***Official Arbroath v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I have no time for Hearts being second rate and neither should anyone who loves our club.

Could+ve+turned+out+weirder+_ae3002dfab5

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• rick witter

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Despite being a friendly I would have expected more from the 4 above, it's quite concerning. Even though 1st game back, these youngsters should be fit and upto speed. McDonald & Cochrane burst into the team and in the last 18 months both have been anonymous, I have not seen either have a decent game since January 2018, I would have expected them to kick on this season, based on the above maybe not.

I think in every post you put up you are having a dig at 2 young boys. They came in and did brilliantly when the team was struggling. In the close season CL brought in 17 players so their chances were always going to be limited but dont let that stop your ridiculous statement.

Harry has had injuries as has Anthony so they were out for a period of time. Anthony went on loan and did well at ICT, helping them to the play offs and Harry started to play with the 1st team again.

It is weird, you sound like you are desperate for them to fail which is really sad. You have said in the past about Anthonys attitude  one you have never backed up with any facts.

These boys and others need to play, when you dont play and are then dropped into the team you are not at that level of sharpness so you look like you are having bad games, same principles applies when you train 1st team then play reserve foitball, you execute quicker than your team mates so you look ........

Thankfully the people in charge see things better than you, as do the national coaches. These boys have huge futures ahead of them but even if they are successful I am sure you will find a negative.

allanwilson1970
8 hours ago, Naisysback said:

I think in every post you put up you are having a dig at 2 young boys. They came in and did brilliantly when the team was struggling. In the close season CL brought in 17 players so their chances were always going to be limited but dont let that stop your ridiculous statement.

Harry has had injuries as has Anthony so they were out for a period of time. Anthony went on loan and did well at ICT, helping them to the play offs and Harry started to play with the 1st team again.

It is weird, you sound like you are desperate for them to fail which is really sad. You have said in the past about Anthonys attitude  one you have never backed up with any facts.

These boys and others need to play, when you dont play and are then dropped into the team you are not at that level of sharpness so you look like you are having bad games, same principles applies when you train 1st team then play reserve foitball, you execute quicker than your team mates so you look ........

Thankfully the people in charge see things better than you, as do the national coaches. These boys have huge futures ahead of them but even if they are successful I am sure you will find a negative.

You are so wrong, I am desperate for the 2 of them to do well, they are both our highest profile academy graduates for years and will be in the spotlight from us fans. Praised to high heavens when good and fair criticism when not, it is the same as Paterson and Walker had a few years back when they were highest profile. Although now more of us have access to social media the current 2 are probably more in the spotlight than others before.

I am disappointed they have not kicked on in the last 18 months as all of us had hoped, you mention injuries as the reason for inconsistencies and lack of development. If I compare them both to the 2 mentioned they are at this point way behind in their development same age when I expected them to be ahead. Have you really seen either of them play really well for 90 minutes since January 2018?

Just look at the boy Hastie and Turnbull at Motherwell both similar to Cochrane and McDonald in position and style yet they have developed rapidly albeit a year older. 

I regularly goto u16, u18, reserves and first team games, during the younger games parents are happy to talk about their kids (who are full time or part time so in the know) and what is going on at the club. Anything I have stated here has been said straight to me from parents directly and the performance comments are based on my own view of watching Hearts for 25 years. For sure there are a lot of comments negative about McDonalds attitude, as you say I have no facts but there is no smoke without fire. And I would not repeat on here what was said but some of it was not nice and I sincerely hope not correct. 

I hope they both kick on, I missed the game Saturday as working, I will be in Ireland later today and also see the rest of our pre season games, I will be delighted to be able to report they both were excellent if that is the case. 

Last point I mentioned 4 in my initial comment not just the 2. 

I'll no be losing my stuff yet 

I'll back everyone at Hearts 

I still think Levein won't last past January 

Naisysback
15 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

You are so wrong, I am desperate for the 2 of them to do well, they are both our highest profile academy graduates for years and will be in the spotlight from us fans. Praised to high heavens when good and fair criticism when not, it is the same as Paterson and Walker had a few years back when they were highest profile. Although now more of us have access to social media the current 2 are probably more in the spotlight than others before.

I am disappointed they have not kicked on in the last 18 months as all of us had hoped, you mention injuries as the reason for inconsistencies and lack of development. If I compare them both to the 2 mentioned they are at this point way behind in their development same age when I expected them to be ahead. Have you really seen either of them play really well for 90 minutes since January 2018?

Just look at the boy Hastie and Turnbull at Motherwell both similar to Cochrane and McDonald in position and style yet they have developed rapidly albeit a year older. 

I regularly goto u16, u18, reserves and first team games, during the younger games parents are happy to talk about their kids (who are full time or part time so in the know) and what is going on at the club. Anything I have stated here has been said straight to me from parents directly and the performance comments are based on my own view of watching Hearts for 25 years. For sure there are a lot of comments negative about McDonalds attitude, as you say I have no facts but there is no smoke without fire. And I would not repeat on here what was said but some of it was not nice and I sincerely hope not correct. 

I hope they both kick on, I missed the game Saturday as working, I will be in Ireland later today and also see the rest of our pre season games, I will be delighted to be able to report they both were excellent if that is the case. 

Last point I mentioned 4 in my initial comment not just the 2. 

So they havent played well since Jan 2018. That was the season they made their debits, so in the last 4 months of that season they didnt play well!!!

The season just gone they hardly played in the first 6 months. In around 1st team, in squads but not being used so very limited game time. Harry had some injuries but was back playing again at the end of season sporadically. Anthony had a good loan at Inverness which will benefit him.  

The comparison to Hastie\Turnbull doesnt work. Both those boys were put in and played every week irrespective of their performance and they were not sensational in every game  When you play at thst level every week you become accustomed to the pace of the game and then you start to grow in confidence, Hearts dont offer the same luxury. 17 players brought in means chances of playing get slimmer but slso style of football, demands of the support mean it's easier to play an experienced player rather than a youth player.

The nonsense around attitude sounds to me like jealousy from some parents. I have spoken with Anthonys dad and he is down to earth and don't think he would let his boy away with that. Strangely I have not heard anything from anyone about any of the young players having attitude other than it being excellent  so maybe until you have facts you should stop spreading rumour. Also dont think he would be anywhere near 1st team if he had attitude   can't see the experienced players or the management letting any boy away with that.

I appreciate people being honest in their opinions but to call out a young boy when he has a poor run of form or a bad game doesnt sit well with me. The boys ard learning, still growing, jeez only just turned 18, and they will have good days and bad, same as everyone else.

Maybe your expectations of them in every game is way too high, have you analyzed the other players on the pitch  are they passing quickly enough, making runs off the ball,  providing support or is it just a case of, they are higb profile so give them the ball and lets see what they can do.....

OmiyaHearts
43 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'll no be losing my stuff yet 

I'll back everyone at Hearts 

I still think Levein won't last past January 

I think both Hearts & Celtic will be looking a new manager, in 6 months time.

Big Moysey

My take on Saturday was very few of those there will start in our first 11. A few will feature as squad players. It was a good chance for the youngsters to show themselves, however, 45 minutes of play for each of them is hardly enough to judge anything. Imo the youngsters will only feature sparingly this season. We do need a good midfielder though!

Igglepiggle
2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

They are both about two years older, and I'm not sure either of them had even played for Motherwell when they were Cochrane and McDonald's age. Who's to say we won't see similar developments over the next year or two?

Car crash thread, we have Hearts fans calling other Hearts fans:

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

We really have a low opinion of our own fans. sick of these threads all turning into personal insults, very childish and boring. surprised it's allowed to go on for so long.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Agreed Lennon won't last there and if we don't pick up form early Levein could be away if we don't get through the betfred stages 

28 points from the last 24 games does not make good reading at all for a club this size 

I'm not Levein bashing either its just the way it is,  he has to hit the ground running and i include friendlies in that we must build up momentum and confidence as early as possible

29 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

We really have a low opinion of our own fans. sick of these threads all turning into personal insults, very childish and boring. surprised it's allowed to go on for so long.

Totally agree

OmiyaHearts
44 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Agreed Lennon won't last there and if we don't pick up form early Levein could be away if we don't get through the betfred stages 

28 points from the last 24 games does not make good reading at all for a club this size 

I'm not Levein bashing either its just the way it is,  he has to hit the ground running and i include friendlies in that we must build up momentum and confidence as early as possible

I agree. The league form is an area for serious concern and it's mental that any manager could survive that run. But some people are untouchable, I suppose.

I expect a massive improvement in form, a better playing style to watch and a commitment from the club that tools won't be downed post-split. I don't expect any of the three to happen, unfortunately. But I'm always happy to be proven wrong with my predictions!

It's a bit off-topic now so I'll leave it there.

pattythejambo
13 hours ago, Naisysback said:

I used to get to the youth games but can’t manage now but still watch on here for word on our young stars, but as Naisey said mr Wilson is always negative it actually sounds like he’s a disgruntled parent who’s son never made it or is getting overlooked.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hibs started with more normal starters than we did FWIW.

Mallan

Kamberi

Mcgregor

Allan (who would be a starter I would think)

Dunno about Whittaker?

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Mallan

Kamberi

Mcgregor

Dunno about Whittaker?

Hope the GK (whoever he is) is gonna be a normal starter.

:greggy:

Bull's-eye
On 01/07/2019 at 11:47, cheetah said:

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

The players, staff and owner are all fair game though eh ?

On 01/07/2019 at 22:47, cheetah said:

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

Dont want to nitpick but I think you missed out deluded.  I was branded in that fashion by stating that I expected us to score a minimum of 12 goals in the league cup group. 

Obviously I did not state that we would score 12 but given the level of the opposition, that was and remains my expectation.

Now I may be over ambitious and that is well worth debate but deluded?

I think not.

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

:wtf: No Cockwomble or bell chief. Must be a slow week.

The Internet
5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Mallan

Kamberi

Mcgregor

Dunno about Whittaker?

Their big money superstar striker from forest green started and missed a penalty. 

been here before

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

Never quite understood this "other Hearts fans" pish.

Cant people be any of the above if they are "other Hearts fans"? Ive met plenty over the years.

Edited by been here before

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Their big money superstar striker from forest green started and missed a penalty. 

Quite a lot of their superstars played.

Wonder if they'll have to take a pay cut to pay back their new owner.

Dot net in lockdown because of a pre season friendly could be another world first for them.

Agree with others about people being precious over Hearts supporters being called out for being arseholes, but it’s okay to call the owner, players and manager everything under the sun. I find that stunning hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So. League Champions elect got beat there too.

:interehjrling:

I got it absolutely tight from a few of my Hibs pals after our game v Arbroath, even though our team was made up of mainly youngsters. They played with a few of their future Champions League winning team and still lost :lol: pre season or not, they are the gift that keeps on giving.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, DG_HMFC said:

I got it absolutely tight from a few of my Hibs pals after our game v Arbroath, even though our team was made up of mainly youngsters. They played with a few of their future Champions League winning team and still lost :lol: pre season or not, they are the gift that keeps on giving.

Have fun with that today  :)

22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agree with others about people being precious over Hearts supporters being called out for being arseholes, but it’s okay to call the owner, players and manager everything under the sun. I find that stunning hypocrisy.

It's been a bit like this for years. In the Romanov era I worked at Hearts for 18 months. Lots of good fans but an element of absolute melts who felt entitled, a game was lost you were abused. I remember being in Athens for the champions league qualifier and a Hearts fan approached me in a pub, wanted to moan about tickets .

We all want to win and the club to be successful but like any team many feel there is an entitlement for this that or the next thing. It's not unique to hearts, i follow speedway and Edinburgh suffer from that to, only to a lesser extent because it's obviously a smaller fan base. 

Those in charge of clubs will cop flak, yeah like anything else we do have rockets and roasters in our fan base.

Harry Potter

Balloons

roasters

clueless

shit bags

smart arses

Levein cuckolds

arseholes

twats

cry babies

weirdos

pant wetters

small cocked

mentalists

junkies

mumpers

clowns and 

Idiots.

Good post bud, we should all try and stick together, thats a big ask though.

Never was like that back in the 70s/80s, social media has a lot to blame for this.

27 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

It's been a bit like this for years. In the Romanov era I worked at Hearts for 18 months. Lots of good fans but an element of absolute melts who felt entitled, a game was lost you were abused. I remember being in Athens for the champions league qualifier and a Hearts fan approached me in a pub, wanted to moan about tickets .

We all want to win and the club to be successful but like any team many feel there is an entitlement for this that or the next thing. It's not unique to hearts, i follow speedway and Edinburgh suffer from that to, only to a lesser extent because it's obviously a smaller fan base. 

Those in charge of clubs will cop flak, yeah like anything else we do have rockets and roasters in our fan base.

Yeah, I can imagine. You only need to look at the abuse directed at Ann Budge recently, to see that we have some ****ing morons in our support. Bottles thrown at pensioners, Tommy Robinson, songs about cancer victims and racism.

By god, we can’t criticise the supporters though. Absolutely not. The owner who saved us, the manager, the players? Call them whatever you like. ?

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, I can imagine. You only need to look at the abuse directed at Ann Budge recently, to see that we have some ****ing morons in our support. Bottles thrown at pensioners, Tommy Robinson, songs about cancer victims and racism.

By god, we can’t criticise the supporters though. Absolutely not. The owner who saved us, the manager, the players? Call them whatever you like. ?

You don't have a agree with Anne Budge on everything that is said and done, but you need to have a respect for what she did. Not immune from criticism but you are correct in the same breath neither are fans. 

24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I just think we should show a wee bit of respect to other posters with different opinions without it always descending into personal insults.

29 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I just think we should show a wee bit of respect to other posters with different opinions without it always descending into personal insults.

I think that too many people hide behind their usernames .

It is a good idea to try and follow the principle that if you wouldn't say something to a person's face don't say it on social media either.

I agree about the treatment dished out to Hearts employees also. They deserve our respect at all times. 

OmiyaHearts
29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It is a good idea to try and follow the principle that if you wouldn't say something to a person's face don't say it on social media either.

I agree about the treatment dished out to Hearts employees also. They deserve our respect at all times. 

'Hearts employees' doesn't include the players though?

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Exactly. 

Folk like that wouldn't be half as mouthy on a face to face basis. 

JamboAndrew
On 01/07/2019 at 10:10, OmiyaHearts said:

Does that mean we have a chance of getting Lennon in after Christmas? 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

yeah i would go along with that, pretty sure most of the personal insults would stop if everyone stuck to that rule.

3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Part of the reason I don't mind it so much. It's just life. 

Just that negativity is draining. 

My challenge to the moaners is, treat your children like that and see how it works.

Back on topic, well done Arbroath and good luck for the season. 

12 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Does that mean we have a chance of getting Lennon in after Christmas? 

New owners nearly always bring in a new manager even if they wait a bit to do it. 

4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Yeah, that’s fair enough. You would agree that that should also apply to fans towards players, managers and owners?

27 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, that’s fair enough. You would agree that that should also apply to fans towards players, managers and owners?

It should apply to everyone in all walks of life yes.

Heard that Arbroath beat a Celtic Xl at the wknd.

A hat trick of wins in 8 days against premier sides(ok celtics may not count) but the feel good factor they must be buzzing .I reckon they  could do well in the championship.