Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The thing is, this is how some folk actually think. 

The other thing is to that a lot of players are signed based on stats rather than watching them play.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You should check Lafferty and Naismiths scoring record and appearances before joining us. 

Indeed. Whereas the stats for Vanacek in a better league were very good.

jamtartan74
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Congratulations.

Just become a grandfather again and to see the twins grow is such a joy.

Enjoy every minute, including the difficult parts of these early days.  It's all precious.

Congratulations on becoming a grandfather again Colin ? they are indeed precious ❤️ Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

According to sportsound today he's a big target man . Typical Levein player

Here's me thinking he was 5'10"

Inch Hearts
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

And he ran his mouth etc etc according to some and should have kept quiet so was all his own fault he flopped.  Washington shares his ambition and its lauded.   So much backtracking all the time like. 

2 hours ago, jamboruss said:

I like the fact he gets in behind..... Haven't had that for a while. 

:oohmatron:

Conor is probably NI's best striker at the mo. Laff would be 4th or 5th choice now. 

I have watched a load of conors games. He is a Jamie vardy type player. Likes to press defence, get in behind, chase lost balls that is not in his favour but has great strength and can hold it up unlike vardy. He is not a winger at all. Best played central , top man. Target man. He can also get in behind def. 

He has good pace, can beat a player and a great shot right footed but can hit well with his left. 

Headers, crossing is not his thing. 

Having followed hearts since Laverty arrived years ago I can honestly say this is your best striker yet. Should be number 1 easily. Once he was released I was hoping a big English club would take a punt and he could show what he's capable off. 

To sign for hearts he should certainly be on the first team. This is a huge signing for the club. I think he will get 15+ goals this season if played right. Will be good for NI too if he gets game time because he's still got a lot of years ahead. 

Like vardy at low level, conor was scoring for fun. Just didn't happen in the championship but once you see the guy play, he has the makings of a premier league striker. Looking forward to seeing him in action for hearts. 

Personally I feel hearts still need a playmaker. Someone who dictates play. Since watching them I feel they need someone to take control of the game, speed up, slow down.... Like Davis for rangers. 

16 minutes ago, GAWAfan said:

Personally I feel hearts still need a playmaker. Someone who dictates play. Since watching them I feel they need someone to take control of the game, speed up, slow down.... Like Davis for rangers. 

I couldn't agree more, we definitely need a quality midfielder who can dictate the play. I'm a bit worried that Levein seems happy enough with his midfield. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, GAWAfan said:

Conor is probably NI's best striker at the mo. Laff would be 4th or 5th choice now. 

I have watched a load of conors games. He is a Jamie vardy type player. Likes to press defence, get in behind, chase lost balls that is not in his favour but has great strength and can hold it up unlike vardy. He is not a winger at all. Best played central , top man. Target man. He can also get in behind def. 

He has good pace, can beat a player and a great shot right footed but can hit well with his left. 

Having followed hearts since Laverty arrived years ago I can honestly say this is your best striker yet. Should be number 1 easily. Once he was released I was hoping a big English club would take a punt and he could show what he's capable off. 

To sign for hearts he should certainly be on the first team. This is a huge signing for the club. I think he will get 15+ goals this season if played right. Will be good for NI too if he gets game time because he's still got a lot of years ahead. 

Like vardy at low level, conor was scoring for fun. Just didn't happen in the championship but once you see the guy play, he has the makings of a premier league striker. Looking forward to seeing him in action for hearts. 

Crossing not being his thing is good coz we are shite at crossing!!

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, GAWAfan said:

Interesting, thanks for the info. Hopefully we use him the right way to get the most out of him.