Gerrard is Derby bound (NHC)

Alex Kintner

Mr Elwood P
14 hours ago, hawaii said:

Can't see him leaving Sevco.

Been told that Liverpool want him as manager when Klopp goes and so are paying part of his wages still. He gets to take their young players on loan for a season, but more importantly he plays them. Liverpool have a feeder club, with their own youth coach in charge, their players get experience and toughened up, and Gerrard gets managerial experience of a big club with lots of pressure.

I can't see Derby or Newcastle agreeing to this deal, and as the loan deals are already in place I think it's safe to say he will be staying.

They've taken three players on loan from Liverpool. None of them are likely to make it at Liverpool. No way they are paying Gerrard anything. Agree that he is the Liverpool gaffer in waiting!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Mikey1874

• Locky

• busby1985

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They've taken three players on loan from Liverpool. None of them are likely to make it at Liverpool. No way they are paying Gerrard anything. Agree that he is the Liverpool gaffer in waiting!

Wouldn't be sure about that, about 20 years ago the son of his bank manager told me that probably the highest profile Scottish player of the day received regular payments from Liverpool even though he never ever played for them in his career!

Gerrard made approaches to sign Lalana, Origi and Solanke last season on loan, all approaches rejected straight away. He also tried to bring in 3 other youth players, I can’t remember their names, on loan and again was rejected by Liverpool. The idea that he is being paid by Liverpool as some sort of apprentice doing his apprenticeship at Rangers is seriously deluded and under estimates the size of the job that Rangers is and managing in our league. 

Edited by busby1985

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Wouldn't be sure about that, about 20 years ago the son of his bank manager told me that probably the highest profile Scottish player of the day received regular payments from Liverpool even though he never ever played for them in his career!

Who?

Liverpool just won the Champions League and were 2nd in the EPL.

Sentiment only goes so far. Gerrard hasn't done anywhere near enough to be considered for the Liverpool job

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Like Lampard? Klopp leaves, Gerrard goes to Liverpool.

20 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Sentiment only goes so far. Gerrard hasn't done anywhere near enough to be considered for the Liverpool job

This man gets it.

20 minutes ago, Glottis said:

He's the Liverpool manager in waiting, only a fool would believe otherwise

The Real Maroonblood
18 hours ago, indianajones said:

They would be fools not to go all in for Chris Hughton imo. 

I agree and I think he was harshly treated when he was there before.

tokyowalnut
9 minutes ago, Biguche said:

He's the Liverpool manager in waiting, only a fool would believe otherwise

Of course he is, but he isn't getting it if he bombs at Rangers. 

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This man gets it.

Alternatively, neither of you get it. Zidane and Guardiola only managed the Madrid and Barcelona B teams respectively. They were then appointed to the two most prestigious managerial positions in world football. Gerrard was a youth coach at Liverpool and will have at least a couple of seasons experience at Rangers before taking over at Liverpool. Lampard has had one season at Derby country, instead of the youth route taken by Zidane and Guardiola, he looks set to be the next Chelsea manager. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Alternatively, neither of you get it. Zidane and Guardiola only managed the Madrid and Barcelona B teams respectively. They were then appointed to the two most prestigious managerial positions in world football. Gerrard was a youth coach at Liverpool and will have at least a couple of seasons experience at Rangers before taking over at Liverpool. Lampard has had one season at Derby country, instead of the youth route taken by Zidane and Guardiola, he looks set to be the next Chelsea manager. 

Both those examples were internal trials.

Gerrard won **** all and finished a distant second in a two horse race.  The championship is rated higher than the SPL.

Champions League winners will expect better.

Edited by frankblack

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Gerrard won **** all and finished a distant second in a two horse race.  The championship is rated higher than the SPL.

Was hardly distant but he did bomb in the cups. 

Mr Elwood P
31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Europa League qualification was a great achievement. Gerrard isn't going to be manager of Liverpool anytime soon, he will be the next manager of Liverpool though. Klopp will win the EPL and then leave, he may need Guardiola to leave City first though!

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They were both top-class players though... 

?

Perth to Paisley
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who?

Thinking Barry Ferg but have no idea...intrigued why anybody would get paid for not playing for the club.

Gerrard is up there with Liverpool's all time legends. He's already done the youth coaching there and he'll have experienced managing a club with massive expectations. There's actually not much risk when you consider he brings back a whole backroom of staff who have worked there and will be well advised

5 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

:what:

6 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

:what:

Could be ***** but I have no reason to doubt the guy who told me. Thinking about it it was actually nearer 30 years ago and the player was still fairly young. I presume if it is true they were hoping it might sweeten a possible move later but he never did play for them.

6 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Could be ***** but I have no reason to doubt the guy who told me. Thinking about it it was actually nearer 30 years ago and the player was still fairly young. I presume if it is true they were hoping it might sweeten a possible move later but he never did play for them.

Not doubting any possible info you had mate just have absolutely no idea how to decipher what you wrote. The son of who's bank manager? 

15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Not doubting any possible info you had mate just have absolutely no idea how to decipher what you wrote. The son of who's bank manager? 

The son of the player's bank manager.

13 hours ago, frankblack said:

I think Gerrard is out of his depth as a manager even at Sevco. Watch the technical area during games. McAllister is carrying him . He’s no more than a public face to keep the bears happy.

5 hours ago, munro9 said:

I think Gerrard is out of his depth as a manager even at Sevco. Watch the technical area during games. McAllister is carrying him . He’s no more than a public face to keep the bears happy.

Lampard was out of his depth at Derby too.

But doesn't mean they aren't good enough with better players.