Lineup next season

NB GIN

Evening news suggested this first 11 all e it will change plus another few will come in 

Zlamak

Souter.    Berra.   Halkett

smith                                                  Mulraney 

Haring.     Djoum

Walker.  Naismith 

Uche 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Absolute Scenes

• NB GIN

Probably like last season it will never be the same line up or same formation or tactics from one game to the next.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably like last season it will never be the same line up or same formation or tactics from one game to the next.

Totally agree but hopefully we get a more settled side it’s not working chopping  and changing formations and players every week 

CL needs to stop tinkering 

play the best 11 available in the proper positions and consistency will come 

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Evening news suggested this first 11 all e it will change plus another few will come in 

Zlamak

Haring.     Djoum

Walker.  Naismith 

Uche 

Not a bad line up to be fair but don't think  Djoum will be with us.  

OmiyaHearts

There's on thing that's easy to predict; The unpredictability of a Craig Levein starting 11.

I think much like this season it’ll change on a regular basis. 

I think White will play either in a back 4 or in place of Mulraney & if it’s a back 4 I’d expect Clare to come into midfield/wing

Edited by HMFC86

oh ah grantona
10 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Zlamak

Haring.     Djoum

Walker.  Naismith 

Uche 

Horrific line up that kills Mulraney as an attacking threat unless Aidy white is an out an out wing back this formation can't work. 

New GK 

Smith Halkett Souttar white 

Haring ( new player)

Walker.           Naisy.              Mulraney

Uche 

Plenty of youth to take the new player bit also cocharne & smith could share the berth over a season also Lee&  bozanic can play 

Zanatta McDonald Irving can all slot in behind UCHE also McLean Clare shighton Keena 

I think this season we need to actually see how good the youth actually are over a course of a season 

We don't need much but we do need quality that's a GK midfielder goalscorer 

We ain't by reports looking at anyone that exciting 

I think he might go 433 like we did in the cup final and the last league game. It would allow him to get the structure he craves with if played correctly enough support in the attacking third. 

Being honest hate three at the back. We never look to play the system well. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Horrific line up that kills Mulraney as an attacking threat unless Aidy white is an out an out wing back this formation can't work. 

New GK 

Smith Halkett Souttar white 

Haring ( new player)

Walker.           Naisy.              Mulraney

Uche 

Plenty of youth to take the new player bit also cocharne & smith could share the berth over a season also Lee&  bozanic can play 

Zanatta McDonald Irving can all slot in behind UCHE also McLean Clare shighton Keena 

I think this season we need to actually see how good the youth actually are over a course of a season 

We don't need much but we do need quality that's a GK midfielder goalscorer 

We ain't by reports looking at anyone that exciting 

Midfield goalscorer?

Walker

Naismith 

Clare

I wonder if Hickey will force himself into the side on a consistent basis.  Looked like he had real talent to me.  Nothing flakey about his Cup Final performance.

Would love to see a wee poacher who consistently scores but where do you find him?  Don't think FF has ever suggested we have one coming through.

Utterly pointless conversation. The personnel and shape will always be adapted to the opposition. No manager is going to play the same team at Celtic park as they do against Ross County at home. Even playing Aberdeen at home is different to playing them away. A best xi doesn't exist for the season, it only exists for one game

2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Utterly pointless conversation. The personnel and shape will always be adapted to the opposition. No manager is going to play the same team at Celtic park as they do against Ross County at home. Even playing Aberdeen at home is different to playing them away. A best xi doesn't exist for the season, it only exists for one game

True but I think people are just trying to guess a potential strongest 11 or what they’d like it to be.  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

True but I think people are just trying to guess a potential strongest 11 or what they’d like it to be.  

Thats a potentially interesting discussion if they'd stated an opposition to play against. Until then, its just pointless. 

4 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Rubbish loads of managers play the same way game after game 

12 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

I think he might go 433 like we did in the cup final and the last league game. It would allow him to get the structure he craves with if played correctly enough support in the attacking third. 

Being honest hate three at the back. We never look to play the system well. 

433/4231 looks to be the best set up for the players we have.

Cruyff Turn

How can we possibly predict the lineup when we have only signed 1 Centerhalf? 

I think there’ll be at least 4 incoming. 

3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Rubbish loads of managers play the same way game after game 

Seriously? Name one club in Scotland (Celtic aside) who would play the same formation, style and line up against Rangers away, and St Mirren at home. It doesn't happen. 

Zlamal

Smith    Souttar       Berra       Hickey

Haring

New RM                              Mulraney

Naismith      Walker

Ikpeazu

A few players interchangeable, likes of Clare, Morrison, Halkett, White (if it works out for him), Bozanic give us some options. This is on the assumption Djoum is away as well

The balance and shape of the side was all wrong last season. If we are planning on playing 3511/352 again this season then we need 3 or 4 wide players in and 2 of them need to be excellent as mulraney and smith aren’t the answers for wing backs. Smith and mulraney are good players, not dynamic enough to be wing backs tho. If we are planning on playing Uche every week we also can’t play 3511/352 as he is wasted in that formation. I’d be shocked to see us persist with 3511/352 this season without numbers coming in this window. 

3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Zlamal

Haring

Naismith      Walker

Ikpeazu

A few players interchangeable, likes of Clare, Morrison, Halkett, White (if it works out for him), Bozanic give us some options. This is on the assumption Djoum is away as well

That’s what I’d like to see. Suits the players we have and is much more balanced. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

That’s what I’d like to see. Suits the players we have and is much more balanced. 

If we were going with Cochrane or Irving from the start or a back 3 I'd reckon one of the attacking midfielders would drop into a deeper role and likewise one would maybe have to push forward to support Keena or MacLean if Uche was out but IMO have Naismith and Walker feeding off Uche's hold up play or making space for him could/will be very effective

Auld Reekin'
9 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Zlamal

Haring

Naismith      Walker

Ikpeazu

Does anyone have any news on how things are going with his fitness and proposed comeback? Another gamble, but hope it pays off, of course.

Apologies if recently discussed on another thread...

(p.s. I notice the much same question has just been asked on the 'Aidy White' thread!)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Does anyone have any news on how things are going with his fitness and proposed comeback? Another gamble, but hope it pays off, of course.

Last I saw on another thread he has been training and sprinting on his own last few weeks and is ready to join the rest of the squad for preseason so sounds promising thus far, let's hope he remembers how to kick a ball too :lol:

Edited by RS86

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, RS86 said:

Last I saw on another thread he has been training and sprinting on his own last few weeks and is ready to join the rest of the squad for preseason so sounds promising thus far, let's hope he remembers how to kick a ball too :lol:

That'd be a bonus!  :thumbsup:

I still think someone will come in for Souttar and Berra and Halkett will be our defence, with Dikamona back up. Hope I’m wrong of course. I’d also be very surprised if Djoum is still here.

Aidy White will be like a new signing and I reckon first choice left back.

The only players guaranteed a start are Smith, Haring and Uche. Which is probably more to do with there being a lack of options in those positions.

Hopefully Naismith and Walker sign soon. Along with them we have Mulraney, Lee, Clare etc who will all compete for places.

I think we’ll be alright.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Was in the instagram training videos today

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How can we possibly predict the lineup when we have only signed 1 Centerhalf? 

I think there’ll be at least 4 incoming. 

We know that Walker and Naismith are 2 of the 3 or 4 that will be signed. Based on that it's fairly easy to put a potential team together. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

AlphonseCapone
34 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Killjoy... You're quite right though :laugh:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Hopefully not. 

Hopefully Berra, Uche, Naismith, Morrison, Keena and our two left backs aren't out for significant parts of the season. 

Hope others such as Souttar, Dunne, Djoum aren't out as well as well as several players taken time to get fully match fit and confident, like Clare, Wighton and some of the above. 

If we can stay relatively injury free and not lose several players at once in a position we should see a more settled side, although changes will be made from game to game, that is normal. 

Also, if we do lose players to injury we should replace them, playing them in a cast or with crutches isn't recommended. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

rudi must stay

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

Hickey (no reason to drop him)

Clare

Haring

Walker

Mulraney

Uche

Naismith

I think this is how we will start the season. Levein will give Hickey plenty of game time. He's more than ready 

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Was in the instagram training videos today

Two crutches and both legs in plaster?

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We know that Walker and Naismith are 2 of the 3 or 4 that will be signed. Based on that it's fairly easy to put a potential team together. 

We suspect they will.

No no guarantees that Uche or Walker would be starters. We might sign a better striker and we might sign a winger. We’ll probably sign another midfielder too depending on Djoum and others. 

Given that, I wouldn’t say it’s easy to predict what a starting XI may look like. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We suspect they will.

No no guarantees that Uche or Walker would be starters. We might sign a better striker and we might sign a winger. We’ll probably sign another midfielder too depending on Djoum and others. 

Given that, I wouldn’t say it’s easy to predict what a starting XI may look like. 

Uche & Walker will be starting for Hearts, if fit. Levein said three attacking players, we will get another striker to replace Vanacek. 

TyphoonJambo

nobody mentions Edwards, I thought he was coming onto a game towards the end of the season. I think he'll get more game time this year

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Zlamal

Smith

Berra

Souttar

Hickey (no reason to drop him)

Clare

Haring

Walker

Mulraney

Uche

Naismith

I think this is how we will start the season. Levein will give Hickey plenty of game time. He's more than ready 

Hickey is 17 years old and unlikely to be starting

Just like Cochrane, he is some talent but Levein is wise with young players and I don't think he'll be a regular

Despite his talent he's still very young and vulnerable to be thrown in after 3 starts - imagine the season isn't going well and he's getting hounded by fans? Doesn't do a lot for experienced pro's let a lone a 17 year old kid. Aidy White will be the first choice

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hickey is 17 years old and unlikely to be starting

Just like Cochrane, he is some talent but Levein is wise with young players and I don't think he'll be a regular

Despite his talent he's still very young and vulnerable to be thrown in after 3 starts - imagine the season isn't going well and he's getting hounded by fans? Doesn't do a lot for experienced pro's let a lone a 17 year old kid. Aidy White will be the first choice

Kieran Tierney was 17 when he broke into the Celtic team. I’d like to see Hickey & Cochrane get 15-20 appearances each this season.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Kieran Tierney was 17 when he broke into the Celtic team. I’d like to see Hickey & Cochrane get 15-20 appearances each this season.

I would too! I just don't think they will, but I am really excited by the prospect of our young players. I hope to see more of McDonald as well

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would too! I just don't think they will, but I am really excited by the prospect of our young players. I hope to see more of McDonald as well

Not sure Anthony McDonald is ready? Doesn’t appear to have made much of an impact at ICT.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyone know about Naismith's fitness?

He was there today, not sure what he did though

I see it different to the EEN. 

_______________Zlamal

_____Souttar____Berra____Halkett

Smith______________________Mulraney

________Haring____New/Cochrane

____Clare_____Naismith_____Walker

________________Uche

Unless Aidy is fit and able in which case he will play LWB. If not, Once Garrucio returns he will slot into LWB and Mulraney and Walker will compete for left AM and Walker will also cover Naismith position in the centre should he get injured.

Edited by Bauld

On thing is a given , I'll be amazed if we play the same team two weeks on a row and I fully expect to see players played out of position constantly throughout the season . 

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Zlamal

Haring

Naismith      Walker

Ikpeazu

Looks very good 

39 minutes ago, Bauld said:

_______________Zlamal

________________Uche

Unless Aidy is fit and able in which case he will play LWB. If not, Once Garrucio returns he will slot into LWB and Mulraney and Walker will compete for left AM and Walker will also cover Naismith position in the centre should he get injured.

Does EEN only have 11 players in the team?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Does EEN only have 11 players in the team?

My bad I meant to take Clare out but forgot. Hence the edit that was unsuccessful. 

45 minutes ago, Bauld said:

_______________Zlamal

Smith____________________Mulraney

_______Haring____New/Cochrane

______Naismith_____Walker

______________Uche

Unless Aidy is fit and able in which case he will play LWB. If not, Once Garrucio returns he will slot into LWB and Mulraney and Walker will compete for left AM and Walker will also cover Naismith position should he get injured.

Quoted to edit out Clare error.

Djoum about to start for Cameroon.  If he excels again at this tourney he's bound to get a good offer from somewhere.

gashauskis9
54 minutes ago, Bauld said:

_______________Zlamal

________________Uche

I see it different to you.  My starting line up only has 11 players ?.