• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Mikey1874

• Locky

• busby1985

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

More likely he will be at St James Park. Ashley likes the cheap option. Fast track to EPL for Gerrard. 

Cripes never thought of that one.   That would really upset Sevco fans.

Mr Elwood P
54 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Everyone is aware McInnes is being paid an absolute packet by Aberdeen right? No way he would leave. 

You realise whatever Aberdeen pay Derek McInnes, Rangers could add a zero onto the end of it. They've just signed a lad from Charlton who is going to get £20k p/w.

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You realise whatever Aberdeen pay Derek McInnes, Rangers could add a zero onto the end of it. They've just signed a lad from Charlton who is going to get £20k p/w.

Was he on £2k a week at Charlton? 

?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17727033.steven-gerrard-insists-money-wont-make-him-quit-rangers-after-derby-job-links/ 

STEVEN GERRARD insists a multi-million pound bounty wouldn’t tempt him to swap Rangers for Derby as he dismissed talk of an Ibrox exit.

The 39-year-old has been linked with a potential move to Pride Park as Derby consider their options in the event of Frank Lampard making the switch to Chelsea this summer.

etc etc

Alex Kintner
35 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17727033.steven-gerrard-insists-money-wont-make-him-quit-rangers-after-derby-job-links/ 

STEVEN GERRARD insists a multi-million pound bounty wouldn’t tempt him to swap Rangers for Derby as he dismissed talk of an Ibrox exit.

The 39-year-old has been linked with a potential move to Pride Park as Derby consider their options in the event of Frank Lampard making the switch to Chelsea this summer.

etc etc

This doesn’t sound like someone who has made their mind up to stay:

“It’s difficult to predict. In an ideal situation, I don’t think it looks right if you go through lots of clubs.

“That wasn’t my way as a player and it’s not going to change my thoughts as a manager.

“It’s difficult to predict. As a manager, how long do you stay around for if it’s not in your hands? Sometimes it’s taken out of your hands. It’s very difficult to predict how many clubs I’m going to manage or coach in the future.“

Meanwhile Lampard is 1/8 with the bookies to move to Chelsea...

Said it weeks ago in work that if Lampard goes to Chelsea, Gerrard will be the man Derby want. Workmate is a Rangers fan and ridiculed me for thinking that because Stevie G is 'going for 55'.

I was very quick to remind him that Stevie G is ultimately going for the Liverpool job, and Rangers isn't gonna get him near that hot seat. 

Oh how I hope I'm right on this.

A guy at work just bet another sevco fan £100 that Gerrard away as he knows someone within the shareholders who was at a meeting in the last few days and has said Gerrard is away. The guy sounded extremely confident and wasn't scared to voice what was happening 

2 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

A guy at work just bet another sevco fan £100 that Gerrard away as he knows someone within the shareholders who was at a meeting in the last few days and has said Gerrard is away. The guy sounded extremely confident and wasn't scared to voice what was happening 

I spoke to a Rangers player yesterday about this and his response was “no chance”. The things that could play a factor are, Gerrard rents up here and stays with his analysts not his family, his family are still down south. There is and always has been tension between Gerrard and Allen over transfers. The main thing that will keep Gerrard here is they are 100% certain they will win the league this season with lennon at the wheel and with the feeling that they have Celtics card now. I don’t see Gerrard walking away from that. Football is mental tho. 

Mr Elwood P
33 minutes ago, Locky said:

Said it weeks ago in work that if Lampard goes to Chelsea, Gerrard will be the man Derby want. Workmate is a Rangers fan and ridiculed me for thinking that because Stevie G is 'going for 55'.

I was very quick to remind him that Stevie G is ultimately going for the Liverpool job, and Rangers isn't gonna get him near that hot seat. 

Oh how I hope I'm right on this.

I think Gerrard will be the next Liverpool manager regardless. If he wins the league at Rangers while working with 1/3 of the budget Celtic have it is guaranteed. For me it’s more a case of when Klopp will leave. He is made for the Real Madrid job but they have reappointed Zidane so won’t happen for a while. Interesting that Lampard only had to get Derby to the play off final to get the Stamford Bridge gig.

Walter Bishop
24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I spoke to a Rangers player yesterday about this and his response was “no chance”. The things that could play a factor are, Gerrard rents up here and stays with his analysts not his family, his family are still down south. There is and always has been tension between Gerrard and Allen over transfers. The main thing that will keep Gerrard here is they are 100% certain they will win the league this season with lennon at the wheel and with the feeling that they have Celtics card now. I don’t see Gerrard walking away from that. Football is mental tho. 

Are you in Portugal? 

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Are you in Portugal? 

No, and neither is the person I spoke to, he’s in North Carolina, with Godinho. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Scott Arfield. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Gerrard will be the next Liverpool manager regardless. If he wins the league at Rangers while working with 1/3 of the budget Celtic have it is guaranteed. For me it’s more a case of when Klopp will leave. He is made for the Real Madrid job but they have reappointed Zidane so won’t happen for a while. Interesting that Lampard only had to get Derby to the play off final to get the Stamford Bridge gig.

If he makes the leap from Rangers to Liverpool, I think it'll be purely on the back of who he is. I can't see Liverpool viewing anything he does up here as a massive achievement.

Personally, I think Klopp could be away by this time next year. If they don't get near the title this year, I think he'll feel he's done all he can do.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

If he makes the leap from Rangers to Liverpool, I think it'll be purely on the back of who he is. I can't see Liverpool viewing anything he does up here as a massive achievement.

Personally, I think Klopp could be away by this time next year. If they don't get near the title this year, I think he'll feel he's done all he can do.

Frank Lampard is getting the Chelsea job solely on who he is. 

But both have good football brains so why not. 

12 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Beat me to it.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Frank Lampard is getting the Chelsea job solely on who he is. 

But both have good football brains so why not. 

He is, but he's at least proven himself somewhat in England by getting Derby to the playoff final.

Point I'm making is, whatever happens in Scotland isn't really considered much of an achievement to clubs in the EPL.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Locky said:

I think winning the Scottish Premiership after years of Celtic’s dominance would be a massive achievement. You are correct he wouldn’t be anywhere near the Liverpool job if he wasn’t a club legend but he has done enough so far to attract interest from a club like Derby. 

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

He is, but he's at least proven himself somewhat in England by getting Derby to the playoff final.

Point I'm making is, whatever happens in Scotland isn't really considered much of an achievement to clubs in the EPL.

Derby very nearly missed the play offs. It was very small margins. He made a good substitution and changed the formation in the Play Off semi second leg. But Leeds gave away a goal when in total control.

Not enough on its own to get job at one of top 20 teams in Europe. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Derby very nearly missed the play offs. It was very small margins. He made a good substitution and changed the formation in the Play Off semi second leg. But Leeds gave away a goal when in total control.

Not enough on its own to get job at one of top 20 teams in Europe. 

You're right, but as you say because of who Lampard is, I think the only thing we need assured of was if he was a competent manager which he's shown he was. He outclassed Bielsa and a Leeds team with a decent budget, got closer to promotion than West Brom who still had PL money, and was only outclassed by Villa and really well run clubs in Sheffield United and Norwich. Of those 3, only Sheffield United haven't got recent PL experience, same as Derby. By recent, I mean last decade.

Bigger jobs out there for Gerrard. The Derby season last year was built on sand, Chelsea loan players and no long term future at the club. I'd imagine Gerrard on reputation could get a bigger gig

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

You're right, but as you say because of who Lampard is, I think the only thing we need assured of was if he was a competent manager which he's shown he was. He outclassed Bielsa and a Leeds team with a decent budget, got closer to promotion than West Brom who still had PL money, and was only outclassed by Villa and really well run clubs in Sheffield United and Norwich. Of those 3, only Sheffield United haven't got recent PL experience, same as Derby. By recent, I mean last decade.

Leeds outclassed Derby in 3 and a half out of 4 games. 

Overall Lampard did very little to suggest any more than a decent but very inexperienced coach / manager. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leeds outclassed Derby in 3 and a half out of 4 games. 

Overall Lampard did very little to suggest any more than a decent but very inexperienced coach / manager. 

But when it came to the crunch, Lampard got his way.

Dare I say as first seasons go, Lampard was considerably more of a hit than Gerrard.

Walter Bishop
55 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Ah Lucky you! (Assuming you're there aswell?)

Arfield`s a good lad, Knightsridge boy! 

Edited by Walter Bishop

Big Slim Stylee
17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

More likely he will be at St James Park. Ashley likes the cheap option. Fast track to EPL for Gerrard. 

Aw that would be epic. Just epic. ???

Mass implosion from the Loyal.

A_A wehatethehibs

I definitely can see him going to Newcastle, especially since he’d be succeeding his old manager Benitez so there’d be some familiarity and continuity. Benitez is probably the biggest influence from his playing days on how Gerrard coaches and manages. 

Can’t see him going to Derby.

34 minutes ago, Locky said:

But when it came to the crunch, Lampard got his way.

Dare I say as first seasons go, Lampard was considerably more of a hit than Gerrard.

No doubt getting to Play Off final was a success. 

Norwich and Sheffield United promoted (and Leeds) were on much lower budgets. But other big budget sides like West Brom, Middlesbrough and Stoke didn't do as well.

Decent potential I think and the Chelsea situation is an interesting possibility. 

Taking  the flag to ibrox for the first time this coming  season , followed by a big move down south . Lennon will also be carried of in a straight jacket ......  you never know !

CloustonHMFC

My Rangers supporting mate seems to be certain he’s off but I can’t see him going anywhere this season...

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Brilliant. Not a betting man...whats the bookies saying ref that one??

Independence
57 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is he away yet?

Who cares. This is a Hearts site. Bigots and glory hunters should go elsewhere.

Unknown user
On 25/06/2019 at 11:39, busby1985 said:

He stays with his analysts?

On 25/06/2019 at 18:19, Homme said:

Stevie G, forever sloppy seconds to Lampard. 

And that, for me, is why I can't see SG going to Derby.  His ego would never allow him to be seen as 'next best choice' to Lampard.  

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Independence said:

Who cares. This is a Hearts site. Bigots and glory hunters should go elsewhere.

It's a Hearts and football site. And we've reached two pages of contributions so some people obviously do care. ?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He stays with his analysts?

Yeah. Him and a few of the statistics/fitness boys he brought with him. Used to have a penthouse flat thing but have it are moving to bearsden to a house. His family are still in England. 

Alex Kintner

Next Derby manager:

Darren Moore 7/2

Phil Neville 9/2

Danny Cowley 9/2

Steven Gerrard 7/1

Chris Hughton 9/1

indianajones
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Next Derby manager:

Darren Moore 7/2

Phil Neville 9/2

Danny Cowley 9/2

Steven Gerrard 7/1

Chris Hughton 9/1

They would be fools not to go all in for Chris Hughton imo. 

Can't see him leaving Sevco.

Been told that Liverpool want him as manager when Klopp goes and so are paying part of his wages still. He gets to take their young players on loan for a season, but more importantly he plays them. Liverpool have a feeder club, with their own youth coach in charge, their players get experience and toughened up, and Gerrard gets managerial experience of a big club with lots of pressure.

I can't see Derby or Newcastle agreeing to this deal, and as the loan deals are already in place I think it's safe to say he will be staying.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

They would be fools not to go all in for Chris Hughton imo. 

Absolutely, quality choice!

6 minutes ago, hawaii said:

Been told that Liverpool want him as manager when Klopp goes and so are paying part of his wages still. He gets to take their young players on loan for a season, but more importantly he plays them. Liverpool have a feeder club, with their own youth coach in charge, their players get experience and toughened up, and Gerrard gets managerial experience of a big club with lots of pressure.

I can't see Derby or Newcastle agreeing to this deal, and as the loan deals are already in place I think it's safe to say he will be staying.

No chance.

He will have to prove himself at a higher level than Sevco before Liverpool would look at him as a head coach.  Right now the best he would get is a youth coaching role like he previously had.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 hours ago, hawaii said:

Do you honestly believe that BS? 

Mr Elwood P
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

No chance.

He will have to prove himself at a higher level than Sevco before Liverpool would look at him as a head coach.  Right now the best he would get is a youth coaching role like he previously had.

Like Lampard? Klopp leaves, Gerrard goes to Liverpool.