Jeremy Vine show

Roxy Hearts

Roxy Hearts

Just saw part of today's Jeremy Vine Show and it's probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen discussing independence. Utterly desperate stuff. 

If you can find it, watch it! 

been here before
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Just saw part of today's Jeremy Vine Show and it's probably the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen discussing independence. Utterly desperate stuff. 

If you can find it, watch it! 

From someone who watches the Jeremy Vine show?

:rofl:

Pots and kettles anyone?

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pots and kettles anyone?

Where does it say he watches the Jeremy Vine show?

I don’t watch it but I have seen the clip which is referred to and it is shameful and embarrassing. 

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pots and kettles anyone?

I only saw the clip. I don't normally watch it. Do you agree with the content? You're probably thinking Jeremy Kyle aren't you as that's your level of thought?

A4-landscape-percapita-s2.jpg

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Montgomery Brewster
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If we’re such a financial burden on England, why are they so desperate for us not to leave the ‘union’? Never quite had that explained to me in any way which makes sense. It’s a fairly simple question. 

I ask that very question routinely. 

Never had it answered !

“Scotland? By itself? My goodness, how is IT going to survive? What natural resources does it have?”

Now, ask the same questions about England and you will learn why they are so desperate for us to remain part of the Union. 

Edited by Cygnet

been here before
17 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Where does it say he watches the Jeremy Vine show?

I don’t watch it but I have seen the clip which is referred to and it is shameful and embarrassing. 

So by only watching bits of the Jeremy Vine show you're not really watching the Jeremy Vine show?

Righto.

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

“Scotland? By itself? My goodness, how is IT going to survive? What natural resources does it have?”

Now, ask the same questions about England and you will learn why they are so desperate for us to remain part of the Union. 

It's the sheer lack of respect for a so-called partner in this stinking union! They invite people on shows just to spew propaganda, lies and ill informed nonsense. They don't care so don't research, just try to demean Scotland and in effect its people. Had enough of it!

21 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If we’re such a financial burden on England, why are they so desperate for us not to leave the ‘union’? Never quite had that explained to me in any way which makes sense. It’s a fairly simple question. 

They are only doing it out of concern for our well being.

That was sarcasm.

Roxy Hearts

So by only watching bits of the Jeremy Vine show you're not really watching the Jeremy Vine show?

Righto.

I only saw the clip. I've never watched the show and don't even know what channel it's on. Try not to watch too much political stuff as I used to for obvious reasons, one being the insulting attitude towards Scottish people from a bunch of ignorant nomarks. Read the tag line. 

Righto.

The video is doing the rounds on social media. Hardly makes me an avid viewer considering I didn’t even know the TV show existed.

But I suspect you’re clever enough to realise that but wouldn’t want to admit you were wrong in some petty attempt to try and prove a point.

been here before
1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

The video is doing the rounds on social media. Hardly makes me an avid viewer considering I didn’t even know the TV show existed.

But I suspect you’re clever enough to realise that but wouldn’t want to admit you were wrong in some petty attempt to try and prove a point.

You're the one thats got yourself involved here.

No-ones claimed anything about you, let alone claimed you were an "avid viewer" of anything. Infact other than me it looks like no-ones paid you any attention at all.

Who gives a fxxk what shows you know exist or what you've been getting up to on "social media"?

Other than losing an argument with yourself, I doubt any cxxt really knows what you're slavering about.

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, been here before said:

No-ones claimed anything about you, let alone claimed you were an "avid viewer" of anything. Infact other than me it looks like no-ones paid you any attention at all.

Who gives a fxxk what shows you know exist or what you've been getting up to on "social media"?

Other than losing an argument with yourself, I doubt any cxxt really knows what you're slavering about.

What's your thoughts on their lies and idiocy in the clip? 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

No idea never watched it.

Why not? Would just like a different perspective. Not trying to goad you. 

22 minutes ago, been here before said:

24 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just because you got Vine and Kyle mixed up, no need to take it out on another poster. Just admit you made a mistake and get over it 

been here before
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Just because you got Vine and Kyle mixed up, no need to take it out on another poster. Just admit you made a mistake and get over it 

Ive not got anyone mixed up. Kyle ITV ditched when some dude topped himself. Vine took over the slot from Mathew Wright on Ch 5.

That cool with you?

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive not got anyone mixed up. Kyle ITV ditched when some dude topped himself. Vine took over the slot from Mathew Wright on Ch 5.

That cool with you?

For someone who has never watched it you seem to know a lot about it??. Anyway, any comment on the clip?? 

Edited by XB52

been here before
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

For someone who has never watched it you seem to know a lot about it??. Anyway, any comment on the clip?? 

Aye I know whats on the telly which means I must watch it... thats some leap...

"Just admit you made a mistake and get over it".

jack D and coke

What has Scotchland got? Oil and a monster, Irn Bru.....

The Scottish girl piping up with shortbread, haggis and tartan jibes....**** me!

:cornette:

I wonder what unionists make of that kind of thing cos it’s what most English people think. 

Actually I don’t wonder I see “Scots” basically saying the same thing. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Roxy Hearts
13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

My God that’s disturbing. 

How any self respecting Scot can watch that and not want to govern ourselves is a lost cause. It's despairing listening to our own people make disparaging remarks about their own country and our people. 

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How any self respecting Scot can watch that and not want to govern ourselves is a lost cause. It's despairing listening to our own people make disparaging remarks about their own country and our people. 

Couldn’t agree more. To be honest though I doubt that the collective IQs of the 5 people involved would reach double figures 

Time for a nation to be brave, confident and rid itself of the shackles which have held us back for so long

Cruyff Turn

They are thick as shit. When we get Indy, we should build a 100ft wall on the border and Leave them to it as the Western Equivalent of North Korea. 

doctor jambo
28 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

They are thick as shit. When we get Indy, we should build a 100ft wall on the border and Leave them to it as the Western Equivalent of North Korea. 

Would solve the Irish border issue in a jiffy .

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Would solve the Irish border issue in a jiffy .

Unification and Scottish Independence would and wouldn't solve a lot. Just flips the coin. But Independence is the best thing for everybody.

Scotland will still be part of the United Kingdoms, so the I really don't get the loyalists rage. (unless it becomes a republic). But,  I'm sure we're not going to act like the British have with the EU during the Brexit years. That would be pathetic, wouldn't it.

Anyway, after 300+(Officially) years of trying to turn us into English. If it hasn't worked by now, well...

Defence is the main reason England needs Scotland, our border is huge. And we die easily enough for them to sleep at night. There's the natural resources too, which bolster the credit rating and their English pound.

We'll see soon enough, how much Scotland is really worth and isn't £180b GDP. Have a look at Norway, were bigger and have more resources than they do, they're about £400b GDP and rising. They don't give away their oil for free, simple.

6 hours ago, been here before said:

That cool with you?

Google is your friend?

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Unification and Scottish Independence would and wouldn't solve a lot. Just flips the coin. But Independence is the best thing for everybody.

Scotland will still be part of the United Kingdoms, so the I really don't get the loyalists rage. (unless it becomes a republic). But,  I'm sure we're not going to act like the British have with the EU during the Brexit years. That would be pathetic, wouldn't it.

Anyway, after 300+(Officially) years of trying to turn us into English. If it hasn't worked by now, well...

Defence is the main reason England needs Scotland, our border is huge. And we die easily enough for them to sleep at night. There's the natural resources too, which bolster the credit rating and their English pound.

We'll see soon enough, how much Scotland is really worth and isn't £180b GDP. Have a look at Norway, were bigger and have more resources than they do, they're about £400b GDP and rising. They don't give away their oil for free, simple.

Watched a thing yesterday about whisky. They reckon about 2% of whisky money comes back to Scotland the rest of it goes abroad, reckoned to be worth up to £35 billion, thats bigger than the block grant ffs!! Now before people think I think that the £35 billion is automatically Scotlands money I don’t but shows you what is being taken out. 

The Whisky industry was against independence too...I wonder why?

Remember Anthony Hopkin’s character ‘Mr Stevens’ in Remains of the Day when asked his opinion on political issues?

Pity Mr Burrell didn’t follow his lead.

No wonder Ask Jeeves buggered off into oblivion, butlers are apparently morons and as such not a useful source of information. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Watched a thing yesterday about whisky. They reckon about 2% of whisky money comes back to Scotland the rest of it goes abroad, reckoned to be worth up to £35 billion, thats bigger than the block grant ffs!! Now before people think I think that the £35 billion is automatically Scotlands money I don’t but shows you what is being taken out. 

The Whisky industry was against independence too...I wonder why?

I think the Japanese and the Americans bought them all.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I think the Japanese and the Americans bought them all.

Yeah a load of them foreign owned and think only 2 HQ’d in Scotland but another scandal tbh. 

The french for instance protect their wine and we’ve been robbed. Again. 

Not to say a Scottish government couldn’t reign it in a bit. It was very telling they were against independence. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah a load of them foreign owned and think only 2 HQ’d in Scotland but another scandal tbh. 

Not to say a Scottish government couldn’t reign it in a bit. It was very telling they were against independence. 

Scottish gin is now bigger than the Whisky. Scotland's baws have officially fallen oaf.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Then there's the land. Our land grows stuff and feeds things very easily. Potato, anyone.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Then there's the land. Our land grows stuff and feeds things very easily. Potato, anyone.

We will then be a nation of tattie howkers.

That's livin' alright.

6 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

We will then be a nation of tattie howkers.

That's livin' alright.

No john, 

Scotland feeds these islands. But again, you turn on your own country. Sigh!!!

SpruceBringsteen

If the independence lads had any sense then instead of getting raging about this, they'd be playing up to it. It's clear that England has a majority of absolute shit for brains, so get them believing Scotland is burning their tenners to light cigars and it'll be like a chimps tea party as they screech to wee Nige and the lads to get shot of us. Perhaps to seal the deal you could tell them we're all black.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

Just to clarify, the Scotch Whisky industry is currently worth around £5bn per year, dwarfing the gin industry, which is approximately £1bn, give or take.

The stat which was doing the rounds was that there was more gin distilleries than whisky in Scotland, however that is likely to change as many of these are using gin to keep the business afloat until their whisky hits three years old.

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't care if you are an independence supporter or not, that's absolutely shameful and ignorant beyond reason. I genuinely would love to hear a unionists take on that video. 

41 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Just to clarify, the Scotch Whisky industry is currently worth around £5bn per year, dwarfing the gin industry, which is approximately £1bn, give or take.

The stat which was doing the rounds was that there was more gin distilleries than whisky in Scotland, however that is likely to change as many of these are using gin to keep the business afloat until their whisky hits three years old.

Phew!

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Well I wouldn’t class my self a unionist. Voted no last time and if a referendum tomorrow would likely vote yes. Though in truth my decision would be based on where we were if one was called; which I don’t think will be all that soon actually. 

However, watching the clips, I just found it funny. Strangely I don’t put too much worth in what Paul Burrell (ex butler), Nicola someone (glamour model/wag/big brother contestant) and a journalist/columnist who I recognise as a 80’s version of Katie Hopkins. 

Their opinion doesn’t really impact the effectiveness  of Scotland’s place in the union. Does it?

Paul Burrell thinking Scotland has oil, whiskey and monster just shows why his skills lay at being told what to do and keep his mouth. It doesn’t impact anything other than me being aware that some ignorant people in England. That’s not a unique thing to England, I come across lots of ignorant Scottish people everyday!!!’

To be honest I would be more concerned if someone watched that and it influenced the way they voted. Who votes on the basis of some no mark think sScotland couldn’t cope? 

I think that that clip will appeal to people who like to stir grievance with England. Independence isn’t really about Scotland v England for me. It’s about the best form of governance for Scotland. That actually doesn’t get influenced by idiots saying stupid things . 

It just doesn’t factor into my thinking in much the same way that Scottish bams claiming we will be land and honey when cut free from evil English don’t.

A lion doesn’t concern himself with the thoughts of sheep. ??‍♂️

Fair enough but there are a lot of sheep! 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Well I wouldn’t class my self a unionist. Voted no last time and if a referendum tomorrow would likely vote yes. Though in truth my decision would be based on where we were if one was called; which I don’t think will be all that soon actually. 

However, watching the clips, I just found it funny. Strangely I don’t put too much worth in what Paul Burrell (ex butler), Nicola someone (glamour model/wag/big brother contestant) and a journalist/columnist who I recognise as a 80’s version of Katie Hopkins. 

Their opinion doesn’t really impact the effectiveness  of Scotland’s place in the union. Does it?

Paul Burrell thinking Scotland has oil, whiskey and monster just shows why his skills lay at being told what to do and keep his mouth. It doesn’t impact anything other than me being aware that some ignorant people in England. That’s not a unique thing to England, I come across lots of ignorant Scottish people everyday!!!’

To be honest I would be more concerned if someone watched that and it influenced the way they voted. Who votes on the basis of some no mark think sScotland couldn’t cope? 

I think that that clip will appeal to people who like to stir grievance with England. Independence isn’t really about Scotland v England for me. It’s about the best form of governance for Scotland. That actually doesn’t get influenced by idiots saying stupid things . 

It just doesn’t factor into my thinking in much the same way that Scottish bams claiming we will be land and honey when cut free from evil English don’t.

A lion doesn’t concern himself with the thoughts of sheep. ??‍♂️

I understand what you are saying but it's still pretty ridiculous for these people to be given a platform on national television and for the sort of absolute shite they spout to be simply be stated like it's a fact. This is isn't Archie down the pub, this is people with an audience and with that comes a level of influence. Does it matter that it's untrue? Does it matter if some folk believe it? In the grand scheme of things, maybe not, but unfortunately, not everyone thinks that hard and not everyone has the same level of awareness as yourself so will this influence people? Of course it will. We live in a society where Love Island and Gogglebox reign supreme. 

It's the level of ignorance and arrogance on show about a country you're in a political union with. Yes these guys aren't politicians but given what we know Boris has said about Scots in the past, it's probably not far away from the mentality of the next PM of this country. 

Anyway, I'm trying not to get annoyed about politics these days so I don't even know why I watched the clip :facepalm:

Edited by AlphonseCapone

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I understand what you are saying but it's still pretty ridiculous for these people to be given a platform on national television and for the sort of absolute shite they spout to be simply be stated like it's a fact. This is isn't Archie down the pub, this is people with an audience and with that comes a level of influence. Does it matter that it's untrue? Does it matter if some folk believe it? In the grand scheme of things, maybe not, but unfortunately, not everyone thinks that hard and not everyone has the same level of awareness as yourself so will this influence people? Of course it will. We live in a society where Love Island and Gogglebox reign supreme. 

It's the level of ignorance and arrogance on show about a country you're in a political union with. Yes these guys aren't politicians but given what we know Boris has said about Scots in the past, it's probably not far away from the mentality of the next PM of this country. 

Anyway, I'm trying not to get annoyed about politics these days so I don't even know why I watched the clip :facepalm:

Surely Jeremy Vine should’ve known a bit better...he came across as big a clueless arsehole as the rest. 

I don’t get annoyed about politics anymore either but I haven’t met an English person who doesn’t think we get money shoved up our hoop. Plenty “Scots” think so too I saw a hearts twitter account going on about us having to use haggis vouchers for money the other week :facepalm:

indianajones
21 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Someone buy me a 50 tonne excavator and I'll start digging the trench sea to sea immediately. 

We are completely different people. Not even close to having the same mindsets and ideologies. 

John Findlay

I have a simple unscientific method of how bias this union is.

Watch any general quiz programme on television. If an English person gets a question with regards Scotland. 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong. Ask a Scottish person a question regarding England and 9 times out of 10 they get it correct. My two eldest English born and bred and English educated. Were unaware that Edinburgh was the capital of Scotland. Cardiff the capital of Wales and Belfast the capital of Northern Ireland. They are taught at school that Britain is England.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Watch any general quiz programme on television. If an English person gets a question with regards Scotland. 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong. 

Agree with this. Even on university challenge (where the contestants are mostly well educated and English), they can answer questions on almost any subject but when a question about anything to do with Scotland comes up, it's blank looks all round.