Lineup next season

NB GIN

25 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I see it different to you.  My starting line up only has 11 players ?.

I already fixed in an above post ya erse ;)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Absolute Scenes

• NB GIN

My team for games against the so called wee teams:

Zlamal 

Smith  Souttar  Halkett  Hickey

Haring

Clare   Naismith  Walker  Mulraney 

Uche

Against the top six I would play Djoum or Cochrane alongside Haring with either Walker or Clare dropping out.

I still hope we have another striker coming in to give Uche some competition.

We will be plagued with injuries, of that I am sure. Our medical team, the way we play and fitness will see to that. I imagine a steady XI being as rare as back to back wins. But, imo ou best XI will be

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

Halckett

Hickey

Clare

Haring

Mulraney

Naismith

Uche

Subs:

Toil (We know no new keeper is coming in)

Dikamona

Edwards

Walker

Cochrane

New

New

Not one other player outwith youth is good enough to even warm the bench. I hope Djoum will never play again for starters.

If Levein plays Wighton then he actuallt wants us to lose.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would probably play our best centre back and our best left back.

If Souttar stays I would love to see him and Halkett as the central defensive partnership. I love Berra but he is no longer the player he was. Souttar gets picked ahead of him for Scotland squads and Halkett was picked ahead of him for the SPFL team of the year.

I picked Hickey in an earlier selection and would be delighted if he does well next season. But once he gets back to fitness I would like to see Garuccio given a decent run. Will be interesting to see if White can get fit enough to play. If so we could potentially have three decent options.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

If Souttar stays I would love to see him and Halkett as the central defensive partnership. I love Berra but he is no longer the player he was. Souttar gets picked ahead of him for Scotland squads and Halkett was picked ahead of him for the SPFL team of the year.

I picked Hickey in an earlier selection and would be delighted if he does well next season. But once he gets back to fitness I would like to see Garuccio given a decent run. Will be interesting to see if White can get fit enough to play. If so we could potentially have three decent options.

I’d maybe let Halkett play a game or two for Hearts before we think about dropping the club captain! Berra will be back to his absolute best next season. The injury undoubtedly affected him but he still put in a number of outstanding performances, most notably both games at Easter Road. Interested  to see if we play a flat back 4 or o with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. I think Garrucio is potentially the worst of the left backs we have, all dependant on White’s fitness.

Find a shape that works and stick with it. Personnel can rotate in and out that shape as and when injuries/fitness/suspensions kick in.

I'd go 433 and based on rumours and have a front 3 of Naismith Uche Walker. If you play the shape correctly in attack Smith and White would overlap giving width allowing Naismith and Walker to cut in/occupy the box/shoot/stick to their strengths.

Haring naturally sits as a CDM creating a back 3. Therefore the other 2 CM spots go to Clare and Cochrane? 

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

Hickey (no reason to drop him)

Clare

Haring

Walker

Mulraney

Uche

Naismith

I think this is how we will start the season. Levein will give Hickey plenty of game time. He's more than ready 

I don't think I would be too far away from this. Maybe Harry or Smith in front of Walker or a new winger in front of Clare as alternatives.

WeeRobbo_chat

.....................Zlamal

.....Souttar.....Berra....Halckett

Smith..........Haring...............White

..........Clare.......Edwards............

.................Naismith..................

......Uche..................Walker.....

Edited by WeeRobbo_chat

We_are_the_Hearts
26 minutes ago, WeeRobbo_chat said:

I take it we need 12 players to make up for Clare's "effort"??

2 hours ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Not sure why folk are suddenly having Edwards as a starter? 

At the end of last season Edwards was the man in possession of the attacking midfield position (and played reasonably well in the last 3/4 games) so he's entitled to be considered. Also, at this point in time we've not actually, signed any new midfielders.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Musemic said:

At the end of last season Edwards was the man in possession of the attacking midfield position (and played reasonably well in the last 3/4 games) so he's entitled to be considered. Also, at this point in time we've not actually, signed any new midfielders.

Exactly

He deserves to be given a shot and folk cannot confirm he's "below standard" after 3 games

He needs time to show what he can do. His energy and fitness is key

22 hours ago, RS86 said:

Zlamal

Smith    Souttar       Berra       Hickey

Haring

New RM                              Mulraney

Naismith      Walker

Ikpeazu

A few players interchangeable, likes of Clare, Morrison, Halkett, White (if it works out for him), Bozanic give us some options. This is on the assumption Djoum is away as well

Zlamal

Doyle

Smith.                         Souttar.                              Berra.                         Hickey

Brandon.                     Dikamona.                        Halkett.                      White

Godinho.                    Petkov.                               Baur.                           Garuccio

New.                            Cochrane.                          Haring.                      Mulroney.

Clare.                           C.Smith.                            Djoum.                       New.

Morrison.                    Irving.                                Lee.                            Burns.

No. 10

Naismith / Walker / Currie

Ikpeazu / New / Keena

You’ll notice I have no places fo Bozanic, McDonald, Edwards, Moore, Wighton or MacLean

I would also like another goalkeeper like Craig Gordon.

Edited by mitch41

On 26/06/2019 at 11:02, WeeRobbo_chat said:

3 centre backs and 2 full backs look at bit too defensive for my liking remember it’s the SPL we play in not the English Premier League.

Byyy The Light

I'd just like us to pick a formation and stick to it where possible.

Based on players we have signed and rumours of who is signing then I'd go 4-2-3-1.  Naismith, Walker, Mulraney, Clare, McDonald, Washington could all play as any of the 3 and obviously Naismith and Washington could also play up top.

I'd have Cochrane and Haring as my 2 deeper midfielders if Djoum doesn't sign.

On 26/06/2019 at 11:28, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I take it we need 12 players to make up for Clare's "effort"??

And when a team plays one up front who do our 3 centre backs mark.

In Scotland it has to be 442, 4411or 443.

Edited by mitch41

On 25/06/2019 at 23:49, Mr Elwood P said:

Would probably play our best centre back and our best left back.

Attacking team that’s what we want.

On 25/06/2019 at 23:48, gnasher75 said:

20190625_234633.jpg

This team is all about scoring goals and that’s what we want.

Cruyff Turn

Bobby

Smithy   Soapy       Berra.   Hickey

Big Pete

S.Clare.                                   Naisy

Walker

Uche           Denzel 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Attacking team that’s what we want.

If we play our best defenders, we

will concede less goals and subsequently win more games! Best recent example is Liverpool. Changed goal keeper and added a very very good centre back. Won the Champions League and had one of the highest every EPL points totals! Obviously we can’t replicate that but the defence is just an important as the attack. Ask Steve Clark ...

15 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we play our best defenders, we

will concede less goals and subsequently win more games! Best recent example is Liverpool. Changed goal keeper and added a very very good centre back. Won the Champions League and had one of the highest every EPL points totals! Obviously we can’t replicate that but the defence is just an important as the attack. Ask Steve Clark ...

Liverpool is an attacking team.

Celtic & Rangers are and all I'm saying is our defence is looking strong so let's  do more attacking.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Liverpool is an attacking team.

Celtic & Rangers are and all I'm saying is our defence is looking strong so let's  do more attacking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Premier_League

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Premier_League

Liverpool scored 5 more goals last season! You see now?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

And they lost less goals. Are you suggesting Hearts defence isn’t good enough for our team not to attack other teams?  Do you worry about our defensive line- up? Is it Bobby, Berra or not having a settled left back?  Are you sleeping well at night? Are you looking forward to the new season ? So many questions for you and yet I think maybe I shouldn’t pressurise you as you obviously have a lot on you mind. Take care my wee pal.

17 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bobby

Smithy   Soapy       Berra.   Hickey

Big Pete

S.Clare.                                   Naisy

Walker

Uche           Denzel 

I look at this lineup and feel Naisy is too wide and Clare is going to improve another 20%. to stay in the team. 

I love giving Conor the name Denzel it reminds me of Brian Whittaker getting called Roger.

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And they lost less goals. Are you suggesting Hearts defence isn’t good enough for our team not to attack other teams?  Do you worry about our defensive line- up? Is it Bobby, Berra or not having a settled left back?  Are you sleeping well at night? Are you looking forward to the new season ? So many questions for you and yet I think maybe I shouldn’t pressurise you as you obviously have a lot on you mind. Take care my wee pal.

That is the critical point! We conceded a lot of goals last season both ends of the park needed improvement. So far it looks great, on paper!

____________Zlamal

Smith__Souttar__Halkett__White/Hickey

___Haring__Naismith__Djoum/new guy

Washington__Ikpeazu__Mulraney 

With a second string of

__________________Doyle

Brandon__Dikamona__Berra__White/Hickey

___________Lee__Bozanic__Cochrane 

_________Clare__MacLean__Walker

And still leaves Edwards, Garuccio, Cochrane, Irving, Burns, Godhino, Morrison, Wighton, McDonald, C.Smith, Keena, Currie, Zanatta, Moore, Henderson etc. 

I am concerned that people have Djoum in their teams.  Does this mean this jokester will be with us for another season of 30% win rates?

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

____________Zlamal

With a second string of

__________________Doyle

And still leaves Edwards, Garuccio, Cochrane, Irving, Burns, Godhino, Morrison, Wighton, McDonald, C.Smith, Keena, Currie, Zanatta, Moore, Henderson etc. 

Young Smith has to be in the second team at least. What a talent this lad is.

Edited by mitch41

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

____________Zlamal

With a second string of

__________________Doyle

Berra second string? Absolutely no chance the captain won't be playing every game when he's fit. More likely a 3-5-2 I think.

Jambosteve1902

This is my view of how things will look.

ZLAMAL

HALKETT

BERRA

SOUTTAR    BACK 3.

SMITH RWB  

MULRANEY LWB

CM 2 Djoum and Haring

Naismith in CAM.

UCHE - WASHINGTON up top.

beauty of this is if walker signs we have chance play naismith as a forward, if djoum goes we can ove to a back 4. playing Mulraney as a natural wide man, also leaves such a good amount of cover  Hickey Cochrane Edwards Clare all not even mentioned.

Jambosteve1902

ZLAMAL

HALKETT

BERRA

SOUTTAR    BACK 3.

SMITH RWB  

MULRANEY LWB

CM 2 Djoum and Haring

Naismith in CAM.

beauty of this is if walker signs we have chance play naismith as a forward, if djoum goes we can ove to a back 4. playing Mulraney as a natural wide man, also leaves such a good amount of cover  Hickey Cochrane Edwards Clare all not even mentioned.

Jambosteve1902

ZLAMAL

HALKETT

BERRA

SOUTTAR    BACK 3.

SMITH RWB  

MULRANEY LWB

CM 2 Djoum and Haring

Naismith in CAM.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Berra second string? Absolutely no chance the captain won't be playing every game when he's fit. More likely a 3-5-2 I think.

I know where you're coming from, I just don't think Smith is suited to right wing back and if you're only to pick two centre halves you can't take sentiment into account 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I know where you're coming from, I just don't think Smith is suited to right wing back and if you're only to pick two centre halves you can't take sentiment into account 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am concerned that people have Djoum in their teams.  Does this mean this jokester will be with us for another season of 30% win rates?

Djoum is treating us like a doormat. He won’t sign the contract because he recons that playing for Cameroon he’ll get a better contract from some other club. Now if no club comes forward he’ll crawl back to Tynecastle wanting a contract. My attitude would be ok here’s a contract offer Half Your Current Wage. Now get lost. Am I being to harsh on the lad ?

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

There you go again with 3 at the back with 2 fullbacks and a defensive midfielder. Are we intending playing a Man City every week.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, BigAlim said:

I'm not I'm taking into account that Berra is the best defender at the club as well as being the club captain. Amazing the number of posters who have a 24 year old, with no Scotland caps, who we've just signed on a free from Livingston ahead of Berra. I think Halkett is a very shrewd deal from our perspective but he's got one season of Premiership football under his belt. Berra has played in the EPL, English Championship and Scottish Premiership. No chance whatsoever that he will be dropped for Halkett.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

There you go again with 3 at the back with 2 fullbacks and a defensive midfielder. Are we intending playing a Man City every week.

A 3-5-2 formation can actually be more attacking than a 4-4-2, if implemented correctly. It doesn't suit the players we have as much as playing a 4-2-3-1 but everyone seems to think Halkett will be a definite starter.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bob

Halkett Souttar Berra

Smith Haring Mulraney

Naismith Clare

Uche Washington

Doyle, Walker, Dikamona, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, MacLean, Keena, Hickey, Lee, Edwards, Wighton, Zanatta, Morrison

Missed anyone?

Edit: White and Garuccio, quite a squad of players, bit top heavy on the bench there

Edited by Sir Gio

All these formations are one thing probably the most important thing is getting the team to play attractive passing attacking football. It’s time we the fans get entertained as it’s been too long since we followed a team we all believed in. We have a massive squad of very talented players now is the time for our management to show us all that they have the ability / know all to put together a team 

that is worthy of wearing the shirt.

Mr Elwood P

Bobby

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Naismith Haring Clare* White**

Washington Uche 

* Could be a number of players in that position.

** Could be Hickey or Mulraney

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra White*

Haring Cochrane**

Walker Naismith Washington 

Uche

* Could be Hickey or Garuccio when he's back

** Could be any number of players, definitely Djoum / Haring if he stays.

Probably only a few positions up for grabs when we have a fully fit squad.

Bobby

White                                                Smith

Souttar    Berra    Halkett

Walker,               Haring,                 Naismith

Washington

Uche,

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Bobby

White                                                Smith

Souttar    Berra    Halkett

Walker,               Haring,                 Naismith

Washington

Uche,

White playing right wing back and Smith playing left wing back, with three centre defenders ahead of the wingbacks. Like it!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I look at this lineup and feel Naisy is too wide and Clare is going to improve another 20%. to stay in the team. 

I love giving Conor the name Denzel it reminds me of Brian Whittaker getting called Roger.

Yeh, Naismith has to be the number 10 in that formation. He's so dangerous when he get to the edge and into the box. Sticking him out wide is a waste imo.