Neil Lennon and Oli Burke

Hampden Demolition

Hampden Demolition

Seems Lennons ‘Mr Nice Guy’ image in the media is being questioned yet again...

CELTIC have responded to claims from West Browmich Albion's technical director Luke Dowling that Oli Burke was mistreated by Neil Lennon last season.

Dowling felt that Burke was given a short shrift by Lennon and said that the English Championship club had no intention if sending the forward back to Parkhead.

Dowling said: "He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic with the current manager.

"We sent Olly to Celtic in good faith with Brendan Rodgers and Lee Congerton, there were some really good people up there that wanted to take Olly and wanted to play him.

“Once Brendan left to go to Leicester the treatment he got from the manager that’s in place now is something we don’t expect for one of our players.

HeraldScotland:

READ MORE: Scottish transfer news LIVE: Gerrard offers update on Ryan Kent | West Brom hit out at Celtic | Tierney latest

“He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic FC. We currently have a new manager that’s excited to start working and looking at Olly.”

Celtic have denied any wrongdoing, and released a statement on the club's website.

The statement read: "These comments, which question the professionalism of both Neil and Celtic Football Club, are ridiculous and completely inaccurate. West Brom have made no contact whatsoever with either Neil or the club in relation to Oliver.

"As with every player who comes to Celtic, Oliver received the very best of treatment and every support and opportunity. We wish Oliver the very best for the future."

Celtic statement is typical of their victim mentality. 

Lennon is a scumbag he will be found out this season and hounded out. 

BangkokHearts

Everyone outside of Celtic knows exactly what Lennon is like.

He's a degenerate scumbag simpleton.

New manager just chose to not to play him. 

Maybe just trying to boost Burke. But Lennon's time at Hibs is the proof he is a bellend. 

Rocky jamboa
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Celtic statement is typical of their victim mentality. 

Lennon is a scumbag he will be found out this season and hounded out. 

I was going to post the same thing re their victim mentality response!! 

Lennon is definitely a step back for them manager wise. Celtic know that as well, hence why the 12 month contract. A poor start and/or failure to qualify for champs league group changes will result in him getting emptied. He wont last the season. 

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New manager just chose to not to play him. 

Maybe just trying to boost Burke. But Lennon's time at Hibs is the proof he is a bellend. 

But he did play him. He started 8 out of Lennons 14 games in charge which suggests this isn’t down to the amount of game time he had and more likely something which Lennon has said to him.

Were any innocent chairs harmed or thrown unwittingly into this discourse?

If not, Oli's a lucky boy. That Lennon is a right burke. 

I would always say in these sort of things that saying nothing is better. 

Burke is hardly highly thought of. But Celtic do seem to be in full 'reputation protection' mode. 

Edited by Mikey1874

That Celtic statement. :wtfvlad:

Why would West Brom contact Celtic regarding this? Burke is their player, and not getting him back is Celtic's loss. Idiots.

Cruyff Turn

I see Rogic has been given the cold shoulder as well by Lennon. 

He’s going to make a dugs dinner of Celtics 10 in a row.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I see Rogic has been given the cold shoulder as well by Lennon. 

He’s going to make a dugs dinner of Celtics 10 in a row.

I'd love to see Rogic in maroon, ****ing hate when he lines up against us.

Always the victims. A rancid club with a horrendous past . Now managed by a complete idiot who funnily enough shares the same pond life level as the club 

Wee Lenny doing a wonderful job of disrupting the squad harmony, and causing division. Fantastic stuff.

Must be a lot of racists in the Celtic dressing room. He’s so unfortunate to keep encountering racism everywhere he goes. If I didn’t know better I’d would think it’s actually all in his head.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Definitely, he wasn’t that great last season against though so long may that continue. Lennon wants to play with two strikers so he might be on his way, to Leicester perhaps?

Edited by Pasquale for King

John Findlay

Wagons circled. Sycophants in the Glasgow media briefed. They don't like getting told a few home truths.

You get the impression that Lennon is a dinosaur that works on the basis if you treat your players like a bully they will perform for you through fear of failure. 

Bazzas right boot

Although Lennon is a dick,  this is typical of modern day footballers imo. 

What did Lennon do? 

Not play him as much? 

Shout at the delicate wee flower? 

Swear? 

Smile at him... ?

Lennon is a twat but Ffs, Unless Lennon assualted him ( I'd fancy Burke in that face off tbh) then grow the **** up. 

Smacks a little bit of a footballer thinking  he was gonna play every game and piss the league as he thought he was a level above, but when dropped and questioned he's taken the huff. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye, he gives me the fear, although last season injuries clearly affected him. 

So Kamberi at Hibs and now Burke at Celtic but yeah move on nothing to see here, poor wee Lenny is the victim! Man is a ****ing crackpot and Celtic are welcome to him, this is story 1 and the seasons not started by headline 5 we’ll get the mutual agreement to part ways statement! I predict December!

12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What did Lennon do? 

Not play him as much? 

Swear? 

Smile at him... ?

Lennon is a twat but Ffs, Unless Lennon assualted him ( I'd fancy Burke in that face off tbh) then grow the **** up. 

Smacks a little bit of a footballer thinking  he was gonna play every game and piss the league as he thought he was a level above, but when dropped and questioned he's taken the huff. 

Doubt it mate, the angry wee woman abuser falls out with people everywhere he goes. He’s basically genital warts.

tokyowalnut
50 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What did Lennon do? 

Not play him as much? 

Swear? 

Smile at him... ?

This is how I see it. West Brom in the huff because he hasnt played every game. I dont really rate Burke, by all accounts Celtic fans didnt think much of him either. 

But, doesn't change the fact that Lennon is a walloper of the highest order. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Doubt it mate, the angry wee woman abuser falls out with people everywhere he goes. He’s basically genital warts.

What did he do to him then? 

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What did he do to him then? 

You'd need to ask the Brummies... or the Hibs players of last season... or Levein... or McCoist... or Allan Thompson... or Shearer... or Gerrard... or Stokes... or Keane... or Dempster... or the woman he threatened with a knife... or the people he has accused of racism and sectarianism because they recognise that he is a ****ing ramjet.

Or maybe he is just really unlucky, and it is always everyone else's fault?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

You get the impression that Lennon is a dinosaur that works on the basis if you treat your players like a bully they will perform for you through fear of failure. 

The beatings will continue until moral improves kind of thing.

Lennon's a clown. 

It's all there for someone to nip in and stop 9iar. A club which goes that extra mile recruitment wise by signing 2/3 high quality (relatively speaking) players could do it, imo. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You'd need to ask the Brummies... or the Hibs players of last season... or Levein... or McCoist... or Allan Thompson... or Shearer... or Gerrard... or Stokes... or Keane... or Dempster... or the woman he threatened with a knife... or the people he has accused of racism and sectarianism because they recognise that he is a ****ing ramjet.

Or maybe he is just really unlucky, and it is always everyone else's fault?

I'm not a Lennon fan and from the reports in general he Comes  across a bit of a dick. 

He also has been treated poorly from fans up here but also imo he brings some of it on himself by being a classless wee prick who enjoys the limelight and controversy too much to remove himself from it. 

In regards to this thread and article I can't help but  think it's a bit sour grapes from Burke and West brom in general. 

Not seeing anything tangible that Lennon has done wrong. 

Burke is a grown man and a footballer, if Lennon has dropped him/ swore at him/ told him he wasn't part of his plans or the likes  then I think he should grow a pair. 

If he's threatened him with a knife or attacked him then fair doos, but I'm not getting that from the article. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

So Kamberi at Hibs and now Burke at Celtic but yeah move on nothing to see here, poor wee Lenny is the victim! Man is a ****ing crackpot and Celtic are welcome to him, this is story 1 and the seasons not started by headline 5 we’ll get the mutual agreement to part ways statement! I predict December!

Spot on! Pathetic anybody on here wants to give Lennon an ounce of sympathy!

Guest ToqueJambo

Celtic seem to be constantly shooting themselves in the foot despite being in their best financial and football position in ages. The Lennon appointment was such a backwards step. All very weird. It's like they're handing Rangers a free hit to challenge them.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

This is how I see it. West Brom in the huff because he hasnt played every game. I dont really rate Burke, by all accounts Celtic fans didnt think much of him either. 

But, doesn't change the fact that Lennon is a walloper of the highest order. 

Tierney should look at Burke (and Gauld) and see how being talked up and over-valued at a very young age doesn't mean you've made it until you've done the business at a genuinely top team, like Robertson.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

To think that little shit was the manager of the team that luckily beat us in the cup final really does stick in the gullet. 

A grade A turd.

We had them as well. 

I'd we'd went another 5 minutes with our noses in front, we were winning that. 

A brain fart and a bit of luck away. 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

There was only one man that could stop ten in a row and Celtic gave him the job. 

I'll never forget how the news of his appointment perked me up on May 25th after a ****ing horrible day.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tierney should look at Burke (and Gauld) and see how being talked up and over-valued at a very young age doesn't mean you've made it until you've done the business at a genuinely top team, like Robertson.

Bit harsh, playing at celtic is a decent level. 

Gauld couldn't get in the hibs team and Burke started well but stalled. 

Not every player will get to Robertsons level, doesn't mean you're not successful or not made it tho. 

If Robertson is the standard  we hold every Scottish player to, not many will be successful. 

He's the exception rather than the rule imo. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bit harsh, playing at celtic is a decent level. 

Gauld couldn't get in the hibs team and Burke started well but stalled. 

Not every player will get to Robertsons level, doesn't mean you're not successful or not made it tho. 

If Robertson is the standard  we hold every Scottish player to, not many will be successful. 

He's the exception rather than the rule imo. 

He could be the rule though. He got there partly through attitude. I get a definite whiff of "I've made it" from Tierney in particular. The comparison with Burke is more the 15m price tag and headlines at a very young age.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Locky said:

I'll never forget how the news of his appointment perked me up on May 25th after a ****ing horrible day.

Mourihno/ Benitiz rumours  to Lennon confirmed in a day. 

???

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He could be the rule though. He got there partly through attitude. I get a definite whiff of "I've made it" from Tierney and Burke.

Hopefully the rule in the future, realistically he's the exception atm. 

They have made it as well, any pro player making a living has made it imo. 

Just not as good as Robertson. 

Tierney if he has sense will go to Arsenal. 

20 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'm not a Lennon fan and from the reports in general he Comes  across a bit of a dick. 

He also has been treated poorly from fans up here but also imo he brings some of it on himself by being a classless wee prick who enjoys the limelight and controversy too much to remove himself from it. 

In regards to this thread and article I can't help but  think it's a bit sour grapes from Burke and West brom in general. 

Not seeing anything tangible that Lennon has done wrong. 

Burke is a grown man and a footballer, if Lennon has dropped him/ swore at him/ told him he wasn't part of his plans or the likes  then I think he should grow a pair. 

If he's threatened him with a knife or attacked him then fair doos, but I'm not getting that from the article. 

I think Lennon is just a horrible wee ***** to be honest, and because of this, he falls out with people. He lacks professionalism, and falls out with everyone he meets on a long enough timeline. I would suggest that is what has happened with Burke. For all his faults Rodgers was a proper modern day football club manager. Lennon is a wee sabre-rattling jakey, and I suspect Burke and West Brom were not comfortable with his potential impact on Burke's fledgling career.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think Lennon is just a horrible wee ***** to be honest, and because of this, he falls out with people. He lacks professionalism, and falls out with everyone he meets on a long enough timeline. I would suggest that is what has happened with Burke. For all his faults Rodgers was a proper modern day football club manager. Lennon is a wee sabre-rattling jakey, and I suspect Burke and West Brom were not comfortable with his potential impact on Burke's fledgling career.

I agree, but in regards to "potential impact" on Burkes career, he needs to man up imo if the problem is that Lennon was a bit of a dick and said bad words. 

There are horrible people in life and in football, you move on. 

He's not 16 Ffs, he's 22.

If he's that affected by the likes of this he's already peaked. 

Anyway - **** celtic, Lennon and for that matter West brom too. 

Hopefully the Lennon meltdown is in full flow already, hopefully we can get gain from it if we get our act together. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I agree, but in regards to "potential impact" on Burkes career, he needs to man up imo if the problem is that Lennon was a bit of a dick and said bad words. 

There are horrible people in life and in football, you move on. 

He's not 16 Ffs, he's 22.

If he's that affected by the likes of this he's already peaked. 

Anyway - **** celtic, Lennon and for that matter West brom too. 

Hopefully the Lennon meltdown is in full flow already, hopefully we can get gain from it if we get our act together. 

You misunderstand me. A 22 year old player is still learning a lot. It can make an unbelievable difference to his development if he is being managed and coached by competent professional people, instead of rancid wee paranoid jakeballs.