Lineup next season

NB GIN

38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Djoum is treating us like a doormat. He won’t sign the contract because he recons that playing for Cameroon he’ll get a better contract from some other club. Now if no club comes forward he’ll crawl back to Tynecastle wanting a contract. My attitude would be ok here’s a contract offer Half Your Current Wage. Now get lost. Am I being to harsh on the lad ?

I don't think you are.

We should have pulled the plug long ago.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Absolute Scenes

• NB GIN

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We should be looking to shed around 6 players I believe get 3 more in on the wages. Easier said than done of course, but that is a very busy changing room when you add in 4 or 5 talented youngsters.

I've put Djoum but if he doesn't re-sign then if expect a replacement for that role.

I've also out White but could equally be Hickey or Garuccio. 

Screenshot_20190628-135931~2.png

50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm not I'm taking into account that Berra is the best defender at the club as well as being the club captain. Amazing the number of posters who have a 24 year old, with no Scotland caps, who we've just signed on a free from Livingston ahead of Berra. I think Halkett is a very shrewd deal from our perspective but he's got one season of Premiership football under his belt. Berra has played in the EPL, English Championship and Scottish Premiership. No chance whatsoever that he will be dropped for Halkett.

I guess we just have different opinions which is allowed. I just think Halkett and Souttar had the better seasons and Smith doesn't really suit the wing back role but each to their own

Mr Elwood P
Just now, BigAlim said:

I guess we just have different opinions which is allowed. I just think Halkett and Souttar had the better seasons and Smith doesn't really suit the wing back role but each to their own

Berra had his first major injury, I'm almost certain he will be back to his best after pre season. Agree regarding Smith, he is much better as a right back but if we want to play Halkett it will need to be a back three, I believe. 

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've put Djoum but if he doesn't re-sign then if expect a replacement for that role.

I've also out White but could equally be Hickey or Garuccio. 

Screenshot_20190628-135931~2.png

Looks good. Walker and Clare as great options from then bench.

Bobby

smith.      Berra.       halkett.    White

Haring.     Souttar

walker.                                      Naismith

Washington

Uche.       

51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, Naismith has to be the number 10 in that formation. He's so dangerous when he get to the edge and into the box. Sticking him out wide is a waste imo.

Correct he is a No. 10

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
45 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Bobby

Haring.     Souttar

Washington

Uche.       

I think Souttar will be gone, and we'll either have Ryan Edwards / Harry Cochrane playing ahead of Haring, or maybe a new signing.

That team above also needs to accommodate Mulraney based on last 2-3 months of last season form.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

It’s great having competition for places and Levein must be excited that he can put together a team that challenges for Scotland’s 3 major trophies. If Halkett has to wait to get into the centre back position so be it. It’s the same for Jambo soldier, Soapy and Capt B.

right through the squad we have competition for places which is great.

1 hour ago, eck1874 said:

Bobby

Haring.     Souttar

Washington

Uche.       

Soapy in midfield Noooooooooo.

Hard to say what a line-up would be. If everyone is 100% fit then it's a selection headache for the manager and i'm sure he'll change his line-ups depending on who we are playing or if it's home or away. I am of the belief that a settled team should be used whether it's home or away. No point hammering someone at home then changing the line-up against....Motherwell at Fir Park for example. I won't post a line-up but looking at the squad, we still need a wide man over on the right. I'm yet to be convinced on Morrison at the moment. There's nothing so far that's made me think that he is better than say Billy King was at the time, and that didn't turn out well for him. Maybe a year out on loan to a Dunfermline or Dundee type might be the making of him. I'm thinking that we will also need another striker as well as Washington. Like Morrison, it wouldn't be to bad an idea to put Wighton out on loan and see where he goes from there. Game-time could make all the difference to them returning in future. If Souttar does go then Halkett, Berra and Dikamona are able replacements with Daniel Baur as back-up. I think Dikamona is actually a very good player and gets overlooked too often. Again, game-time. Midfield and Haring should be at his best, Bozanic is a decent passer and Olly Lee can create. It could also be an interesting season for Ryan Edwards. Then there's Cochrane who should be making an impact after a poor season last time out. Djoum….no-one knows what's going on there.

Edited by jambonian

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Playing wingback well these days requires plenty of ability on the ball but also physically you need to be a machine.  Much prefer a back 4.  I think Souttar will be off so it'll be Berra and Halkett.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Berra had his first major injury, I'm almost certain he will be back to his best after pre season. Agree regarding Smith, he is much better as a right back but if we want to play Halkett it will need to be a back three, I believe. 

I have a feeling Craig Halkett will be played alongside Haring as a forward looking mid. Both will get goals !!!

davidirracional

------------------------zlamal-----------------------

smith.-----BerrA--------- SOUTTAR---------White?

Haring.     DJOUM?

Washington

Uche.       

more; halkett, mulraney, brozanic, lee, maclaren, clare, cochrane

but too many people, who out? who loan?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

White playing right wing back and Smith playing left wing back, with three centre defenders ahead of the wingbacks. Like it!

:sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Playing wingback well these days requires plenty of ability on the ball but also physically you need to be a machine.  Much prefer a back 4.  I think Souttar will be off so it'll be Berra and Halkett.

And why should Soapy be sold. We don’t need the money and he’s not long signed a new contract.

Honestly what’s the point of money in the bank when you have no debts and our team is weakened 

don’t Hearts fans deserve better.

SpruceBringsteen

A line up that's about as likely as any, but gives me the tingles:

K00jSrQ.png

You want 7 subs too? Ok: Doyle, Mulraney, Clevid, Burns, Bozanic, Clare, Keena.

You want me to list the players that leaves out? You got it: Garuccio, Hickey, Lee, Edwards, McDonald, Morrison, Irving, Maclean, Wighton

You want me to point out that still leaves jobbers like Brandon, Godinho, Zanatta and Currie kicking their heels with the stiffs? I can do that.

Whatever way you slice it lads, this squad is good enough. :cool:

------------------------zlamal-----------------------

smith.-----Berra--------- SOUTTAR---------White

Haring

walker.      Naismith     Washington.   mulraney

Uche.       

rudi must stay

A few strong  teams IMO:

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

White

Mulraney

Haring

Edwards

Clare

Uche

Naismith

-

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

White

Mulraney

Haring

Edwards

Clare

Walker 

Uche

Washington

The forward line could be a problem for Levein but a good one

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And why should Soapy be sold. We don’t need the money and he’s not long signed a new contract.

Honestly what’s the point of money in the bank when you have no debts and our team is weakened 

don’t Hearts fans deserve better.

Steady.  It's not up to me, I just stated what I think will happen.  I think he's done a Craig Gordon and signed a deal to make sure the club get a decent fee on the proviso if it suits both parties the club won't stand in his way.  Just my opinion.

Believe me I'd much rather he stayed and I really hope he does but I'm not going to fall off my perch in shock if he does go.

Doyle

Smiths    Soutter     Berra     Hickey

Cochrane haring

Walker                                     Naismith

The big man   Washington

Can see Washington and naismith switching alot

6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Steady.  It's not up to me, I just stated what I think will happen.  I think he's done a Craig Gordon and signed a deal to make sure the club get a decent fee on the proviso if it suits both parties the club won't stand in his way.  Just my opinion.

Believe me I'd much rather he stayed and I really hope he does but I'm not going to fall off my perch in shock if he does go.

I guess I just hate to hear fans going on about one of our better players getting sold just when we look like we’re getting 

a decent squad together. The last thing we want is speculation about good players being sold as it can affect the player 

and the team.

Mr Elwood P
31 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

K00jSrQ.png

You want me to list the players that leaves out? You got it: Garuccio, Hickey, Lee, Edwards, McDonald, Morrison, Irving, Maclean, Wighton

You want me to point out that still leaves jobbers like Brandon, Godinho, Zanatta and Currie kicking their heels with the stiffs? I can do that.

Jobbers? Youth academy products or development players would be more appropriate! Also I'd have Hickey on the bench ahead of Burns. Think Hickey looks the most exciting youth prospect at the club, so far.

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jobbers? Youth academy products or development players would be more appropriate! Also I'd have Hickey on the bench ahead of Burns. Think Hickey looks the most exciting youth prospect at the club, so far.

Just don't see any of them making it at Premiership level tbh. Didn't even mention the laddie Moore.

Absolutely agree Hickey will be a far better player than Burns though. Don't think he should be pushed too hard at this age, however.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Just don't see any of them making it at Premiership level tbh. Didn't even mention the laddie Moore.

Absolutely agree Hickey will be a far better player than Burns though. Don't think he should be pushed too hard at this age, however.

Don't think being on the bench to cover White is 'pushing him too hard'. We need to give him 15 games this season, especially in the League Cup group stages and the games against bottom six teams. Him and White could be perfect as both are unlikely to play every game so they can cover for each other.

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

K00jSrQ.png

We don’t need 3 at the back and the likes of Smith for instance can play right back and still get up the right side. White or Hickey can do the same on the left.Who are these 3 centre backs going to mark ? 

Edited by mitch41

SpruceBringsteen
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We don’t need 3 at the back and the like of Smith for instance can play right back and still get up the right side. White or Hickey can do the same on the left.Who are these 3 centre backs going to mark ? 

Perhaps they could each pick one of the 60 billion exclusively torn faced posts you've made in the last ten years and mark it, Mitch. Ok there'd still be 59,999,999,997 to be picked up, but it's a start eh. :cool:

Washington       Uche          Naismith

Mulraney        Haring         Walker

White           Halkett           Souttar        Smith

Bobby

22 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Perhaps they could each pick one of the 60 billion exclusively torn faced posts you've made in the last ten years and mark it, Mitch. Ok there'd still be 59,999,999,997 to be picked up, but it's a start eh. :cool:

It’s good honest debate you exaggerator. It’s only 4500 torn faced posts i’ve made. And yet usually i’m a very positive person.

Zlamal

Souttar

Halkett          Berra

Haring 

Cochrane                                

Milinkovic         Walker       Mulraney

Uche               Naismith

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

K00jSrQ.png

Also thought that young Daniel Baur looked comfortable on the ball when we were playing at Murrayfield, (possibly against Aberdeen?) Think it's now time to let Zanatta go as he's been here a long while and doesn't get in squads too often. Free up a wage for someone else maybe? Think Godinho will go. Brandon looked an able deputy for Smith when he played before his injury, I think he can cut it here with a strong pre-season behind him. I'd possibly put Wighton out on loan along with Morrison. McDonald did quite well season before last but hardly got a sniff last time round. Might be his time?

27 minutes ago, Simmo said:

I have a feeling Craig Halkett will be played alongside Haring as a forward looking mid. Both will get goals !!!

I think that will happen too unless we decide to go with 3 at the back

What's the story with Olly Lee? 

I didn't see him in any of the Gullane photo's. On the way out the door or am i reading too much into it?

3 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

I didn't see him in any of the Gullane photo's. On the way out the door or am i reading too much into it?

Especially with the numbers situation too, Clare taking his #8 shirt. Djoum, Lee and Godinho to have new numbers or all leaving? 

2 minutes ago, Teej1874 said:

Especially with the numbers situation too, Clare taking his #8 shirt. Djoum, Lee and Godinho to have new numbers or all leaving? 

Pretty sure Godinho is leaving so it could be the case!

Brick Tamland

.....................Zlamal

.....Souttar.....Berra....Halckett

Smith..........Haring...............Hickey

..........Clare.......Naismith.........

......Uche..................Washington

.....................Zlamal

.....Souttar.....Berra....Halckett

....................Haring.........

Smith.......Cochrane/Edwards.....Hickey

.................Naismith..................

......Uche..................Washington 

.......Zlamal.......

Souttar.....Berra.....Halckett

............Haring.........

Smith.......Edwards/Clare/Cochrane.....Mulraney 

......Naismith

.........................Washington

........Uche

Squad shaping up nicely, so many options available. 

Cant wait for the season to start. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Aich E Eh said:

Injured.

Happy with all 4 signings so far but still reckon our biggest problem last season was pace out wide and we still haven’t signed a winger

Guest ToqueJambo

Uche

Mulraney Naismith Walker

Haring Cochrane

Hickey Souttar Berra Smith

Zlamal

Subs: Doyle, Washington, Brandon, Halkett, Clare, Lee, Edwards

Backup: Wighton, Bozanic, MacDonald, Irving, White, Keena, Dikamona, Garrucio, Morrison, McLean, Zanatta, Hamilton, Smith, Burns

Away?: Godhino

Big squad. If it wasn't for our record with injuries recently, I'd be saying the squad could definitely do with being trimmed, partly to give some youngsters more hope of a game. I assume a few will be away on loans and maybe Bozanic, Garricio and McLean the most likely senior players to leave.

tambothejambo

Zlamal

Souttar Halkett Berra
Smith                                 Hickey

Haring  
        Walker                Naismith

Ikpueza Washington 

Subs
Doyle
Dikamona
White
Cochrane 
McDonald
Lee
Edwards
Clare

Mclean

mulreaney

Tell djoum to **** off he’s no worth the will he won’t he hassle

We must be looking at a change in shape from 3511/352 if that’s the recruitment done minus Naismith. I am assuming it’s gonna be 4231 that will go 451 when not in possession. 

Bobby 

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey 

Haring Lee 

Walker Naismith Mulraney 

Washington 

I’d also like to see the squad trimmed further. 

Walter Bishop

Gutted to say it but i think Soutter will be away.

Ill go 4-2-3-1

Zamal

Smith Berra Halkett White

Haring McGeough ?

Walker Naismith Washington

Ikpeazu

Subs from - Hickey, Mulraney, Cochrane, Lee, Clare, Edwards, Dikamona, Doyle, McDonald, 

Others to move on - Brandon, Bozanic, Garuccio, Mclean, Godhino, Wighton, Zanatta, Keena

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

( Diamond ) 4-4-2.

Natural Wingers. Real attacking threat on the pitch in every position. Could do with a replacement for Zlamal another strong left sided player. And possibly another striker and we will be set for next season. 

2CB9811D-A41C-473A-8E31-6C1F3AB8CBD2.png

17 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Soapy in midfield Noooooooooo.

I was just trying to fit in all of our best players. For what it’s worth I actually think we will sell souttar and invest the cash in a new midfielder. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

C0FFC6A4-CF1A-48AF-B675-99D9FED0071E.thumb.jpeg.2b6001366b52dbe89542b170bfde75ce.jpeg

:yas:

?

That’s our “oh feck, we’re two down at home to Hamilton with 20 minutes left” formation. 

“Denzel” :lol: