold for all four categories, earning them an overall gold award.

However Hearts, who scored gold for Legal / Admin / Finance and Codes, Youth and First Team, were awarded silver for Tynecastle Park stadium, giving them an overall award of silver."

I think it was because our Main Stand still had quite a bit of work to be done in the interior. 

Fair play to them if they're attracting investment.

No point in being bitter if it goes through, just need to make sure we're spending the money we have wisely.  These things usually even themselves out, hearts have had a few years now of being quite strong financially and able to buy a new stand, new pitch etc so now it's their turn i suppose.

hughesie27

Think they are planning on putting this towards and indoor pitch at their training ground.

Leveins Battalion

The problem with announcing investments is that players and agents want their share of the pie,we have lived through the rich owner phase,I am 100% convinced fan ownership is the way forward.

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Think they are planning on putting this towards and indoor pitch at their training ground.

Everyone slates East Mains but it has the potential to be good with a bit of investment.  I'm sure the facilities are still good just looks like a bit of a hole :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Everyone slates East Mains but it has the potential to be good with a bit of investment.  I'm sure the facilities are still good just looks like a bit of a hole :laugh:

I remember speaking to a Hearts scout a few years ago, he’s no longer at Hearts now. Apparently their facilities are actually pretty shit. No idea how true that is or not, just sharing what he told me.

hughesie27

I've been to East Mains for a Hearts v Hibs youth game.

Their current indoor facilities are that small that they have had to paint goals onto the walls...

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I remember speaking to a Hearts scout a few years ago, he’s no longer at Hearts now. Apparently their facilities are actually pretty shit. No idea how true that is or not, just sharing what he told me.

Hes right. I was at an SFA course at East Mains and although their outdoor pitches are very good from what I could see, their coveted indoor barn is poor, only suitable for U11s and younger  at a push

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ah fair enough.  They've got all the space in the world out there i suppose so investment could really turn it round for them.

Suppose we've always been spoiled with Riccarton and the Oriam!

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

Ah fair enough.  They've got all the space in the world out there i suppose so investment could really turn it round for them.

Suppose we've always been spoiled with Riccarton and the Oriam!

Yeah, we really are. When I spoke to him, we were just out of admin, and sorting out our Oriam set-up. I was particularly interested in that. He said our facilities had to be seen to be believed. I asked if not owning them made a difference. He said that the way we have done it gives us access to much better facilities than we could afford to build ourselves and maintain on our own. He said that Hibs’ pretty poor standard facilities are testament to that. 

I’m sure investment would help them, but where do you stop? Would it improve them much on the pitch?

Press conference this morning re this. An Edinburgh born businessman looking to pump some 6M  investment in. Should we be concerned.......probably not.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Already a thread. Is there even a press conference?

Seems a bit of disagreement amongst the rodents on this. I think ‘something’ is definitely afoot, just not sure what yet.

I think they still owe Farmer nearly £4m quid though, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens there.

See what happens I suppose...

Ronald Villiers
6 minutes ago, Killinman said:

Press conference this morning re this. An Edinburgh born businessman looking to pump some 6M  investment in. Should we be concerned.......probably not.

We've had cash from a benefactor and have FOH payments.  We're also stable financially, they're not.

Sir Tom will be rubbing his hands. Money back with interest. Interesting to see what happens. I remember what happened the last time supposed millionaires got involved with them.  Only the intervention of Wallace saved them. 

vegas-voss
9 minutes ago, Killinman said:

How many times do you hear and see it multi millions new ownership then club ends up in the shit.Remeber our own club was one of them.We are far better off how we are.

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

We've had cash from a benefactor and have FOH payments.  We're also stable financially, they're not.

How are they not financially stable? 

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seems a bit of disagreement amongst the rodents on this. I think ‘something’ is definitely afoot, just not sure what yet.

I think they still owe Farmer nearly £4m quid though, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens there.

See what happens I suppose...

It should be about £3m by now. 

(it was £3.48m just over 12 months ago,according to their accounts)

34 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, we really are. When I spoke to him, we were just out of admin, and sorting out our Oriam set-up. I was particularly interested in that. He said our facilities had to be seen to be believed. I asked if not owning them made a difference. He said that the way we have done it gives us access to much better facilities than we could afford to build ourselves and maintain on our own. He said that Hibs’ pretty poor standard facilities are testament to that. 

I’m sure investment would help them, but where do you stop? Would it improve them much on the pitch?

I think it does in the long term.  It’s not going to turn kamberi into Ronaldo but over time it helps in producing your own players and can be a big thing for future senior players coming in. 

This could end up being the start of some serious investment into them but I suppose we’ll find out shortly.  I don’t think it’s much for us to worry about until they’re splashing 5m on one player :laugh: 

Sad that a thread has started. Who cares! Always in our shadow. I’ve never once cared about the cash flow situation at Fester when it’s been negative and won’t care now. HHGH

10 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Good luck to them healthy competition is good for Edinburgh.

I'll go with this, and add also for Scottish football. 

I always have a touch of pessimism with big money promises after Vlad and Dave King at Rangers. 

And an investment normally requires a return.   

Edited by I.T.K

grumpyespana
1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

But I always have a touch of pessimism with big money promises after Vlad and Dave King at Rangers. 

Correct you get nothing for nothing now days what would worry me is the shadow of Farmer still hanging over them, mind you they will always be the wee team in the city lol.

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I always have a touch of pessimism with big money promises after Vlad and Dave King at Rangers. 

They will be looking for more than a plot ceremony. Lets look to increasing our 7500/8000  investor base. Much more secure

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

It should be about £3m by now. 

(it was £3.48m just over 12 months ago,according to their accounts)

There was provision in the mortgage for accelerated repayments depending on their financial position. They were forecasting to pay £655k back in 2018/19 instead of the normal £500k a year.  I suspect that a proportion of the McGinn transfer fee will be heading the way of STF.

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

£6m to install a Yodel depot at East Mains ?

3 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

selling their soul .....

I don’t think something that black, shrivelled, and pickled in bitterness would fetch £6m.

doctor jambo

£6 million does not get you very far these days. At least not if its a one off.

If you spend it all on wages for a year it would probably lift you to a maximum third.

And then its all gone.

Ibrahim Tall

‘Outside’ Investment and greater competition in Scottish football is a good thing.

Even if it is them..

£6m isn’t exactly earth shattering though, Celtic for example have just spunked £7m on Julien and probably the same again in wages.